Our Sponsors

On 6/14/2019 at 4:43 PM, chaseclelland said:

Really interested to hear how it goes. I am looking forward to the website and am an early subscriber. I hope it launches soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hey, so I just got back from LA a few days ago.  I ended up getting a lesson from George's assistant coach, Mark, because George went out of town to do a photoshoot with Wolff for Golf Digest.  Mark was awesome!  The experience was great.  George has definitely cultivated a great group of people out there who truly care about ones experience.  They teach anyone who wants a lesson from high handicap to low.  I am a subscriber to George's website, and understand his concepts and am able to video myself and figure things out on my own.  However, having someone physically put me into certain positions and give me drills to work on specifically based on what they saw in my swing was very helpful.  George's website is so full of info it was good to have a few things pulled out and applied to me.  Overall, if you are in the area I highly recommend getting a lesson from George or Mark.

• Like 1

MP20 MMC

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The wonderful thing about golf instruction is that there's a teacher and a style out there that will fit with nearly anyone and everyone. Doesn't matter if it's online or in person. People all respond

Gankas has been quite popular for around 3-4 years now at least. He's getting some accolades because of Wolff, sure, but he's certainly not flavor of the month. He also gets a lot of talk because

I’m headed out to LA to take two lessons from him in a few months.  I’m not expecting him to work miracles, I just want to feel what he’s talking about and hear his teaching cues in person.  It’s defi

did you see an immediate improvement in strike/swing/ball flight etc etc?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Hey, so I just got back from LA a few days ago.  I ended up getting a lesson from George's assistant coach, Mark, because George went out of town to do a photoshoot with Wolff for Golf Digest.  Mark was awesome!  The experience was great.  George has definitely cultivated a great group of people out there who truly care about ones experience.  They teach anyone who wants a lesson from high handicap to low.  I am a subscriber to George's website, and understand his concepts and am able to video myself and figure things out on my own.  However, having someone physically put me into certain positions and give me drills to work on specifically based on what they saw in my swing was very helpful.  George's website is so full of info it was good to have a few things pulled out and applied to me.  Overall, if you are in the area I highly recommend getting a lesson from George or Mark.

How is the site? I don’t like that there are no training samples. One is expected to sign up for a year subscription for about $500 without knowing if the contents match their learning style.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, XXIO X Black drivers
:ping-small: G410 3 wood, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small: XR 22*, 25* hybrids
th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0211 1st Gen 6 - GW irons
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 54/14, Zing LW wedges
:ping-small: Sigma G Craz-E putter

16 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

How is the site? I don’t like that there are no training samples. One is expected to sign up for a year subscription for about $500 without knowing if the contents match their learning style.

It sounds like it similar to some other online programs I’ve seen with the exception of how it unlocks courses.

if one isn’t an online learner it’s probably not for them. 

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

17 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It sounds like it similar to some other online programs I’ve seen with the exception of how it unlocks courses.

if one isn’t an online learner it’s probably not for them. 

To be more clear, I don't think the Gankas videos that you can find on YouTube are very good.  The ones I have seen are always him giving tips to some guy while talking 100 MPH and they look like they are shot with someone's iPhone.  That's an exaggeration, but I don't want to pay $500 to get that. My point is that it would be nice to see a sample of what you are buying before putting down a substantial amount of money.  Or a trial period etc.

I just enrolled in the program last week.  I have to say it has exceeded my expectations.  Each module/video is extremely detailed.  My favorite part about the program is he explains everything so that you can self diagnose and correct.  He doesn't just say what he feels are the right positions/moves - he explains ALL of the positions and moves and how each of them can impact the swing and ball flight.    

• Like 1

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:srixon-small: ZU85 18* Tour AD 95X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
 MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:titelist-small: ProV1 ???
20 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

To be more clear, I don't think the Gankas videos that you can find on YouTube are very good.  The ones I have seen are always him giving tips to some guy while talking 100 MPH and they look like they are shot with someone's iPhone.  That's an exaggeration, but I don't want to pay $500 to get that. My point is that it would be nice to see a sample of what you are buying before putting down a substantial amount of money.  Or a trial period etc.

That seems fair. How many cars have you bought without a test drive first! a trial even for a week, or a few videos might get more takers, however, that's just good old basic business marketing. I'm sure they have a reason for doing it their way.

• Like 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

1 hour ago, Dr Strangelove said:

That’s not what you get from what Ive read.

see above post from jlukes conforming what I’ve read elsewhere 

I just enrolled in the program last week.  I have to say it has exceeded my expectations.  Each module/video is extremely detailed.  My favorite part about the program is he explains everything so that you can self diagnose and correct.  He doesn't just say what he feels are the right positions/moves - he explains ALL of the positions and moves and how each of them can impact the swing and ball flight.    

Thanks. That’s the type of insight I was looking for.

