Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I feel truly fortunate, today.

TheWahoo

As I have mention before, I live in Annapolis and my office is on Kent Island in Maryland.   When I woke up Monday morning, the wife said that I had slept through one heck of a storm.   I didn't pay much attention, got dressed and went over the Bay Bridge to my office.   As I just got over the bridge, traffic was at a dead stop, but fortunately, I can get to my office using the first exit.   When I got to the stop light to turn toward my office location, the State Police were there and were asking where was I going and why.   I told them my office is down the road and I'm going to my office and they let me through.   When I got to my office complex, driving the lot was like running an obstacle course with all the fallen trees, light posts and street signs.   It seems that a category 2 tornado just missed the office complex.   Unfortunately, some of our business neighbors were not so fortunate.  I noticed that a couple of buildings were almost totally destroyed.

I have several golf buddies that live on Kent Island and, immediately my thoughts turned to them.  I am happy to report that my buds came through with minor damages, mostly must deal with fallen trees and the like.  Of course no one had electric power, but today, power has been restored to all but a very few.  While my buds are fine, they have neighbors with homes that were totally destroyed.   Again, it was a miracle that no one died and there were no life threatening injuries.  

However, this experience has reminded me that you can go to sleep with the not much care in the world, but wake up to something different.  Appreciate today, because ya never know what tomorrow may bring.

When I heard about this last night, I knew you lived in Annapolis and worked across the bridge, but didn't know it was right there in Kent island.   Wow..You are very fortunate and I'm glad your office came through ok.

Our Superintendent lives just past Kent Island in Queenstown, he was driving opposite towards you but probably much earlier (4:30 am) and it was too dark for him to see much of the damage, he just saw a few limbs and debris in places you don't normally see them and saw some road crews out and roads closed, so he knew something had gone through.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Glad you made it through ok

We had a small tornado back in the early spring...took out a few houses less than a block from me, we lost some tree limbs but nothing else

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Dayuummmm cuz glad you didn't get involved with that stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Glad you made it through it okay.

Your right one day to the next could change your life forever.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Preach it! You can't take today for granted since tomorrow isn't guaranteed! Good to hear you and your buddies made it out okay, hopefully everyone's a bit more fortunate next time

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

I'm glad you and your buds are OK.  Mother Nature can be very unpredictable and brutal sometimes.  It does put our lives in perspective.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks for sharing your story. My thoughts and prayers go out to those less fortunate.

We lived in The Indiana for ten years. Tornadoes scare the heck out of me.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thanks for sharing your story. My thoughts and prayers go out to those less fortunate.

We lived in The Indiana for ten years. Tornadoes scare the heck out of me.

Tornadoes and hurricanes scare me a lot.  I'm not sure I could get used to living in an area of the country where they occur every year.  I was in Augusta when Hurricane Hugo went through in 1989; not something I want to go through again.  We can get a lot of wind; I've seen more than 70 mph here but not it's not tornadoes or hurricanes.  I'm happy living in a part of the country where we only get an occasional volcano; Mt. St. Helens in 1980. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm glad you and your buds are OK. Mother Nature can be very unpredictable and brutal sometimes. It does put our lives in perspective.

Ditto!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Tornadoes and hurricanes scare me a lot.  I'm not sure I could get used to living in an area of the country where they occur every year.  I was in Augusta when Hurricane Hugo went through in 1989; not something I want to go through again.  We can get a lot of wind; I've seen more than 70 mph here but not it's not tornadoes or hurricanes.  I'm happy living in a part of the country where we only get an occasional volcano; Mt. St. Helens in 1980. 

Amen Brother.. I can live with the rain.. occasional small earthquake, and wild fires.. Hell a bad day for me is either it's too hot, or it's raining again.. None of these nasty storms the rest of you get.. Wherever your at is a great place to visit... But I don't want to live there.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.