Jump to content
MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Recommended Posts

Played 9 after work. This is 6 or 7 straight and not my best round. 6 over wirh all pars and bogeys. Didnt find many greens or fairways and couldnt make short par putts.  

Caught a 4some in carts on #7 green. I waited until they all cleared, moved to #8 box, and then hit to the 150 yard par 3.  I walked up, chipped up, and made par putt before all 4 teed off. I stood back while the 3rd and 4th hit.The last to hit asked if I wanted to play through and I said "if you keep moving Im good". He asked while the other cart was 40 yards out already.

I should have played through. 40 minutes later (at least) I finished in the dark. Worst 4some Ive been behind in a life time of golf. They had to have been on that 9 for 3 hours at least. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again tee shot and short game were good.   Short game seems to be improving as time goes by; feel for distance is improving.   Lag putting was pretty good, but struggled in the 6-8 foot range. Greens were aerated, but I should have been better.   NEed to get back to work on some indoor practice.   Iron play was slightly better but really needs some work;  may need to build a full bag  of hybrids and I seem to hit them great. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played after church and a meeting today - got 13 holes in - was 3 over.

Liked Across - very easy to use - haven’t really reviewed the data from the partial round yet. My approach shots were great all day - 27 feet in fact.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

80 today -- no fanfare --- just 8 bogeys and the rest pars.  Missed a couple of putts that made the difference between shooting 80 and in the 70s.  Posted the score and it knocked a 74 off the group, so my handicap jumped up a stroke -- which is a good thing as we'll be freezing handicaps at the end of the month until March.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, THEZIPR23 said:

69

7/14 fir

12/18 gir

27 putts

One of my most solid rounds of the year. Missed fairways were by about 2 yards, all of them. Missed greens were left in great positions except 1 and I hit great flop to 2 feet. Played par 4’s in 3 under, par 5’s in 2 under. My 2 bogeys were on holes I normally bogey. 205 yard par 3 that has a green sloped like a mountain and 221 yard par 3 that I missed 8 footer on. Overall extremely pleased.

WOW!  Great round dude... that is awesome.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CarlH said:

80 today -- no fanfare --- just 8 bogeys and the rest pars.  Missed a couple of putts that made the difference between shooting 80 and in the 70s.  Posted the score and it knocked a 74 off the group, so my handicap jumped up a stroke -- which is a good thing as we'll be freezing handicaps at the end of the month until March.

Not sure what the heck I was thinking as I havent posted all month. Had it stuck in my mind end of October. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pulledabill said:

Not sure what the heck I was thinking as I havent posted all month. Had it stuck in my mind end of October. 

@pulledabill Well, we're playing winter rules and, in my opinion, if you're bumping the ball, you shouldn't post .... but I'm playing games with others doing it, so I'm not going to handicap myself by playing it down.

New handicap system goes into effect Jan 1 ... wondering what the OGA is going to do.  Previously, they used to keep 2 lowest tournament scores for a year (assuming lower than the other 10).  With new rules being worldwide, guess that's got to change.  You hear anything on that with OGA?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CarlH said:

@pulledabill Well, we're playing winter rules and, in my opinion, if you're bumping the ball, you shouldn't post .... but I'm playing games with others doing it, so I'm not going to handicap myself by playing it down.

New handicap system goes into effect Jan 1 ... wondering what the OGA is going to do.  Previously, they used to keep 2 lowest tournament scores for a year (assuming lower than the other 10).  With new rules being worldwide, guess that's got to change.  You hear anything on that with OGA?

 

I have not seen or heard anything.  I work about a half mile from OGA Headquarters.  I will stop in tomorrow and see if they have anything on it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CarlH said:

@pulledabill Well, we're playing winter rules and, in my opinion, if you're bumping the ball, you shouldn't post .... but I'm playing games with others doing it, so I'm not going to handicap myself by playing it down.

New handicap system goes into effect Jan 1 ... wondering what the OGA is going to do.  Previously, they used to keep 2 lowest tournament scores for a year (assuming lower than the other 10).  With new rules being worldwide, guess that's got to change.  You hear anything on that with OGA?

 

If the course uses local rule for preferred lies you should post. Our course plays winter rules all winter. But like you if everyone is doing it I am going to do it also. 

Within each section, all defined terms are in italics and are listed alphabetically in Section 2 - Definitions.

