2 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

It’s June and you’re only at 5? I expected more outta you by now 🤣🤣

Lol. I promised a season of some restraint 😎

Just now, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Lol. I promised a season of some restraint 😎

So is the TS1 the next on deck?

1 minute ago, Mr_Theoo said:

So is the TS1 the next on deck?

Yep, that's No 5.  The 410 will stay as the gamer.  Bit I'm really inriqued by the design and target golfer of this TS1.   It'll be a full review.   You know. I'm doing it for the people 😎

• Like 5

you are so right, and what's funny is Adam and Tony had this exact conversation back in November.  It's available if you search GolfSpy Podcast.  They predicted 2019 would be the year of the driver, and to prove their point, I've put in play four different ones this year and will have a 5th one on the way in a few weeks 🤪

Is there a cure for this sickness

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Looks good, but the actual improvement is so small that one who holds the g400 lst would be dumb to move to the 410. But it may entice someone moving from something outside of the already fantastic G400 line.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Looks good, but the actual improvement is so small that one who holds the g400 lst would be dumb to move to the 410. But it may entice someone moving from something outside of the already fantastic G400 line.

I could still see some folks going to the 410 if the moveable weight makes a difference for them even if they already have the 400. Seems like those who would benefit from the draw setting would most likely to convert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I could still see some folks going to the 410 if the moveable weight makes a difference for them even if they already have the 400. Seems like those who would benefit from the draw setting would most likely to convert.

Possibly... But I'd bet that benefit would be minimal at best. These new releases, while fun and shiny... Lack true innovation that does exactly what it's made to seem... Or else we'd be hitting it 700 yards down the middle... As these claims have gotten bigger and bigger for years now. Marketing at it's best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dhartmann34 said:

Possibly... But I'd bet that benefit would be minimal at best. These new releases, while fun and shiny... Lack true innovation that does exactly what it's made to seem... Or else we'd be hitting it 700 yards down the middle... As these claims have gotten bigger and bigger for years now. Marketing at it's best. emoji846.png

For the most part year to year the improvement one will see if properly fit each time will be minimal especially for those that make relatively good and consistent contact near the center. As face technology improves and weight design changes those who miss laterally will tend to see the bigger improvements.

This is why I tend to lean ping and titleist in because they do things based on engineering and improvements and not geared toward marketing some revolutionary material and increased distance. If the other brands cane out and said increased distance on mishits then I’d be more inclined to entertain their pitches for improvements but would still need to test to see if I benefit.

• Like 1

I’ve played two rounds with a G400 LST recently, and I can’t imagine gaining anything from the 410 version, at least not distance. Maybe the moveable weight and flat setting could help me fine tune, but I’ve been hitting bombs with the one I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I sent a message to Ping via Instagram and they said the 410 has higher MOI, and then the flat settings, and the moveable weight. The improvement I might see would be related to forgiveness, they said.

• Like 4

I was able to give this driver a rip at my local PGA SS last week.  I have to be honest in saying that I liked the G400 a little better.  I don't have specific numbers, but I felt like I was getting better consistency and distance out of the G400 LST.  I'll have to see if I can get some data between the two drivers.  First impression though, would be to save a bit of money and grab the G400 LST now that it's going on sale by being the old model.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:02 PM, tony@CIC said:

Is there a cure for this sickness emoji16.png

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I truly hope not 😬

I was able to give this driver a rip at my local PGA SS last week.  I have to be honest in saying that I liked the G400 a little better.  I don't have specific numbers, but I felt like I was getting better consistency and distance out of the G400 LST.  I'll have to see if I can get some data between the two drivers.  First impression though, would be to save a bit of money and grab the G400 LST now that it's going on sale by being the old model.

I picked-up a head on eBay for $189! I’m loving it.

• Like 3

Nice score! I’m currently in an internal debate over getting an F9, g400 or g400 lst, or a rogue off the bay. I just love the sound of the f9. Ive read that then g400 sounds a lot better. But no matter what it will be less “pingy” than my g30.

• Like 1

IMO the turbulators need to go away. So annoying at address for me. It's also very gimmicky...I think Ping can find a new way to suggest faster speeds outside of these fins.  This is such a great driver but for me personally, the crown is a mess

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

IMO the turbulators need to go away. So annoying at address for me. It's also very gimmicky...I think Ping can find a new way to suggest faster speeds outside of these fins.  This is such a great driver but for me personally, the crown is a mess

They did they added dragonfly to the head then they moved dragonfly from the outside to the underneath.

Drivers on center contact have been maxed out for roughly a decade and iirc from the way usga is doing testing off center space on the face is also now measured to same standards as center and that faces are getting close to max. 

remember ping heads tend to be on the heavier side and offer both speed and forgiveness. Other brands go for lighter heads to deliver speed but they have issues with dispersion or are extremely bias to one dude or the other.

the g400 max and lst are 2 of the best drivers in the market since the 2016 m1/2 release which has been hard for many to find a better driver to replace it. Whatever ping is doing is working and they are a brand that doesn’t change to change but rather release a better version...see how long they took to release the g410 lst

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/30/2019 at 1:29 PM, PMookie said:

I’ve played two rounds with a G400 LST recently, and I can’t imagine gaining anything from the 410 version, at least not distance. Maybe the moveable weight and flat setting could help me fine tune, but I’ve been hitting bombs with the one I have.

I agree, the club is an absolute rocket launcher.  It’s tough to imagine such a profound change in just one years’ evolution.  

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

They did they added dragonfly to the head then they moved dragonfly from the outside to the underneath.

Drivers on center contact have been maxed out for roughly a decade and iirc from the way usga is doing testing off center space on the face is also now measured to same standards as center and that faces are getting close to max. 

remember ping heads tend to be on the heavier side and offer both speed and forgiveness. Other brands go for lighter heads to deliver speed but they have issues with dispersion or are extremely bias to one dude or the other.

the g400 max and lst are 2 of the best drivers in the market since the 2016 m1/2 release which has been hard for many to find a better driver to replace it. Whatever ping is doing is working and they are a brand that doesn’t change to change but rather release a better version...see how long they took to release the g410 lst

agreed.  The ping drivers have been insane lately.  I saw a video with the TXG guys on you tube and they were hitting a 410 LST I believe....they couldn't hit it off line and they were amazed at the forgiveness and distance.  I am about to replace by 910 D3 and I'm seriously looking into ping at this point.  I need something more forgiving now that can still get me the distances I crave

6 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

agreed.  The ping drivers have been insane lately.  I saw a video with the TXG guys on you tube and they were hitting a 410 LST I believe....they couldn't hit it off line and they were amazed at the forgiveness and distance.  I am about to replace by 910 D3 and I'm seriously looking into ping at this point.  I need something more forgiving now that can still get me the distances I crave

The video was with the G410+.  They have not hit the LST yet.  

Make sure you check out the G410 forum reviews.  Lots of great information in this thread.  Feel free to pop in and ask me any questions you may have.

• Like 4

On 6/5/2019 at 11:41 PM, PMookie said:

This very post led me to buy a G400 last week.  Is the TS3 in danger?

• Like 1