How many balls do you carry?

I typically carry 2 dozen in my bag plus when I golf with my son, he tends to take some of out my bag and put them in his. So I'll ask him, and he goes dad, "I'm saving my ProV1's for my high school matches!" Smart Kid!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 with Mitsubishi Diamana Red M+ 50 x5ct shaft Reg flex

3-wood: Taylormade M5 with Mitsubishi Tensei Orange shaft Reg flex

5-wood: Taylormade r11s Aldila RIP Phenom shaft Reg flex

Irons: Maltby STi2 5-GW with Apollo Stepless shafts Reg flex

Wedges: 56,60 Titleist Vokey SM5

Putter: Odyssey white hot tour 5

Ball: Taylormade Tour Response

Way too many... My wife picks up balls that she finds while I'm playing. She knows the brands that I like. When we get home she cleans them all and puts the ones that I prefer in my bag. She has a collection of balls that she likes. She also has a separate bag of balls that I give to friends. 

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

Usually 10-12 + 3 I use for chipping/putting pre-round only

Stealth 2 driver, Sim Max 2 3W, Nike VRPro 5W, Stealth irons, Cleveland ZipCore wedges, and Odyssey White Ice 330 putter. TP5x

Typically, a dozen — 2/3 ‘ready to play’ and the balance in the bag (a sleeve of ‘new’ & others slightly used) — rarely loose a ball unless it’s a practice round where I’m targeting various locations, club distances, etc. 

Driver:    :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 12.5’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 19.0’

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 21.0’ Heavenwood

Irons:      :callaway-logo-1:  Big Bertha. 2023. A-Light. 6-7-8-9-PW-AW.

Wedge:    :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 50’

Wedge:    :cleveland-small: CBX-Zipcore. Wedge. 54’

Putter:       :taylormade-small:Spider. Tour III

I carry 6 in the bag and one in play.  Don't even know why I carry the 6, probably the same reason I start every round with two long tees, two short tees and a ball marker/divot tool in my right pocket.  However, I am NOT superstitious 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 driver w/Tensei White S, Cobra F9 3W & 5W w/Hazrdus Black S,  Mizuno Pro221s 4-PW S-300s .75" long,   TM MG series 50,54,58.  GP Z-Grip, Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 putter.   

Way too many.  Not because I lose them.  I know where they are if I need them.

<p>Driver:  Callaway Epic 9 deg, Graphite design shaft stiff</p><p>Fairway:  TM M1v17/p><p>Irons:  Mission Hot Milled regular, 5 thru sw, TM Putter:  face</p><p>Ball:  Titelist Pro V1 or chrome soft X

No more than 12, if I find a ball in newish condition I'll throw it in my bag or give it to one of the other guys in my group that tend to lose several balls in a round. 

Set1
Driver - :cobra-small:Cobra King F6+ set 9.5 D, Matrix 65M4 Black Tie R-Flex 65g low-mid launch 
Fairway - :cobra-small:Cobra F6 3/4 and 7/8 both R-flex
Irons - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Steel R-flex 4-PW
Wedges - :cleveland-small:Cleveland CBX 50 and 54, and Smart Sole 3 58
Putter - Top Flite Tour Align 5
Rangefinder - Leupold GX-2i3

Set2

Driver - Custom Built - Accura SP-700 400cc 10deg 48.5" S-flex

Hybrids - :adams-small:Adams Idea A50s 3 and 4

Irons - :taylormade-small:Taylor Made Burner Oversize 3-PW, lightly used 3 and 4 still in original plastic(auction buy $15 w/bag and several other clubs)

Wedges - Snake Eyes 52 & 56 and Dunlop True Tech Lob 64

Putter - W :wilson-small:ilson Harmonized M1

Set 3

My original set approximately 43 years old and I occasionally take the irons out for a swing

:titelist-small:Titleist Lite 100

Always carry at least a dozen in case I forget to reload before the round.  Happened once where I hit my last ball into a badly placed water hazard and had to borrow a ball to finish the round.

Callaway Paradym X 10.5 set to 11.5

Callaway Paradym 3+ wood

Callaway Paradym X 3/4/5 hybrid

Mizuno 923JPX irons 6-W Dynamic Gold 95 w/ProSoft dampeners

Cleveland CBX2 48, 52, 56

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6

7 minutes ago, golfnut3567 said:

Way too many.  Not because I lose them.  I know where they are if I need them.

