Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Edel Putters

I went to the facility outside of Austin and I gotta say, the experience was an eye opener. Listening to David Edel and Rob Gallagher speak it's clear their fitting system is the living culmination of a lot of experience, study and thought. I went in with an open mind, no preconceived notions and a lot of questions, and learned an awful lot about how the system was developed and why they feel it works. As a result I have a putter I'm 100% confident in.

The facility itself - I love it. It's a machine shop and people work there. It ain't fancy, but then again, neither am I. Made an old plumber feel right at home, and everyone I met there was the kind of friendly you just can't fake. Was it fancy? Nope. If you're looking to get pampered, you'd be better off at a spa.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I love HQ in Liberty Hill and David Edel has incredible knowledge. Such an amazing experience.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love HQ in Liberty Hill and David Edel has incredible knowledge. Such an amazing experience.

What I really respect about David is his curiosity - he wants to know the why about everything he's involved with down to the smallest detail. And all that experience is continually funneled in to the fitting system.

And he's a unique individual. Was talking with him at his booth st the PGA show last year when his phone rang. He talked for a minute and then hung up. "You want to meet Robbie Krueger?" he asked me.

You mean Robbie Krueger of The Doors? That Robbie Krueger???

"Yeah, he's an old buddy. We golf together a lot."

Of course he does. That's David.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

What I really respect about David is his curiosity - he wants to know the why about everything he's involved with down to the smallest detail. And all that experience is continually funneled in to the fitting system.

And he's a unique individual. Was talking with him at his booth st the PGA show last year when his phone rang. He talked for a minute and then hung up. "You want to meet Robbie Krueger?" he asked me.

You mean Robbie Krueger of The Doors? That Robbie Krueger???

"Yeah, he's an old buddy. We golf together a lot."

Of course he does. That's David.

😮

Have you seen that bag he designed? Whoa!

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

It would be cool to get down there for a wedge or iron fitting

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I don't know where fancy fits into a golf fitting and the quality of said fitting, unless of course someone wants to pay for that.

If, however, someone wants a fact based, scientific and performance focused fitting I'm confident what they will experience with the Edel fitting system will give them that.

What I consistently find so amazing is that a totally mechanical system with NO launch monitor or technical equipment (outside of a basic laser pointer) can built a club so specific to your needs that the most advanced measurement system on the planet can't find a single required change to suggest.

That's really awesome to me. Precise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I would love to have a putter fitting, but I haven't found a putter that I like with a weight that comes close to what I think I need. I would hate to waste the money on a fitting when the only putters that would be available are too light. Maybe a properly fit lighter-weight putter would work, but I don't know if I am ready to take that challenge yet.

Maybe if you go to Totally Driven, you could ask them about putter head weights above 400 grams.

Kenny, if you know your specs and like your putter simple, Ricky Johnson just made this 400g wide body #2. You can have them make it naked if you like

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Pretty cool bags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Kenny, if you know your specs and like your putter simple, Ricky Johnson just made this 400g wide body #2. You can have them make it naked if you like

attachicon.gifIMG_9831.JPG

Thanks!  That's a nice looking putter.  I don't know my specs; I have never had a fitting, but I do know that the heavier the club, the better I putt.  My current putter is 32" long with a 465 gram head.  Total putter weight is 900 grams.

What I would like in a custom putter is a face-balanced putter with a head weight around 410 grams with a counterweight that gives me the same feel as my current putter.  I'm just guessing but I think that may be a counterweight of around 100 grams.  I am not sure how to go about figuring out if this will work, and if someone would make a putter that looks decent to me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks! That's a nice looking putter. I don't know my specs; I have never had a fitting, but I do know that the heavier the club, the better I putt. My current putter is 32" long with a 465 gram head. Total putter weight is 900 grams.

What I would like in a custom putter is a face-balanced putter with a head weight around 410 grams with a counterweight that gives me the same feel as my current putter. I'm just guessing but I think that may be a counterweight of around 100 grams. I am not sure how to go about figuring out if this will work, and if someone would make a putter that looks decent to me.

I can't fathom using a putter that's that heavy. 350 is borderline for me.

I can't fathom using a putter that's that heavy. 350 is borderline for me.

