Sign in to follow this  
Shankster

Where'd My Swing Speed Go?

Is it possible to lost 20mph clubhead speed over winter?!?!?! Just hit some drivers at the Golf Galaxy and it's about 20mph less than last year? I felt about 3/4 short on the course Monday. What in the F is going on?

- Alan

• Like 1

Is it possible to lost 20mph clubhead speed over winter?!?!?! Just hit some drivers at the Golf Galaxy and it's about 20mph less than last year? I felt about 3/4 short on the course Monday. What in the F is going on?

- Alan

I feel your pain. I've lost 10mph driver swing speed and easily 15-20 yards off the tee. Have no idea what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah WTF is going on? I was hitting the heck out of it last week. Maybe their monitor was messed up? Not calibrated

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I did lose about 16 pounds over the winter...

Al you must really bomb it then regularly, didn't you mention in a post you launched one 326 yards the other day with a fade? Maybe you're just Phil Mickelson long now instead of Rory McIlroy long haha.

But seriously though, trying too hard because you see certain numbers is a bad way to go about it. Focus on good contact first, I find that contact has a lot to do with it.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

• Like 3

I did lose about 16 pounds over the winter...

That's it!! I've dropped 21 since Thanksgiving. I gotta get back on the midnight Cherry Garcia diet.

Al you must really bomb it then regularly, didn't you mention in a post you launched one 326 yards the other day with a fade? Maybe you're just Phil Mickelson long now instead of Rory McIlroy long haha.

But seriously though, trying too hard because you see certain numbers is a bad way to go about it. Focus on good contact first, I find that contact has a lot to do with it.

I'm normally 270-280 at 108 ish. This monitor say 220 - 230 with 86mph clubhead speed?

- Alan

Are you flipping through impact?  I lost a club and a half of distance with my flip.  9 iron went from 150 to 130.  DST compressor helped me get it back

• Like 3

Ah ha. The dang monitor was way forward. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Are you flipping through impact? I lost a club and a half of distance with my flip. 9 iron went from 150 to 130. DST compressor helped me get it back

Not sure. I usually tend to leave my hands soft hence my fade. Could be?

- Alan

Also club head speed is not captured on those monitors - it is just calculated.  They monitor ballspeed and then spit out a club speed based on a fixed smashfactor they put into the system.

• Like 1

My last two drives today were pretty hawt ( 245ish) because I was only thinking about two things.  Keeping my big arse feet planted firmly on the ground while making a smooth take away.  Bingo..... 

Back to the OP....    Maybe father time is moving In on ya...  ;) 

• Like 3

I think I'll just stay away from them. Said my clubhead speed was 57 with a 8 iron.

Learn my distances on the course again this year. I really need to move south.

• Like 3

My last two drives today were pretty hawt ( 245ish) because I was only thinking about two things. Keeping my big arse feet planted firmly on the ground while making a smooth take away. Bingo.....

Back to the OP.... Maybe father time is moving In on ya... ;)

I am Turning 34 on Friday...

- Alan

• Like 1

I think you just got some bad technology. Especially if you've seen actual swing speed before at around 108.

• Like 1

I've seen 119 2 years ago. I'm going with the tech being set up wrong.

• Like 1

I've seen 119 2 years ago. I'm going with the tech being set up wrong.

I think this is the correct assessment.  

I am Turning 34 on Friday...

- Alan

If you're crying about that now boy, you're in for a nasty surprise!  :D

• Like 4

If you're crying about that now boy, you're in for a nasty surprise! :D

I wasn't very nice to my body as a kid/young adult. Sometimes I wonder if I can get out of bed in the morning. I can't wait to get old. I'm probably going to live in the PT facility. But yoga has helped! Laid off the weights and doing strictly body weight workouts makes life easier.

- Alan