2023 TaylorMade Launches Stealth 2 Carbonwood Driver Line

Golfspy_CG2

One year ago, TaylorMade Golf Company transformed the trajectory of driver technology with the groundbreaking Stealth Carbonwood™ drivers, featuring the first-of-its-kind lighter and faster 60X Carbon Twist Face™. After a strong year in the marketplace and on professional tours across the world, carbon-face driver performance is just getting started as TaylorMade introduces the Stealth 2 Plus, Stealth 2 and Stealth 2 HD drivers.

Stealth 2 Carbonwood drivers combine the speed of Stealth with technological advancements that create a new level of forgiveness.

image.png

THIS IS FARGIVENESS

Building on the speed producing success of the original 60X Carbon Twist Face that optimized energy transfer for fast ball speeds, the new face design in Stealth 2 features an advanced version of Inverted Cone Technology (ICT). The new ICT is designed to maintain ball speed on off-center strikes and increase forgiveness, or as we like to call that combination: Fargiveness.

A more pronounced ICT produces a thinner face on the edges and a thicker center face, engineered to spread speed around the perimeter. Stealth 2’s face weighs just 24g (2g lighter than the original Stealth face) and is designed to have an expanded COR area for a larger sweet spot and boosted performance across the entire face.

“There are two main ways to produce forgiveness in a driver, by optimizing the face and by optimizing the body. Building off the 60X Carbon Twist Face in the original Stealth that led to ball speed gains for golfers across various skill levels, with Stealth 2 we challenged ourselves to bring more forgiveness in each of the three models. We accomplished that through introducing our modified face construction focused on forgiveness on the outside of the face, and a brand-new carbon-based modular body construction.”

Tomo Bystedt, Senior Director Product Creation

image.png

THE MORE CARBON THE BETTER

Stealth 2 is the first driver in TaylorMade’s history that has more carbon (including composites) than any other material by volume. TaylorMade has gradually increased the usage of carbon over the last five years and when compared to first generation Stealth there is a 75 percent increase in carbon in Stealth 2 Plus and nearly double in Stealth 2 and Stealth 2 HD.

What does more Carbon mean? More Carbon creates more discretionary mass that can be re-located for a higher Moment of Inertia (MOI) and optimal CG location. The additional carbon has enabled our engineers to increase total MOI in the Stealth 2 Plus driver by nine percent from Stealth Plus. 

Carbon is seen in Stealth 2 drivers with a: Carbon Crown, Carbon Reinforced Composite Ring, Carbon Sole and the 60X Carbon Twist Face. The only parts made of metal in Stealth 2 clubheads are the titanium collar on the front of the club that holds the hosel and frames the face, and front and rear weights that vary by model. 

The added Carbon Reinforced Ring provides constructional strength, durability and mass savings that allowed engineers to form a more complex and functional shape. 

“The modular carbon body construction of Stealth 2 represents our commitment to carbon as the leading material in every TaylorMade driver we produce. It was clear that the breakthroughs we had with Stealth were just the beginning in terms of the performance we can extract from this technology platform. A primarily carbon-based head construction is revolutionizing where we are able to position mass in a driver and this allows us to finely tune the launch, spin and MOI in each of the three Stealth 2 driver models.”

– Tomo Bystedt, Senior Director Product Creation

GROUNDBREAKING TECHNOLOGY REMAINS

Stealth 2 maintains various technological innovations that made the original Stealth driver a powerhouse at all levels of golf. 

The 60X Carbon Twist Face is encased by a polyurethane nanotexture cover that is used to fine tune launch and spin to optimize total distance regardless of playing conditions.

The Inertia Generator remains the foundational source of refined aerodynamic properties. The result is a slippery-fast head shape that aids in swing speed generation on the downswing while retaining high MOI, for golfers at every level. 

TaylorMade’s flexible Thru-Slot Speed Pocket™ design is engineered to maximize ball speeds and produce additional forgiveness on low-face strikes.

Our engineers obsessed over creating the perfect acoustics with Stealth 2 in order to produce a sound and feel that TaylorMade drivers are known for. We used a combination of carbon panel curvature, shape, and thickness to finely tune acoustics, delivering a sound profile that is both bright and powerful. 

PERFORMANCE COMPARISON OF STEALTH 2 PLUS, STEALTH 2 AND STEALTH 2 HD

STEALTH 2 PLUS

image.png

Because of weight savings from the usage of carbon materials, engineers were able to incorporate the use of a 15g sliding weight track designed to help golfers dial in shot shape by shifting mass on the sole to create the desired ball flight. Stealth 2 Plus is the lowest spinning driver in the family. 

STEALTH 2

The reconstructed Stealth 2 driver delivers high MOI performance with a heavy 25g tungsten weight positioned on the Inertia Generator. The TSS (TaylorMade Swingweight System) weight is strategically located on the sole to encourage optimal launch and spin properties, delivering complete performance while allowing the driver to be tuned for swingweight in custom. The carbon ring on Stealth 2 and Stealth 2 HD stands out, as it is completely red and visible at address unlike Stealth 2 Plus.

STEALTH 2 HD

image.png

Engineers utilized weight savings from the full-body carbon construction to shift the Inertia Generator with its heavy 30g weight closer to the heel in Stealth 2 HD, creating high launch and draw-bias with extreme MOI. Stealth 2 HD is the most stable and forgiving driver in the family. 

STEALTH 2 HD WOMEN’S

image.png

Featuring a lighter head weight than the standard HD model and a unique colorway, Stealth 2 HD Women’s driver is designed to enhance clubhead speed. It maintains the high MOI head design for easy, high launch with a draw bias.

SPECIFICATIONS, AVAILABILITY AND PRICING

Stealth 2 Plus, Stealth 2 and Stealth 2 HD drivers will be available for preorder on January 10 and at retail on February 17.

Stealth 2 Plus has an MSRP of $629.99 USD and will be offered in 8°, 9° and 10.5° lofts. Shaft offerings include Mitsubishi Kai’li Red 60 (X, S, R) and Project X HZRDUS Black (Gen 4) 60 (X/6.5, S/6.0). Stealth 2 Plus comes stock with Golf Pride’s Z-Grip Plus 2 Black/Red (52g).

Stealth 2 and Stealth 2 HD have an MSRP of $599.99 and will be offered in 9°, 10.5° and 12° lofts. Stealth 2 shaft offerings included Fujikura Ventus Red TR 5 (S, R, A) and Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60 (X, S, R). The Stealth 2 HD shaft offering is Fujikura Speeder NX Red 60 (S) and 50 (R, A). Both models come with Golf Pride’s Z-Grip Plus 2 Black/Red (52g) grip.

Stealth 2 HD Women’s comes in 10.5° and 12° lofts with Adila Ascent Ladies 45 shaft and Lamkin Ladies Sonar (38g) grip.

For all offerings, numerous custom shaft and grip options are available through our Custom department. The custom process allows us to build the ideal club for any golfer - it’s not women’s equipment or men’s equipment, but the right equipment.

MYSTEALTH 2 PLUS – IN YOUR ELEMENT

image.png

TaylorMade continues its investment in personalization with the MyStealth 2 program to allow golfers to have advanced personalization in the Stealth 2 Plus Model:

Face Color: Red, Black, Yellow, Blue, Light Blue, Bright Green, Pink, Orange, Purple

Ring Color: Red, Black, Gold, Silver, White, Charcoal

Crown Finish: Gloss or Matte

Top Line: Black or White

Sightline: Logo or No Logo

Weight Colors: Black or Silver

Custom MyStealth 2 Headcover

MyStealth 2 has an MSRP of $729.99 and is offered in the Stealth 2 Plus model in 9° and 10.5° loft in both RH and LH. Preorder for MyStealth 2 begins January 10 at TaylorMadeGolf.com and is available at select retailers starting February 17.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Gotta say - I’m a little shocked how much I like the look of that. Didn’t LOVE the first iteration, but…maybe it’s just growing on me. 

can’t wait to hear what the testers think of the performance - “Fargiveness” is pretty clever, if groan-inducing. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

image.png

MGS Blog Article: Stealth 2 Driver Launch

Here is Tonys full review on them. 

Personally I think it is a huge improvement on looks from last year, however we will have to wait to see in person as that should be the real test. Man this is a fun time of year!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I think they look great. Im sure they’ll perform well too. The Stealth, for me….wasn’t very forgiving. I guess why I ended up going TSR2. You can hit that thing all over the face (to a point) and not lose a thing. If this is as “fargiving” as they say, I’ll give it a shot.

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

Gratuitous Photo Time!

Stealth2_Driver_faces.png

Stealth2_Driver_profiles.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-1.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-2.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-3.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-4.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-5.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-6.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-7.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-8.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-9.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-10.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-11.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-12.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-13.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-14.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-15.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-16.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-17.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-18.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-19.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-20.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-21.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-22.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-23.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-25.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-26.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-27.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-28.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-29.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-30.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-24.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-31.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-6.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-4.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-1.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-2.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-3.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-5.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers_bnr-1.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers_ftr-1.png

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I'm not looking for a driver this year but out of all the drivers this year, this one really catches my eye.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Hey @GolfSpy_APH - just wanted to point out to one of the mods (and since you're here, it's YOU! 🙂 ) that the main article seems to be missing the pricing info:  Figured someone over at HQ could amend (I think it's $629/599? Am I remembering correctly?)

image.png.199eebc82f88ab2dba744ee64623c52a.png

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

39 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Hey @GolfSpy_APH - just wanted to point out to one of the mods (and since you're here, it's YOU! 🙂 ) that the main article seems to be missing the pricing info:  Figured someone over at HQ could amend (I think it's $629/599? Am I remembering correctly?)

image.png.199eebc82f88ab2dba744ee64623c52a.png

Note it on the comments of the article. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to edit their stuff. I will send a note off about that tho!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

can’t wait to hear what the testers think of the performance - “Fargiveness” is pretty clever, if groan-inducing. 

It is a great driver. I would say better feel than the v1.0 on miss hits. The prior iteration kept the ball speed when I missed the center but didn’t have the greatest feel. IMO most of the top OEMs have equal products,
Just have to figure out the look you like and if you want to go with a stock shaft, which one has the best feel.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Fargiveness?  I guess the guy that came up with Rocketballz-ier and Speed Police snuck back in the building

I wonder if we’ll have to “Loft Up” next? I guess if they offer one in 14*, we’ll know.

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

The red they added to the back of the regular and hd models Look fantastic. Looking forward to seeing these in person. I didn't jive too well with the original stealth, but doesn't meant I won't give this a try.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I’m getting the old Nike Black/Red driver vibes… Covert I think it was.

83515DB2-6EFA-41ED-9BA9-E775CE6DFFDE.webp.07debfd5ea2e74eb08e3ea6d0e3d6336.webp

But seriously, one year… ONE YEAR!  And already a new driver.  Feels like TaylorMade never really gets it right on the first try.  Wait wait wait wait, this time it’s even better!  1yr later… wait wait wait, now it’s even better!

I’m not saying people shouldn’t try it or buy it if it works for you, it’s just a turn off for me when TaylorMade does this so much. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

4 hours ago, DriverBreaker said:

I’m getting the old Nike Black/Red driver vibes… Covert I think it was.

83515DB2-6EFA-41ED-9BA9-E775CE6DFFDE.webp.07debfd5ea2e74eb08e3ea6d0e3d6336.webp

But seriously, one year… ONE YEAR!  And already a new driver.  Feels like TaylorMade never really gets it right on the first try.  Wait wait wait wait, this time it’s even better!  1yr later… wait wait wait, now it’s even better!

I’m not saying people shouldn’t try it or buy it if it works for you, it’s just a turn off for me when TaylorMade does this so much. 

I mean most all other companies are pretty close. Callaway does. Srixon, Ping, Titleist are on 18 month cycles. 

If this was Jetspeed era yes I would agree it seemed like ever 6 to 8 months they had a new one coming out and it was too much, however a new one each year isn't bad. It is how the market is and is also what a lot of consumers expect at this rate. 

