Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Injuries do you carry onto the course with you?

mizuno_lover

We all have our niggles, an ache here, a missing limb there the odd paper cut from work.  I personally need both knees replaced and have to wear knee supports when I play golf, I also have purchased a little electric ride on golf buggy to get around the course on.  I had my lower back fused about 5 years ago too.  All these injuries are courtesy of my military service.  Don't get me wrong it was an honour and a privilege to have served my country I just walked out with a few minor probs is all. The worst bit is the hangover the pain meds I have to take leave me with everyday.  Means I'm not quite as sharp mentally as I'd like to be.  Some people who know me say that was always the case but there you go :lol:

What injuries to you endure to play our great game?

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

We all have our niggles, an ache here, a missing limb there the odd paper cut from work.  I personally need both knees replaced and have to wear knee supports when I play golf, I also have purchased a little electric ride on golf buggy to get around the course on.  I had my lower back fused about 5 years ago too.  All these injuries are courtesy of my military service.  Don't get me wrong it was an honour and a privilege to have served my country I just walked out with a few minor probs is all. The worst bit is the hangover the pain meds I have to take leave me with everyday.  Means I'm not quite as sharp mentally as I'd like to be.  Some people who know me say that was always the case but there you go :lol:

What injuries to you endure to play our great game?

First off, thanks for your service.

Second, I currently walk around with a bad right ankle that has morphed into knots in my calf... which have lead to an achilles heel issue. Basically at the end of a round my heel will bother me. 

That and I battle two ongoing cases of tendentious. Both elbows are affected, but it's my left one that suffers the worst. There are some days I can't bend it more than 45 degrees horizontally, both thankfully those have been few and far between as of late. Both will stiffen up and not allow me to fully extend and sometimes will lock up and become inflamed. 

Luckily both aren't that bad and usually I don't have issues unless I'm playing a lot.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Ha ha lets get the excuses in before I play this weekend!

Everyday pain from the sciatica - better since double micro discectomy but it ain't great.

Arthritis in fingers and toes broken playing hockey and cricket, pretty much all of them.

Left wrist in brace to strengthen, broke that years ago.

Left shoulder not right after breaking it skiing years ago.

Cartilage gone in left knee.

In good news my eyes work and my drinking hand is in good order!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I unfortunately have bad knees as well. My left could have had a full replacement years ago but at my age I am not a candidate yet. Does not bother me too much when I am playing but walking the course most days is a challenge.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Some of my best work days were at Vic Barracks in Sydney mizuno!

I have a bad neck/shoulder from my shoulder being dislocated 4 or so times during the course of my career back in Australia. I plays up occasionally but other than that, I'm good.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Had the pleasure of visiting Vic Barracks whilst on a few tasks Matt thankfully never had to do a guard there though.  I'm actually a TPI now the body isn't what it used to be :lol:  Small world though finding another ex digger here on the forums :)

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

I think most folks here are aware I dislocated my left shoulder last summer, which will always have a lingering affect.  Along with that, my biggest "impairment" doesn't affect my swing but with the degree of my hearing loss, I can't hear the siren when the course is closed for approaching storms.  If it's windy, just stand in front of me and yell simple words if you need to tell me something, we won't have a deep conversation if it's windy.

I've got the usual aches and pains of the senior set, along with floaters in my left eye, which cause me to putt from an open stance.

But I'm able to swing and get out to the course when weather permits, so it's all good ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

It would be quicker to list what doesn't ail me!  :)  But ...

Three knee surgeries; one replaced 18 months ago

Arthritis in hands and wrists

Same in lower back; they call it degenerative disc disease

Broken right ankle; right leg shorter than the left

Bunions on feet, but try to walk as much as I can anyway

All this came from too many sports early on.  But probably like all you young whippersnappers, I would do it all over again!!  But I would add learning golf at an early age, instead of middle age.  Maybe I would have had fewer injuries because I might not have played the other sports so much!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thankfully mostly just mental scars from this great game, LOL.  ;)

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I had  surgery in 2004 for a class 3 separation of my left shoulder. I had the "Weaver-Dunn" procedure using synthetic ligaments along with arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. It still aches to this day. I can swing ok, it just bothers me sometimes.

Mizzy, thanks for your service....what branch?

I was in the U.S.Navy.... I have had one Hinguinal Hernia Repair and two more Double Hernia Repairs all due to being too small but didn't back down from a task. The first was on active duty, and the 2nd was at VA Hospital in Lexington KY.. the result of two weeks on a ww2 class destroyer with no elevator. The food was all stored below deck and had to be pushed/carried up the ladders to the Galley for preparation. The 3rd was in 1990 at VA Hospital in Tampa? Now I suffer daily from a bundle of scar tissue and nerve endings all bungled together. Gabapentin and Vicodin daily.

Add to that the tendons on my left ankle have suffered too many sprains and are way too loose so I have a lot of pain from too much lateral movement. For that I must wear an ankle brace that laces up and crisscrosses to provide ankle support.

