Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

2023 MGS Forum: Cobra 50th Anniversary Special!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow the TESTING POST links to go straight to the testers introductions, unboxings and final reviews!

Testing King Tour CB MB
@chisagTESTING POST - Page 11

@Tom the Golf NutTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing Forged Tec & Forged Tec X
@sirchunksalotTESTING POST - Page 12

@CFreddieTESTING POST - Page 12

Testing AeroJet Irons
@Jnoble89TESTING POST - Page 12

@JerryBTESTING POST - Page 12

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM 1!  Sam, Chris, and Jason are this year's Cobra Member Special Champions!

image.png

Which team is going win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is going to win the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special?

• Team 1: chisag, CFreddie, and Jnoble89
    • Team 2: Tom the Golf Nut, sirchunksalot, and JerryB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2023 at 03:59 AM

49 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Back home to relax for the night before tomorrow’s rounds. We need to win both and have a couple other teams win in our flight to get into the playoff. I don’t think I can hit woods any worse so that is a plus. Irons were overall pretty solid. Steak dinner was excellent, and the tee gift was great as well. A dozen TP5 or TP5X Pix!

... Ok not bad news at all:

Who cares how you hit woods NOW, that part of the challenge is over and we WON!

Irons are solid? GREAT for the next challenge! 

Free TP5 Pix? Another WIN!

Best of luck tomorrow for your 4th WIN!!!   

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

Missing mini golf challenge is hard but work is work right! 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

@sirchunksalot, it appears you will win my challenge because my body has straight up given up on me the last 24 hours. One day we will play putt putt against each other and find out the truth, it just won't be this week over the internet 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

11 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

@sirchunksalot, it appears you will win my challenge because my body has straight up given up on me the last 24 hours. One day we will play putt putt against each other and find out the truth, it just won't be this week over the internet 

I hope you get to feeling better @Berg Ryman. Rest up buddy, taking care of yourself is more important that a competition and there's always a chance to compete in the future. 

... My King Vintage Sport-60 review is posted. Anyone up for some Putter Three Card Monty? 😎

CPuttersaddress.JPG.1a35d1b12e273d8a819b3c9a8261c8b4.JPG

Got my mini golf round in this morning.  Not a lot of free time this week and I couldn't talk anyone into joining me.  My sister-in-law just had back surgery so my wife and older daughter are spending time with her this weekend.  Owen and I had an outing yesterday and he's busy today.  My youngest is too cool to join me and no amount of bribery would convince her otherwise, lol.  

Took a quick photo before the round but otherwise I just got in and out as quickly as possible.  Being the single middle aged guy among two families with little kids made me feel a little awkward and under no circumstances was I going to pull out my phone and raise any "inappropriate behavior" flags!

Putting is a weakness of my game and being a little nervous didn't help my score.  Playing a big mallet putter was odd.  On a bright note, they redid all the greens last year; last time we'd been there was maybe five years ago and everything was really dingy then.  Much nicer now.

IMG_20230709_101638688_HDR.jpg.2c31d606d2423d3138c26bf8c5e89ac8.jpg

IMG_20230709_122044690.jpg.852ea1c6ecce45d0b70b5e5fbffc032e.jpg

IMG_20230709_122053417.jpg.fe23f0696d65ecec81820193abd83aed.jpg

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

@chisag, great review and I'm glad the Sport 60 fell right into a rhythm in your bag. Putting is so personal that it's sometimes hard to fathom changes and I'm happy it's performing great for you.

@JerryB, thanks for the recap of the mini golf round. I can't imagine how awkward you must have felt bring out there all by yourself. 

11 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

@chisag, great review and I'm glad the Sport 60 fell right into a rhythm in your bag. Putting is so personal that it's sometimes hard to fathom changes and I'm happy it's performing great for you.

... Thanks. Before moving to Phoenix and experiencing grainy Bermuda greens, I very rarely changed putters and played my Bobby Grace 6330 for over 10 years. But these difficult greens changed that and I have used more putters in 3 years than I have the 40 or so years while playing in the Midwest. I thought I was set with my Cleveland 11S mallet but with no roll technology it was always subject to a challenge. Originally I was going to try a more radical Cobra mallet putter but after taking my Nike 07 out for a practice round I realized how much I missed a blade putter and of course the Nike has roll face tech. I am hoping when winter rolls around the Sport-60 will perform as well as it has on summer greens and stays in my bag for years to come. 

