Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win

2 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

People that are very successful in any field are not friends with the rest of the World, their driven single minded arrogance and don't have friends like us. They don't function in our world that's why they live in exclusive expensive communities, as a result of that we think their idiots dicks etc but their extremely rich and don't care what we think...

Norman isn’t wealthy because of some single focused mental ability. He is wealthy because of his golf skill. He smartly parlayed that into branding, but it comes down to his golf persona. 

And there are super wealthy people who aren’t arrogant and unethical.

Read about the problems with his club in Florida. Read how he took advantage with his best friend’s wife. He just seems like a bad guy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Shipnuck has to be a idiot thinking he'd be welcome at a Livgolf event, But as he's a bottom feeder just looking for free publicity that's why he was there. Lucky he didn't get slapped around lol...

He is a credentialed member of the press. He should expect to be able to be there without getting physically removed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Shipnuck has to be a idiot thinking he'd be welcome at a Livgolf event, But as he's a bottom feeder just looking for free publicity that's why he was there. Lucky he didn't get slapped around lol...

Yeah that’s hilarious, the thought of a well respected golf journalist being physically abused for doing his job. Why on earth did you think this was something even remotely worthwhile or appropriate to post given everything we’ve been talking about????

• Like 6

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

People that are very successful in any field are not friends with the rest of the World, their driven single minded arrogance and don't have friends like us. They don't function in our world that's why they live in exclusive expensive communities, as a result of that we think their idiots dicks etc but their extremely rich and don't care what we think...

In my experience this is way too broad a statement.  Due to our business I have personal interaction with more than a few mega millionaires and most are very good to deal with.  A few have developed into friends after working with them for a few years.  We are far, far away from their economic status so it's not like they view us as financial equals that are worthy of their time.  (They have seen my work truck and been to our house so they know we aren't on their $$ level 😄 )  They are genuinely nice and treat people with respect.

I have also worked with people on the other end of the economic scale and they act like the "idiot dicks" you describe and also don't care what we think unless it supports their self serving agenda.  None of them live in exclusive expensive communities so in that regard they are different than GN.  I usually learn fairly quickly what they are like and either turn down the first project or decline any follow up's.  

People can be turds no matter the status of their financial bottom line or position in society.  

GN's arrogance is properly summed up by his blatant lie about not knowing about Shipnucks ejection while staring at it happening.  I would bet he was the one to order it.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

This is what the PGA Tour reminds me of right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9º (Mitsubishi Diamana PD Stiff)

3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 15º (Fujikura Ventus Red 5 Stiff)

Hybrids: Taylormade Stealth 19°, 22º, & 25º (Fujikura Ventus Red 7 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 6-Attack (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 52º (True Temper Tour Issue S200), Vokey SM8 56S (True Temper AMT Black Stiff) 

Putter: Odyssey 11 Center Shaft

Ball: Taylormade Tour Response, Titleist AVX, Titleist ProV1

Fitted for Driver, 3w, and Irons.

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

20 hours ago, TBS said:

Something that I just heard - Even if LIV events can't win you any/much OWGR points, LIV could make their "World Golf Rankings". Giving points to players on all tours and then create a series of majors with Purses that are out of this world. They can then use their ranking system to invite players from all over the world to compete. I know history and tradition is what everyone hopes keeps the current majors but majors are only what they are if it has the best players. 

With as much money as LIV has, it can literally recreate anything. 

Following up on the majors conversation. US Open and Open Championship have pretty clear entry guidelines and I don't see that changing.

PGA Championship - meh, we'll see what happens but I also think that these players would be okay not playing in this major

Masters - Could have the biggest impact BUT look who is with LIV - Sergio, Charl, DJ, P Reed, Phil, (possibly Bubba) all winners. 7 winners out of the last 13 years... A ban there could actually hurt that tournament. 

LIV is in the drivers seat unless Monahan has a few tricks up his sleeve.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

I threw on LIV for a little while this morning. Its not terrible. Turned to the RBC Canadian Open because I have fantasy players in play and more overall players I would prefer to watch play.

• Like 4

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

Maxfli Tour

All I know this would be a great documentary about LIV vs PGA ...

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

1 minute ago, Nolan220 said:

All I know this would be a great documentary about LIV vs PGA ...

You are on to something there...

• Like 2

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 939X 4H

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

Maxfli Tour

Just now, Hobert said:

You are on to something there...

someone is prob already starting to collection data for this .. very interested in how this all plays out .. PGA might be in trouble

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Regardless of anyones side on this tour and how it impacts the future of golf both PGA and otherwise there is no doubt it has done a great job of stiring the pot to get lots of people talking about the game. 

I don't agree with its whole grow the game, but the overall publicity that has gone along with it has certainly been a boost for the golfing world in discussion and chatter. 

Just look at this thread alone as it has 20 plus pages in really not that long and as a follower of this thread I'm getting a ton of notifications on it at all times. 

• Like 7

⛳🛄 as of Oct 31, 2022 (Past WITB
Driver:   TBD: Follow here: Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: King SZ 3 wood 15.5*

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 4 iron or others....

Irons:     :Sub70: Sub70 659 TC Raw 5-Aw w/ KBS Tour 90 Stiff Black PVD

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:     :taylormade-small:/:titleist-small: (currently testing)

Other:     :Arccos: 

1 hour ago, TBS said:

Following up on the majors conversation. US Open and Open Championship have pretty clear entry guidelines and I don't see that changing.

PGA Championship - meh, we'll see what happens but I also think that these players would be okay not playing in this major

Masters - Could have the biggest impact BUT look who is with LIV - Sergio, Charl, DJ, P Reed, Phil, (possibly Bubba) all winners. 7 winners out of the last 13 years... A ban there could actually hurt that tournament. 

LIV is in the drivers seat unless Monahan has a few tricks up his sleeve.

If all the majors just keep their existing requirements and the LIV events give none to few ranking points, pretty soon we would see fewer LIV players in at least three of the four majors. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FrogginBullfish said:

If i had Photoshop skills i would put a pinochio nose on GN and have his pants on fire in this pic! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

They really played into Shipnuck's hand by kicking him out. He's there to make LIV look bad and build his personal brand, and he's finding success at both.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - PXG 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :cobra-small:Radspeed 5-GW, KBS $-Taper Lite S
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV