Our Sponsors

Has anyone gotten Club Fitted from GOLF TEC. There is a location in Colma, California and I am interested in how much they charge and your experience.

I used to coach The First Tee of San Francisco

• 1 month later...

About a year ago I got fitted for a new set of irons from the nearest Golf Tec, which happens to be in Ft Collins, Co 145 miles away.  I called in advance, Had a nice conversation with one of the coaches.  He set me up with "resident club guru/geek" for an iron fitting cost was $125.00.  I had never been properly fit for any of my clubs so it was all a new experience.  I had an absolute blast.  Alex, my fitter was very knowledgeable, I hit balls for at least 1.5 hours.  We went through a lot of different head/shaft combinations.  You could see the numbers for launch, spin, & decent angle just keep getting better as he eliminated things that would not work. I ended up purchasing a new set of Mizuno 919 HM Pro with Steel Fiber shafts.  I love the new clubs and my elbow doesn't hurt when I play.

Maybe I got lucky

Hope this helps

Bill

• Like 3

Driver: Ping G410+
Fairway Wood: Ping G410  
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0  50*, 54*, and 58*
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball
Ball: Snell MTB-X

I am a big fan of GolfTec, but more specifically the individual coach I work with.  I tell everyone that goes to GolfTec, find the website specific to the location you're going to, and you should be able to locate the bios of the coaches there.  If you simply call and ask for a fitting, you'll get someone randomly assigned, but if you review their bios you can at least get an idea of their credentials and then specifically ask for that person when you call.

Also, one other thing to be aware of...some places will apply the cost of the fitting to the club purchase if you buy from them.  GolfTec doesn't.  Just something to consider.  I got fit for my 919's through them last time out and I had a great experience.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver