adidas announces adizero One Golf Shoe

• SPY VIP

adizero2-1.PNG

It's a somewhat busy Monday at TaylorMade-adidas (and I can promise you that you'll want to check the forum a little later today for more). The announcement of the Tour Preferred Series (as well as what it means for TaylorMade's bigger picture) was posted on the main site this AM, and only just moments ago, the press release on the new adizero one (conceptually, it's adizero 2.0) found its way into my inbox.

adizero one-12.jpg

Here's hoping samples arrive quickly enough as I'd be lying if I said that anything other than the adizero was the shoe I was most looking forward to seeing and trying.

NEVER MIND. FedEx dropped off the media kit around 10:00 this morning.

I saw a prototype of the adizero one when I visited TaylorMade-adidas HQ back in August. Not surprisingly, the PR team wouldn't let me take any photos, but the final version doesn't look much different than what I saw a few months ago.

adizero one-5.jpg

While the defining feature of the shoe should prove to be the 7th, center-placed spike (adidas Golf calls it CenTraXion™), from toe to heel it's a very interesting design.

The adizero one weighs less than 10 ounces, and is actually lighter, and according to adidas, more stable than the original

adizero one-6.jpg

Even more so than the original, the new adizero one looks more soccer boot than golf shoe, and that design, coupled with the lightweight materials that make up the upper will most definitely leave it with an aesthetic that won't appeal to everyone.

adidas isn't under an illusions that the adizero one is a shoe that's going to appeal to every golfer. It's polarizing. They know it, and they're good with it.

Retail price for the new model is $180. Women's and spikeless designs are also part of the collection and will retail for between $110 and $130.

The Media Kit Has Arrived:

Full Press Release Below the Pictures.

adizero one-1.jpg

adizero one-2.jpg

adizero one-3.jpg

adizero one-4.jpg

adizero one-7.jpg

adizero one-9.jpg

adizero one-8.jpg

adizero one-10.jpg

adizero one-11.jpg

adizero2-2.PNG

adizero2-3.PNG

adizero2-4.PNG

adizero2-5.PNG

adidas Golf Introduces Next Generation of adizero Golf Footwear

2014 Collection Highlighted by adizero one, Weighing Less than 10 Ounces

Carlsbad, CALIF. (January 6, 2014) – adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear, has announced the release of the next generation of adizero golf footwear, highlighted by the radically new adizero one.

To sustain the astounding success realized by adizero Tour in 2013, adidas Golf designers were challenged with taking the next step in the evolution of the franchise; to develop a lighter shoe that pushed innovation to the next level while delivering maximum performance and tour-level traction. The result is adizero one, a visually appealing design that tips the scales at less than 10 ounces, 10% lighter than the adizero Tour. With adizero one, adidas Golf has taken adizero footwear to a new level of light, delivering more stability than ever before in the lightest cleated performance golf shoe the company has ever created.

image013.jpg

“When I first saw the adizero one, I couldn’t wait to get them on my feet,” said Jason Day, adidas Golf tour staff professional since 2006. “With the low profile design, I can really feel the ground beneath my feet and the power generated from my swing is definitely noticeable. I’m excited to wear these on tour.”

While traditional golf shoe construction requires the stitching of multiple layers, adidas golf designers pushed the limits of engineering to create a new, ultra-light one-piece fused upper that bonds together five layers to deliver a consistent glove-like fit on the foot.

image015.jpg

To further reduce weight while increasing stability, a lighter and thinner seven-cleat performance outsole (formerly 10 in the adizero Tour) was developed which measures 20% wider than adizero Tour. For superior on-course performance, designers combined valuable tour player feedback with biomechanical analysis to strategically locate the seven cleats, highlighted by a revolutionary and proprietary center cleat utilizing CenTraXion™ technology to provide ultimate grip while maintaining superlative stability throughout the swing.

“We’re constantly looking to test the boundaries of engineering to design and develop equipment that helps golfers perform at their peak,” said Masun Denison, Director, Global Product Marketing, Footwear at adidas Golf. “adizero one is a perfect example of our relentless pursuit of innovation to consistently create the best-performing footwear in golf.”

Available January 23, adizero one will be available in four colorways at launch and three additional colorways on May 1 at an MSRP of $180 USD.

For women, adidas Golf has designed the adizero Tour II, utilizing many of the same design and fabrication elements as the adizero one in a streamlined, six-spike configuration with thintech low-profile technology to improve traction and stability. Available January 23, the women’s adizero Tour II is available in three colorways at an MSRP of $120 USD.

Also available for both men and women on January 23 is adizero sport II, made with ultra-lightweight performance mesh upper now featuring proprietary climaproof protection and a two-year waterproof warranty. The shoe also features a new SPRINTFRAME outsole with spikeless puremotion technology for enhanced flexibility and comfort with swing plane traction for increased grip and stability. adizero sport II is available in five colorways for men at an MSRP of $130 USD and six colorways for women at an MSRP of $110 USD.

For more information or to view the entire adizero footwear collection, visit adidasgolf.com.

#adizeroone

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

I just bought an adizero because it was on clearance for $40. Very light shoe and should be nice to try out. The outside feels cheap to me though, so I don't think I would buy them had the price not been so sweet.

Can you quantify what it means to feel cheap?

I think that many of us are accustomed to shoes feeling a certain way (more or less like leather), so anything that feels discernibly different (like a lightweight synthetic) for whatever reason, is assumed to be off lesser quality.

I can be almost certain of this...guys who think the original adizero feels cheap won't think much of the new ones. The definitely have plasticy/rubbery feel to them. 

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Can you quantify what it means to feel cheap?

I think that many of us are accustomed to shoes feeling a certain way (more or less like leather), so anything that feels discernibly different (like a lightweight synthetic) for whatever reason, is assumed to be off lesser quality.

I can be almost certain of this...guys who think the original adizero feels cheap won't think much of the new ones. The definitely have plasticy/rubbery feel to them. 

I think you just answered yourself. The plastic/rubbery look and feel. For comparison, I usually wear Ecco shoes, that feel really nice.

I can't play 18 right now, so I can't speak of the comfort. The adizero are really really light though. I bought them for days where I don't want to wear my nicer shoes since they seem easier to clean.

I did the same $40 original Adizero deal and I'm excited for them.  I'm curious if the new ones fit as snugly as the originals do.  I don't normally have to wear a wide shoe, but I did with the originals.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I did the same $40 original Adizero deal and I'm excited for them.  I'm curious if the new ones fit as snugly as the originals do.  I don't normally have to wear a wide shoe, but I did with the originals.

I have pretty thin feet and the Trues feel like boats to me. The Adizero fit nicely and are comfortable. I don't think I'll have any complaints there.

• SPY VIP

I normally take a wide but didn't have any issues with last year's adizeros. I ended up with 2 pair. The 2nd I wore for 1 round of golf in a cart. Put them on last week for the driver test and they felt like slippers. Find the right fit, and they break in super fast.

Great shoe, but definitely not everyone's taste.

I normally take a wide but didn't have any issues with last year's adizeros. I ended up with 2 pair. The 2nd I wore for 1 round of golf in a cart. Put them on last week for the driver test and they felt like slippers. Find the right fit, and they break in super fast.

Great shoe, but definitely not everyone's taste.

I have a few months before I'll get to try them out, but they felt comfortable enough in the store.  Usually wear a 10.5 regular, but went to an 11 wide with the originals.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

FWIW, Running shoes cost more per mile by a massive margin.  Brooks PureDrift 2.0's at $119 per pair, good for about 200 miles or 6 months.  Lightweight, means non-leather, and lighter soles.  Those change the mass we associate with 'well made', so keep that in mind.  

Then go pick up a pair of Ecco spike-less and put a pair of TrueLinkswear Sensei's in the other hand.  The Ecco is 2x the price, but is it 2x the quality?

Sometimes we have to put our snap assumptions on hold which these modern materials.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

FWIW, Running shoes cost more per mile by a massive margin.  Brooks PureDrift 2.0's at $119 per pair, good for about 200 miles or 6 months.  Lightweight, means non-leather, and lighter soles.  Those change the mass we associate with 'well made', so keep that in mind.  

Then go pick up a pair of Ecco spike-less and put a pair of TrueLinkswear Sensei's in the other hand.  The Ecco is 2x the price, but is it 2x the quality?

Sometimes we have to put our snap assumptions on hold which these modern materials.

Another pair of shoes I bought for $40 were Ecco Street. I never pay retail :)

Trues on the other hand, I got a good deal on, but immediately returned because of the fit. I wasn't a big fan of the quality either. The adizero look like they use cheap material, but the seems are smooth, whereas the Trues weren't.

Archived