Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

AutoFlex Dream7 Driver Shafts - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main threads in the links below!

@chisag - Main Post 

@KC Golf - Main Post 

@BallsLeon - Main Post 

@Kenny B -  Main Post 

@ZMendle10 - Main Post 

@Jean D - Main Post 

@nvizble1 - Main Post 

@Golfspy_CG2 - Main Post

Introduction:

Thank you to the MGS Forum Mods for picking me for this awesome driver shaft test.  It’s an honour to provide my third official review.  Needless to say, I am really excited about this opportunity.

Ever since the pandemic, I have spent a lot of time practicing and getting lessons to improve my game, but like many golfers my game suffers from a lack of consistency.  My index is currently 7.8, but it have ranged from 6.8 to 9.5 over the last 2 years.  I play mostly in Western Canada, so our season is pretty short.  My course has not opened up yet this year.  But I expect it to be open by next week.  Our range recently opened, but I have spent this Winter playing mostly sim golf on a GC Quad.  

I have played golf for a long time, but I started taking it more seriously in the last 7-8 years.  My Dad took me to the range a lot when I was 6 or 7 and we played a lot of publics and muni’s growing up. We were both very average at best and my Dad read a lot of golf books and magazines all the time, but we loved going out together and having fun.  We did a lot of father / son golf vacations over the years, but he hung it up about 20 years ago, after getting frustrated by forced carries.  We also did a lot of fishing and skiing growing up too.  We like watching golf, so my Dad took me to a few tournaments when I was younger, and I have been fortunate to go to a few majors and Ryder Cups / President’s Cups over the years as well.

i get to travel a lot for work, so I have been lucky to have played some golf in some interesting places in the world.  Lately, I have been playing golf in Asia.  I am looking forward to a trip to Scotland in August.

I am trying to get my 12 year old son to love golf as well, so we play alternating shot a lot for 9 holes and he has been getting group lessons for the last 5 years: however, he still likes swimming, rugby and milkshakes more than playing golf. He says watching golf is really boring.  He likes driving the ball and putting, so he has one of my old Titleist drivers and a nice TaylorMade Mallet putter. We manage to have a ton of fun while we play 9 holes. 

Our most important family member is Cooper who likes retrieving golf shoes more than golf balls. It’s too bad we can't take him onto the course.  He loves running around and getting pets from strangers.

IMG_1510.JPEG.aa394e8895d2c1cd8c91be870d8cbf69.JPEG

My game is probably typical for mid handicappers on MGS.  I am natural fader of the ball.  My misses with driver are usually slices (caused by coming over the top) and sometimes heal strikes (usually standing to close to the ball and swinging fast) which go low left.  My swing tempo has always been pretty good. I have been getting more orthodox with my grip and swing, but I still have swing issues.  My major recurring problem is coming over the top which leads to an open face and a slice.  I also release my hands too early (prior to impact0, so I add loft at impact instead of having my hands more forward at impact.  I am working on it and its getting better.  

I am currently focused on trying to make my misses more playable with my driver vs out of bounds or in jail.  Will see if that happens this year.  Like every Spring, I am optimistic.  Who knows may be this year will be the year when I can get to a 5 index.  I got to play a round with a pro recently, and it was a bit eye opening day for me on what I am doing or not doing under pressure trying to make a specific shot.   

As a former Arccos tester for MGS, I am still using it to get all of my stats.  Arccos is great.  Linked with an Apple Watch, I think it’s hard to beat.  For this test, I believe Arccos will be important.  I will be able to provide some independent data on how far the new Dream 7 and how much better / worse the dispersion will be compared to my current gamer.  I also have access to a GC Quad.

Here is some of the data on my driver.

IMG_7902.PNG.a852bad6700c50e35605fb4f2a505c30.PNG

IMG_7903.PNG.201781cf086bb00caa29fe40b53b72c7.PNG

Arccos Data:  Please note that I play at altitude, so I have 10-15 yards of more carry distance than if I were playing at sea level. 

The driver I currently game is a TSR3 9 deg with a Graphite Design Tour AD - DI 6S.  It is set to C1.  Which is what my fitter suggested after we worked on various settings during the fitting session.  Its been in my bag since early last Summer.  I upgraded from a stock TSi3 with a Tensei AV White 60 Stiff.  I tried the TM Stealth 2, Callaway Paradym and the Ping G430 Max and found the TSR worked best for me.  Not the longest but still very far and very playable.  I really like the feel and sound of the TSR3, its a great driver and I find its pretty forgiving on mis-hits too.