Day two is a wrap at the member/guest at my club and both myself and my uncle played much better. We won both matches, and had to perform under pressure in match one by winning the last two holes to get the point. I wish I’d have been striking the ball as well as I did today yesterday, as I think we’d have squeaked out at least a half point in one of the two matches we lost and would have had a shot. We ended with 3 points and in the event of a tie breaker with another group, they had the head to head. Woods were super inconsistent but I did hit some good drives and 3 wood off the tee throughout the weekend. Iron striking, particularly the 6 iron which I am ECSTATIC about, was solid. I could never hit anything higher than a 7 well in my previous set. I also found my new punch club with the 6 iron. 

All in all, it was a super fun weekend of golf and I think it’s going to become an annual event my uncle plays in with me. 

Only negative was from yesterday when playing against another group, and the member of that one was just a jerk. I think he thought he was being funny, but he was ribbing me about losing balls, losing count of my strokes on a particular hole (which I didn’t do but he felt the need to keep track of everyone’s strokes), etc. I didn’t appreciate that. I don’t think he meant it in a mean way, but there’s better ways to be funny. I wanted to tell him to @$!@ off but I kept my composure. He also played from the gold tees even though he clearly was skilled enough to play from the whites, but was in his early 70s if I had to guess so it is what it is. Hoping I don’t have to come across him again on the course or in any events. Rant over. Lol. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

My putter review is up. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

11 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Only negative was from yesterday when playing against another group, and the member of that one was just a jerk. I think he thought he was being funny, but he was ribbing me about losing balls, losing count of my strokes on a particular hole (which I didn’t do but he felt the need to keep track of everyone’s strokes), etc. I didn’t appreciate that. I don’t think he meant it in a mean way, but there’s better ways to be funny. I wanted to tell him to @$!@ off but I kept my composure. He also played from the gold tees even though he clearly was skilled enough to play from the whites, but was in his early 70s

... Great round for you and your uncle! 🤗 Absolutely some gamesmanship from the Judge Smails wannabe because you just don't do that in a competition. You can be funny after the round but I am the first to have some fun with my pards on the course but wouldn't "rib" a friend about losing balls because that would just be mean spirited. So yea, guy was a jerk. 

12 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Great round for you and your uncle! 🤗 Absolutely some gamesmanship from the Judge Smails wannabe because you just don't do that in a competition. You can be funny after the round but I am the first to have some fun with my pards on the course but wouldn't "rib" a friend about losing balls because that would just be mean spirited. So yea, guy was a jerk. 

He was definitely an A$$hole and threw a couple temper tantrums on the course too where he’d hit a bad shot and two hand tomahawk slam his club on the ground. He said he’s a USGA rules official for state amateur events so I’m not sure if it’s a holier than thou thing or what, but he was a jerk. He was perfectly nice to my uncle who is a lower handicap but was giving me a hard time every once in awhile.

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

#LeftyGang

15 minutes ago, chisag said:

The comment that really ticked me off was on our last round yesterday, I hit a tee shot that I didn’t realize went OB with a white stake area. It was a decent shot but the ground was super dry and it was out by maybe a foot. So I had to go back and re tee. He was in the group behind us and said “I’d never have guessed Jason hit one OB.” Just a prick lol. I laughed it off and striped a 3 wood and went on my way

#LeftyGang

6 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

The comment that really ticked me off was on our last round yesterday, I hit a tee shot that I didn’t realize went OB with a white stake area. It was a decent shot but the ground was super dry and it was out by maybe a foot. So I had to go back and re tee. He was in the group behind us and said “I’d never have guessed Jason hit one OB.” Just a prick lol. I laughed it off and striped a 3 wood and went on my way

... For future reference, nothing an azzhat hates more than being ignored. Nothing good, nothing bad just completely ignored. It is like the sound of one hand clapping. 😉  

On to a putt putt date with my oldest daughter. Will update later 😁

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I used to play with a gentlemen that acted this exact same way, and it was during a time when I was still pretty new to golf so the ball never went where I wanted. His banter certainly didn’t make the round enjoyable. I’m fine with a few digs here and there when I’m out with buddies, but when a guy is dogging you the entire round, it’s just a jackazz move. 

