MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Came up to Monterey Peninsula for a conference that my wife had to go to, so I’m up here forced to play golf... the things we husbands do right?
so, today I played Bayonet, shot a 77., and tomorrow I’ll play Blackhorse. It’s supposed to be a little easier... we’ll see..

I know how it is, the sacrifices we make for our wives

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 (+5)

3/7 FiR

4/9 GiR

17 Putts

1 bee sting

Couldn't make a putt but that's a common theme at the minute. Was taking a practice swing on the 9th and all of a sudden felt a stinging pain in my arm. Looked down and this ******* bee was just sitting on my shirt looking up at me. Luckily he stung me through my shirt, so the stinger stayed on my shirt. Had my buddy grab it off of my shirt because I wasn't sure if that was actually the stinger (never been stung before). Smoked a 4i like 210 into the wind after, I guess I was upset and had some adrenaline pumping, LOL!

• Like 6

Decided to see how many holes I could get in last night after work with sunset coming around 5:30 pm. Turns out I can get in 18 when starting around 4:15 pm. My Garmin says 1 hour and 20 minutes to record this.
IMG_2984.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Came up to Monterey Peninsula for a conference that my wife had to go to, so I’m up here forced to play golf... the things we husbands do right?

so, today I played Bayonet, shot a 77., and tomorrow I’ll play Blackhorse. It’s supposed to be a little easier... we’ll see..

Neither one are easy...

3 man scramble today.  I, personally, played poorly.  Ball striking wasn't good, at all.  As a team, we shot in the middle of the pack. But, the weather was good!  

edit .... turns out we were 0.5 strokes out of the cash (net score)

• Like 5

+2 for 9 tonight. Bogied 2 3, 4 and was looking at another bogey on 5 thanks to a toeing my hybrid leaving me short , but Ipitched it in for birdie then played par the rest of the way.  

Iron play has been good and this was a really enjoyable round as I played well in all areas. Rain and snow is on the way so getting every possible chance. 

• Like 4

Friday 9 at Navy Marine. 45, 0% FIR (), 22% GIR () and 17 putts. Simply put, I didn’t do anything particularly well, but it’s all good. The grind will continue!

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Joined @mr.hicksta and also didn't do anything well

3/7 FiR

2/9 GiR

18 Putts

No bee stings!

Aside from nearly holing out with a PW from 133 that I put to 3" it was a struggle today. Honeymoon phase with Flash is definitely over and I can't putt worth a lick!

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

7/14 fir

12/18 gir

32 putts

I gotta figure out a way to stop making bogeys. Bogeys suck! Shooting +1 with 5 birdies is just brutal!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

7/14 fir

12/18 gir

32 putts

I gotta figure out a way to stop making bogeys. Bogeys suck! Shooting +1 with 5 birdies is just brutal!

Yer preaching to the choir my brutha!

• Like 2

Played my last round up at the Monterey Peninsula at a little muni track called Pacific Grove. Talk about a hidden gem...
shot well as I had a great ball striking week up here, so I won’t bore you with any details, but rather a few pics of a track that charged me $59 with the cart...
374CF778-78C5-43C0-A96D-0C233EC75FE6.thumb.jpeg.1e9e0f5d3eaaba43e972c6b6022456fe.jpeg0F2867C0-19DD-47C1-9B44-89CA6C0105CE.thumb.jpeg.2bfeb54a73536b448ab4602bd564f1f1.jpeg9E6D1417-5A74-410A-81BB-D412DDD39F25.thumb.jpeg.fc02cd5035c9bfdd187179435b80145a.jpeg71FF6E38-4CB6-4FF4-A79E-D7BC5B0C1A90.thumb.jpeg.39c7cc2c90ba9dbb0902f82fcada8cdf.jpegC8E83EE3-39AB-4832-8959-57FA2ED62371.thumb.jpeg.623060f6daed02b3a928b4eeaf0e93c3.jpeg
Oh the memories!! I loved the PG links when we lived in PG. Another really fun track is Monterey Pines.

True story: When playing some of the other courses in the area, I had run into some folks from across the pond in both directions. They had come to play Pebble. Unbeknownst to them, you can't just play Pebble without some major pre planning and some major mullah. They were both nearly heart broken. I told them both to make a point to play PG before they left. I gave them my email to let me know how the round went. Both wrote me back thanking me for saving their trip.

We also really miss the peninsula deer. Such a magical place.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 7

Played 9 yesterday on a reasonably mild day .. upper 40s, almost no breeze .. and then considering it "might be the last for a while" we decided to add a 4-hole loop on the Back 9.

Didn't score all that great .. a few pars, a few bogeys and doubles and two triples .. but felt like I had more good shots than usual, especially with short irons and wedges. Even got up and down out of the one greenside bunker I hit ✔️

But just couldn't string the good shots together; eg. a good tee shot followed by a chunked or flubbed approach; a good approach followed by a mis-read or mis-hit putt; .....

You know what I mean..! 😆

• Like 7

I think I was just tired from 36 holes the previous day. I think my biggest takeaway from this round is to not try and do too much. 1 double bogey in a round is too much, let alone three. I will say that the wind was blowing all day long so it made club selection a challenge.
IMG_2992.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Tale of two days...

Yesterday, I started off with a lost ball off the tee box and a resulting double and ended the round with a hit the wrong ball 2 stroke penalty triple, along with 2 more doubles and another triple for an 86.

Today, had nothing but pars and bogies for a 79.

After the new year, when weather permits, I'm going to spend some time with the pro figuring out how I can improve getting off the tee box.  It's killing me!

• Like 8

Shot half a$$ed today... too much in a hurry to get done before football.

some good shots, some not so good... 

• Like 7

8/14 FIR

12/18 GIR

34 putts

Terrible start to the round, 4 over after 5 and 5 over after 8. Hit 9 of the next 10 greens to keep score respectable and played them 1 under. In looking back it didn't feel like a bad putting round but 34 putts is too many. 

• Like 4

83. Didn’t count fairways or total putts. No three putts, hit my irons better, 3 doubles with no penalty strokes. Gotta stop the costly mistakes especially on pitch shots.... mostly a concentration issue.

• Like 5