IMG_7904.jpg.79bf4e6d5550e4dda79c7472964e9e59.jpg

IMG_7905.jpg.575af2d86c47d3acc716545c05e90dfa.jpg

Here is the current what’s in my bag.  Woods: Titleist TSR3 9 deg. – Graphite Design Tour AD - DI 6S set to C1,  Titleist TSi3 FW 15 deg. Graphite Design Tour AD - DI 6S set to A1, Driving Iron: Ping 2 Crossover Driving Iron (G425) - NS Pro 950 GH Neo S, Titleist TS Hybrid 21 deg - Tensei Blue Reg.  Irons: Takoma 101T - KBR Tour Lite  Wedges: Vokey SM9s 46F - 10, 52F - 12, SM Forged 56M - 10, TM MG3 60 - 12.  Putter: Scotty Cameron – Special Select Squareback 2.0.  I was an Takomo 101T tester and these irons are still my gamers in the bag.  These things are awesome!  It’s in my view hard to beat for the price players distance iron.

IMG_7911.jpeg.8f36f1a82d5de30c479e23d5a3df3099.jpeg

IMG_7907.jpeg.9046a06c5f27a71bdc046f3598319e31.jpeg

Needless to say, but this test is going to be a ton of fun.  My current driver swing speed is around 98-101, so I picked the 405x in the black with green accents.  It looks really sweet.  I will be working with a fitter to get the length and SW adjusted to my swing / preferences.  

Edited by KC Golf
Edits

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

autoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shaft (SF405x) - Official MGS Forum Review by BallsLeon (TJ)

Intro
Hey everyone! I’m thrilled to be one of the lucky testers chosen for the autoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft review. My name’s TJ, hailing from Overland Park, Kansas. As of last year golf has taken over my life, I grew up playing as a child but over the past year have been practicing and playing more than ever trying to improve my game.

SaraandTJ-221.jpg.bbc8df6fde40606159f784366bae6c7a.jpg

As a casual/competitive golfer, with a GHIN handicap of 20.4 (and a Trackman handicap of 15.2), I haven't played any formal tournaments, but I’m obsessed with all things golf and working on improving my game. My biggest struggle? Driving the ball. Those OB shots and lost balls add up fast, and what I've found after being fit for irons this winter is that finding the right equipment could be a game-changer.

IMG_2476.jpg.737c851bc395eba67e604da0827c9371.jpgPXL_20230804_191025102.jpg.0983034a3f48899bc5db8e3dc9672abb.jpg

So when the opportunity to test the autoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft came up, I jumped at it. Full disclosure: I didn’t know much about autoFlex before this. The price tag always turned me off, but the chance to put it to the test is too good to pass up. From what I’ve read, the shafts are known for being lightweight and a more active flex profile, but a lot of that is shrouded in mystery due to the Korea Hidden Technology (KHT).

image.png.e9f57c2e6663ea1b5962d8ae4a309537.png

I’ve selected the 405x model based on my swing speed, which falls between 90-105mph. I’ll be working with my local fitter at GolfMD to ensure the autoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft is dialed in for my swing (included a video below of a young Garrett Clark being fit there). With access to Trackman technology at an indoor practice facility (GolfTRK), I’ll be conducting thorough comparisons between shafts and drivers. Additionally, I’ll be hitting the links weekly to assess real-game performance.

What am I hoping to achieve with this test? Simple: improvement. Currently, my fairway percentage sits at 38% according to Trackman, while my GHIN records show a similar trend at 32%. Per Trackman, my average drive length is approximately 209.3 yards (with my longest recorded at 265.6 yards). I want to see my fairway percentage increase to 39% or higher, with a noticeable boost in average drive distance. It’s a tall order, but if the autoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft can deliver, it’ll earn a permanent spot in my bag.

image.png.50345b7bbe4893190f5af7f7bd88f8bb.pngIMG_2532.jpg.b58c1fdc1181fce16e14377ebefc22f9.jpg

I’ll be spending considerable time both on the range and on the course, tracking performance metrics with Trackman. Launch monitor data will be compared between different shafts and drivers, while on-course rounds will provide real-world insights into how the autoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft holds up in the real world under pressure.

