New to putting advice on fitting and home training aid?

Can't speak to the Scotty, never owned one or really looked into them.

For putting practice the best training aid I have found is the PuttOut. They can be extremely frustrating, but it works. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

So I have a golf simulator with Trackman. I was wondering what is good for home practice when you not out on green? My wife also wants to gift me a Scotty Cameron, is it customizable or pretty standard?
what about fittings? Do/should I get one now or I can generally play with a basic Scotty Cameron blade?

I would go get fit for a Scotty. That way you know you are getting the right one for you and your stroke.

I’ll be curious what others do at home for putting practice. I’ve been working on putting 50 putts every day at home on a little 8 foot putting mat just mainly focusing on hitting straight pots and making a good stroke. So hard to substitute for putting on an actual green.
6 hours ago, Golferpro123 said:

So I have a golf simulator with Trackman. I was wondering what is good for home practice when you not out on green? My wife also wants to gift me a Scotty Cameron, is it customizable or pretty standard?

what about fittings? Do/should I get one now or I can generally play with a basic Scotty Cameron blade?

Depends on what you mean by customization. Length,loft, lie? Then those can be adjusted via an order thru a store that sells scotty.

If it’s for some other type of customization then there are very limited options for customizing a scotty Cameron and they usually come from doing a fitting at the studio and those putters depending on which route you go will cost $2500 to over $10k for circle T. If you bought a moto which is just an off the shelf scotty with a colored grip and paint match that’s ~$600 depending on model. Those can be had either on the scotty website on Mondays which go very fast or in person at the studio.

If she is just looking to buy a scotty Cameron at the story there is no customization and you would have to do it after you bought it.

Yes you should do a fitting to make sure you get the proper length, loft, lie and weight for your swing 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Can't speak to the Scotty, never owned one or really looked into them.

For putting practice the best training aid I have found is the PuttOut. They can be extremely frustrating, but it works. 

Do you use any of the addons or just a matt and the PuttOut?

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Just now, BallsLeon said:

Do you use any of the addons or just a matt and the PuttOut?

The PuttOut I have also had the mirror for setup. I don't have a mat actually, but I have a great think carpet.

The devil ball from PuttOut also got some good feedback. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, Golferpro123 said:

I have found that in general simulator putting is not a good at to practice.  If you have this option on your trackman you would be in good shape but you would need to understand how to read and interpret the numbers: https://www.trackman.com/golf/trackman-4/putting

IMO, home practice is limiting and you are only able to work on certain skills.   You can obviously practice setup, stroke, maybe speed.  You cannot do much with green reading.  Some home practice ideas:

• putting mirror and full length mirror to work on consistent setup and ball position.
  • tees/cups/etc. - use as ball and club gates work on stroke to ensure good startline and center contact.
  • if you have a long area you can work on distance control.  This is probably one of the most important aspects of putting.
  • if you leverage to the aimpoint reading approach, you can use a level and any surface to practice reading slope.    

there are a million drills and practice routines that you can do at home depending on what you are trying to work on and what aids you have available 

There is nothing wrong with a Scotty Cameron putter. People believe they are the “best” because we see them on TV and some of the best players use them.   There are players that use other putters as well.  A cameron may not be the best putter for you.   There are many putter designs that help you with startline and distance control.   I’d pick the putter that works best for you.   Customizable is an open ended term.   You can get loft, lie, and length fitted to you and if ordered at a specific length, Cameron’s have different weighting (but that weighting may not be right for you)

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I use the Pelz "O Balls" and the Pelz putting tutor for indoor practice.  

Pelz Perfect Putting Tutor

Pelz O Balls

Mainly use these two to hone center face and center ball strikes.  Seems to help with alignment and consistent center contact.  Not as effective for distance control practice, but I do that on an outdoor green anyway. 

Look for price drop on the upcoming Amazon Prime Days.  

To practice putting I have a 10 ft mat that I can scruff up for slower putts or press on it to make the flow faster. I use the backside of a cd as a mirror using the center to hold the ball. I also use a 4 ft metal yard stick to practice starting the ball on line.

As far as the type of putter I defer to our august group of forum members.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Big Moss putting Green and putting mirror are really the only training tools that I use.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18