We're like squirrels storing golf balls for the winter

Callaway Paradym X 10.5 set to 11.5

Callaway Paradym 3+ wood

Callaway Paradym X 3/4/5 hybrid

Mizuno 923JPX irons 6-W Dynamic Gold 95 w/ProSoft dampeners

Cleveland CBX2 48, 52, 56

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6

I'll gauge the number of balls I need based on how much water and trees a course has.  I don't recall losing more than a couple of balls in a round so I carry no more than 10 balls as I walk with push cart and want to keep it light.  I do find more balls than I lose so I have to clean the bag of balls every month or so.   A couple of decades ago, I played the beautiful Ko'olau golf Club in Hawaii.  At the time, they claimed to have the highest slope rating in the entire USA!  They recommended golfers take the same number of balls as their handicap!  I may have lost more than 2 balls that round! 😡

Typically I carry a dozen, and that is riding. Last year when I moved, I took some extra sleeves and packed them in my bag so it felt like I started the year with about 5 dozen in my bag, but I have cleaned it out now and have all the extra balls in my locker at our new club. 

When I carry, I am a lot braver now that I have a locker with extras that I can easily visit if I get wild off the tee. I may only carry 2 in my pocket and one in my little carry bag. 

Driver: Mizuno ST180 - HZRDUS Smoke Blue 6.5

3W: Mizuno ST180 - Tensei White

3H: Mizuno JPX 900 

4-PW: Mizuno JPX Tour 900 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

50, 54, 58: Mizuno T7 - KBS C Taper X-Stiff

Putter: Varies

"Win with Humility, Lose with Grace, and Do Both with Dignity" - Someone Smarter Than Me

I usually carry one sleeve in addition to the 3-4 I have loose in my bag. I only play ONE particular BALL, as I feel ball consistency is a very important part of your game. I don't have shag balls anymore as I'm usually at a range where balls are provided. Any I damage (or find) I give to my mailman for his daughter who is starting to play the game.

Too many.  I keep tinkering to see what ball I should be playing and always end up switching. I keep the old balls in my bag for when I have a bad round. I can then blame the ball and go back to what I was using before.

V Doz - 4 handicap 

One sleeve of new golf balls plus maybe 6-8 experienced golf balls.

I know a guy who kept all the found golf balls in his bag and he walk the golf course.  Judging from the bulking pockets, he must be carrying more than 3 dozen at any one time.

I keep around 1 dozen in my bag.  I also have a pocket for balls I find but I clean that out when I get home.

Titleist TSR2 driver

Titleist TSR2 3 wood

Taylormade Sim2 7 wood

Titleist T300/T200 combo irons 

Vokey SM8 52F/56S/60M wedges

scotty cameron Newport 2 putter

I carry about a dozen.  Just recreational golf, so are different manufacturers, mostly Titleist.  I switch if one is not playing well (LOL).

Dave Mueller

I tend to keep a variety of golf balls in my bag, ranging from those in perfect condition to some that have seen better days. Depending on how confident I feel during a game, I'll switch between them. Besides golf balls, my golf bag is a bit of a treasure trove filled with gloves, tees, ball markers, and other essentials—it's almost like a magician's hat, always something more to pull out!

default_taylormade-small.jpg.9f3c33d2914a289b997bc0d9cbcbc0a8.jpg RocketBallz Tour 9

image.png.46b20f0efcd82b230c806230edea24f4.png X-14 Dinosaur Irons

default_titelist-small.jpg.6c148257a14e8b2feaab98539c58c4b7.jpg  Vokey Wedges 46* 52* 56* 60

image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png.de1a196d8e7e423f5d0a0bbcb5b19b03.png California Monterey

2 minutes ago, V Doz said:

Too many.  I keep tinkering to see what ball I should be playing and always end up switching. I keep the old balls in my bag for when I have a bad round. I can then blame the ball and go back to what I was using before.

Thankfully I've got all my tinkering done. There are a lot of decent golf balls to choose from these days, but once I found the one it made life easier.

D, 3W, 3H - Ping G 425 Irons - Mizuno SEL Tour 4-GW, Wedges Vokey S8 54° and 58°, Putter - Ping CA 70

I usually carry about 8 balls in my bag but right now with really cold mornings I may have 2 or 3 more softer balls to use until it gets over 60 degrees. Also with my eyesight I prefer yellow balls but now that dandelions are flourishing in the rough I'll switch back to white. Since reading the article re distance loss with blemished balls I'll trade them out more often. If I can feel the slightest scratch, out it goes.

Ping G425 SGT Driver

Ping Rapture V2 4 wood

Ping Rapture V2 23 ° Hybrid

Ping G430 26 ° Hybrib

Ping G 6 to PW irons

Ping 50° & 54° Glide 2 Wedge

Square Strike Chipper

Sandy Andy Sand Wedge

Evnroll ER7CS Center Shaft putter