PXL_20230807_202035580.jpg.c6aa214e6c1d412fa93e18c0232f7e3c.jpg

In conclusion, I’m honored to have the opportunity to test the autoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft and provide valuable feedback to fellow golfers. I want to offer insights from the perspective of a high-handicap golfer who struggles off the tee, helping others make informed decisions about their equipment choices. Stay tuned as I share my experiences testing the autoFlex Dream 7 driver shaft!

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

AutoFlex Dream7 Driver Shaft (405x) - Official MGS Forum Review by JeanD

Introduction:

Hello everyone!  My name is Jean Dorais, I’m a 57-year-old golfer and father of a competitive curler from Ottawa, Canada.  I was incredibly fortunate to have been picked as one of the testers out of 2600+ entries for the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft review.  I must start with a great big thank you to MGS and Autoflex USA for the opportunity to review this shaft!

A little about me: I’m a senior IT Manager in the public sector and commercial photographer (weddings, portraits, senior portraits etc…) who started golfing some 25 years ago and then took a 17 year break to raise a family and do the ‘work thing’.  I’ve only started golfing again last year with my best friend and fellow golf fanatic (it's all his fault!) I have been absolutely hooked ever since! I am a recreational golfer with a handicap of 15-19…depending on the week. My golf swing has been described by various instructors and my current fitter as “how on earth do you hit the ball?” to “well, that’s certainly unique!” It’s different, but it works for me! I have fairly steady tempo - more Tommy Fleetwood, less John Daly... without the finesse, style or distance of either. I've slowly been working on my game, where my driver is my "best" club, but still struggle a lot in the >100yd range.  All that to say, I make "average Joe's" look good!!

I started with a set of 'previously-enjoyed' clubs that someone gave me, moved on to my first set of "real" clubs (Founder's Edge Original, with a Callaway Diablo 3 and 4 hybrids and a very whippy TM Burner) and played those before my break from the game.  On my return, I upgraded significantly to Cleveland Halo Launcher XL clubs (Driver, 3/4 hybrid, irons...) and played those all last season and loved them.  This January, I went for my first ever fitting and wound up with the TM Qi 10 Max (C6 Blue 60S shaft) & Qi irons (with Ventus TR 6R graphite shafts). The fitting was eye-opening and humbling at the same time...kind of like taking your car to the mechanic and saying "It's making a weird noise!" and the noise disappearing as soon as they look at it.  I kept telling my fitter: "honest, I can hit a ball!!!".  They were very patient with me and I now have some amazing clubs that are properly fit to my 6'4" frame for the first time ever!

20240426_123831.jpg

I was also fortunate enough to have been able to setup a home indoor simulator in early April and have been getting the setup tweaked – just in time for this testing opportunity! It's still missing a few things, but I'm able to hit on it and get data. Yay me!

What I am getting:

The manufacturer’s design philosophy is certainly interesting.  They do not work with fixed flex types like pretty much every other manufacturer out there. Instead, they are focused on club head speeds to determine the best shaft for you.  In my case, I’ll be testing the SF405x 50g shaft for swing speeds of 90-105mph in Orange. I’ve heard the original shafts described as “whippy” and “noodle-soft”, but as I’ve never held one or even seen one out on the course before, I will reserve judgement on those characterizations. 

Screenshot2024-04-26at6_00_18PM.png.ad9d4b37ef9f1373a9229160a55bc38f.png

I want to see if this self-proclaimed "Experience the ultimate in power and stability" shaft will help me get:

* More distance.

* Higher club head speed.

* Higher ball speed

* Lower spin.

* Tighter dispersion.

*And ultimately, lower scores on the course.

Testing Methodology:

* Qi10 Max (currently playing at 46.25" ) set at 10.5 degrees 

* TM TP5x balls on course and the Titleist Pro V1 RCT balls on the simulator (R10) and Callaway RPT balls (MLM2 Pro) to get accurate readings. 

* Garmin R10 and Rapsodo MLM2 Pro launch monitors both indoor and at the range.

* Data -both baseline with current shafts and SF405X- will be posted, no editing or removing the really bad shots (as embarrassing as they may be!). 

