Reesedw

How many top 100 public courses have you played?

Looking through the new Golf Digest it has their Top 100 public courses.. 

I looked through the list and found 2 I've played and 1 that i need to but it just hasn't worked it that i have..

Gamble Sands- Played

Coeur D' Alene- Played

Chambers Bay- need to.  

Wow, I've played a whopping 0 courses on that list. I need to get out more... Lol

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Depending on which list you go by, I have played 22 "top 100" courses.  Some are top 100 public.  Some are top 100.  Some are on the golfweek "classic" vs "modern" list.  Of the "top" courses I've played, the most memorable was probably Whistling Straits at the American Club in Kohler, WI.   

• Like 1

I've played Tullymore and the Grand Traverse Resort in Michigan and Caledonia Golf and Fish Club in South Carolina. We are actually playing Caledonia and it's sister course, True Blue, on Father's Day weekend along with a couple of others courses.

• Like 2

Currently, none, but I plan on changing that whenever I'm finished with college and actually have time/money to have annual/biannual golf trips with friends. My first stop will probably be French Lick, IN, followed by some Michigan links.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Currently, none, but I plan on changing that whenever I'm finished with college and actually have time/money to have annual/biannual golf trips with friends. My first stop will probably be French Lick, IN, followed by some Michigan links.

I've tried to convince my wife to visit French Lick... She kinda looked at me funny.. Ha ha ha

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

I've tried to convince my wife to visit French Lick... She kinda looked at me funny.. Ha ha ha

MDGolfHacker

Yeah, maybe not the best name for a resort when explaining it to someone haha a couple GREAT looking courses, though

• Like 1

Quite a few but it had to stop, I'm still paying for the Pebble beach extravaganza from 15 years ago:)

• Like 1

I've played the French Lick Ross course, but not the Dye.  The Ross course is a lot of fun IMO.  Not sure the Dye course justifies the expense, but that's a pretty objective opinion.

• Like 1

Played a few....

Pebble Beach

Pasatiempo (hit Alistair MacKenzie's house with an errant 4-iron)

Torrey Pines South

Wolf Creek

The Classic at Madden's Resort

Troy Burne

Plan on playing the Quarry at Giants Ridge, Sentryworld, The Wilderness at Fortune Bay and hopefully a few others this year - if I behave myself and get permission from the War Department.

I was pretty surprised how many Minnesota and Wisconsin courses are listed - beyond Erin Hill and the Kohler courses.

• Like 2

Pebble Beach

Ocean Course

Bethpage Black

Cascata

Sea Island Seaside

Shadow Creek (playing it again Friday)

Sawgrass

Harbour Town

Fallen Oak

Bulle Rock

Doral

Nemacolin Woodlands

Edgewood Tahoe

Trump Ferry Point

• Like 2

http://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

I have played #88 Great Waters at Reynolds Plantation, always thought I might get a chance to play #73 Caledonia as I had a lot of  friends that went every year but I never got an invite.  

Here's the top 100 http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/100-greatest-golf-courses  I have played none of them. 

• Like 2

I have played #88 Great Waters at Reynolds Plantation, always thought I might get a chance to play #73 Caledonia as I had a lot of  friends that went every year but I never got an invite.  

Here's the top 100 http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/100-greatest-golf-courses  I have played none of them. 

Thanks...Some of you make me feel bad about my number... LOL.. 

• Like 3

Yea I was hoping for that #73 gig myself Dawg. I know several that went more than once so we must of not had the right stuff huh? lol

• Like 1

None yet..

This summer in no particular order I will be knocking off.

1. Arcadia Bluffs

2. Forrest Dunes

3. Bay Harbor

And not on the list

Greywalls

Dunmaglaus

Yea I was hoping for that #73 gig myself Dawg. I know several that went more than once so we must of not had the right stuff huh? lol

I always thought that was strange but I guess there must have been a reason for that to happen.  Water under the bridge now. 

• Like 1

I always thought that was strange but I guess there must have been a reason for that to happen. Water under the bridge now.

Yea I think we ended up in the right place after all

• Like 1

More than I thought...

Pebble

Spyglass

Pasatiempo

Spanish Bay

Paa-Ko Ridge

PGA West Stadium

Wolf Creek

Crosswater

Poppy Hills

Tetherow

Coeur d'Alene

Looking forward to adding a few more...

Sent from my SM-G920P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I've played Tullymore and the Grand Traverse Resort in Michigan and Caledonia Golf and Fish Club in South Carolina. We are actually playing Caledonia and it's sister course, True Blue, on Father's Day weekend along with a couple of others courses.

Played in high school tourneys at Tullymore and Grand Traverse for 4 years. Love Tullymore.
  • Like 1