I can't take a club that light straight back; I wobble all over the place.   :(   It makes finding a nice looking putter very difficult.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks! That's a nice looking putter. I don't know my specs; I have never had a fitting, but I do know that the heavier the club, the better I putt. My current putter is 32" long with a 465 gram head. Total putter weight is 900 grams.

What I would like in a custom putter is a face-balanced putter with a head weight around 410 grams with a counterweight that gives me the same feel as my current putter. I'm just guessing but I think that may be a counterweight of around 100 grams. I am not sure how to go about figuring out if this will work, and if someone would make a putter that looks decent to me.

465!! That's some heavy artillery. I was chatting with one of RJ's guys and he told me the double bend shaft they use to face balance their tour putter actually makes the wide body slightly toe up.

They make a flow neck or plumbers neck , or you can center shaft any putter too. Not sure if they could do 410, but maybe.

I got a chance to roll Golf Spy Dave's RJ and really like the simple and clean design and liked the feel of their game face horizontal grooves. They do a more traditional face milling too.

( I was in no way compensated for my mini advertisement/ plug here )

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Kenny, have you ever considered running your situation past the guys at Edel? It may be worth a phone call to see how they respond to that question and wether or not they could build something to your specs.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I can't take a club that light straight back; I wobble all over the place. :( It makes finding a nice looking putter very difficult.

I don't know anything about your putting but to me that sounds like more of a stroke/putter configuration issue. Are you watching the putter during the stroke? The putter has a tendency to drop when I follow the putter with my eyes. Try to focus on the ball or closing your eyes and just swing the putter. You may have tried this and it didn't work and you may just have to use the ultra heavy putters.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I don't know anything about your putting but to me that sounds like more of a stroke/putter configuration issue. Are you watching the putter during the stroke? The putter has a tendency to drop when I follow the putter with my eyes. Try to focus on the ball or closing your eyes and just swing the putter. You may have tried this and it didn't work and you may just have to use the ultra heavy putters.

I look at the hole, not the ball.

I look at the hole, not the ball

Oh well. Was just a thought.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Kenny, have you ever considered running your situation past the guys at Edel? It may be worth a phone call to see how they respond to that question and wether or not they could build something to your specs.

I haven't done that.  Their putter heads are so light that I thought it would be a stretch to do something that far removed from their normal putter.  

They are pretty good at custom work.

The other reason I think it would be interesting to have you call is they may have an answer to your needs built into their fitting cart. I wonder if you would possibly explain to someone with technical understanding of the putter stroke/putter itself they may be able to give you a suitable way to work within their system. Or, at the very least find a way to build what you need.

It's just a thought my friend!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I finally was able to take mine out and putt for the first time. Wow! My proximity to the hole was crazy good! It's so awesome to know my aim is good and all I need to have is the speed correct. Makes a huge difference in my confidence. I can't wait until I get to play my first round with it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifIMG_9831.JPG

I know this is an Edel thread, but ...... am very much liking the look of that RJ bad boy ;-)......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Kenny - just a thought, and I am certainly no putter fitter, but was wondering: didn't you mention after your Ping fitting you found out you're not completely a "SBST" putter but have a slight arc? If that is the case, then would a slight toe droop (vs your face-balanced) be worth a try?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

• 7 months later...

My murdered-out Edel E-2 is back!!! YES!!! The pictures are horrible. The shaft is a matte black to match the head. All black from grip to toe!!!!!

My murdered-out Edel E-2 is back!!! YES!!! The pictures are horrible. The shaft is a matte black to match the head. All black from grip to toe!!!!!attachicon.gifIMG_3635.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3636.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3637.JPG

Darth Vader ?

It came out great!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 weeks later...

I was just fitted this morning for an Edel E-3. I got very lucky and was able to have David Edel himself fit me for my putter. He took LOTS of time to work through my aim issues and to get the counter weighting just right on my putter. I never would have found a putter off the rack that would have had the specs of what I ended up with. It was eye opening to see that I aimed right and delofted the putter a significant amount. The first time they removed the ball I was aiming the laser into the ground about a mm in front of the ball. Several iterations of hosels and lines later and I was aimed dead at the laser. Got to take a quick tour of the machine shop as well and it was a really cool place. I wish I would have gotten fitted years ago now.

I had an Evnroll ER1 that I loved the feel of, but just wasn't making very many putts. After my fitting I have seen with my own eyes now why that putters alignment style wasn't right for my eye. Great putter, but just wasn't the right fit for me.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Archived