But, it’s awesome that you ended up winning both matches. That’s a pretty good way to wrap up the weekend! 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

@Jnoble89, I'm glad y'all came back and played well in the final day. It's awesome you got to play with your uncle and I hope that's an annual tradition for the two of you.

I hate you had to put up with a jack wagon with an attitude. I think that would have royally pi$@ed me off. Next year you need to bring a box of tissues for him since he was so fond of throwing temper tantrums. I'm freaking angry with the guy just because he was rude to you. I've never met you in real life, only through the forum and community call and you're a nice guy. 

I honestly probably would have acted the same as you, you're the bigger man than he was. I can't stand people who are rude just for the sake of being rude. 

Rant over. 

1 hour ago, TSauer said:

I used to play with a gentlemen that acted this exact same way, and it was during a time when I was still pretty new to golf so the ball never went where I wanted. His banter certainly didn’t make the round enjoyable. I’m fine with a few digs here and there when I’m out with buddies, but when a guy is dogging you the entire round, it’s just a jackazz move. 

... Nobody loves friendly banter and just having fun more than I do. That said as a leader on most teams, I am naturally supportive. Especially those new to the game or those struggling during a round that need all the support they can get. Sometimes it is as simple as just talking about something else to get their mind off their troubles. When in doubt, keep your mouth shut. 

7 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Putter review is up!

Great stuff @JerryB - mine is up as well!  

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

33 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Putter review is up!

25 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Great stuff @JerryB - mine is up as well!  

... Both you guys killed your putter reviews. Great reads and excellent insight as to why you are or are not keeping them in your bags! 

16 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

For our putt-putt date, we went to what sometimes feels like my second home, the Southwest Golf Ranch, as among the many other amenities, they offer a lovely 18 hole putt-putt course.

... That course looks awesome! Some real putting going on as opposed to my tricked out "not one real putt" glow in the dark course. Your partner looks like more fun than mine too! 🥰

3 hours ago, TSauer said:

But, it’s awesome that you ended up winning both matches. That’s a pretty good way to wrap up the weekend! 

I have no problem with banter either, and honestly if I knew the guy or it was a friend it’s one thing. But I had never interacted with this guy before, so it was just like, what the heck man? 

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

@Jnoble89, I'm glad y'all came back and played well in the final day. It's awesome you got to play with your uncle and I hope that's an annual tradition for the two of you.

I hate you had to put up with a jack wagon with an attitude. I think that would have royally pi$@ed me off. Next year you need to bring a box of tissues for him since he was so fond of throwing temper tantrums. I'm freaking angry with the guy just because he was rude to you. I've never met you in real life, only through the forum and community call and you're a nice guy. 

I honestly probably would have acted the same as you, you're the bigger man than he was. I can't stand people who are rude just for the sake of being rude. 

Rant over. 

Thanks, Jason. I tried my best to not let it bother me. It was comical to watch this guy bash his clubs on the ground. You’d have thought he was playing for the Green Jacket at Augusta. I kind of hope that we end up in the same flight again next year so we get a rematch. We should have halved the round with them at worst but some miscues lost it on the last hole. I want to keep working on improving and then dust the guy. The last jab when I had to re-tee when we weren’t even playing them was what really ticked me off. My uncle thought it was way out of line too so it wasn’t just me. 

Unrelated, but everyone thought my uncle and I were cousins as he’s not much older than me, only about 8 years. My aunt is 17 years younger than my mom, so we are pretty close in age which is a really cool relationship to have and their two daughters are 7 and 10, so not much older than our boys. We have a week off next week and are going to hopefully go to their house in Madison and I’ll get to play a round at his private club with him while my wife and aunt take the kids to the pool at the club for a fun day. 

#LeftyGang

3 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Unrelated We have a week off next week and are going to hopefully go to their house in Madison and I’ll get to play a round at his private club with him while my wife and aunt take the kids to the pool at the club for a fun day. 

... Yea, let's get back to having fun! JNoble and his uncle on the way to their Private Clubs*

(*he has dmentioned about 10 times now 🙄)

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yea, let's get back to having fun! JNoble and his uncle on the way to their Private Clubs*

(*he has dmentioned about 10 times now 🙄)

I am repetitive by nature. Drives my wife insane 🤣

FWIW, I have never had a chance to play a club* like that so I’m excited lol. Kid in a candy shop 😂

*and the course I belong to is a public one 😁

#LeftyGang