Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2023 Srixon Introduces All New ZX MK II Woods

Golfspy_CG2

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Jan. 4, 2023 — SRIXON®, a global leader in high quality golf equipment and innovation, announces the launch of the new ZX Mk II Woods. Delivering tour-level performance and revolutionary energy transfer to the tee box, it’s time to discover how your power goes farther with the all-new ZX Mk II Woods.

image001.jpg

“With ZX Mk II, we’ve built upon the foundation of success with the previous generation,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development. “Rebound Frame is a unique ball speed system that delivers a pure transfer of energy into the golf ball at impact. The result is an entire driver head that works in unison to deliver an unprecedented rebound effect that delivers maximum ball speed and ultimately, more distance.”

The all-new ZX Mk II Woods provide more power where it counts – at impact. A stronger Rebound Frame design with dual flex zones delivers a seamless energy transfer from the clubface through the golf ball.

Rebound Frame’s two flex zones work harmoniously to generate enhanced ball speed and distance: Zone 1, the Driver face, deforms inwardly at impact. Zone 2, a ring of flexibility offset from the face, deforms outwardly. When these two zones snap back to shape just after impact, the compounded energy transfer is more powerful and efficient than standard designs. Overall, Rebound Frame adds a 10% larger High COR area to the Driver faces compared to the previous generation.

Meanwhile, the ZX Mk II Drivers feature a variable thickness face pattern that is 0.25mm thinner at its center and 0.4mm thicker at the perimeter than last generation. These refinements add even more COR across the face for added ball speed and distance off the tee.

The ZX7 Mk II Driver delivers total control, allowing golfers to easily produce the launch conditions needed for maximum workability off the tee. The ZX5 Mk II Driver provides total confidence, with a larger footprint, flattened shape, and a rear weight placed low and deep for drives that launch high and straight.

New to this generation, the ZX5 LS Mk II Driver features a forward-placed, adjustable 8g weight that keeps spin low for players seeking to maximize distance above all else.

The ZX Mk II Fairway Woods and Hybrids feature similar foundational technologies as the drivers that seek to deliver more ball speed and greater distance from anywhere on the course. The entire line of ZX Mk II Woods offers world-class shafts as standard options with Project X HZRDUS Black Gen 4 and Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX shafts.

Key Technologies:

Rebound Frame: Rebound Frame’s Dual Flex Zones focus more energy into the golf ball at impact, creating a purer energy transfer that instantaneously increases ball speed and distance on every strike.

Star Frame Crown: A complex series of ridges and latticework provides the structural integrity necessary to feature a remarkably thin titanium crown and to place discretionary mass where it best suits each ZX Mk II Driver’s ideal launch and spin characteristics.

Variable Thickness Face: An intricate variable thickness pattern expands the high COR area across the entire driver face. These unique ridges enhance high COR from heel to toe by improving how energy reflects into the ball on off-center shots.

Cannon Sole: A dynamic, floating weight pad on the Fairway Woods moves the weight right where you want it without reducing COR, optimizing launch while also allowing space for improved face flex and ball speed.

Deeper CG: The new shaping and design of the ZX Mk II Hybrids allowed us to position more mass deeper in the clubhead, raising launch for higher, longer shots. A new face radius – spanning from the leading edge to the crown – provides more consistent spin on shots struck high or low, giving you more dependable distance from shot to shot.

Retail Information and Pricing

Pricing: ZX Mk II Series Drivers ($499.99)

ZX Mk II Fairway Woods ($279.99)

ZX Mk II Hybrids ($249.99)

Lofts: ZX7 Mk II Driver (9.5°, 10.5°), ZX5 Mk II Driver (9.5°, 10.5°), ZX5 LS Mk II Driver (8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5°), ZX Mk II Fairway Woods (13.5°, 15°, 18°, 21°), ZX Mk II Hybrids (17°, 19°, 22°, 25°, 28°)

U.S. Retail Launch Date: January 20, 2023

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I would be lying if I said these didn't really catch my eye. I did already see one review on them and it was solid, however this could be a great underdog performer this season!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Bennet will be hitting "publish" soon enough - but here are some inside deets...

