Jump to content

2020 Official Member Review: Titleist TSi Drivers


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Got out on Torrey Pines yesterday, south course. It was so foggy (<75 yds of visibility) we had to yell out all clear to the group behind when leaving the green for the first 7 holes before it burned off. The conditions made for quite a challenging start, plus those fairways are so tiny right now! I actually drove the ball well but still only found 5 fairways, with a few that were thisclose to the short grass but nestled down in the thick stuff. They had cut the rough down from the Farmers tourney in most places, but it's still extremely thick, wet, and penalizing.

The highlight of my day was all TSi: on the par 5 #18 I hit a nice high, tight fade that peeled off of the left bunkers into the left side of the fairway at about 280 total distance. Then from 244 out, on an upslope and needing 230+ to carry the pond to a back right pin location, I hit probably the smoothest, purest feeling 3 wood I have ever hit; it elevated easily off of the upslope with the babiest of baby draws, carried around 235, took one soft bounce and settled ~20 ft below the hole for an eagle putt. I missed that slider low but tapped in for a closing birdie and 38 on the back for an 82. It was one of those shots that literally makes your entire day (although hitting on a Tampa Bay & under parlay was a nice nightcap 😄).

Image result for tin cup i nutted that one

I'm still loving the TSi3 driver but the TSi2 3 wood is quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag. I have never had this much confidence in a fairway wood. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Titleist TSi3 – Official MGS Forum Review by TSauer Intro Good afternoon, hope y’all are staying safe and having a great holiday season! Let me kick this off by introducing myself, I a

@Golfspy_CG2 and the fine folks at Titleist have set me up to get fitted here tomorrow...I am officially the luckiest SOB on this site! MUCH more to come very soon...

Review and results of my fitting on 10/22/2020 Showed up to my Titleist Thursday fitting at the Golf Club at Newcastle about 20 minutes early. Skipped warm-up with irons, so went straight to warm

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Got out on Torrey Pines yesterday, south course. It was so foggy (<75 yds of visibility) we had to yell out all clear to the group behind when leaving the green for the first 7 holes before it burned off. The conditions made for quite a challenging start, plus those fairways are so tiny right now! I actually drove the ball well but still only found 5 fairways, with a few that were thisclose to the short grass but nestled down in the thick stuff. They had cut the rough down from the Farmers tourney in most places, but it's still extremely thick, wet, and penalizing.

The highlight of my day was all TSi: on the par 5 #18 I hit a nice high, tight fade that peeled off of the left bunkers into the left side of the fairway at about 280 total distance. Then from 244 out, on an upslope and needing 230+ to carry the pond to a back right pin location, I hit probably the smoothest, purest feeling 3 wood I have ever hit; it elevated easily off of the upslope with the babiest of baby draws, carried around 235, took one soft bounce and settled ~20 ft below the hole for an eagle putt. I missed that slider low but tapped in for a closing birdie and 38 on the back for an 82. It was one of those shots that literally makes your entire day (although hitting on a Tampa Bay & under parlay was a nice nightcap 😄).

Image result for tin cup i nutted that one

I'm still loving the TSi3 driver but the TSi2 3 wood is quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag. I have never had this much confidence in a fairway wood. 

Sounds like a fantastic end to an awesome day. That driver is just so sweet

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!

As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.

Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

  • Like 8

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!

As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.

Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

Sounds like a good fitting! Can’t wait to see what ya do on course with it when ya get it

  • Like 1

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!

As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.

Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

Oh my. I don’t need a new boom stick...

  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Sounds like a good fitting! Can’t wait to see what ya do on course with it when ya get it

Yeah I'm excited to try it in the 65 @ 45" I feel like shorter shaft is easier for me to have a more neutral swing path vs swinging way in to out. Averaging 280 total would also be really nice lol, but I'm most impressed with the dispersion. Played the 10 degree head lofted up a little, slightly flatter, and was just hitting missiles up the right-middle

2 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Oh my. I don’t need a new boom stick...

Yes, yes you do.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Yeah I'm excited to try it in the 65 @ 45" I feel like shorter shaft is easier for me to have a more neutral swing path vs swinging way in to out. Averaging 280 total would also be really nice lol, but I'm most impressed with the dispersion. Played the 10 degree head lofted up a little, slightly flatter, and was just hitting missiles up the right-middle

Yes, yes you do.

I cut to 45” too I love it. It’s helped with my hip clearing too, if anything mentally. We’ll see if it stays. Did you just swing the sim and TSI? Any other shafts stand out or just the tensei? What were you spinning the 2 at?

  • Like 3

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I cut to 45” too I love it. It’s helped with my hip clearing too, if anything mentally. We’ll see if it stays. Did you just swing the sim and TSI? Any other shafts stand out or just the tensei? What were you spinning the 2 at?

2 was the first head we tried since it's closest to Max. I'm not a high spin player so normally I need the spin, but the TSi 2 was spinning in the 2600 range and kinda floating. The 3 wasn't ultra low but did knock it down by 200 RPM on average.

I've always gotten along with the Tensei Blue, I played the first AV in my Epic Flash and hit it well. That was at 45.5 and the extra half an inch seems to make me swing more right. Doesn't seem like enough to matter, but apparently it does which is why fitting is such a valuable experience. The Tensei definitely "kicks" more for me, which makes me feel like it's faster, but I was trying to not get caught up in the numbers too much. It's easy for me to get lost in the sauce because I'm a stats nerd.

Excited to try it again in 2 weeks, maybe I'll have an MPH or two more to bring now that I've started Superspeed again.

  • Like 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, yungkory said:

2 was the first head we tried since it's closest to Max. I'm not a high spin player so normally I need the spin, but the TSi 2 was spinning in the 2600 range and kinda floating. The 3 wasn't ultra low but did knock it down by 200 RPM on average.

I've always gotten along with the Tensei Blue, I played the first AV in my Epic Flash and hit it well. That was at 45.5 and the extra half an inch seems to make me swing more right. Doesn't seem like enough to matter, but apparently it does which is why fitting is such a valuable experience. The Tensei definitely "kicks" more for me, which makes me feel like it's faster, but I was trying to not get caught up in the numbers too much. It's easy for me to get lost in the sauce because I'm a stats nerd.

Excited to try it again in 2 weeks, maybe I'll have an MPH or two more to bring now that I've started Superspeed again.

2600 spin 🤦‍♂️ What’s that like lol

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, yungkory said:

2 was the first head we tried since it's closest to Max. I'm not a high spin player so normally I need the spin, but the TSi 2 was spinning in the 2600 range and kinda floating. The 3 wasn't ultra low but did knock it down by 200 RPM on average.

Curious what your launch, aoa and descent/land angle and apex/peak height were for both heads.

200 rpm really isn’t that big of a difference and is quite common within the same same head based a small change in face contact. To have a ball not not float at 2400 with the 3 but float with the 2 there had to be some other differences

  • Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, yungkory said:

Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!

As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.

Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

Nice! I am still enjoying mine. I think it checks every box that a driver can check, and the level of adjustability for the fitter to get me dialed in makes me feel confident that I have a club well-suited for me. 

That's not to say it's got any magic properties! I had a rough day this weekend off the tee on a tough course (Barona Creek), and I actually switched to 3w for the back nine because it was dry and rolling out plenty. I think it was more related to the margaritas I had on Friday night before the early Saturday round though 😐.

  • Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Nice! I am still enjoying mine. I think it checks every box that a driver can check, and the level of adjustability for the fitter to get me dialed in makes me feel confident that I have a club well-suited for me. 

That's not to say it's got any magic properties! I had a rough day this weekend off the tee on a tough course (Barona Creek), and I actually switched to 3w for the back nine because it was dry and rolling out plenty. I think it was more related to the margaritas I had on Friday night before the early Saturday round though 😐.

Barona played kinda tight on the bag. I found lots of bad spots the one time I played there. Had a little more hook on 18 into the green with a hybrid and got a little wet

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Barona played kinda tight on the bag. I found lots of bad spots the one time I played there. Had a little more hook on 18 into the green with a hybrid and got a little wet

Yeah, one of my absolute favorite courses, but definitely offers a big test for both the boom stick and the flat stick.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* w/ Graphite Design AD IX 7X

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi2* 17* w/ Atmos Blue 85x  

Utility: :ping-small: i500 3i (19*) w/ MMT 125tx

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Curious what your launch, aoa and descent/land angle and apex/peak height were for both heads.

200 rpm really isn’t that big of a difference and is quite common within the same same head based a small change in face contact. To have a ball not not float at 2400 with the 3 but float with the 2 there had to be some other differences

I didn't bother looking at the numbers towards the end of the fit because she said I should come back and try the AV blue in 65g once she gets it in, but I was slightly down from my normal AoA of ~2 up likely due to not having a tee tall enough in the mat. I could tell it was too low because all of my misses were out of the bottom of the face. Gonna bring a longer tee in 2 weeks and then I'll pay more attention to TM numbers. 

  • Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I didn't bother looking at the numbers towards the end of the fit because she said I should come back and try the AV blue in 65g once she gets it in, but I was slightly down from my normal AoA of ~2 up likely due to not having a tee tall enough in the mat. I could tell it was too low because all of my misses were out of the bottom of the face. Gonna bring a longer tee in 2 weeks and then I'll pay more attention to TM numbers. 

Thanks. Will be interesting to see what your numbers are. Getting 2400-2600 off the bottom face where spin is going to be higher it should be closer to 2k in the middle to upper half

18 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Yeah, one of my absolute favorite courses, but definitely offers a big test for both the boom stick and the flat stick.