It does give me nike vibes, but more in the fairways. 

As for getting it right, with new tech and new cycles there will always be areas where they find improvement. I would like to think that is a good thing as at least they are not just running back an old model repainted. 

However that is just my thoughts. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Gratuitous Photo Time!

Stealth2_Driver_faces.png

Stealth2_Driver_profiles.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-1.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-2.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-3.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-4.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-5.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-6.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-7.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-8.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-9.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-10.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-11.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-12.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-13.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-14.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-15.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-16.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-17.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-18.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-19.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-20.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-21.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-22.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-23.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-25.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-26.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-27.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-28.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-29.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-30.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-24.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-31.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-6.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-4.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-1.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-2.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-3.png

SQ_TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers-5.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers_bnr-1.png

TaylorMade_Stealth2_drivers_ftr-1.png

This is a seriously good looking driver. Last year I wasn't sold on the red face, still looks a little like an electric hot plate to me, but the Stealth 2 is an improvement all around.

Can't wait to see one in person and have a hit.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I mean most all other companies are pretty close. Callaway does. Srixon, Ping, Titleist are on 18 month cycles. 

If this was Jetspeed era yes I would agree it seemed like ever 6 to 8 months they had a new one coming out and it was too much, however a new one each year isn't bad. It is how the market is and is also what a lot of consumers expect at this rate. 

It does give me nike vibes, but more in the fairways. 

As for getting it right, with new tech and new cycles there will always be areas where they find improvement. I would like to think that is a good thing as at least they are not just running back an old model repainted. 

However that is just my thoughts. 

I get it, it’s almost like iPhone releases.  It’s just not what I personally vibe with.  100% just my opinion and I acknowledge that. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

I definitely prefer the aesthetics of the Stealth 2 vs. the original. I like the gloss crown vs. matte, and I like what they did with adding some more red with the ring. My pro shop carries Taylormade clubs, so I will probably give one a demo run this year just to see how it plays. I hit my TSi3 much better than the Stealth last year, but it's always fun to give it a try when available. When they released it last year I absolutely HATED the red face, but I had to eat crow when I saw it in person because it really did set up well behind the ball.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The red they added to the back of the regular and hd models Look fantastic. Looking forward to seeing these in person. I didn't jive too well with the original stealth, but doesn't meant I won't give this a try.

They look really good in the personalization shop on their website 

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

16 hours ago, RCGolf said:

I wonder if we’ll have to “Loft Up” next? I guess if they offer one in 14*, we’ll know.

Early sneak peak of next year's model 😉  

image.png

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Early sneak peak of next year's model 😉  

image.png

Forgot to switch out to the 430 model. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

• 3 months later...

I actually came here to ask if anyone has compared the spin from a Stealth Plus vs. the Stealth Plus 2, but got distracted by the hilarious edit of the SLDR. 

Back to my original train of thought before it leaves the station. I have a Stealth Plus 8* cranked down to 6* in the bag right now. I was fit for it by Club Champion. Despite the long fitting and multiple low launch/low spin shafts in my garage that I cycle through, I still can't seem to keep the spin down. I'm totally fine with the launch between 13-15*, but even with a 5* angle of attack up, I am still spinning the Stealth Plus a lot. Wondering if they fixed the higher spin on the carbon face for the Stealth Plus 2.

• Driver: image.png.c67e4844d8a191f8afb6a4e307a65ffa.png Stealth 8* turned down to 6* X-Stiff, Graphite Design Tour AD XC-6
  • 3 Wood: image.png.a1548764b69c6d3406f6f9f1ab1acd22.png Sim 14* X-Stiff, Aldila Rogue Silver
  • 2 Iron/2 Hybrid: Mizuno image.png.e2dedc2a71191940659367b8fac460ef.png MP-20 HMB, Graphite Design Tour AD; image.png.f066373041037bed32d08e715a7127f2.png Forged Tec set to 17* X-Stiff, Catalyst 6.0
  • P-4 Irons: image.png.d0a79f435e2331981ac11a33dd54e77a.png MP20, Dynamic Gold X100 
  • Wedges:  image.png.5e4bb78c97a6cf70133b4dfd9b768747.png Vokey SM9 50 degree 08F, 56 degree 08M and 60 degree 08M
  • My Putter: image.png.dce9f23e6ed6368fab8361d0c072c157.png B.2, LA Golf Shaft
  • Ball: image.png.0ca81de9028caab738d4428af820440f.png AVX
  • 5.3 Handicapped; Right Hander; from Salt Lake City, Utah