1. The LS version has a very good shot of going in the bag for '23 - it's going up against the Titleist TSR3.  For at least one round earlier this week, the LS was the winner.

2. Srixon ditched the carbon fiber crown from previous generation to go back to titanium. It's ultra-with a Star Frame support structure (first used by XXIO). It helps stiffen the stiff portion of Rebound Frame even further. The sound is higher pitched than what you'd get with a carbon crown, but it's not objectionable. 

3. LS version has a sole weight forward, behind the face to move the CG forward - and it has a heavier stock shaft - HZRDUS Smoke black, same as ZX7 - to achieve low spin status. 

4. Standard ZX5 has sole weight in the back for launch and forgiveness, and lighter HZRDUS Red RDX shaft. Liked this one, just not as much as the LS version. 

5. ZX7 has swappable weights in the back to alter ball flight - make it more draw or fade bias. It's 460 cc like the other two, but has what OEMs call a more "tour preferred shaping"

6. Hideki - a notorious tinkerer, is gaming the LS. Lowery is gaming the ZX5. Koepka - who dumped his previous gen ZX7 and Z-Star Diamond just before last year's US Open - is playing a  Tour-only LS version of the ZX7. He's also gaming the new Z-Star Diamond. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have never hit a Srixon club, and while I have no plans of taking my TSi3 out of the bag this year, I can't say I won't be intrigued to get to a shop nearby and give one a whirl. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Already on order..  8.5° LS and fairway wood to match...  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Bennet will be hitting "publish" soon enough - but here are some inside deets...

1. The LS version has a very good shot of going in the bag for '23 - it's going up against the Titleist TSR3.  For at least one round earlier this week, the LS was the winner.

2. Srixon ditched the carbon fiber crown from previous generation to go back to titanium. It's ultra-with a Star Frame support structure (first used by XXIO). It helps stiffen the stiff portion of Rebound Frame even further. The sound is higher pitched than what you'd get with a carbon crown, but it's not objectionable. 

3. LS version has a sole weight forward, behind the face to move the CG forward - and it has a heavier stock shaft - HZRDUS Smoke black, same as ZX7 - to achieve low spin status. 

4. Standard ZX5 has sole weight in the back for launch and forgiveness, and lighter HZRDUS Red RDX shaft. Liked this one, just not as much as the LS version. 

5. ZX7 has swappable weights in the back to alter ball flight - make it more draw or fade bias. It's 460 cc like the other two, but has what OEMs call a more "tour preferred shaping"

6. Hideki - a notorious tinkerer, is gaming the LS. Lowery is gaming the ZX5. Koepka - who dumped his previous gen ZX7 and Z-Star Diamond just before last year's US Open - is playing a  Tour-only LS version of the ZX7. He's also gaming the new Z-Star Diamond. 

Love with Barbs drops some deets!!  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Sneaky news for me, New Z Star Diamond... not a surprise but all Ballnamic fittings gave me that as the top option, so good to know.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I got mine a few weeks back, and it's honestly awesome. The sound is very loud in an old school titanium way, and it looks better than the last generation. 

I got the Zx5 LS  at 8.5° with an X flex Velocore Ventus Black shaft and it's definitely performing as billed. It's interesting, the weight, while fairly center, actually is slightly to the left of the ball for the right-handed golfer. Ive been fortunate enough to hit many of the big manufacturers' flagship sticks over the last couple of seasons, and I'm honestly blown away by this thing. 

The fairway woods also look better than the last version of the ZX. I haven't had a chance to get the full report on it yet, but I'm much happier with the less Adams Idea looking crown on this model.  I'm happy to play these, no doubt. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

3 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Already on order..  8.5° LS and fairway wood to match...  

can’t wait to hear your thoughts. I have a G430 lst coming Saturday but this was the other driver that I really wanted. I just haven’t been able to find one yet other than from Japan. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

image.png

https://mygolfspy.com/srixon-zx-mk-ii-drivers/

Not to be forgotten among all the Callaway launches today we have our MGS Blog Srixon article live to go through! 