* Will be alternating between the shafts every 10 shots to eliminate bias as much as possible on the sim and range, and every round on the course.

* I am aiming to hit 1000+  balls during the testing period.

* I will be listing my impressions on feel (back swing, down swing, impact, follow-through).

* I will be comparing the SF405x to my Tensei AV Limited Blue 65 Regular Flex and C6 Blue 60 Stiff shafts.

20240426_134037_1.jpg

Based on both the manufacturer's claims to "Experience the ultimate in power and stability" and the cost, I am expecting a fairly significant increase in performance over my current shafts. To be perfectly honest, this is not a shaft that I would have even considered at my fitting- it's simply out of my price range (in CAD $, this is equivalent to my driver and hybrids). I hope my review as well as those from the other testers will help you make a decision on whether this shaft series should potentially be in your bag for the 2024 season!

Unboxing:

I received the Autoflex Dream 7 405x today (Thursday May 2nd) and it is absolutely gorgeous.  I do believe I am the first in Canada to receive it 😉 (Sorry @KC Golf, I couldn't resist!) The box was well packed with kraft paper throughout to keep the shaft safe within and arrived without any mishaps or scratches.  The shaft itself comes in a unique sleeve to protect it even further with the Dumina logo at the opening flap and a very nicely embroidered "Autoflex" logo in the middle. 

Autoflex405x-2-2.jpg.4cb4d2e8a4dafd50f9555a7c86ad1b67.jpg

Autoflex405x-3-2.jpg.770e4c4b9f31af1537a559d306a60f18.jpg

The shaft itself is a glorious and vibrant orange and arrived with my chosen TaylorMade adaptor + a GolfPride TourVelvet 360 grip (which I will be changing to a GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo to fit my big mitts ). My golf partner may not speak to me for a while after he sees the golf shaft come out of the bag: it is bold and beautiful and certainly not subtle.  Exactly what I wanted! One really nice added touch: a personal letter from Mike at Autoflex USA congratulating me on being chosen by MGS to do a test and review on their Dream 7 driver shaft. Mike, I really appreciate you taking the time to add this to our packages! As a first-time tester, this really was a "dang, this is really real" moment when I read the letter.  Thank you again!

Autoflex405x-5-2.jpg.7e0721ba6082c449c7e3c7f9dd69e9ad.jpgAutoflex405x-6-2.jpg.18cf2f12d6841271bdef0c4580c39e57.jpg

The Tensei AV Blue Limited 65R and the C6 Blue 60S managed to play nice with their new sibling and even agreed to pose for some family photos: 

Autoflex405x-3.jpg.cb6540978e717cdb8e895c0d16d79f5c.jpg

Autoflex405x-7.jpg.03fac493ad57923094d60cd39b0074e5.jpg

I will be heading to my fitter tomorrow to get the new shaft prepped and ready for the testing to begin.  I may be a little bold, but this is the shaft I will be using on Sunday for my first official on-course round of the year.  More updates to follow with hard data in the thread.

First Impressions and Fitting:

The shaft is very , very different in profile than either of my two other shafts (C6 Blue 60S and Tensei 65R) and flexes a LOT.  I am not saying it is whippy, but it certainly bends throughout the swing more than I am used to.  It is also much lighter by 14 grams than my other shaft (C6 Blue) and feels almost too light in my hands, but 11g heavier than my Tensei AV Limited Blue... which I find very surprising.  I can see the benefits over a round to having a lighter shaft, but it is certainly causing me some 'growing-pains' in learning how to hit.

The weights: shaft + TM adaptor + GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo single tape. 

NO TM Qi10Max head

20240505_193136.jpg.4a8d1059baa1050292f33fa58da69cba.jpg 

20240505_193014.jpg.8eb5368ab68332fa007090c184a0392a.jpg

20240505_192812.jpg.25b77ebda650ff5a527c7d3314a97b88.jpg

I went to GolfTown Gatineau and my fitter and I went through the process of getting this shaft properly setup for my swing (which isn't pretty- remember earlier when I said that I "made average Joe's look good"?  I meant it!)

We measured the shaft and it came in at 46" which we cut down to 45.75" and added a GolfPride CP2 Jumbo to fit my big hands.  When we put it on the scale, it came out right on D1 which is right in the center of the recommended swing weight range (D0- D2).  I apologize that I don't any images to share for this portion- I was simply too excited and completely forgot to take some!!!