I had a good time playing there. Definitely makes you work on the greens

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2020 at 12:03 PM, TSauer said:

Titleist TSi3 – Official MGS Forum Review by TSauer

 

Basic Characteristics – 18/20

 I have really been enjoying the flight I have been getting with this club and setup. Lots of mid/lower launching trajectories and piercing flights… something that I’m not used to seeing but have always been searching for. I’ve been able to control that fade that I like and have adjusted the SureFit to H2 to keep things that way. As far as distance goes, I am getting about the same distance as I was with the Mavrik, except mishits with the TSi perform a lot better and still end up being pretty good shots that I am happy with. My Mavrik mishits weren’t terrible, but I can tell that the TSi just edged it and performed a hair better in that area. I’m loving all of the customization, it makes it easy to dial it in and get the club to work for you. I will say the 16-way hosel does get a little confusing when you’re looking at their chart, but it gets easier to comprehend the more you look at it.

 

On-Course / LM Performance – 27/30

I can sum up this category in just a couple of words… it performs. I was finding myself hitting more and more fairways and leaving myself in great positions for those next shots to the green. Like I mentioned before, I had very high expectations of Titleist and they met and exceeded every one of them. It’s definitely made stepping on the tee box a little less intimidating. I enjoy how easy it is to adjust the weight on the club and they should definitely continue that tradition on models to come. The one thing that I can’t decide on if I like or not is the SureFit hosel adjustments. There are so many different routes you can go when adjusting this that it can get confusing if you were to just grab one off the shelf without getting fitted. I personally enjoy the simpler hosels that allow you to change just the loft by a degree in both directions.

 

 

Final Score – 86/100

 

Did you find the TSi3 to be forgiving enough for what you were looking for compared to your previous gamer? Just curious as reading your intro I was assuming you may have had a showdown with the TSi2 during the fitting. It seems as the adjustability of the TSi3 paid off in the end

:titelist-small: TS3 9.5 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White or King Cobra UT 18.5 with KBS C Taper

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-GW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM7 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex stiff

:odyssey-small:  Double Wide Stroke Lab 2019 with Super Stroke Tour 3.0

:Snell: MTB-X Golf Ball or Vice Pro Plus

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

Leupod Gx2i3 Rangefinder

Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!
As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.
Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

I’m still ok with the TSI2 but just OK. I still carry the G410+ jacked to 13* for a modified 3w. Occasionally I end up playing with the G410 more due to carry over the FL hazards/water.
I would like a limited height withdrawal TSi2 but can’t deny the increase distance it gives.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 9:26 PM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

 

Welp.....I've tried on 2 occasions now the epic lineup:  speed is too light, MAX is too round looking 

But the MAX LS......lower spin, higher ballspeed and same tight dispersion as tsi2....8-10yds longer on monitor. 

Next step is to get on course 

 

Only the gbb epic 2017 has given a run at TSI2.....getting another shaft into TSI2 to see if it helps with some very slight spin issues.....shaft in it (reign silver ) is accurate but can't keep up with distance gains of epic/ attas combo......major negative with that combo is into the fan.....really high and stinky

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely going to end up with a TSi3 after today's fitting. Better on misses with the TSi over the SIM Max, getting my misses out there 250 total is something that I could definitely benefit from. Gonna go again in a couple weeks because she wanted me to try the stock Tensei 65 at 45" but didn't have it in her fitting bag. Surprised to end up in the 3 because I would've fit myself in a 2, however it was spinning too much. We completely eliminated the left side of the range which is another bonus. Told me to turn it over as much as I could and it resulted in a nice 10y draw from center!
As usual with the HZRDUS line, it felt like a board for my weak noodle arms and I couldn't launch the ball.
Testers still hitting bombs and enjoying your drivers after the honeymoon phase?

I’m just catching up. Nice to see another person going with the TSi3! Yes, still getting some mega-enjoyment out of mine. Going to try to get back on the course soon to see if the gains in the weight room translates!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester and Proud Owner

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies 2 (15*) 

5-Wood:  :adams-small: Tight Lies 2 (19*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

 

Only the gbb epic 2017 has given a run at TSI2.....getting another shaft into TSI2 to see if it helps with some very slight spin issues.....shaft in it (reign silver ) is accurate but can't keep up with distance gains of epic/ attas combo......major negative with that combo is into the fan.....really high and stinky

TSI2, now with STOCK tensei blue 55R , just reclaimed top Dawg spot......confident fairway finder .....might not be as long downwind but consistency is where this club shines.....also found that a level tee height works much better than too high of a tee......

 

I'M BACK !!!!! says the TSI2 .......welcome home says me

Edited by TMAG-FIREMEDIC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...