SRIXON ZX MK II DRIVERS – KEY TAKEAWAYS

Three new driver models, including a low-spin option

New QuickFit retail fitting program

$499.99, available at retail Jan. 20

WIll this make your short list on products to test this year?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

So here are some poor quality in hand pictures I took in the pro shop today before leaving work. 

First, the driver: 

IMG_20230105_143904278_HDR.jpg.f387c723546aab9765d6419f78eb448d.jpg

IMG_20230105_143817695.jpg.5d70ca9000e1dac3decba352fd553a20.jpg

I've only hit a few shots with it, and of course the tee mark is a little off, but that's a temporary problem. 

IMG_20230105_143753577_HDR.jpg.ead76a57a7ec360c44b94b89e62c5299.jpg

Head over is nicer than the last generation, with white inlays down the side. 

I got the strong 3, and the crown aesthetics are certainly more pleasing to me than the ZX.IMG_20230105_144252097_HDR.jpg.57c9f7533010c6fd3d15358657bc5d7f.jpg

IMG_20230105_144306083.jpg.5602844d293b12d978f66b53b671629c.jpg

IMG_20230105_144341388.jpg.dde05d6ab8f74b6e999b3f78aff60a29.jpgThe weather was crap today, and this was the first time I was back at the course since the official launch. I'll be honest, all of the gear this year is top notch, there's more to come, too. If anyone has questions or wants other pictures, I've had the technical stuff from Srixon for a while on this year's launches, so ask away. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

I got to hit the ZX5 LS on the range, and for me it was a high straight launcher!! I didn’t have a launch monitor, but I hit it compared to my 💎💎💎 beast. It was slightly higher, a tab bit more carry, but I cannot stress this enough straighter. Now I have my driver setup to fade, but with the ZX5 LS, the ball just never seemed to curve. I played the zx7 last year and loved it, this was better. It is going to be sneaky good, I will not be surprised to see it pop up in most wanted. I also love the matte crown. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

On 1/4/2023 at 4:19 PM, blackngold_blood said:

can’t wait to hear your thoughts. I have a G430 lst coming Saturday but this was the other driver that I really wanted. I just haven’t been able to find one yet other than from Japan. 

FedEx tracking says Tuesday....

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

On 1/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, MmmmmmBuddy said:

FedEx tracking says Tuesday....

Here..  Off to the range.mk2.jpg.dd09646dd9c9502ad082c35911705fa6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great shots!

Any @address pics of the Fairway Woods? Looking to see how they look at address with the ball, since they aren't adjustable and I can't crank them open with the wrench if they feel/look a bit closed

Very much looking forward to seeing these in the flesh, along with the Driver lineup!

Driver - Srixon ZX5 (10.5*) - TT Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 

FW - PING G425 LS - 3W (14.5*) - Mitsubish Tensi Orange AV-65 - Stiff

Hy - PING G425 3h (19*) - PING ALTA CB 70 - Stiff

Irons - Srixon Z-Forged (4-PW) - Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 - Tour 120- Stiff

Wedges - Cleveland RTX-4 (52-10 MID) & Vokey SM8 - 56-14F & 60-04L

Putter - Rife Island Series Cayman Brac Phantom - 33 inches

I recently went in for a driver fitting. I told the fitter I was looking at Titleist, TM, Ping, or Callaway. The second driver he gave me was the ZX5 LS. Honestly when he handed it to me my original thought was….really….Srixon? It immediately felt good and the numbers matched. Not to mention it setup very nice to my eye. Not super flashy but I don’t like anything too busy.

As the fitting went on we kept coming back to that one and it was the clear winner for me. 

Anyways I was pleasantly surprised and I have a driver and 3 wood on order now.

Edited by pkroetsch

Phil Kroetsch

North Dakota Golfer