Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

LPGA Event

LeftyHawk

I attended my first LPGA event today. The Great Lakes Bay Invitational in Midland Michigan. I received quite an education while watching the players from the tee and the fairway. I've spent many years watching the male pro's on TV, release a Herculean force on the white orb, sending it 320 + yards down the fairway (sometimes not quite the fairway), 9 irons from 200 yards and such,  and trying to apply what I saw to my game. It didn't work. I've even watched the female players on TV with out any luck. Seeing them live, in person gave me an entirely different perspective on the whole swing thing, driver and irons. I know from years of trying to understand the swing that speed, not force is required to gain distance and staying relaxed will give you control. Seeing the gals on TV doesn't do them justice, you really must see them live, in person to understand and appreciate just how graceful they are while achieving  distance and control. I've always known you don't need brute force to hit the ball, but for some reason today was a light bulb moment for me when I could see the ladies up close and really see what they are doing.

I would urge all of you if you have a chance to get to an LPGA event, GO !!!! you won't be sorry !!!

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

9 hours ago, LeftyHawk said:

I attended my first LPGA event today. The Great Lakes Bay Invitational in Midland Michigan. I received quite an education while watching the players from the tee and the fairway. I've spent many years watching the male pro's on TV, release a Herculean force on the white orb, sending it 320 + yards down the fairway (sometimes not quite the fairway), 9 irons from 200 yards and such,  and trying to apply what I saw to my game. It didn't work. I've even watched the female players on TV with out any luck. Seeing them live, in person gave me an entirely different perspective on the whole swing thing, driver and irons. I know from years of trying to understand the swing that speed, not force is required to gain distance and staying relaxed will give you control. Seeing the gals on TV doesn't do them justice, you really must see them live, in person to understand and appreciate just how graceful they are while achieving  distance and control. I've always known you don't need brute force to hit the ball, but for some reason today was a light bulb moment for me when I could see the ladies up close and really see what they are doing.

I would urge all of you if you have a chance to get to an LPGA event, GO !!!! you won't be sorry !!!

We usually go to the Marathon Classic in Sylvania, Oh. every year (missed it this year). There's a lot of truth to what you said. With my lower SS, their swings are more relate-able to me  - even though they can outdrive me by a lot. What I also like is that you can get up close to them - even the top players. You don't have crowds that are 10 deep. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I’ve worked as a volunteer at several LPGA Tour Events. I whole heartedly agree they are a much better example for us average Joes. For the most part they play course distances very comparable to ours as well. They use game improvement irons, hybrids and fairway woods exceptionally well.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I enjoy watching them for all the reasons listed above and the emphasis on the quality of strike. I remember watching Annika win her first US Open and being completely captivated by her swing and drive and her complete dominance. Se Ri Pak and Lorena Ochoa were amazing and so many of the ladies now are so so good so young. Lydia Ko was/is just incredible and a major champion at 18 and World Number One at 17! Amazing. When I started watching them I was so impressed with the sharpness of their games and I have learned to base my own method of play around them. Meaning an emphasis on strike and playing the correct tees, as well as, equipment. Has made a huge impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer