Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

When do you show up for your tee time?

When do you show up for your tee time?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. When do you show up for your tee time?

• At least an hour ahead
    • Gimme 15-20 minutes
    • Trunk slammer! 5 min to throw my shoes on and I'm good
    • More than an hour

I have tried it both ways and I have noticed a 3-4 stroke improvement if I go to the range, chip and putt. Ever since I started golfing I have always wanted to get better, so I practice as much as I can. 

I always shoot to be there 20+ minutes early if I’m not going to hit the range. Unfortunately, my playing partners tend to be in the 5 minute side. Just means I get the credit card points for all the tee times and they pay me back 😅

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

For weekend golf we rotate between several courses for variety.  I like to arrive an hour ahead of time to not have to rush.  I would hit a small bucket, chip, putt and catch up with the guys on the group without being stressed.

For the week night golf league I am a trunk slammer who arrives disheveled because I am usually stuck in a meeting until the last minute, run out the door, fight with traffic and run to the tee 😆

Edited by LebanonOz

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5* - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 Regular
:ping-small: G425 3Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Pro 2.0 Hybrid 7 - Regular

:ping-small: G425 5i-PW (bent to old school lofts, similar to Ping's Retro Spec) - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:ping-small: G425 50* wedge - KBS Tour 90 Regular
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 56* - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Black
:odyssey-small: White Hot OG 7S, Garsen Quad Tour non-tapered grip
Titleist ProV1x Left Dash
Shot Scope X5 watch; Bushnell Pro X2 Range Finder

10 to 20 minutes is about what I go for.  That gives me time to get my clubs out, shoes on and check-in.  The course I play most does not have any hitting area.  They do have a practice green that is the size of a dime and perfectly flat, so not much help.  I will do some light stretching at the first tee, then let it fly.

Driver: PXG Black Ops 10.5 (small +) HZRDUS Black Gen 4 6.0

5 Wood TM Stealth 2, 9 Wood TM Stealth 2 (both with MCA Kai'li Blue 70, S-flex) 

Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 (25 degree) MCA Diamana S-flex

Irons: Mizuno PXG 0317T SteelFiber i95 Private Reserve S Flex

Wedges: TaylorMade MG3 (50 degree), Mizuno T22 (55 and 59 degree) 

Putter: Bettinardi 2019 Studio Stock 2 MCA MMT Putter or Meridian Tybee

I like to get to the course an hour before to stretch, hit a few chips, putts, and about 10 iron shots. I prefer to relax and watch a couple groups tee off before we take the tee. 

Bear Down,

Marty

Depends what kind of mood the wife is in. Mostly kidding 🥲

If it’s a new course I’ll get there an hour or more early. If it’s my home track, I’m lucky to get there 30 minutes early and hit some putts ahead of time.

Houston TX handicap 18

Current bag:
Wedges - Vokey 58, 54, 50
Irons - Wilson Staff D9 forged 4-PW
Hybrid - Taylor Made burner rescue 19 degree
3 wood - Calloway Rogue ST max 15 degree
Driver - Calloway Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 degree

I'm a starter and show up for my tee times 30 min early at a minimum.   Guys who show up late when I'm on duty are directed to a corner to wait for the next opening.  This may sound harsh, but when you're dealing with 5 minute tee time intervals, you don't have time for idiots or hand holding.  Clowns who give me crap are directed back to the pro shop for a refund.  None have taken me up on the offer.  If you're not early for a tee time, you're late!

If I am playing my normal weekday round, no matter where, 30 minutes is good just to do some chipping and putting. If I happen to be playing in a tournament, then I will be there an hour ahead of time and hitting some full swings and then chipping and putting.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

I've been having a wide range of arrival time so far this season.  If I'm playing a course for the first time I aim to get there an hour ahead to hit the range and putt/chip before.  But with work + a baby on the way, im also trying to manage my time and have frequently snuck out for a quick 9 first thing in the morning, which usually results in arrival 5-10 minutes before teeing off.  Im trying to note down when I arrive / length of warmup and see if theres any correlation to scores.

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 4 w/ Tensi AV White 75 X-Stiff

3 Wood: Ping i25 w/ Ping PWR 75 Tour X-Stiff

2 Iron: Taylormade 770 w/ MMT 105 Stiff

4-5 Iron: Callaway Rogue ST Pro w/ Modus 120 X-Stiff

6-9 Iron: PXG 311 ST w/ Elevate Tour v2 Stiff

46 Degree: Vokey SM8 F Grind

50 Degree: Mizuno T22 D Grind

54 Degree: Mizuno T22 D Grind

60 Degree: Vokey SM9 M Grind

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport 1.5+

I like to get to any golf outing at least an hour before I tee off. I usually spend 30 minutes on the range, then 30 minutes on the putting and chipping green. That's worked out for me fairly well most of the time. 