7-1. Acceptability of Scores When Playing Preferred Lies

Scores made when a Local Rule for preferred lies (winter rules,) is in effect must be posted for handicap purposes unless the Committee (preferably the Handicap Committee in consultation with the Committee in charge of the course) determines that course conditions are so poor that such scores are not acceptable and should not be posted. Individual players playing the course do not independently decide whether scores are acceptable because of the conditions. If an individual decides to apply some form of this Local Rule, and the Committee has not invoked such a rule, the player's score is acceptable and must be posted for handicap purposes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early 9 holes, 57’ @ Tee Time, beautiful morning. 4 pars 5 bogeys 41. Putter kept me from getting any doubles.
Irons are getting better!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

If the course uses local rule for preferred lies you should post. Our course plays winter rules all winter. But like you if everyone is doing it I am going to do it also. 

Within each section, all defined terms are in italics and are listed alphabetically in Section 2 - Definitions.

7-1. Acceptability of Scores When Playing Preferred Lies

Scores made when a Local Rule for preferred lies (winter rules,) is in effect must be posted for handicap purposes unless the Committee (preferably the Handicap Committee in consultation with the Committee in charge of the course) determines that course conditions are so poor that such scores are not acceptable and should not be posted. Individual players playing the course do not independently decide whether scores are acceptable because of the conditions. If an individual decides to apply some form of this Local Rule, and the Committee has not invoked such a rule, the player's score is acceptable and must be posted for handicap purposes.

Yes, I understand, and I do post every round that I play during our posting season.  My point is that the course should continue to play summer rules as long as possible, unless conditions warrant otherwise.  Case in point is this year.  Our weather has been beautiful and, with the exception of leaves falling, the course is in every bit as good of shape as it is in September, yet our course went to winter rules based on a calendar rather than conditions.  They do the same thing come spring and continue to play preferred lies far too long (in my opinion, which holds very little value in the grand scheme of things).

But, I digress.....back to our regular channel....How'd you play today?

🙂  🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rushed out of work to get as many holes possible as rain is coming. 15 minutes from work and realized I had some keys I had to take back.Turned around and back to work. Dropped keys off and took a different route home only to find the on ramp closed. Back to original route and finally made the course thinking on 5-6 holes. 

Teed off dead in to the sun and never saw it.  Felt like I tugged it and sure enough I found it under the trees left side. Bogey on an easy par 5. Settled down and was +2 after 8 thanks to a birdie on #8 then doubled #9. My worst hole on my course. Its generally a short iron in but the steep slope and creek behind begs me to take 1 less club. Then I end up backing it off the sloped green.

Ive been really focusing on getting more aggressive with short irons but this hole is in my head and my playing partners can see it. Dont think Ive been in that creek but once in two years. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Yes, I understand, and I do post every round that I play during our posting season.  My point is that the course should continue to play summer rules as long as possible, unless conditions warrant otherwise.  Case in point is this year.  Our weather has been beautiful and, with the exception of leaves falling, the course is in every bit as good of shape as it is in September, yet our course went to winter rules based on a calendar rather than conditions.  They do the same thing come spring and continue to play preferred lies far too long (in my opinion, which holds very little value in the grand scheme of things).

But, I digress.....back to our regular channel....How'd you play today?

🙂  🙂  

Oh in that case I agree with you 100%. Our members have decided that winter rules will be in affect on the calendar even though it’s 80 and we haven’t had rain all year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
7/14 fir
12/18 gir
27 putts
One of my most solid rounds of the year. Missed fairways were by about 2 yards, all of them. Missed greens were left in great positions except 1 and I hit great flop to 2 feet. Played par 4’s in 3 under, par 5’s in 2 under. My 2 bogeys were on holes I normally bogey. 205 yard par 3 that has a green sloped like a mountain and 221 yard par 3 that I missed 8 footer on. Overall extremely pleased.


Great round ZIPR!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
12/14 fir
12/18 gir
28 putts
First time I have shot in the 60’s in back to back rounds and it was on 2 different course. This game is a blast sometimes. The 2 fairways I missed, I made birdie. Hit the best 5w of my life from 233 to 5 feet, made the eagle. Unfortunately it will be another week before I play again. 


Another great round - good stuff. Mighty solid.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First sunny day in ages, but that meant very very cold, course on winter greens so I didnt play, cant do winter greens!

Practiced chipping and putting for an hour just to warm up lol

Not a great post or story but its all I've got in this horrible weather🙄

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was lucky enough to play with a customer down in San Antonio where it was 80* and sunny.  Haven't played much of any golf the past 3 months, but was able to really hit the ball well and was consistent all day.  Shot 3 over at The Quarry golf course, which was in good shape for this time of year.  And lucky for me the greens had just been overseeded or else they would have been much much faster.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...