Our Sponsors

I am NOT pulling for Spieth because he elected not to play in Arnold's invitational.

Of all the tournaments he should have played that was the one he should have played.What Arnold did for these spoiled whippersnappers. The year Arnold died should have been a no brainer.

I hope they do not invite him or the others who did not play.

• Like 2
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The crowds were crazy from 14 through to 18, getting over to 16 and 17 was nearly impossible. We followed Reed and Deleat from 1-14, but the crowds were so massive at that point we stayed at 14 green

I'll be there all week, working as a marshal Thursday and Saturday. I'll be happy as long as Spieth or Bubba doesn't win. Haha   Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Actually,  this PGA will hold more interest to me than it typically does.   There are many interesting entertaining scenarios and aspects.   Will Speith reach the career grand slam?   Has Rory rec

Posted Images

Jordan Speith just doesn't have the right touch this week. I was hoping all the big guns would make a run this week but just wishful thinking. Hideki is hot and may break into the major circle.

Hidecki just goes about his business. Seems to be a cool customer but I'm sure he gets just as nervous as anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Please tell me someone saw the goat move that Rod Pampling made.

Yep, he said, I ain't staying an extra night just to play one hole, and I do t care what happens with this shot. It was awesome.

• Like 3

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Just got home turned on TV Kisner & Stroud tied, who saw that coming?

Side note; Red Sox ahead 10-3 over Yankee's.

I'm probably the only one who cares

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

It's nice hearing the announcers talk about how hard and fast the greens are, and how the Bermuda rough is really tough. How driving the ball in the fairway is imperative. Well, these are the conditions that I play every week. Hard, fast greens, and tough Bermuda rough, if you've never had the pleasure of being in deep Bermuda rough, you should feel lucky, but hopefully it's not sitting up just a bit, because then you get the flyer where you hit your 7 iron 230 yards in the air. Some of these guys are very good at judging those lies, but if you guess wrong you get the heavy fat shot where your 7 iron only goes 100 yards. Look for these kind of shots as you watch this week.

As I was reading 7 iron 230, I was thinking or 100. I'm pretty good at reading lies in Bermuda but you still have to commit and hit the shot.

I'm truly enjoying what I've seen also. Same architect, same grasses, similar conditions, it's fun.

The course is rewarding solid shots and making it difficult on those who hit marginal ones.

• Like 2

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

As I was reading 7 iron 230, I was thinking or 100. I'm pretty good at reading lies in Bermuda but you still have to commit and hit the shot.

I'm truly enjoying what I've seen also. Same architect, same grasses, similar conditions, it's fun.

The course is rewarding solid shots and making it difficult on those who hit marginal ones.

Jsaon day found out all about the deep rough on 18, after a really bad decision, and 3 shots later, he had a horrendous lie in that rough he managed to hack it about 30 yards, right before he finished with an 8.

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Just found out that the 100th PGA Championship is going to be like an hour or so away from me next year. So excited!

• Like 2

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

A buddy offered a ticket for Sunday, so we are heading out there at about 9, and plan to close the place down.

Let me know if you can grab me one of those towels I'll cover all of the costs of course!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

This is amazing theater watching Poulter go back and forth with the officials. I think he's gonna knock this guy's head off

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Then they eventually found the ball outside the hazard? Wth? There was like 10 people looking; including a spotter that was standing there when it landed!

• Like 1

Then they eventually found the ball outside the hazard? Wth? There was like 10 people looking; including a spotter that was standing there when it landed!

Poulter got a bit hot under the collar. Not sure how all those people missed the ball location.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Poulter got a bit hot under the collar. Not sure how all those people missed the ball location.

Are they allowed to consult TV cameras to figure out where the ball went?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Standing right behind 1 tee watching Jordan tee off

Hey, if you're on a tee box, please yell "Golf Spy Rocks!!!!!" right after someone hits. If I can hear it on TV, I'll record it and post it here.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

So happy they let Suzzie Whaley announce the penultimate group!

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

So happy they let Suzzie Whaley announce the penultimate group!

Right on. My wife and I were happy to see her also do the announcement. She's always been a class act in CT and a great representative for the PGA.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead