Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

your funniest moment on the course

Har in the Hat

Took my 12 yo out today. Golfing with another 2 some. my son and the other hit their balls and both landed side by side.

I asked my son which ball was his.

he says" The white one"

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

I've got a few: the first involves my two best golfing buddies. We were out at our usual course and walking. I hooked a drive into a dried up river bed that may have been 3-5 foot wide. The bed was solid on top so I stepped in not even thinking about it. I found out quickly just because it's totally dry on top, doesn't mean it's quicksand underneath. My entire leg from hip down went straight into the muck and I had to be pulled out literally or I would have been completely stuck. When I got out I had a solid coating of mud straight down and two holes to play. We ended on 9, and then the battle began of who would take me home. I took off my shorts to at least somewhat keep his seat clean, and called my roommate to get a me a towel so I could at least walk into my dorm without being covered in mud in my underwear and socks. He sees this and runs away with the towel until my friend had enough of me covered in mud in his car.

Years later at my home course in NJ I was down to my last ball. I hit one directly in the center of a dried up lake they had drained. You can guess where this is going. I ignored the signs got about 5 or 6 steps in before I went down to nearly hip level. My ball was never recovered. I walked off the course and washed myself off before getting in my car.

Last one was with the same crew as the first one. I hit a terrible 3 iron and had gotten sick of missing shots all day so I sacrificed it to the golf gods. My buddy turns around and goes what the heck as he sees me carrying the 3 iron in two pieces to the garbage. Some times a silent death is a funny one.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Several years ago, my wife and I were playing with our best golfing buddy (actually the best man at our wedding) on Saturday evening at my old course.  His wife had left town for a weekend "with the girls" and he started drinking whiskey and coke early that day.  We actually have a 6-some playing together because there was no one else on the course.  He was doing OK and actually hit a decent tee shot on the par 4 #5 hole, but when he tried to hit his second shot... he couldn't!  He took at least 15 swings at the ball, but wasn't even close to hitting it; actually he never even hit the ground.  It didn't help that we were all laughing after every swing.  He finally hit it, and even managed to play into #9.  We took him home.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Several years ago, my wife and I were playing with our best golfing buddy (actually the best man at our wedding) on Saturday evening at my old course.  His wife had left town for a weekend "with the girls" and he started drinking whiskey and coke early that day.  We actually have a 6-some playing together because there was no one else on the course.  He was doing OK and actually hit a decent tee shot on the par 4 #5 hole, but when he tried to hit his second shot... he couldn't!  He took at least 15 swings at the ball, but wasn't even close to hitting it; actually he never even hit the ground.  It didn't help that we were all laughing after every swing.  He finally hit it, and even managed to play into #9.  We took him home.

Lol man that's bad. I've played drunk and hammered off my gourd before, but I can at least put a semi decent swing on the ball. But that level of drunk is legendary, and he should be reminded every time he hits a bad shot that at least he hit the ball this time.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Lol man that's bad. I've played drunk and hammered off my gourd before, but I can at least put a semi decent swing on the ball. But that level of drunk is legendary, and he should be reminded every time he hits a bad shot that at least he hit the ball this time.

What's funny is that he remembers it, and laughs every time we bring it up.  He also can't wait until his wife goes on another trip!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived