Our Sponsors

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

Yesterday 74 then even on the back 9 afterwards 

• Like 6

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Yesterday 74 then even on the back 9 afterwards 

Sounds like a rough front nine. Glad you turned it around on the back nine.
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

74 today

-1 thru the front, then plus 5 on the next 3 holes. Then -1 the rest of the way.

my buddy matched his low at this track with a 67. 

• Like 7

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

83 thanks to two doubles. Played about 14 holes with another member that I had never played with before. Good pairing. 

Played the same ProV1 all the way. Every iron shot I hit today was short. Nutted a 5i that went 170 instead of 185.  90y wedges going 85 maybe.  That ball off irons was crazy short. Same ball off 3w and 5w was 10 to 15 yards longer.  ir temp was mid to low 50s. I do think that ball was a water ball I found it didnt have my marking on it. 

Didplay 4 holes with a 58 year old solo thst caught us. Ex Marine and spent some time as a PGA pro. He was here from Tenn. visiting his daughter. A real stick.  -1  during those 4 holes. Looking forward to him coming back. 

• Like 6

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I wasn't going to play today but the golf course in my neighborhood is closing and I had to play it one more time. I'm really sad to see it close - I have so many great memories there and living in a neighborhood with a golf course has been really fun. It's not a great course but it's fun and it has always had a special place in my heart. It was 50* today with a pretty good breeze so it felt a bit colder but the sun was shining and I enjoyed being out there. This time of year my back is always an issue and today I was particularly stiff so I played the white tees at 6196. I took a lot of extra club but I played really well - so much better than I deserved - it just seemed meant to be that my final round at this course would be a really good one. 

FIR 8/12

FIR 15/18

Putts: 27

• Like 9

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Played a quick round today instead of working and put up a nice 1 over 72. Nice to get back out and play a bit before the snow really hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Played today at the St Lucie Trail club. Very nice track - did play 2 balls on the front as a part of my Maxfli testing.

Shot 75 with those two balls and then added a 37 on the back playing 1 ball.

Hit it about as well as I am able. Tricky course. ARCCOS and range finder really helped, that and I really don’t hit it far enough to get into trouble. :)

I do hit it very straight though and hit some great approach shots. Worked my way around a strange course nicely -it’s a Fazio course so I knew the drill heading in - avoid the traps. Never hit it into a single one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

No rain? We got rained out today.

• Sad 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played a short 9-hole course this afternoon and I seem to be back on the bogey golf train after several weeks of way, waaay worse golfing. Just trying to focus on the ball and make good contact, and - importantly - trying to limit my mistakes. Didn't hit a lot of great shots but then .. didn't hit too many really terrible ones, either. One double on the lone Par 5 after I hooked the uphill approach shot OB; one par on the closing Par 3 and the rest bogeys.

A few good tee shots; short game could, of course, be sharper but it was ok enough and don't feel like I wasted shots there; chunked a few second shots so that's something that clearly needs more work.

Separate topic but I recently got a free Golftec lesson after making a donation to the PGA Hope program - it seemed to go well so I signed up for a few more. I know they don't have the best reputation but I got an older guy who seemed to genuinely care so it seemed worth a shot; plan on spreading out the sessions over the winter with LOTS of purposeful practice interspersed between.

• Like 8

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

First round for a couple of weeks after a sore back put me out of action. Started well with a birdie, holed a 50 foot downhill putt that looked in from 20 feet. It all went backwards after that, hit a bad shot on every hole for the next 11 holes and missed way too many 6-10 foot putts. Finished a bit better, ended up 12 over.

Most of my bad shots were due to overswinging. Need to remember that 2/3 is the new full. Had an enjoyable day despite the poor play. Played with a long term mate and a couple of his mates who have recently joined my club. Lots of laughs interspersed with some good golf. For a change the weather was pretty good, only blowing 1 1/2 - 2 clubs.

• Like 8

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:mizuno-small: MP18 MMC FliHi 4 Iron - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

On 11/14/2019 at 4:50 PM, pulledabill said:

83 thanks to two doubles. Played about 14 holes with another member that I had never played with before. Good pairing. 

Played the same ProV1 all the way. Every iron shot I hit today was short. Nutted a 5i that went 170 instead of 185.  90y wedges going 85 maybe.  That ball off irons was crazy short. Same ball off 3w and 5w was 10 to 15 yards longer.  ir temp was mid to low 50s. I do think that ball was a water ball I found it didnt have my marking on it. 

Didplay 4 holes with a 58 year old solo thst caught us. Ex Marine and spent some time as a PGA pro. He was here from Tenn. visiting his daughter. A real stick.  -1  during those 4 holes. Looking forward to him coming back. 

Our 76-year old Marine Lt. Col. pilot the we play with told me that there are no Ex Marines.  Once a Marine... always a Marine.  

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Our 76-year old Marine Lt. Col. pilot the we play with told me that there are no Ex Marines.  Once a Marine... always a Marine.  

That is true, and having a Marine in my family and buddies who are Marines, I should know better. 

Edited by pulledabill
  • Like 3

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

9 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Tried to play a twilight 18 at Mamala Bay with [mention=72400]yungkory[/mention], but we got caught behind a super slow foursome and only made it through 15. I shot 42 on the front and was even through 15 before we ran out of daylight. Damn, damn, DAMN!!!

IMG_0338.JPG

... With snow on the ground and wind chill in the teens, I would be thrilled to play 15 holes on an island in the Pacific! 😎   That said, I certainly understand the frustration of being behind a s-l-o-w group. One of the days my goal is to join you and YK for a round of golf. Still never been to Hawaii but it will happen! 

• Like 6

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

I believe that’s correct from all the Marines I’ve known.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Getting ready to play in our club’s Turkey tournament in support of Union Gospel Mission. Everyone brings a turkey. Stuppit games on nearly every hole.

Foggy and 38*.
Image1573924687.265266.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We didn’t play today, too cold! It’s 52’, little windy and cloudy.
We have collectively turned into a group of ole FL Weenies.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We didn’t play today, too cold! It’s 52’, little windy and cloudy.
We have collectively turned into a group of ole FL Weenies. emoji33.png

52 is cold?  I'd be out there in a second.  44 here and I'd be playing, but I'm supposed to take it easy after having a tooth surgically extracted yesterday.  My nurses will be out of the house tomorrow, and if I have to drive up to Northern VA for an early morning Monday meeting, I might just get stuck at a golf course for a while.

• Like 5

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino