FromRightToLeft

Hogan Equalizer Wedge

Great review and I’m so rooting for you to excel as a lefty!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, revkev said:

Great review and I’m so rooting for you to excel as a lefty!

Thanks so much for the comment man, I appreciate it. My progress as a lefty so far has been 123, 112, 117, 112, 121 (super windy) and my last round was 108 which I was pumped for. No back issues which is much more important to me. It snowed here a few days ago so no golf for me until next week it looks like. Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 3

@fromRightYoLeft - I’ve been doing SuperSpeed golf workouts since last September. Those protocols require swinging left handed. While I can’t get my SS up close to my righty speed, lefty, the thought of actually hitting shots or having to hitting a shot with touch lefty is not on the radar for me.

Whatever we can do to encourage you to plug through it!

Are you still putting righty at least?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 3:06 AM, revkev said:

@fromRightYoLeft - I’ve been doing SuperSpeed golf workouts since last September. Those protocols require swinging left handed. While I can’t get my SS up close to my righty speed, lefty, the thought of actually hitting shots or having to hitting a shot with touch lefty is not on the radar for me.

Whatever we can do to encourage you to plug through it!

Are you still putting righty at least?

Yeah it's been a challenge to say the least. I am a sick man and so I decided to putt and chip left handed as well haha. For me I just wanted to see if I could go all the way and do it. I actually have a couple of bets with buddies that I'll beat them by years end. They both usually shoot around 90. MY $25 and a six pack of beer vs their $200. Again I'm sick I know but it makes it more fun and add's a bit of motivation. They can shoot over 100 on a bad round so you never know. I wouldn't count me out 😜

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Glad you're liking your Equalizers! I'd jumped in on a Black Friday sale last Fall for a set of three in Black .. really happy with them!! 

And good luck with your new lefty swing and game .. you're waaaaay more coordinated than most of us!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Glad you're liking your Equalizers! I'd jumped in on a Black Friday sale last Fall for a set of three in Black .. really happy with them!! 

And good luck with your new lefty swing and game .. you're waaaaay more coordinated than most of us!

Yeah man I am really liking it. I hit a flag with one yesterday from 90 yards out. How are the black finishes holding up? I would really consider getting some more of them. 

Thanks for the well wishes on my lefty adventure. It's hard haha. But I'm loving the struggle.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 11:46 AM, FromRightToLeft said:

How are the black finishes holding up?

So far, very well - about a dozen or so rounds plus several practice sessions to date and only very minor wear on the faces and very little on the soles. The 50 which I hit the most full shots with shows the most wear, of course, but it's still light and all the between-groove face milling is still fully visible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

So far, very well - about a dozen or so rounds plus several practice sessions to date and only very minor wear on the faces and very little on the soles. The 50 which I hit the most full shots with shows the most wear, of course, but it's still light and all the between-groove face milling is still fully visible. 

Thats good to hear. I'm always worried about black finishes on irons.

• Like 1

Intrigued to know how you feel about the wedges after more rounds? Seriously considering a set!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mimz said:

Intrigued to know how you feel about the wedges after more rounds? Seriously considering a set!

I am mostly loving the Hogan SW still. I now use it almost exclusively for chipping and pitching. You will get a LOT of spin on your shots with this club. I find more so than my Callaway MackDaddy's. I chip with the ball forward, handle raised and face open. Basically I maximize the bounce of the wedge for forgiveness and it also creates a lot of spin. The wedge has been great for this method except the grind is not perfect. The "C" grind on the Callaways works perfect for this chipping method, I just wish Hogan offered some custom grind options. I may get this one custom ground myself. 

• Like 2

I have the 50* right now, which I love,  and also have just received a demo of the 56*.    Can't wait to try it out too.  

• Like 2

First round today with the 56* demo. Hit some good pitches, chips, and full shots with it. Really good turf interaction on all shot types. Spin seems very good as well. More testing to follow but initial results are promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, gbtrsc said:

First round today with the 56* demo. Hit some good pitches, chips, and full shots with it. Really good turf interaction on all shot types. Spin seems very good as well. More testing to follow but initial results are promising.

Cool, I'm still liking mine as well. Keep us updated as you use it more bud!

Sent the demos back today. Probably going to hold off until I can try the demos with KBS Tour 90.

Sent the demos back today. Probably going to hold off until I can try the demos with KBS Tour 90.

That would be the set up I’m looking for! Thanks for the feedback so far, keep us updated as to when you receive the Kbs shafted demo!

• Like 1

It was strange. I love the 50 degree with the Recoil F4, even for touch shots around the green. But I wasn’t getting the same love from the 56 with the same shaft. Full shots it was ok to good. I think I just need more weight in the 56 and 60.

• Like 1

Very nice review and fantastic job on the pics. 

I have to admit, when I first read your screen name I thought it was referring to your ball flight 😎

What an undertaking.  Best of luck on your bet. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Very nice review and fantastic job on the pics. 

I have to admit, when I first read your screen name I thought it was referring to your ball flight 😎

What an undertaking.  Best of luck on your bet. 

Thanks for the comments, the SN is a little play on words hah. It's a challenge for sure, still have not broken 100 yet but I'm working on it. Biggest issue is hitting the full shots solid. My short game is pretty good, especially putting. I think I putt better left handed actually haha.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 6:34 PM, gbtrsc said:

Let us know how that goes when you do get them. Cheers