I had the stealth plus 1 and now have the stealth plus 2.. I preferred the 1 I think. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I dont know why, or what has changed or maybe it is just me being rusty. But, I do not get along well with the stealth 2. I hit the stealth 1 better than any driver I have in years! I was very confident in it.. It is really weird to me.. Still trying to work it out. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_2466.jpeg.c221d9b3f2e96e5dfe3268c5f6f33c80.jpegI have been gaming the stealth since last March and hitting it fairly well. It’s very forgiving but still a bit spiny for me. A ball change helped resolve that issue.

Went for a fitting a few weeks ago. Tried five different drivers and a few head/shaft combos within those driver types. Ended up with the Stealth 2 with a similar shaft to what I had but an inch and a half shorter.

IMG_2467.jpeg.be1b8afcbf6c8801be65065fe3573f57.jpegWhile the stealth was forgiving I can’t speak to the forgiveness of the stealth 2 because I haven’t really miss hit it yet. 🙂 The shorter shaft has me on or around the sweet spot far more frequently.

I picked up 12 yards of distance with a tighter dispersion pattern at the fitting. First outdoor session with it on the range held at about that same gain. Interestingly the longest drive that I hit with the Stealth 2 was 9 yards longer than the longest one that I hit with the Stealth - 

IMG_2472.jpeg.862ea81acf4c57cb20d4f1d38911613f.jpegIMG_2469.jpeg.ee44ec46d084d0f62e03b7eb14dca0ce.jpegThe stealth 2 has an appealing classic look to my eye. The sound/feel is significantly different from the stealth - whether or not it’s better is going to be up to the individual.

For me it’s a significant upgrade. I found the same thing with the Paradigm btw - those 2 strode out above the other drivers that I tried during my fitting or have demo’d the past few years.

A couple of fitting comments or things I’ve gleaned from them. While these drivers are adjustable every fitter I’ve spoken with has said it’s best to keep the loft at neutral if at all possible. I went with a shorter shaft because it’s what I was fit for. I don’t believe my last two fitters pages d enough attention to shaft length. Those fittings were outside and they went with visual ball flight plus carry distance rather than where I was impacting the ball on the club. When I asked about length they said I was fine with what I was hitting. It’s interesting to me that I’ve been fit for a shorter driver shaft at every indoor fitting that I’ve had except one. I’m in the camp of trying to get the shaft right from the factory because that insures proper swing weight and look.  If you don’t want to get fit I think there are apps and sites to recommend the right shaft length for you based on static measurements.

Last thing - my fitting lasted an hour and a half from warm up to end. The driver I ended up with was the very first one that the fitter handed me. I like that golftec checks the driver when it comes in to be sure that you get what was ordered. 

I will be playing my first round with the new driver tomorrow. 

IMG_2473.jpeg

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 4/17/2023 at 11:35 AM, thechrisgibbs said:

I actually came here to ask if anyone has compared the spin from a Stealth Plus vs. the Stealth Plus 2, but got distracted by the hilarious edit of the SLDR. 

Back to my original train of thought before it leaves the station. I have a Stealth Plus 8* cranked down to 6* in the bag right now. I was fit for it by Club Champion. Despite the long fitting and multiple low launch/low spin shafts in my garage that I cycle through, I still can't seem to keep the spin down. I'm totally fine with the launch between 13-15*, but even with a 5* angle of attack up, I am still spinning the Stealth Plus a lot. Wondering if they fixed the higher spin on the carbon face for the Stealth Plus 2.

Im miles from being an expert but extra stiff shaft speed and a AVX ball could be a contributor to your problem. Plenty of golf buddies swap sleeves back and forth to try , maybe look at something designed to spin less.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag