How to add a Picture to a Post

Our Sponsors

Can anyone tell me why some pictures keep posting in the wrong orientation? I have been taking pictures during my round to add to my course review posts but some photos, particularly the ones in portrait orientation keep turning the wrong way. Any way to change this in the editor?

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

Can anyone tell me why some pictures keep posting in the wrong orientation? I have been taking pictures during my round to add to my course review posts but some photos, particularly the ones in portrait orientation keep turning the wrong way. Any way to change this in the editor?

So I'm going to operate under the assumption that you're taking pictures with your phone, plugging it into your computer, pulling the photos off, then uploading to the forum. For some reason, that process brings everything over as landscape so if you're taking vertical photos, you'll get........sideways pics. You can't edit photos in the forum so you have 2 options to fix this:

1) Rotate the pictures in your computer. Open them in the photo editor of choice, rotate, save.

2) Post from your phone directly. The MGS app is pretty robust and only sacrifices a little bit compared to the desktop version.

I'm about 90% mobile so I can tell you I prefer the latter. If you don't feel comfortable typing on your phone, create your post on desktop then edit with your phone and drop the pictures in. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more if neither of these options help.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

• 2 months later...

I've seen this done on many of the forums, but can't do it myself. How do you put pictures between paragraphs?

Example:

Paragraph

Photo

Paragraph

Photo

Paragraph

I don't know if it's just because I use my phone for most of it, or just lack of knowledge. I've used the full site on my phone, but all my pics show up at the bottom.

I appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

FYI,  try to keep them reasonably sized if you can.  They don't need to be a megabyte or more.  If all pics are big, you will run out of space to post more later on.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

FYI, try to keep them reasonably sized if you can. They don't need to be a megabyte or more. If all pics are big, you will run out of space to post more later on.

I believe somewhere Stud recommended resizing to 800 pixels on biggest dimension. It makes the photos load faster without too much loss in quality. Easy to do on a computer, but need an app on a phone.

I normally do big posts (reviews, etc.) On a computer, it's a lot easier to manipulate and move things around.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

I believe somewhere Stud recommended resizing to 800 pixels on biggest dimension. It makes the photos load faster without too much loss in quality. Easy to do on a computer, but need an app on a phone.

I normally do big posts (reviews, etc.) On a computer, it's a lot easier to manipulate and move things around.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I usually do all my photos on my computer, and it's easy to make the photos the correct size.  However, I have used the MGS app to post on a thread when I am away from my computer.  Inside the app there is an icon to take a photo and use it in your post.  What I don't understand is the app uses a photo file size that's way too big... over a megabyte, with no option to resize it.  It needlessly wastes space, and it takes a long time to upload.  I could resize a photo on my phone, then post it, but then I don't need the photo button in the MGS app.  I would like to see the MGS app option to take a photo and attach a smaller file.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 years later...

When I add pictures they show up sideways? How do I rotate them?

Love this game but I never claimed to be good at it 

:ping-small: G-30 driver with Matrix 5X3.1 A flex shaft

:ping-small: G400 3 wood with project X 4.5 A flex

:ping-small: G400 5 wood with Alta CB R flex

:ping-small: G410 4 hybrid with Alta CB R flex

SUB-70 X6E6 5 hybrid with Project X 4.5 

:callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha irons 6-PW with Recoil ZT9 shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX wedges 52-56-60

Never Compromise Dinero Limited putter