• Like 1

So, it’s $500 to get access to videos, then the student self assesses?
Wow.
Does anyone get any direct, one-on-one, video lessons evaluating the “student’s” swing, specific responses from GG himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

38 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Wow.
Does anyone get any direct, one-on-one, video lessons evaluating the “student’s” swing, specific responses from GG himself?

If you want an online lesson with gg it’s $400.

instructors that have these online “classes” do t include any type of lesson in the package. Some offer member discounts for online lessons

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Wow.

There's a community. There are assistants that are constantly answering questions. There will be a forum to upload swing videos and receive feedback 

It's not $500 for just videos 

• Like 1

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
5 hours ago, Dr Strangelove said:

The GGSwingtips is a channel that Gankaa used to be part of, but not now. Seems they were doing shady things like have other instructors say they were him on the website. He sued them and his current site is his own. I gather from the interview, GGSwingtips still own the rights to use the videos they filmed. And they do not advertise he is not part of them anymore

WITB

G400 10.5 

M2 3HL

Titleist 818 3 and 4 hybrid 

Ping G15 5-gap

Vokey SM7 54 degrees 

Vokey SM6 58 degrees 

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

27 minutes ago, Rchang said:

The GGSwingtips is a channel that Gankaa used to be part of, but not now. Seems they were doing shady things like have other instructors say they were him on the website. He sued them and his current site is his own. I gather from the interview, GGSwingtips still own the rights to use the videos they filmed. And they do not advertise he is not part of them anymore

GG has a YouTube channel not associated with the ggswingtips website as well as his Instagram. That’s usually what most refer to when talking about his videos 

There's a community. There are assistants that are constantly answering questions. There will be a forum to upload swing videos and receive feedback 
It's not $500 for just videos 

So there’s no submission of videos to him, then a filmed lesson from him to the student in-return?

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

12 minutes ago, PMookie said:

So there’s no submission of videos to him, then a filmed lesson from him to the student in-return?

Not with him alone. As someone mentioned above, this a pga tour instructor. He charges $400 for one's single online lesson. 

The program isn't for everyone, but I am really impressed with how comprehensive everything has been and how he is so detailed in his explanations 

• Like 2

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
5 hours ago, PMookie said:

He is booked everyday all day with in person lessons for several months out. To take time to do online lessons from members as well as anyone else paying for online lessons would be impossible to have time for and he’s been doing a bunch of travel with Matthew Wolff.

His online learning package isn’t designed to give access to him but to provide in depth info on what he teaches. 

• Like 2

I spent three days with George this May. (Three 1-hour lessons) Flew out from NY just for this. I do not do crazy things like this often. I was completely taken by the understanding and intelligence of the youtube videos. In person, he was serious, interesting, focused, friendly, and a pleasure to be with as anyone could possibly be. Not a wasted moment. Encouraging, patient, quick, really an extraordinary profound experience. It was difficult and I had to be really present, attentive. I'm 72 and a 10 handicap. I know a lot about golf after playing for so many years but for me it became real, coherent, repeatable and now only getting better as I'm able to feel more and more of what he showed. I A wonderful experience.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, David Wolk said:

I spent three days with George this May. (Three 1-hour lessons) Flew out from NY just for this. I do not do crazy things like this often. I was completely taken by the understanding and intelligence of the youtube videos. In person, he was serious, interesting, focused, friendly, and a pleasure to be with as anyone could possibly be. Not a wasted moment. Encouraging, patient, quick, really an extraordinary profound experience. It was difficult and I had to be really present, attentive. I'm 72 and a 10 handicap. I know a lot about golf after playing for so many years but for me it became real, coherent, repeatable and now only getting better as I'm able to feel more and more of what he showed. I A wonderful experience.

So the ultimate question.  You are 4 months out from the lessons,  has your game improved and in what way?  If you have improved,  do you think other pros could have provided the same results?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 9/18/2019 at 11:56 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

did you see an immediate improvement in strike/swing/ball flight etc etc?

not exactly, but also yes.  when i got home from LA I immediately started working on the drills I was told to work on and continued to go through the online program while emphasizing the drills Mark game me.  I literally was constantly working on stuff at home, in the kitchen, living room, backyard, mirror.  This was all in the span of a couple days.  I went out and played a round.  Topped every shot on the first three holes, not an exaggeration.  So I went home, continued to work the stuff i was told to work on.  Then shot a 78(my personal best) a few days later.  So yes, there was a very quick improvement.  My distance hasn't changed a whole lot, but my striking certainly has, and I think the distance is coming.  My flight has changed from a fade to a draw/pull.  My driver is definitely going farther, but my irons are close to the same.  A big thing Mark worked with me on was putting.  Without saying it directly he essentially said my putting was atrocious.  My putting is worlds better is just two rounds with nearly no emphasis on putting.  My main emphasis has been the swing changes right now.

TL;DR Yes, immediate changes in flight, and striking, not distance yet.  

MP20 MMC