I play one 9 hole round every Wednesday night after work with a buddy of mine. I try to leave the home office by 4:30 for a 5:00pm tee time, which makes it tough to get there any more than 20 mins early. Weekends are a different story - 7am tee time? I'll be there at 6am putting and chipping!

Joe Anderson

La Crosse, WI

Driver: Callaway Paradym (10.5 degree, Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 - S Flex)
Fairway: Exotics CBX (15degree, Project X HZRDUS - S Flex)
3H: Exotics CBX (20degree, Project X HZRDUS - S Flex)
4H: Exotics CBX (22degree, Stock Exotics - S Flex)
5H: Wilson Staff D7 (25degree, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 460 - R Flex)
Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL 6-PW (True Temper Elevate 95 - R Flex)
Wedges: Wilson Harmonized 52deg, 56deg, 60deg (Stock Wilson - Wedge Flex)
Putter: Tour Edge Bazooka Pro-4, 35"

Depending on the course I am playing, if they have a full practice facility or just a putting green, usually 30-45 minutes before. Warming up and hitting a few balls, or at least dropping a few putts is nice, but I also just don't like being rushed getting to the course and rocking up to the first tee as I am still trying to put my shoes on.

Cobra LTDx LS 9 Degree

TaylorMade Stealth 3-wood

Cobra King SpeedZone 5-wood

Nike Pro Combo 4-PW 

Callaway JAWS 50 & 54

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey 2-Ball DFX Mallet

I would love to get there an hour beforehand to hit a warm-up bucket, and practice chipping and putting. The reality is that I usually am trying to fit 9 holes into a tight window, and it's all I can do to get there 15 minutes before the tee time so I can hit a dozen practice putts to get a general feel for the speed of the green.

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.

I get to the course 30 minutes before my time.  Get the cart out of the shed and warm up on the driving range, then hit the putting green.

Callaway Epic MAX 9 deg driver

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Callaway Super Hybrid 20 deg

Ping I230 5-PW,UW

Ping glide PRO 54/10

Ping Tyne G putter

It depends on the course but typically an hour plus ahead of tee time.  If the course has a driving range then I add time to shake some things loose on the range.  No range and an hour ahead to roll some putts/chip a bit and stretch.  My home course has no range and first tee is only 50 yds from the clubhouse so an hour is plenty of time.

Edited by GPS111

GPS111

Ideally, I have at least 15-20 minutes hitting putts. I also like to hit a few chips and see how the greens are responding. And then if I can hit a few balls on the range, warm up the swing for 10-15 minutes, that is perfect. So I usually try for about 45 minutes ahead of my tee time, which gives me plenty of time to check in, get loose, and get ready to play. 

TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9Deg, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX

TaylorMade SIM2 3 Wood 15 Deg

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue - 3 19 Deg

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW

Vokey SM9 Wedges 48, 52, and 58 Deg

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5 ( Still have my Fastback No. 1, it is in time out for a bit!)

All carried around in a customized Ping Hoofer Carry bag!

Check out my YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/@maddenbarnes

My swing in slo-mo:

I try to show up 45-60 minutes prior to tee time. Time enough to get some coffee/stretch. Go to the range to do my warm up. All the while talking to others on the range and feel relaxed as I am hitting. Then some time for putting prior to teeing off. Hopefully by that time I am warmed up and have eliminated all the stress of life outside the course!

Ping driver and 4-U wedge irons 

Bettinardi Putter

What I would be interested to see is the time they show up compared to their handicap to see if there is any correlation

TSR2 9° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR and MCC +4, 
TSR2 15° with Tensei AV Xlink Blue 65 TSR and MCC +4, 
2 Iron T200 Utility and MCC +4, 
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B Mezz Max Broomstick

My preference is not listed as an option: 30-45 minutes ahead. I like to leisurely get my stuff out, take a few swings on the range, and chip and putt for a bit before a bit of pre-round socializing.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

I'm in the 20-30 minute range. Gives me enough time to roll some putts and hit a few chips/pitches if allowed, and either split a small bucket with someone on the range (if they have one) or swing my Orange Whip for a bit to get the ol' back stretched out and warmed up.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I usually get to the course about a hour ahead of my tee time. This gives me time to pay and hit a small bucket of balls then chip and putt. If I am playing with friends I usually get there about 45 minutes before. I try to be ready to go early if the groups are teeing off early. 

John Gavazza

I like to get to the course at least an hour before my tee time.  By the time you get your clubs loaded, pay, check in, and then head to the range you have about 40 minutes to chip , putt, and hit balls.  

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

After 20 years golfing, I still get excited to play. I just love being out on the course. I usually take the hour to stretch, chip, putt, and slowly work my through my bag 2-3 shots with every other club. Always end with 3 wood and driver. 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Just need to get the bones moving. Tho I used to really practice before a big round … 30 min range & 30 min putt/chip … NOW I see the futility in it & I simply hit 3 drives, 3-6 irons, 5 min chip & 5 min putt and there’s no diff in my game. 

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X