I also suffer from acute inflammatory arthritis I my fingers....so I wear the Bionic Glove for comforts hill griping the club.

Other than that, I am perfectly healthy.

Oops I forgot to add a shattered left wrist with a steel plate and 13 screws.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Wow lots of great stories on here!

I have three things hampering my golf game right now: Slight tear in right MCL, tendinitis in left wrist, and being fat.

Foz- just dusted off my Fuji finest 1.0 for the first time in a couple years and took her for a mini ride- just under 15 miles in about an hour. Didn't want to push the hamstrings too much too quickly!

Wow lots of great stories on here!

I have three things hampering my golf game right now: Slight tear in right MCL, tendinitis in left wrist, and being fat.

Foz- just dusted off my Fuji finest 1.0 for the first time in a couple years and took her for a mini ride- just under 15 miles in about an hour. Didn't want to push the hamstrings too much too quickly!

I am jealous.....my left wrist injury (shattered in 1998) keeps me from riding anymore. Used to ride competitively ........still have a Falcon (Reynolds 653 tubing) with Campy Chorus Groupo in the garage. When I retire in a 18 months, I plan on reworking her and trying to ride again. I really miss it.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Nothing gets people talking like old injuries can Apprentti.  Foz I was in the Regular Army Corps of Transport and as the Electrical and Mechanical engineers loved to call us I was a "Filthy Steerer".  Trucks, cars, busses, forklifts, land rovers any thing on wheels basically once you qualified on them.

By the way thanks for your thanks.  Doesn't happen over here at all apart from those well deserving brothers and sisters that return from overseas war zones.  I say God Bless all veterans no matter what, where, or when their service!

My Bag

Thanks to everyone for their service to their Nation regardless of the Country or branch.

My injuries are the sort that any man approaching 60 might have. A ruptured disc lifting weights in High School will act up now and again. Arthritis in the hands, torn ligaments in both ankles and sore knees from catching through college that enable me to tell the weather nearly as accurately as SpOrtsfan, that sort of stuff.

All of that acts up now and again but frankly the biggest impediment to my game is the twenty extra pounds around the belly and that's totally self inflicted. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had the pleasure of visiting Vic Barracks whilst on a few tasks Matt thankfully never had to do a guard there though.  I'm actually a TPI now the body isn't what it used to be :lol:  Small world though finding another ex digger here on the forums :)

Not a digger mate....and I did do guard there, amongst other things.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Oh? Do tell what other things?  Were you a spook? Or an MP?

My Bag

I have a misaligned vertebrae and arthritis in my lower back, exacerbated by scar tissue from a failed surgery.  Causes sciatic and neuropathy down my left leg.  Fortunately, the neurostimulator I had surgically installed in early April really worked.  95% relief!  Used to gobble tablespoons of ibuprofen during and after a round, plus some tramadol.  Now, a couple of tablets and some ice after a round is all I need.  Can even do two days in a row, which I haven't been able to do for many years.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Oh? Do tell what other things?  Were you a spook? Or an MP?

Worked behind building one downstairs. Also worked on the gates when they contracted it out.

In the bag:

Bag: 

My aches and pains is pretty much just my lower back, it's bothered me for the better part of 4 years now, but it's not so bad that I can't play, some days it's hurts more than others, but in general it just aches.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Ok, the wrist has gone good and proper. Tried to protect it on Friday in a match - went badly, hit a clean shank with a 5 iron and screamed! Best bit was my partner declaring it lost and then hitting our second ball to inches for a 4 - the oppo were so shocked we won the hole!

Anyway the oppo included a Dr, who took a look at my wrist and called tendonitis straight off the bat.

So it's Rest, Ice, Compression, painkillers etc for me. Hope it improves or it's an early end to the season......just wondering if I can link it back to hitting that wall the other week....

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I have had eight surgeries on my right knee and two on my left, a left shoulder surgery, left ulnar nerve entrapment, and I still deal with post concussion syndrome from time to time. I should have switched to golf from hockey a lot sooner than I did.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Bulging disk in my lower back, gets really tight by the 15th hole or so. I just need to do some yoga or something. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

I've had three leg operations on my left leg. Repaired ACL and meniscus. Microfracture to attempt to create fake-ass cartlidge from where I sheered of a quarter sized piece off my femur. Achilles tendon repair after a complete rupture. All from basketball, all done while dunking. You think I'd learn.

On the golf course I get some real pain in my left knee at times, particularly if I have to muscle something out of the weeds. But, with good pre-game stretching I'm good to go. I suspect it'll get far worse when I get in my 40s. I've stopped playing basketball almost entirely in hopes of staving off knee replacement.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Zero. Zip, notta. Life's good at 60.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Half ya luck Plaid Jacket all that clean living has paid off.

My Bag

One of my golf buddies just got the MRI results yesterday that he needs rotator cup surgery. One of the muscles is detached. So I guess he will be out of golf for at least 6 months?

Rotator cuff is serious stuff Foz, I'd say at least six months but at the end of the day it's all about rehab and healing.

My Bag

Archived