GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

How's the black finish holding up now that you all have had them in the bag for a while? I know the question has been asked before, but they're just so pretty and any excuse to look at them is justified.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Mine are holding up great. Still no wear on the finish. Next time I play I’ll get a pic of my 58, that’s the one that gets the most action.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Other than needing to clean them a little more frequently they all look fantastic.  According to Arccos I've hit a combined 223 shots with them so far this summer.
IMG_1085.JPG.9ecc4badf823ae4f3ef5b37fd726dc79.JPGIMG_1088.JPG.7979fd34b6dd4cddd02c4ead0e138f41.JPGIMG_1089.JPG.5770b06d7e13180b1f534c499b7441cb.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Other than needing to clean them a little more frequently they all look fantastic.  According to Arccos I've hit a combined 223 shots with them so far this summer.

IMG_1085.JPG.9ecc4badf823ae4f3ef5b37fd726dc79.JPGIMG_1088.JPG.7979fd34b6dd4cddd02c4ead0e138f41.JPGIMG_1089.JPG.5770b06d7e13180b1f534c499b7441cb.JPG

That’s pretty darn impressive. Are you happy with the gapping they give ya?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GB13 said:

That’s pretty darn impressive. Are you happy with the gapping they give ya?

The F9 pitching wedge is a little too strong but the gapping between the 50°, 54°, and 58° is spot on.  The Arccos smart distances for my wedges are:

PW (44° bent 1° weak to 45°): 145 yards
50: 126
54: 116
58: 90

The 58° smart distance is a little low since I use it for almost every shot 100 yards and in.  True distance is around 105 yards leaving a nice 10 yard gap between each Ninja wedge.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

How's the black finish holding up now that you all have had them in the bag for a while? I know the question has been asked before, but they're just so pretty and any excuse to look at them is justified.

The black finish is really holding up well, mine look sexy still and I can't see that changing any time soon 😁😎

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Alright, I know I have been hit and miss this season.. But I need to know Have any of you Fell in love with a certain club that you thought you'd never change out?? I.E. Driver, Wedges, Irons, Hybrids, Woods... I fell in love with them all last year but for me my hybrids get the most love..

Also I feel you all gained a total of 9.8 strokes on your Hdcp's..

3w was my favorite club in my old set. I always felt that I could do damage with it from anywhere.

Then I started playing the F9. I've said this already, but it is not leaving my bag. It is truly a weapon that allows me to play from better areas of the course and keeps me out of trouble.

I'll also say that my wedges are a close second. Granted my old bag was a mix of pre-owned buys from the bargain bin, but these King Blacks are superb. 

• Like 4

A masked intruder breaks in and steals your clubs.  Who replaces with the exact same set-up and who doesn't?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

A masked intruder breaks in and steals your clubs.  Who replaces with the exact same set-up and who doesn't?  

I wouldn't change a thing. Even though I've not used my 5w yet, and some clubs I've only hit a few shots with, I like the tools in my bag.

Looking at my usage stats, I've recorded a combined 304 shots with my 3w, 5i, 7i, 52, and 56. The rest of the set combined has been 88 shots. That's 78% of my shots (non putts) coming from 5 clubs alone.

It's not that I dislike the other 8 clubs, I just sometimes do not need them based on various factors. I like having them as options and believe all of them will do the job required.

• Like 4

Only thing I change is, take 4 iron out, bend 50,54,58 1* strong, replace 4 iron with a 60 bent to 61*. Other than that I’m set

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Wedgie said:

What are you planning? 🤔😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Nunfa0 said:

What are you planning? 🤔😜

You're safe, cheaper for me to buy them than steal yours.  

Hey Bardle, I'd like to send a Christmas card....just need your address.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Im about to throw the driver in a lake. Other than that I'd keep it all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

What lake and when? Asking for a friend.

I'll keep you posted. Ha

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

You're safe, cheaper for me to buy them than steal yours.  

Hey Bardle, I'd like to send a Christmas card....just need your address.

I thought we were a team!? I feel betrayed

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Wedgie said:

In answer to your question, yes I would happily have the same set up but I could also be tempted by the forged tec irons as well....

• Like 2

I thought we were a team!? I feel betrayed

Never...just want to send a card.

Regards,

Team Bardle

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wedgie said:

Never...just want to send a card.

Regards,

Team Bardle

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

@bardle
Image result for it's a trap gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So, does no one want an Arccos set up?!?  I think I've seen maybe 5 guesses for this weeks forum challenge. 

Come on fellow spies, let's hear what you really think about how much our golf game has changed over the challenge!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, palvord said:

So, does no one want an Arccos set up?!?  I think I've seen maybe 5 guesses for this weeks forum challenge. 

Come on fellow spies, let's hear what you really think about how much our golf game has changed over the challenge!

Maths are toughs. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3