Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Tiger said when he wasn't nervous/anxious on the first tee he would stop competing. Over simplified it just means you still care. I remember my first time auditioning for a major motion picture and I was so nervous I am not sure I remembered to breathe. I never experienced anything like that playing QB at any level. But the more I auditioned the better I got at managing my nerves. They never go away of course because it can mean so much but they stopped derailing my chances of being cast (shooting an 80 between a 68 and 67) after about the 5th time. 

... So now I enjoy the "rush" and think the Eagles said it so well in Desperado "Your losing all the highs and lows ain't it funny how the feeling goes away". Give me anxiety over comfortable every time.  

thanks for that @chisag... 

committed to performance excellence

10 minutes ago, Coachbutt said:

Anxiety comes to us in many forms but not often enough to be secure in its presence. In our overly gray world where right and wrong, success and failure can be very opaque, the great game holds us in the black and white.For to succeed under intense pressure can bring gratification, also the knowing that it could have gone the other way in that same instant keeps us grounded. Eagles quote " I don't know why Fortune smiles on some and let's the rest go free". Play the Game.

Isn't that the truth, trying to figure out "why fortune smiles on some" I think goes back to genetics, some athletes are born with the ability to thrive under those anxious times, in my opinion these are the elite. No secret sauce just that athlete. 

I sat at the Provincial hall of fame dinner this past December and the male inductees were well deserving of the award however not even close to the resume of the National hall of famer in the crowd. 

So what made him the best, what was his superpower? I have asked many great players that went head to head with him and the answer mostly was "he was a fierce competitor" "and a real gentleman" 

Something like Jack Nicklaus I suppose. 

committed to performance excellence

13 minutes ago, Coachbutt said:

Eagles quote " I don't know why Fortune smiles on some and let's the rest go free".

... Nice, that song is a sad anthem for us old hippies from the 70's. As much as some like to malign the Eagles (mostly due to their ballads) I think they have penned lyrics for just about every situation in life. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

43 minutes ago, chisag said:

As much as some like to malign the Eagles (mostly due to their ballads) I think they have penned lyrics for just about every situation in life. 

Lyrics from Hotel California - that was some weird s**t. Regardless, I still love the song and their work. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

@Kenny B glad to hear you are back home and doing better.    Maybe bring the putter with you today and roll a few!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Good morning everyone. Got the Apple TV connected and my first round on the Rapsodo in the books. Still have some tweaks to figure out but Bandon Trails was fun. Can’t wait to get out there for real in June. Another cold day but a glimmer of hope exists to get on a practice green after lunch to get some more testing in with the Odyssey. Hope everyone has a great Saturday with plenty of golf. 

I went over to play Bandon Dunes one January day a few years ago.  A bitter wind howling off of the Pacific and spitting a little rain greeted us as we drove into the parking lot, we teed off anyway after putting rain gear on. By the third hole a full on Pacific Northwest winter storm rolled onto the course. Horizontal rain and at times big fat wet snowflakes but we soldiered on and worked our way through all 18 holes. I cannot say much about the course other than the greens seemed huge and most of the time had rivers of water running somewhere through them. I have never been so happy to walk off an 18th green in my life as I was that day. Took me two days to get warmed up. We had to take half hour shifts driving the 4 hours back to the Bend area in central Oregon. Everyone was so worn out from the thrashing the weather gave us no one deemed it safe to drive much longer than that.  Oh yeah the topper on a truly miserable day was Santiam Pass, our route through the Cascades, and a windy mountain two lane highway was covered with 6 inches of fresh snow and getting deeper all the time. 

I never went back.... 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos: