What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

2 hours ago, Vince Lake said:

Hey Spy bots 😎
It’s a rarity that I buy /change equipment ! Recently I pulled the trigger on a new set of irons , ( my JPX900 forged weren’t cutting it ) . Yes, I researched tons of clubs & it came down to Two . Sirixon ZX5’s and the new 480 TC forged irons by New Level Golf. I actually hit the ZX5’s and loved them , but there was something intriguing about the 480 TC’s 🤷🏻‍♂️. After researching their site & Shaft recommendations, I actually ordered a set of golf clubs that I have never hit… (what ???) I know, Right ? 😂 .  I’m 70 & still fairly long , so I ended up with the following. $-Taper KBS (R+) 115 grams , 1/2” longer 4-PW. As it turns out , this company and their clubs are the real deal . Surprisingly these may be the best irons I’ve ever hit & for a lot less $$$ than the Sirixon’s. Prefect example of why you should buy from a small American boutique company ,?customer service was exceptional !

Thanks New Level Golf 

Vince Lake

Wild Quail C.C. 

Edited by Vince Lake

Vince Lake

On 9/20/2024 at 6:17 AM, Dan1993 said:

Picked up a few more accessories and odds and ends for the bag last night!

Driver and Hybrid Cover

image.png.7f440df12fefea44eaa666cb2951d2b6.png image.png.49949e4c5d8b30887d8ffcf08374ba19.png

Blue Tees Magnetic towel

image.png.260392ba3799cd167eeebc72f0be2ad0.png

And a case of lake fodder

image.png.65f6d65345f887bad848b882ba9ed4e1.pngBUT! What really grinds my gears! Purchase a 600$ driver from Callaway, and you don't get a wrench to go with it! WTH!! So had to pick one of those up as well

image.png.f5ec134112040fdb26a4a63f0d6fcd56.png

No one gives out the wrenches with every club now a days. That basically died during covid. Most manufacturers figured you probably already had one. Also with the supply chain issues, that was the first thing that was cut because there weren't enough to go around for all the clubs. It's also cheaper not to give one. Titliest still gives one with a new driver and some companies still send one for online purchases only.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

20 hours ago, GolfinWdbry said:

Sweet. Very happy with this. 

125095ab-337c-466c-81d0-6a3087fcffd5.jpg

729d5c9a-6abd-448e-a78a-bc85fadeaa56.jpg

88889736-aa03-445b-9082-f28247fd5eea.jpg

Sweet! Mine is due to arrive today. Looking forward to seeing how it looks and fits my Scotty. From the pics it looks well made and good quality.

2024 WITB:

Driver::callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 Max 9* (@8*) w. Denali 60g 6.5

FW woods: :titleist-small:TSR2+ 13* '2W' w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X & TSR2 21* 7W w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

Hybrid: :taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. Project X Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

Irons: :taylormade-small: 5i-PW: '17 P790 w. KBS Tour C-Taper Lite 115X (Currently Testing: :taylormade-small: 4i-PW: 2024 P770 w. Project X T Rifle 6.0 (+1/4"))

Wedges: :taylormade-small: 50/09 MG4; 56/12 MG4TW Raw; :vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X7

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x //  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour // Maxfli Tour X

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder;  :Ogio: Woode Hybrid Stand Bag; :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

2024 Tests:

"...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!"- Eric Idle

10 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Replying to @Lefty11 and updating on the Cleveland Frontline Elite 1.0 putter, after two rounds this weekend.

Recall I added 20g of weight and a new Garsen Max grip before gaming the putter.  I don't know how much difference that all makes, but putting was lights out with the 1.0.  Distance control was much easier to manage than what I had been experiencing with my prior putter.  In two rounds, I had no three putts and several one putts.  I also used the putter about four times from off the green and over hilly false fronts, and all finished close enough to the hole to easily make the next (first?) putt.  The greens at my home course are notoriously tricky, and I had my best two putting days ever on this course with the Cleveland.  Yes, it may be a honeymoon phase, but I am very, very pleased with initial results.

I found the face soft but not crazy soft - not Odyssey insert soft.  It provided excellent feedback; I knew if I hit center or toe.  (No heel shots yet.)  

I describe the sound as a dull click.  I asked my playing partner, and without hesitation or any suggestion from me he called it a dull knock. 

I am a fan.  And the price is certainly right compared to other higher end putters.

@IndyBonzo great to hear the putter is working out for you!  I always hit a few putts with the Clevelands in my local shop.  I’ve been looking at the retreve and HB soft milled 11.  I agree with you that the price is excellent. 

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

@Off Map OscarHow are you enjoying the new wedge? I like how the grooves  fill the entire face of the wedge. 

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

20 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

@Off Map OscarHow are you enjoying the new wedge? I like how the grooves  fill the entire face of the wedge. 

I've only hit it.on the sim a few times ans swapped the grip. It only arrived this afternoon.  I plan to get some actual data with it tomorrow to ensure I hit it the same distance as my TM 50

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

4 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

I've only hit it.on the sim a few times ans swapped the grip. It only arrived this afternoon.  I plan to get some actual data with it tomorrow to ensure I hit it the same distance as my TM 50

Keep me updated.  Thanks and good luck!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

Ping G430 LST fairway (head only).  Let's see if it can stop the hooks I'm hitting with the Max head.  

Edited by Braehead

Driver: Ping G430LST, Kaili White S

3 Wood: Ping G430Max, Alta Stiff

3H: Callaway Paradym, Tour AD-DI 8S

4&5H: Callaway Apex Pro, Tour AD-DI 8S

6-PW: Taylormade P770 ('23 model), KBS Tour Lite S

50/54/60: Vokey SM9, KBS Tour Lite S 

Putter: Toulon Atlanta with KBS OneStep shaft

Ball: ProV1x (or Wilson Staff Model X)

5 hours ago, johnsomp said:

Used by points at DSG/GG to get a bunch of new grips for the winter grip change.  

That is unless I end up getting fit again and switching to a new iron set....

possible dilemma.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

8 hours ago, Braehead said:

Ping G430 LST fairway (head only).  Let's see if it can stop the hooks I'm hitting with the Max head.  

Should go straighter and further. The new g440 will have an LST in both 3w & 5w.

:ping-small:G430 Max 10k 9°

:cleveland-small:3+ Hy-wood 17°

:cleveland-small:4+ Hy-wood 20°

:ping-small:4 Hybrid 22°

:srixon-small:Zx5 mkII 5i-P

:cleveland-small:CBX 48°, CBX FF 53° & 58°

:cleveland-small:Frontline Elevado 

:srixon-small:Z-Star

1 hour ago, braincramp said:

Figured i should post a few pics

image.png.765b02ce278e38b7aa69277077f7362a.png

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C

23 hours ago, Braehead said:

IMG_0004.jpeg.c8c4be690ce44e282b307ee1cc1411a8.jpegIMG_0003.jpeg.ca324ed41810b2978edd1319f38648ae.jpegIt certainly suits my eye better - let's hope it suits my swing too 🤣

Driver: Ping G430LST, Kaili White S

3 Wood: Ping G430Max, Alta Stiff

3H: Callaway Paradym, Tour AD-DI 8S

4&5H: Callaway Apex Pro, Tour AD-DI 8S

6-PW: Taylormade P770 ('23 model), KBS Tour Lite S

50/54/60: Vokey SM9, KBS Tour Lite S 

Putter: Toulon Atlanta with KBS OneStep shaft

Ball: ProV1x (or Wilson Staff Model X)