I went into one of their Foresight GC Hawk bays and started warming up.  This shaft flexes in a completely different way than anything else I have ever hit and it has so far been a real struggle to get my transition smooth enough to take advantage of the shaft.  I am very much rushing the transition and it results in a very pronounced OUT to IN path causing me to heel a lot of my shots.  That's on me, not the shaft. I have been working on it since the fitting and it is slowly starting to make sense (right until I switch shafts for the review...). I have had 8 simulator sessions so far and data below including a short video of what happens when I manage to hit it center! This shaft has tons of potential, I just have to keep working on getting it working for me! My swing seems to like a heavier shaft combo, but with a pause at the top of my backswing, I seem to be getting the hang of hitting with the Autoflex shaft.

May3RangeDatab.PNG.6977b9d56a717ded55977887e7b2e3e2.PNG

Screenshot_20240504_055233_MLM2PRO.jpg.5c7068c89cc795cdab98f7eb7d43eea4.jpgScreenshot_20240504_055331_MLM2PRO.jpg.af876c7b8a036b91a5d560ce98a62fcc.jpg

Club head speed has certainly increased as has ball speed but due to my poor hitting face location, it has so far not translated to longer distances. Again, that's on me and not the shaft.  Heading out to the course tomorrow and hoping I can make something happen.  

Edited by Jean D

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

Autoflex Dream 7  SF405 Shaft Testing- Can It Live Up to the Hype

Intro April 30, 2024

I’m guessing many of you already know as much about me as you care to.   But for the newcomer, I’ll try not to bore you too much.

My name is Rob, the CG2 name is a shortened version of CarolinaGolfer2, which was my screen name before becoming a staff member.  

I'm 64 and probably one of the shortest hitters on the forum, and definitely the shortest hitter of the MOD team.   But they still let me hang out with them, a pretty cool bunch.  A bit about my actual driving game.

Here's a screen shot from a drive on my favorite hole at my course Compass Pointe Golf Course.  It's a 584 yard par 5 from the whites, with a 160 yard carry over the ravine  between the trees on the left and the ever present big one on the right.  The screen shot taken from my MLM2 is a bit off I think it says carry of 179, but based on where it landed and knowing the carry distance of the ravine, it was about 195 to 200 yard carry.   

My normal "good" drive will be about 210 yards, my average according to what I see on my FSK is usually around 185 carry and 202 total.   But I will be tracking the Dream 7 with the Shotscope X5 watch I just got in. 

IMG_0631.png

So here is the screen shot from GHIN of where my ball landed.  You will see that the Dream 7 has it's work cut out for it to beat it's predecessor, which beat my previous Graphite Design DI by about 10 to 15 yards. 

IMG_0754.png

I live in the Baltimore/Annapolis/Washington DC area, kind of in the middle of all three. I live with my Fiancé Michelle we been tighter for 29 years but don’t have any kids.

By default, I am a Washington football fan, still have a hard time calling them the Commanders, and Nationals and I’m a mild Capitals fan. It’s a great area for golf, we get to play 12 months of the year, even though we may run into a few of snow closings in January or February. 

By day, I’m the Tournament Sales Director at a 36-hole course in Maryland.  I run over 150 outing a year and it keeps me very busy.  But somehow, I have managed to play a fair amount of golf, and demo a few clubs here and there 😊  In the past year, I have become a certified PING Fitter and am working towards full Titleist fitter status. 

I keep telling my boss, I need a bigger office, he says less clubs....crazy talk! 

IMG_0590.jpeg

I may be the only person anyone knows that when I go out to play a few holes solo, I have two bags on the back of the cart! 

My current Ghost  WITB as it stands, the PING will replace the Callaway Ai Smoke, but it has the original AF in it, so it may get some head to head on course battles.

IMG_0636.jpeg

My experience in the industry has allowed me to take some fantastic trips to most of the major OEM’s and attend the PGA Show just about every year (pre covid) and meet some incredibly smart and wonderful industry people.  Including Big Al, who I first met 6  or 7 years ago as he was just starting out.  We have stayed in touch through the years.  What an incredibly funny and most importantly truly nice guy he is.   Even if he hits his 7 iron farther than my driver 🙂

image.png

I found the site in a bit different way than others who found it searching reviews of clubs. in 2016, I came across a rather “spirited” twitter exchange between Adam and someone.  I found Adam’s points very strong but very accurate and seemed to make sense to me. Prior to that I had only heard of MyGolfSpy as being a rogue site that specialized in putting out leaked or unauthorized photos of new equipment.  Just goes to show, you certainly can’t believe everything you read on the internet, especially when it’s a competing website/forum.

