Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Shot Scope V5 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@unccross - Main Post 

@Bohnson - Main Post 

@Irish-Assassin - Main Post 

@RohanVster - Main Post

Introduction:

First of all I would like to give a huge thank you to the MGS staff and Shotscope for giving me the opportunity to test and review the new Shotscope V5 golf watch.

Who am I?:

intro.jpg.73c73d4049b186fc6d8b891788f370a9.jpg

Hello spies, my name is Jeff Ross. I live in Radford, VA along with my beautiful wife Jill and my 7-year-old son Liam. I am a bingo supply salesman in Virginia and West Virginia. I enjoy spending time traveling with my family, fishing, golf, working out and the outdoors. I'm a die hard UNC Tarheels fan, this where my screenname uncross derives from. I’ve lived in a golf course community for the last 3 years but unfortunately, I have never played the course, but plan on playing it soon, its a beautiful course.

petedye.jpg

I started playing golf when I was in college in the late 90’s. Although I played a lot, I never really improved very much. I just enjoyed playing with my buddies and never took the game too seriously. I gave up about a dozen years or so after getting married and moving back to Southwest Virginia. I started fishing more and more, and really got into bass fishing tournaments for several years. 

coldgolf.jpeg

A few months ago, I decided to take my son on a round of golf with my dad for some quality grandpa time! Liam only made about 7 holes, but in those 7 holes I found the passion for the sport that I hadn’t felt in a long time. I decided to give golf another try. It is also awesome playing with my dad and spending so much more time with him that I probably wouldn’t have gotten the chance to without being together on the course. 

dadandliam.jpg

I recently joined the county club back home and try to play at least once a week. 

Blue Ridge Country Club -

br1.webp

My golf game is definitely a work in progress.  I am currently around a 20 handicap and seem to struggle on most aspects of the game especially putting.

scdata.png

Testing Plans:

I have been using shotscope H4 for a few months now.  I plan to compare how the V5 performs verse the H4 in performance, gps, ease of use and shot tracking.  I will also compare the V5 to a few of the iPhone watch apps that I have tried briefly. 

I am excited about testing an actual  golf watch.  Compared to the H4, I am excited see the full hole maps and distances to doglegs and automatic club tagging. 

Edited by unccross

Jnr

INTRODUCTION 

First off, thanks MGS for the opportunities you provide the golfing community with independent and unbiased testing. Excited to test out the ShotScope V5. I play out of Southwest Ohio and have been golfing for 25 years. I have been playing tournament golf for the last 9 years. I picked up the game after Happy Gilmore and Tiger Woods influenced a hockey playing northern Minnesotan to grip it and rip it. Tournament golf has got me hooked on the game, improving, running tournaments, and all around being a golf junky. I have a few certifications such as SuperSpeed, WHS, and Impact Zone. I took a yearlong Keiser University Associates program in Golf Management during the COVID times. I love the process of preparing, practicing, learning, and testing my game/equipment. I have done some testing for MGS in the past, so it is always a treat to get selected for another test. WITB: Still working with the Taylormade M1 in driver / 3W, Srixon combo set, and a WhiteHot RX putter. I game the Garmin S70 smart watch so it will be an interesting test to compare these two giants in golf tracking. Previously I used a Garmin Fenix, the S62, and prior to that I used Game Golf. I believe if you are not tracking your stats, you are probably missing some easy areas to improve your game.

I want to test this product by comparing it to my gamer, the Garmin S70. I will plan on playing a few holes most nights and a couple of rounds weekly. It will be interesting because the S70 has the extra smart watch features and the V5 is purely a golf watch. I will play some rounds with both watches on. I will offer some pros and cons to each product. The product will stay in the bag if I see a benefit to using the product instead of the Garmin S70. I expect that it will be challenging to move off of the Garmin S70 because it measures wind, slope, etc. I know the V5 is great for tracking club performance and showing clean statistics. The Garmin S70 does some of this if you have the club tracers. What I can tell you is that the ShotScope is a lower cost option for golfers not looking for all of the extras that the Garmin provides. Really this is going to come down to a cost benefit analysis. The Garmin app is not great so I pair the Garmin tracking with DECADE to really analyze my data. The shot tracking tags for the ShotScope are smaller than the Garmin so that seems like a big win off of the bat. I think this will come down to what is the biggest bang for your buck. The Garmin is expensive and provides extras. The ShotScope seems like it will provide some great data, save time, and $$!

