Liv Golf Central Thread: Events and News

Thin2win
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

We haven't had to say this in a while, but as a reminder to all that we are keeping this thread to the golf/signings and related content.

We are not going to get into the politics of it all and where the money is coming from etc.

If you wish to comment on that aspect of it all please feel free to do so on other platforms. Not here.

While much of LIV has become more accepted over the years there are still those who feel strongly against it and the backing. We respect all those who are both for and against LIV, however will not tolerate going into the weeds of all the "other stuff"

If you are not sure whether you should post something either ask a mod or don't post it. 

As we have before we will continue to moderate, remove or edit posts that go against our moral code and members will receive alerts or warnings to follow.

Thank you

Forum Staff 

Golfers in NZ don't think too highly of GN either, plus at 67 his body is rocking. Most rich guys live the good life get fat drink too much booze etc..

I read here GN is finished with Liv golf, and if he is he's got a exit plan where he gets a HUGE payout. He'll just continue with his other businesses, no drama...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

20 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Golfers in NZ don't think too highly of GN either, plus at 67 his body is rocking. Most rich guys live the good life get fat drink too much booze etc..

I read here GN is finished with Liv golf, and if he is he's got a exit plan where he gets a HUGE payout. He'll just continue with his other businesses, no drama...

So it’s more than him not being born American. People everywhere don’t like people that carry themselves like Norman. It has nothing to do with where he was or wasn’t born. That’s just an excuse people use when they lack any real argument in a debate 

i have always liked greg norman because of his great golf game and record , also because he is not a bobble-head or a meto-meto-meto person , he has done a lot for liv golf and all players ( liv and pga ) , i don't see haw a ex ceo of taco bell and former taylormade ex could or would help the game or players , i don't think sa could have picked a better person to run things , norman for sure is not in it for the money  , he is for the players first ., 

49 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So it’s more than him not being born American. People everywhere don’t like people that carry themselves like Norman. It has nothing to do with where he was or wasn’t born. That’s just an excuse people use when they lack any real argument in a debate 

It's more of the green eyed monster ...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

27 minutes ago, shootmyage said:

i have always liked greg norman because of his great golf game and record , also because he is not a bobble-head or a meto-meto-meto person , he has done a lot for liv golf and all players ( liv and pga ) , i don't see haw a ex ceo of taco bell and former taylormade ex could or would help the game or players , i don't think sa could have picked a better person to run things , norman for sure is not in it for the money  , he is for the players first ., 

GN has been looking for an opportunity to prove he could do a better job of rewarding the organ grinders NOT the monkeys...

Looks like he has, the players are making $$$$

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

GN has been looking for an opportunity to prove he could do a better job of rewarding the organ grinders NOT the monkeys...

Looks like he has, the players are making $$$$

i really don't understand why so many people don't like noman , if i was worth a trillion dollars and wanted to start any golf tour or golf enterprise norman would be perfect , someone show me someone  that has --  created over 100 golf courses in 34 countries--had his own golf club company --  won over 90 golf tournaments world wide -- does not have his feet cememed into any golf tour -- young enough to run it ..

2 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i really don't understand why so many people don't like noman , if i was worth a trillion dollars and wanted to start any golf tour or golf enterprise norman would be perfect , someone show me someone  that has --  created over 100 golf courses in 34 countries--had his own golf club company --  won over 90 golf tournaments world wide -- does not have his feet cememed into any golf tour -- young enough to run it ..

It has nothing to do with his money or wanting to start another tour. It’s his attitude and how he talks. To put it nicely he’s a clown

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It has nothing to do with his money or wanting to start another tour. It’s his attitude and how he talks. To put it nicely he’s a clown

I'd add Australian men are different to nearly every other country in the world, I lived in Sydney for 33 years and to start with I didn't like them either. But i learnt that you give as good as you get and your good as gold there, I'm guessing that's like the rest of the world but Australians are different, I'm don't know what it is but after you've lived there it suddenly becomes clear...

12 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

This exactly. Pretty much most Aussies know he's an arsehole and always has been.

3 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'd add Australian men are different to nearly every other country in the world, I lived in Sydney for 33 years and to start with I didn't like them either. But i learnt that you give as good as you get and your good as gold there, I'm guessing that's like the rest of the world but Australians are different, I'm don't know what it is but after you've lived there it suddenly becomes clear...

Because we don't suffer bullshit and will call you out on it. We're pretty up front and most people don't like that because they're probably a bit coddled and soft.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

4 hours ago, MattF said:

This exactly. Pretty much most Aussies know he's an arsehole and always has been.

Because we don't suffer bullshit and will call you out on it. We're pretty up front and most people don't like that because they're probably a bit coddled and soft.

That sounds like most of the Seniors Guys in FL.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, MattF said:

Sounds like I'm more Aussie than you mate...

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

Sounds like I'm more Aussie than you mate...

Probably just rubbed off on you living there for 30+ years.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

23 hours ago, shootmyage said:

I think when you are ever at the top in the world in anything, you show an extra level of confidence in everything you do. Norman does that, but that is what I've always liked about him. He has always been brutally honest, even while at the top of his game, whereas players like Tiger would barely give an interview or anything insightful when he was on his run. Norman is much more human to me and is out for the success of the players and not a tour.

6 hours ago, MattF said:

Probably just rubbed off on you living there for 30+ years.

Sydney was real good to me, loved Australia...

16 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I think when you are ever at the top in the world in anything, you show an extra level of confidence in everything you do. Norman does that, but that is what I've always liked about him. He has always been brutally honest, even while at the top of his game, whereas players like Tiger would barely give an interview or anything insightful when he was on his run. Norman is much more human to me and is out for the success of the players and not a tour.

Norman doenst care about the players, he cares about himself and getting paid.

He sold the players a bill of goods to get them to jump. Now they are all complaining about losing owgr points because they can’t play on the pga tour.

He told them that they wouldn’t be suspended and that the tour couldn’t do that. The players for whatever ignorant reason believes him. They also saw the big dollars. Greg is only concerned with tearing down the PGA tour and that has been his goal for along time. Only those with fanboy syndrome can’t see it

norman has a net worth of over $300 million  , i doubt he is in it for the money , he does have a fallout with the pga  and loves the power he has now , in his mine he thinks the pga has has been taking advantage of the players for many many years , as does mickalson , i do think norman/phil knows more about the pga than anyone on this forum .

norman and phil  have done more than anyone ever with the pga new high $$$ and treatment of the players .

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

norman has a net worth of over $300 million  , i doubt he is in it for the money , he does have a fallout with the pga  and loves the power he has now , in his mine he thinks the pga has has been taking advantage of the players for many many years , as does mickalson , i do think norman/phil knows more about the pga than anyone on this forum .

norman and phil  have done more than anyone ever with the pga new high $$$ and treatment of the players .

Why do people think that those with money don’t do other things for money. Those with money still want more of it. 

48 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Why do people think that those with money don’t do other things for money. Those with money still want more of it. 

money is power , when you have a lot of money the more power you have ,.

look at rory m. now saying norman should go , without norman liv would lose a big chance of a great tour , everyone that hates liv should hope norman goes ., rory knows this also .

please all the norman / liv haters put up a couple names that are more qualified than norman .

Edited by shootmyage

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

money is power , when you have a lot of money the more power you have ,.

look at rory m. now saying norman should go , without norman liv would lose a big chance of a great tour , everyone that hates liv should hope norman goes ., rory knows this also .

please all the norman / liv haters put up a couple names that are more qualified than norman .

The bold is just the opposite of what you posted earlier and prove my point.

Mike Whan would be a far better person to run LIV. But remember LIV’s goal is to take over golf from the established tours. There’s only one person who had that dream and that’s Norman. He used money and lies to get pga players to leave the tour to join liv with them ignorantly believing they wouldn’t lose the ability to play on the pga tour while also being prt of LIV, whether he believed that or not will never be known, but he is manipulating these players for his benefit and not theirs.

“There's a few things that I would like to see on the LIV side that needs to happen,” McIlroy said on Tuesday. “I think Greg needs to go. I think he just needs to exit stage left. He's made his mark, but I think now is the right time to sort of say, look, you've got this thing off the ground but no one is going to talk unless there's an adult in the room that can actually try to mend fences. Then things can happen. But right now, it's a stalemate because there can't be any other way.”

... I still don't understand why the golf publications continue to cover LIV information at about a 3 to 1 ratio of all other tours. Must be the Jerry Springer effect. I have stated before I never click on the LIV bait but more than a few must or they wouldn't be constantly writing about it in spite of:

“Fewer than 1,000 people were concurrently watching the Facebook Live feed for much of the first two rounds this weekend, while LIV Golf’s YouTube channel was at or above 60,000 viewers for much of Saturday’s second round. On the course, there were far fewer people. Event officials didn’t announce attendance, though most estimates suggested only a few thousand spectators. Tickets sold for $75 per day but could be had on the secondary market for $1 apiece (plus $5.05 in fees via StubHub).”

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

46 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Mike Whan would be a far better person to run LIV. But remember LIV’s goal is to take over golf from the established tours. There’s only one person who had that dream and that’s Norman. He used money and lies to get pga players to leave the tour to join liv with them ignorantly believing they wouldn’t lose the ability to play on the pga tour while also being prt of LIV, whether he believed that or not will never be known, but he is manipulating these players for his benefit and not theirs.

i said to a person with 300 million money is power , not what they can do with it , i would bet norman would do what he is doing at liv for zero dollars

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

i agree with the money norman gave the players , that's awful to give golfers money to play golf , but please post some lies norman told them , talk about a great lawsuit.

Edited by shootmyage

1 hour ago, shootmyage said:

i agree with the money norman gave the players , that's awful to give golfers money to play golf , but please post some lies norman told them , talk about a great lawsuit.

Read the posts above. He lied telling them they couldn't get suspended by the PGA Tour. 

2 hours ago, LICC said:

Read the posts above. He lied telling them they couldn't get suspended by the PGA Tour. 

2 hours ago, LICC said:

could you put up the link , i can't find it anywhere , i even googled and could not find it ,thanks

3 hours ago, shootmyage said:

It’s been discussed in this thread, use the search function. They all were under the impression that they wouldn’t get suspended because Greg told them that. Greg is out for Greg and his agenda. Sorry you are too blind to see it.

4 hours ago, shootmyage said:

i said to a person with 300 million money is power , not what they can do with it , i would bet norman would do what he is doing at liv for zero dollars

And her he’s hasn’t told them to not pay him or returned the money has been paid or better yet given it all to charity.

you keep posting yet say nothing useful in this thread 

58 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s been discussed in this thread, use the search function. They all were under the impression that they wouldn’t get suspended because Greg told them that. Greg is out for Greg and his agenda. Sorry you are too blind to see it.

And her he’s hasn’t told them to not pay him or returned the money has been paid or better yet given it all to charity.

you keep posting yet say nothing useful in this thread 

what would be useful ? that i hate liv and i will never watch it but i will say how bad it is , i hate 54 holes of golf  and no cut , liv should never get points  , i am so happy now that i am in the click .

Edited by shootmyage