So, I looked at the article in question, can’t recall what it was now, but it was typical MGS style, making you not take for granted what the industry has always said.  I noticed the forum tab and jumped over there.  I found it to be very friendly, but also very lacking in participation. I mean I read pretty much 4 months’ worth of posts within the first couple hours, and a couple days in, I had read pretty much everything back for several years.  You could go an entire day on the forum and see maybe 40 or 50 posts in the entire forum.  

My how things have grown and changed—large part due to the new leadership with @GolfSpy_APH and the solid group of MODS we now have, who are so invested in making this a great place to be.   But mainly the credit goes to all the great members here, both long term ones and ones that have just recently found the site.

I was lucky enough to be picked for a test after about two weeks of being a member, I was shocked.  It was for the Precision Pro Golf Band.  An early version of a GPS watch, although it was more of a Fit Bit style than watch.  About 6 months later I was one of the original EVNROLL Testers which was a great experience, and really confirmed to me what a great community this was.

I first became a staff member in 2017, I believe and a year later became Co Director of the Forum with Golfspy_Studque.   Two years ago, I stepped back from the role due to the workload at my day job and became more of a as needed on call Moderator.   I have stayed on to help with things like the Major Contests or any other special contests/projects.

I organized the first two official MGS National Outings in 2022 in Maryland and had a lot of help from @Berg Ryman and @MDGolfHacker keeping things under control in a house of 20 when I wasn't able to attend.    Then in 2023 mostly the same group with a few new faces descended upon the Pinehurst area.   This year with the help of @GolfSpy AFGand  @GolfSpy_BEN we have a group of 22 headed to Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Va.  Almost doubled from the first outing of 12 two years ago. 

I have said many times over and over, the members here are the best asset we have.  They require very little moderation and allow the staff time to focus on things they want to do to try and make it the best forum in the industry. I have met many members and made several friends here, I travelled to Ohio to join a small group there for a round of golf and some incredible pizza!  

I currently play to a 17.1 handicap, but it fluctuates between a 16 and 19, and I continue to chase my ever elusive goal of a solid 12, thus the play number on my ProV's.  So I stare at the number for every shot. 

IMG_9527.jpeg

As I mentioned before, I have tested many clubs for MGS since that first Precision Pro review.  To say I’m excited about the AutoFlex Dream 7 is a huge understatement.  If you have followed my 2024 Driver shootout thread, you will see that I have had some really good results with the OG Autoflex shaft.  If this is better, well then look out for that goal of a 12 index! 

#dreamon Look for me to use this hashtag a lot in this testing, it just so happened to be the class song of my High School graduating class.  Damn, I just gave away my age. 

image.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Congrats to rhe testers!!  Cant wait to see if the shaft adds some yards!!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Congratulations. Interested to see how this performs compared to the cost

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Congratulations testers, would be an interesting test this, watched a video about these shafts and would like to hear your takes on them.

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: Marathon (depending on course and weather)

Shoes : :footjoy-small: Fuel 

Congrats fellas!  Hope you all do well with this one. Looking at you @chisag…will this be as good as that red?  It’ll be fun to watch. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Great group of testers! Congratulations to everyone, looking forward to your thoughts! 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Heck yeah. Fascinating test. Great group. Congrats!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Congrats testers should be a fun one to watch. Everyone loves the long ball so hopefully there are plenty in this test.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Congrats everyone!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

What a great group!  Look forward to learning alot through this post!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Congratulations all.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congratulations to this great group.

Looking forward to seeing the comments and reviews of how this shaft may improve your game.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

Congrats everyone! You must feel like you’re in a dream! (See what I did there)!🤣

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here | LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Congrats fellas. I’m very intrigued by this test and yes, just a tad jealous. Going to be a lot of fun to follow along with your process as well as the results. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Congratulations guys!!!! Will be following this one closely!

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Congrats testers! Great group here and excited to see how you get along with the Dream 7!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review