Edited by Bohnson
Intro

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Introduction

Thank you Golf Spy and Shot Scope for giving me the opportunity to test the Shot Scope V5. 
My golf journey started back in a time when your golf yardage was done with pacing out from on course markers and hoping that your math skills worked for that shot. 
Born in Ireland moved to England due to family business when I was an infant. 
Now living in Arizona one of golf’s meccas for year round golf. 
Married with two kids, one being an adult living in Colorado he’s an engineer and one in her first year of college.

Ive played this wonderful game for over 40 years, had the honor of working in the golf industry at a course in Colorado where teaching was my absolute pleasure, nothing better than seeing someone give you that look when they hit a ball correctly. 
For the last few years I’ve been using Leopold GX 3l tournament Golf Laser range finder, worked great but died on me so had to resort to phone gps golf app from the USGA. 

image.png

This worked ok for the time being, I was actually in the process of reviewing several options when this test was announced. 
I play to a single digit handicap for fun and in tournaments, I’m always looking for that extra thing that makes the golf game easier and makes me more consistent, my clubs are fitted, my golf balls are tested at a ball testing event at my local golf store and suggest for people to try this, it opens your eyes and gives you the best ball for you game. 
I may be traveling to California and Las Vegas while testing so timing is perfect to see if the courses are loaded, how the Shot Scope works in a few different climates, will try and play in as many weather conditions to see how the Shot Scope performs with the GPS.
This of course is in the hands of Mother Nature. 
Very interested in the Gen 2 science, seeing how accurate the yardages are calculated per club used. 
This watch has so many features which I will review and give my unbiased and honest assessment plus adding the app into the mix and we are talking NASA on the golf course, info is king for me personally so I’m praying this will be my super computer on my wrist. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Congratulations testers. Interested to see how you find this compared to the X5

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

Congrats testers!  I see a whole lotta numbers in our futures.  I love this stuff!

-XY
BALL:  Titleist ProV1X
WOODS: Taylormade Stealth2 +, Callaway Epic Flash 3-wood
4- HYBRID: Stealth 2, stiff
IRONS: Ping i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
WEDGES: Titleist SM9 52, 56, 60
PUTTER: L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick
BAG: Ping Pioneer 
CART: MGI electric

3 hours ago, RohanVster said:

Shot Scope V5 – Official MGS Forum Review by RohanVster

Howzit everyone!👋🏽🤙🏽

I would like to start this introduction by thanking MyGolfSpy, the community and also Shot Scope for making this testing opportunity possible, weekly testers are being given the opportunity to test the latest tec and equipment, without you guys, these tests wouldn’t be possible, so from my family to your, thanks so much.👏🏽

Intro:

Right, my name is Rohan, I’m 36 years old (turning 37 this Saturday) and I’m from sunny South Africa, staying in a mining town called Middelburg, located in the Mpumalanga province which is home to the Kruger National Park and the world famous and magnificent, Leopards Creek Golf Club, where the Alfred Dunhill Championship is played annually.

course-pic3.jpg.06d2ad7f764ff959bc310c72551808fb.jpg

I relocated to Middelburg from a town called Mossel Bay in the Western Province for work, and currently working on a Power Station project as a Commissioning Engineer in the field of Control and Instrumentation. I got married to the most amazing and beautiful woman on God’s green earth last year December and I am so grateful for all her patience and support with me and my addiction for this amazing but sometimes frustrating game we call golf. The background you see in the wedding picture, that's the Kruger National Park 🤩😍

Mona-LizaPhotography_RLsWedding_Ceremony_(33).jpg.4738fdc54501b2af39fd38a71c38de9e.jpgIMG-20230827-WA0004.jpg.76a6b381e1b912c26b8ffe0ec6ecb1c6.jpgIMG-20231114-WA0000.jpg.9dd9837f1ef357d205a7be156bd62b48.jpg

My game:

I started playing golf seriously about 8 years ago, prior to that, it was just a social outing for me and an opportunity to have a few beers with my friends and family. I’m currently playing on a 14HC but pretty sure it will improve as this year progress. Also worth mentioning, I am a cross-handed (cackhanded) golfer so for me it’s almost impossible to get a lesson or to implement YouTube videos on my game, but I am figuring it out as I go along and think I am not doing too bad thus far 😊 I play about once, maybe twice a week depending on my work loads, fortunately for me, I have 6 different course I can choose from in the region. Below you will find a video of my swing on the range using my MEVO.

