Sign in to follow this  
fixyurdivot

Two Baggers

Multiple Bags  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own and operate more than one set of clubs?

• yes
    • no

Our Sponsors

I currently bag Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metals, but I keep my last set (Taylormade SLDR's) in the garage and use them to practice with on my simulator.  I leave my primary clubs in my car, most of the time, so it's pretty much a convenience thing for me.

I don't think I'll ever go back to the Taylormade SLDR's.  The other nice thing about having a 'spare' set of clubs is I let my out of town guests borrow them when they drop in for a short visit.

-- P.J.

• Like 1

TaylorMade M6 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3W

Callaway Rogue 4Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 irons
Mizuno MP-T7 wedges
EVNROLL ER7 Putter
Snell "MTB" Golf Ball

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy

On 11/12/2019 at 11:12 PM, lmh3 said:

I have three sets that I have used in the last year, I will be taking one set to our vacation house to leave there, it makes it easier than having to load my clubs in the car with the kids and all of their stuff. Also thinking of leaving the third set at my in laws' home to make it easy to sneak out with my father in law when we visit them.

That is not too far fetched. I know quite a few people that do that keep a set in their vacation home or condo and a set at their in laws.

• Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

On 11/7/2019 at 9:29 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I sure hope my recent upgrade hasn't released the "club ho" inside me 😱.  Ever since joining this forum and having just purchased my G410's this summer, I'm noticing an urge growing to test other irons. Oh, I really like the G410's but, having just completed a lengthy process of fittings (two) and downselect leading to their purchase, I find myself with a hankering to test more. Part of that could be because my location did not afford an opportunity to test the breadth of hardware available (i.e., a True Spec experience).

Then I pause and look at the collection of fly rods and reels I have 😄...do I really want to go down this bunny-hole?  I'm thinking along the lines of trying to find a set of used blades that I might be able to play.  This may be more of a personal challenge to myself than anything.  How many of you own and operate more than one set of clubs?  Are you doing so more to quench your lust for shiny metal or for performance under certain playing conditions, etc.?  I know some just collect and refinish for fun but I'm more interested in hearing from those who play multiple bags.

You and I might just meet up in that "bunny hole" lol. I'm seriously considering getting a second set. In fact I just started a thread asking advice on the Mizuno HMs as opposed to the Apex 19's.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Haha 2

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 10.5* Bassara

:callaway-small: Rogue 15*  Quaranta 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash hybrids 18* & 21* Tensei Silver

:callaway-small: Rogue X 5-AW Tensei Silver 

:callaway-small: MD4 52* & 56*

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double Wide 34"

:callaway-small: Fusion Zero 14 way stand bag

:EVNROLL: ER5  & :yes-small: Tracy putters will be sitting in a :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 bag, just waiting for the :odyssey-small: to misbehave.

7 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

You and I might just meet up in that "bunny hole" lol. I'm seriously considering getting a second set. In fact I just started a thread asking advice on the Mizuno HMs as opposed to the Apex 19's.

It can be a dangerous sport 🤣

• Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I have a set of R9 TP irons that I still play and bought a set of 690.cbs a couple of years ago to tinker with. Consistency wise, the R9s are my go to. But the feel of the 690s when struck perfectly can’t be beat. I’m in the process now of doing some shaft rearranging. The DGs make the 690s very hard for me to get a decent launch angle. I may take one of my KBS Tours from the R9s and do some testing.

I also have a couple of various older wedges that I can stick in a bag to help fill it out. I’ve also been adding to my  Titleist driver “collection”. I have a 983K, 905T, and a 909 D2. None of which I hit particularly well (shaft selection is key) but I love the look and feel when struck well.

I was also given a full set of Titleist Lite 100s, persimmon woods included by someone at my church. Haven’t swung them more than a couple of times but I have them in case I get the itch to play some throwback golf. 

I'm an ex clubmaker with the kids grown and gone and too much time on my hands. On top of that, I have a Mizuno blade fetish. Needless to say, I have several sets that are all identically matched and I tend to pull whichever set I feel like playing on any given day. Sounds weird I know, but I've been that way for several years.  Current favorite is the MP5/RIP Tour 115 R set. Others are:

MP4/Matrix Prog 130 S

MP15/RIP Tour 115 R

MP25/Recoil Proto 125 F4

MP69/RIP Tour 115 S (DSS)

MP14 (black chrome)/Fuji Pro 115 S (not shafted yet)

Cobra Amp Cell Pro/RIP Tour 115 R (oldest playing set)

BT

I'd love to have a second set to keep at my parent's in Florida.  Maybe next year haha.

:titelist-small:  :vokey-small:  :cameron-small:  :footjoy-small:

I have several- my mainline set of Wilson V2s, a guest set of Wilson Ci7s, and a few sets of vintage blades and persimmon woods for kicks...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter