College Football

fozcycle

WR Kekoa Crawford impressed me, and the D-line lived up to the hype, but Michigan's linebackers were really great. Devin Bush was a monster.

This defense is way better than last years. More speed, lots of guys to the ball, just a really dynamic defense.

I've been a Michigan fan my whole life and I was never under any delusions that Michigan or even Big 10 football in general was as good as the SEC. The SEC is just on another level talent-wise.

But, Michigan is getting closer to being on the same level as Alabama. Maybe not yet, but they are close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With Ohio State winning that national championship a few years ago more talent is going to the big 10. The big 10 is getting better and better talent you are right the SEC is on a different level but there are other divions coming out with more skill and making it more fun. Look at Penn State we get Barkley as a beast running back and now more high profile kids are deciding to go there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

With Ohio State winning that national championship a few years ago more talent is going to the big 10. The big 10 is getting better and better talent you are right the SEC is on a different level but there are other divions coming out with more skill and making it more fun. Look at Penn State we get Barkley as a beast running back and now more high profile kids are deciding to go there.

Yeah, these BIG 10 schools are finally recruiting and getting players from Florida to come play up north. SEC talent coming to the BIG 10. I love it.

The BIG 10 has been Bo Schembeckler-Woody Hayes grind em, hard-nosed football for years. Now, more skill and better offenses are in the BIG 10. Much more fun to watch.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

WR Kekoa Crawford impressed me, and the D-line lived up to the hype, but Michigan's linebackers were really great. Devin Bush was a monster.

This defense is way better than last years. More speed, lots of guys to the ball, just a really dynamic defense.

I've been a Michigan fan my whole life and I was never under any delusions that Michigan or even Big 10 football in general was as good as the SEC. The SEC is just on another level talent-wise.

Not impressed with the passing game, or the offense in general really. I expected some explosive plays with Evans, but he line couldnt hold for .3 seconds to let him through. Issac will be the battering ram.

Defense is going to be maddening for a lot of teams... if the offense can give 65% of what the defense does... hang on tight.

You do know that Michigan has a 14-7 record against SEC teams? 2 of those to Alabama, and 3 came during the Choke/Joke Era. (Hoke)

Going to be a good year.

The media made the SEC "good", just like marketing makes everyone think they need GI irons. I could go on for days about this, but Saban is a mastermind. If you are calling SEC Bama, then yes they are on a different level.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

Not impressed with the passing game, or the offense in general really. I expected some explosive plays with Evans, but he line couldnt hold for .3 seconds to let him through. Issac will be the battering ram.

Defense is going to be maddening for a lot of teams... if the offense can give 65% of what the defense does... hang on tight.

You do know that Michigan has a 14-7 record against SEC teams? 2 of those to Alabama, and 3 came during the Choke/Joke Era. (Hoke)

Going to be a good year.

The media made the SEC "good", just like marketing makes everyone think they need GI irons. I could go on for days about this, but Saban is a mastermind. If you are calling SEC Bama, then yes they are on a different level.

- A.S.

Sent from #nothingfeelslikeamizuno dreamland...

No, recruiting made the SEC good. Football talent coming out of the state of Florida is unmatched. All the Texas boys will spout off how great the talent is in their state, but while Texas might have $75M high school football stadiums, their players are no match for Florida kids level of play.

Plus, how do you explain the SEC winning 7 consecutive National Championships from 2007-2013? They were and still are the dominant force of college football. Add in ACC teams Clemson and Florida State and you have a team from the South winning 10 of the last 11 National Championships. Only team North of the state of South Carolina to win a National Championship in that time, Ohio State.

And the reigning Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson of Louisville is from, you guessed it, Florida.

Michigan is actually 25-11-1 all-time against current SEC teams dating back to 1905. And yes, they've beat Bama before but recent history against the SEC, other then Florida, has been a disaster.

1/1/2008 #9 Florida W 41-35 Capital One Bowl

1/1/2011 #21 Mississippi State L 14-52 Gator Bowl

9/1/2012 #2 Alabama L 14-41 Cowboys Classic

1/1/2013 #11 South Carolina L 28-33 Outback Bowl

1/1/2016 #19 Florida W 41-7 Citrus Bowl

9/2/2017 #17 Florida W 33-17

Michigan is trending up which is good for the College Football Playoff. The powers that be would love to have some powerhouse teams outside of the southeastern United States to generate more interest nationally.

The defense is better than last years. They have 4 very good running backs. The receiving core is young but looks very promising. The only problem this team has is a very average QB. O'Korn or Brandon Peters might be starting by week 3 if Speight keeps over-throwing every receiver.

I get it. You love Michigan. I have been a Michigan fan as well since the early 80's, but they still aren't at the level of SEC play yet. Close, but still a ways to go.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

They just beat the reigning east champs. With a "gutted" roster. If they were as good as marketed their 10 players suspended shouldn't have mattered.

And the recent history was with Hoke, anything that happened during that nightmare should just be removed from history. Him and Rich Rod.

Are we talking kids "actually from Florida" or playing football there?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

UGA looked strong on Saturday, but we will see how strong we are next week against Notre Dame.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yep and will the freshman QB Fromm be back on the field.  He looked pretty darn impressive when Eason went down with the knee injury.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

UGA looked strong on Saturday, but we will see how strong we are next week against Notre Dame.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

please beat ND!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

They just beat the reigning east champs. With a "gutted" roster. If they were as good as marketed their 10 players suspended shouldn't have mattered.

And the recent history was with Hoke, anything that happened during that nightmare should just be removed from history. Him and Rich Rod.

Are we talking kids "actually from Florida" or playing football there?

You are greatly overestimating the Florida Gators. Yes they won the SEC East last year but got smoked by Bama 56-14 in the SEC Championship game and finished the year 9-4. Not even close to the level of Alabama. They were unstoppable during the Tebow years but haven't had any QB consistency since.

When I mention kids from Florida Im talking kids that grew up and played high school football in the state.

Michigan's most dynamic player with 7 tackles including two sacks in the win over the Gators? Devin Bush, from Pembroke Pines, FLA.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

As I said, I am a Michigan fan, but that 1997 National Championship team would have not have beaten Nebraska.

WITB:

Rife Legend Z Putter

I wasn't over estimating anything. They "were" a top 25 team...

I see what you are saying, but Florida was supposed to be fast. They looked slow to me.

And I have no doubt that the 97' Wolverines would have smoked Nebraska, but it is one of those things we will never know.

Lol....The College football season (and threads) seem to have a way of bringing out the most spirited of emotions and conversations...DawgDaddy,  OG and TBT...know of what I speak..Ha

As for my fandom, I first began to notice sports while in grade school in CA, with a dad who was a professor at USC (the real one...sorry my Carolina friends), spent my high school years 50 miles down the road from Ohio State and would have gone there, had said father not insisted i was going to school at USC or I was paying on my own.   Restarted my education and spent most of my 20's in North Carolina and fell madly in love with a Tar Heel Co-ed.  Who not eventually broke my heart but not my love of Carolina.   Not many better places to spend a fall afternoon than in beautiful Chapel Hill.   With the Carolina Blue sky shining brightly above you.

Then moved to the DMV and swore hatred for all things UMD which fans seems to think they were North Carolina and Dukes rival.  Now find myself covering said Terps and other local teams on a part time basis.

So I guess you can say I'm a fan of many teams, but in a non-exclusive way.  

Did you guys see the video of the fight that broke out at the Alabama vs FSU game?  I've never understood why they set up the seats where you have fans from both sides sitting together.  It can get out of hand real quick when you have hot heads in the mix.

Cleveland

Look at the ACC getting whooped by the SEC right now. FSU looks like nothing right now that QB is not playing well and is not making good choices.

Yes, but the ACC will improve due to expansion, after all, Indiana is now an Atlantic coast state.  

Did you guys see the video of the fight that broke out at the Alabama vs FSU game?  I've never understood why they set up the seats where you have fans from both sides sitting together.  It can get out of hand real quick when you have hot heads in the mix.

A very similar incident happened at FedEx Field when a group of a 8 to 10 WVU fans and a similarly sized group of VT fans began a melee.  Someone I know was involved and ended up with 6 broken bones in his face.  Don't let that persuade you to feel sorry for him though.  He bragged on social media for a week leading up to the game about how he was going in looking for a fight.

My wife and I were season ticket holders in Blacksburg for about a decade.  It became an habitual occurrence we couldn't justify allowing our children to witness.  We stopped going in 2011.  I go to a handful of minor league baseball games every year.  Other than that, I don't attend sporting events anymore for this very reason.

Stupid is as stupid does!

Did you guys see the video of the fight that broke out at the Alabama vs FSU game? I've never understood why they set up the seats where you have fans from both sides sitting together. It can get out of hand real quick when you have hot heads in the mix.

https://twitter.com/wsbtv/status/905419061240053760

Unfortunately it happens too often.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

For the life of me, I will never be able to understand how someone would let a football game affect them in such a manner.  Come on, it's only a football game, get a life.   I would suggest that perhaps it could be excessive consumption of alcohol, but then during my college tenure, we did our share of consumption but such did not happen.   Football games were an excuse to party (not that we really needed one) and we shared with anyone wanting to party. 

For the life of me, I will never be able to understand how someone would let a football game affect them in such a manner. Come on, it's only a football game, get a life. I would suggest that perhaps it could be excessive consumption of alcohol, but then during my college tenure, we did our share of consumption but such did not happen. Football games were an excuse to party (not that we really needed one) and we shared with anyone wanting to party.

Some folks take their football too seriously and then all of their sense disappears. Some get liquored up and wake up the next day with a busted head or worse.

Cleveland

Some folks take their football too seriously and then all of their sense disappears. Some get liquored up and wake up the next day with a busted head or worse.

That's one good thing about our rural country roots.   At an early age, we learned how to handle our liquor, especially the home made.   As a youngster there wasn't anything that couldn't be cured by whiskey and honey.  I've been told that I was a sickly child.

That's one good think about our rural country roots.   At an early age, we learned how to handle our liquor, especially the home made.   As a youngster there wasn't anything that couldn't be cured by whiskey and honey.  I've been told that I was a sickly child.

Sounds like our childhoods were very similar.  I grew up in rural town in southwest Virginia with a population of less than 600.  My grandpa made homemade liquor and we didn't know what a pharmacy was. 

At my 8th birthday party, my cousin and I covertly took a peach from the "pickle jar" we weren't allowed to touch.  We both passed out drunk and the story has sprouted wings in the 35 years since.  Fun times!

But like you, I don't recall ever having to deal with these types of anger issues and violence. 

Sounds like our childhoods were very similar.  I grew up in rural town in southwest Virginia with a population of less than 600.  My grandpa made homemade liquor and we didn't know what a pharmacy was. 

At my 8th birthday party, my cousin and I covertly took a peach from the "pickle jar" we weren't allowed to touch.  We both passed out drunk and the story has sprouted wings in the 35 years since.  Fun times!

But like you, I don't recall ever having to deal with these types of anger issues and violence. 

Yes, it does seem that we have similar childhoods for which we both should be grateful for our down home country roots.   Heck, I'm a Wahoo and you a Hokie and as such we will exchange harmless trash talk because its fun.   But it would never enter our minds to promote or participate in physical violence.  There is something wrong, something very very wrong with those that would.   Needless to say, if we were ever to met at a game or any other venue, you are more than welcome to share any beverages that I have available and have a good time.  As a Wahoo, I learned to civilly accept defeat on the football field, tap a keg, and just have a good time.

I don't see the dominance of the SEC. Alabama is it. In years past they did, but now, after Alabama they don't have anyone, occasiaonally LSU, and used to be Florida, the SEC as a whole right now is average at best. I think the overall college football parity is getting closer, better recruiting, and better coaching in some of the other conferences has helped, but I think some of it is that the players would rather go somewhere and play instead of sitting on the bench in the SEC for 3 years.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I don't see the dominance of the SEC. Alabama is it. In years past they did, but now, after Alabama they don't have anyone, occasiaonally LSU, and used to be Florida, the SEC as a whole right now is average at best. I think the overall college football parity is getting closer, better recruiting, and better coaching in some of the other conferences has helped, but I think some of it is that the players would rather go somewhere and play instead of sitting on the bench in the SEC for 3 years.

Not sure I agree with ya.

I think the opening week must of the sec teams did pretty well against other conferences, I'd have to go back and look at the W's but I think they took care of business.

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

For the life of me, I will never be able to understand how someone would let a football game affect them in such a manner. Come on, it's only a football game, get a life. I would suggest that perhaps it could be excessive consumption of alcohol, but then during my college tenure, we did our share of consumption but such did not happen. Football games were an excuse to party (not that we really needed one) and we shared with anyone wanting to party.

Or a basketball game right. HA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just saying don't overlook Georgia this year. I think the game this weekend at Notre Dame will be a good indicator

Cleveland