Back to business - My testing game plan:

Currently I am using the Garmin S62 watch. My plan for this test will be not only to compare the two brand to one another (btw, how many times have you see someone wearing 2 watches, especially on the course LOL🤣) but also to check out the full features which Shot Scope offer like the MyStrategy, Strokes Gained and Tee shot Plotted features available on the Dashboard and App. Using the 16x Gen2 tags will also be handy in getting more in-game yardages, because we all know, you can have more or less an idea from going to the range and using a launch monitor, but when it comes to the course, it’s a different ball game. I will be using a range finder to refence the different yardages for accuracy. . Another interesting test will be to see the accuracy of the international courses loaded on the watch (+36 000 preloaded courses).  I will also be using this as a day to day watch and let you all know how it’s preforming.

I invite and welcome you all along as I test the beautiful watch. 

Welcome and good luck on test - I have the X5 so can say you will not be disappointed on the stats you get from the V5. For me I've found it invaluable, not only to pinpoint my weaknesses to work on, but it shows my strengths; best club or length to leave into greens makes course management simpler.

Will be following along so have fun.

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 3HL Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym Heavenwood Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 4H Project X Hzrdus Silver
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Seven with logo-bjm2.png.b7e1077b096fed17a2870b0f63b7837f.png Kotahi grip
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, :Clicgear: 8.0+

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Congrats to all the lucky testers - the Shot Scope watch is a great piece of kit and the data is 2nd to none.

Have a blast guys.

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 3HL Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym Heavenwood Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 4H Project X Hzrdus Silver
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Seven with logo-bjm2.png.b7e1077b096fed17a2870b0f63b7837f.png Kotahi grip
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, :Clicgear: 8.0+

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

34 minutes ago, EugeGall said:

Welcome and good luck on test - I have the X5 so can say you will not be disappointed on the stats you get from the V5. For me I've found it invaluable, not only to pinpoint my weaknesses to work on, but it shows my strengths; best club or length to leave into greens makes course management simpler.

Will be following along so have fun.

Super excited to get testing, already read through the instruction manual online as well 🤣 

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: Marathon (depending on course and weather)

Shoes : :footjoy-small: Fuel 

Testing : Shot Scope V5

Congratulations to all the testers! Looking forward to reading your reviews!

Driver: Taylormade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) chosen as one of the lucky testers of the Autoflex Dream 7 shaft!!!

Hybrids: Taylomade Qi10 3 & 4 Rescue (Ventus TR  HB Blue 6R)

Irons: Taylormade Qi 5-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0

New Gamer Ball: Taylormade 2024  TP5x 

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

TW-SS-Feature (1).jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@unccross

@Bohnson 

@Irish-Assassin 

@RohanVster

Congrats to the testing team - while I love my Garmin Approach S20, this test will be a great one to follow as the Shot Scope looks to be a potential great upgrade….who knows, can the team convince me (and all the rest of the MGS community) that these are as great as they appear?  Will have to wait and see?  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congrats to all tester! I'm excited for you guys on this 1

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Testers, welcome to the ShotScope Family! I have been with SS since their first V1 introduction to the US - thanks to a MGS story (I can't remember if it was Adam or Tony that did the story waaay back in the day).

You will find their Customer Service is 2nd to none!! Yes, there is a lag of a day - we are 'across the pond' - but they have always responded immediately to every request/concern I've ever submitted.

Yes, I had a brief 'affair' with A*****, but came back to ShotScope when they introduced the X5, the 'big brother' of the V5. Stylish (like my Samsung Gear watch), full of data, becoming solid/stable, and provides all of the data this engineer/golf geek needs.

Enjoy!!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Congratulation’s to the well chosen group of testers. Nice to see a mix of newer and international members. Looking forward to seeing how the Shotscope V5 helps with your game and what you liked best or least about it. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Congrats testers. I love the data I'm getting from Shot Scope but not a big fan of using the app so far. Will be following this closely to see whether I should move to a watch version at some point in the future. Most interested to see how tracking your putting works for you.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Congrats to all the testers! As I have recently purchased the V5, I will be following to see your results and comments on this unit.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Thank you my spy and Shotscope for giving me the opportunity to test the new V5 watch out. I am really looking forward to seeing how the watch performs.  I’ve been using Shotscope (H4) for a few months now and the information from each round has been truly beneficial to my preparation and practice. Can’t wait to see all the features on the new watch!

IMG_5013.png.d16ea30e57280810045b885783fa5deb.png

So far, my favorite things with Shotscope are the club distances, and strokes gained statistics. The club gapping at least gives me a good idea of what club I should be hitting. The numbers on mine are a tad skewed because I play the same course all the time that has several downhill par 3s. 

IMG_5012.jpeg.8df61bb613b945ac74c63c5911491eae.jpeg

The strokes gained statistics has really helped me to know where to practice the most. I would have thought my driving was the worst part of my game, put the numbers show it’s by far my putting!

Jnr