How bad is your golf club addiction…

3 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I do not have an addiction to the point I switch sets, as I only have 1 set. But I do apparently have (according to the boss lady) a problem with goodwill/thrift stores for golf stuff of any kind.

One day I may just find an entire iron set, that can be fairly easily rehabbed back into existence .

Denial…

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Denial…

The river , in Egypt? 😆 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

I do not have an addiction to the point I switch sets, as I only have 1 set. But I do apparently have (according to the boss lady) a problem with goodwill/thrift stores for golf stuff of any kind.

One day I may just find an entire iron set, that can be fairly easily rehabbed back into existence .

A reason I miss Florida at times. They have all the thrift stores that have clubs that get put out. Some are 2-3 years old. Sometimes golf communities do huge yard sales and you can find expensive clubs for cheap in those as well. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

5 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

A reason I miss Florida at times. They have all the thrift stores that have clubs that get put out. Some are 2-3 years old. Sometimes golf communities do huge yard sales and you can find expensive clubs for cheap in those as well. 

Yeah, I've watched a ton of stacked golf on YT. Crazy the deals they find! One episode A 2021 cobra driver was 49.99 at one shop. It's only issue was a worn grip!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 5:13 AM, gingerbeast87 said:

Well the want and lusting for new clubs is ever present but the bank account and the wife are always asking unwanted questions like "why do you need to change your clubs", "what's wrong with your current ones", and "are you sure you need new clubs".  Apparently the answer that I'm sure this is what it will take to take 5 strokes off my game isn't an acceptable answer 🤣🤣

For me it's the occasional questions from my wife . . . "what are you doing with your second set of clubs?" ; "Is that new package that arrived more golf gear".  She's not overly critical and knows we have the funds to afford our vices, so I just keep looking and sometimes pull the trigger and purchase.  If my wife really knew that I actually have 3 full sets of clubs and a few additional old pieces, there might be more frequent discussions and questions about my level of sanity and quips about possible dementia.  Shhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell her what I just confessed here!

My weapons of choice:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 Max 10.5

5 Wood: :ping-small: G430 Max

7Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 SpeedBack

Hybrid: :PXG: 0211, 19-degree

Irons 1: :srixon-small: ZX5, 5-GW

Irons 2: :PXG: 0211 XCOR2, 5-GW

Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM9, 52 F8 & 56 S10

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider FCG #3 Mallet

“Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” - Sam Snead

4 minutes ago, William0946 said:

For me it's the occasional questions from my wife . . . "what are you doing with your second set of clubs?" ; "Is that new package that arrived more golf gear".  She's not overly critical and knows we have the funds to afford our vices, so I just keep looking and sometimes pull the trigger and purchase.  If my wife really knew that I actually have 3 full sets of clubs and a few additional old pieces, there might be more frequent discussions and questions about my level of sanity and quips about possible dementia.  Shhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell her what I just confessed here!

Your secret is safe here!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I admit I have it so bad.

i have a new hybrid and hybrid shaft experiment on the way, I counterbalanced my entire set of Maltby irons last week, I am behind in installing a new PX LZ wedge shaft in my 54° wedge, I am still in the middle of testing drivers even though the review of the Qi10 is officially over, I just bought counterweights to use in my gamer TS3/TS4 combos and my Miura CB-57 irons, AND I have a set of MP-33 irons waiting in my garage to be refurbished and rebuilt and adored.  Oh, and I am pining over a Maltby KE4 TC Pro I am likely to buy tomorrow and try as a mini-driver.

On very rare occasions, I look back on my life before I learned so much at MGS, and I think to myself:

But then the thankfulness returns.  

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

It's no just clubs. Its launch monitors too. I've been through a bunch of those as well...and its killing me not to get the MLM2.  My club addition started when I had a fitting and the results never transferred to the course. I have been tinkering with everything, like an idiot. Fitting yourself is never a good idea.....(but I know what IM DOING!! LOL)

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Paradym 10.5 degree Driver; Tensei 1K Blue 50g S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

What problem, I don’t have a problem!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter