Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What brand do you game?

Kmbond

Just got fitted for XXIO-12 irons 7-AW. At 69 and a slower swing golfer these really match up well with my swing. Very forgiving and I've gained distance and accuracy. I highly recommend that sub 90mph swingers give them a try.

Bag: Ping 425 sft, tour edge Hl4 irons, XXIO 3 wood, 20 year old Nike putter

Irons

For the past few months I've been playing the new Maltby TS4's 5i - GW that I built with KBS S taper lite 110 shafts and Star sidewinder grips. Prior to the TS4's I was gaming their original TS1's for the past 3 years. Maltby is the DTC that doesn't get talked about but probably has the heaviest cult following. Before Sub70, Takomo, and now many others, Maltby was one of the pioneers for DTC and component club building. 

Being a gear head and inherent tinkerer I've played or at least seen most everything out there. The TS4's IMO are some of the best looking, playing, and feeling clubs I've put a swing on. For what they look like (Blades), these are so incredibly forgiving and are capable of anything that a blade is meant to do. 

20230528_093700.jpg.392b6d350bd5ac90e1849865264875c7.jpg

20230515_215234.jpg.58c76275474d2eae100f87664fa988a4.jpg

20230515_214838.jpg.5e3531c0fa5d3cd048133ef902548691.jpg

20230515_215013.jpg.4ae12d84bfbc4bcb3b5e585a92789c87.jpg

Wedges

I was playing the Maltby TSW 56° for a while. Yes only 1 wedge but it was so dang versatile that I only needed 1. I've since switched to the Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56° and 60° mid bounce 10° and absolutely love them! That said I could very easily go back to the Maltbys when I wear the grooves out on these. 

20230321_135859.jpg.a4a6e25db422eddb25b2ab818ab4fe72.jpg

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Screenshot_20230821_084427_Facebook.jpg.6d7fb85c9ff58834ef2a766901b2b757.jpg16.7 Index - Just a guy

Taylormade RBZ Driver 9.5 degrees, Regular Flex Graphite(Looking to upgrade soon)

Taylormade Stealth 3 Wood Regular Flex Graphite

Taylormade Stealth 5 & 7 Woods Senior Flex Graphite

Hogan 2019 Cavity Back Irons 5-PW "3" Flex Graphite(Upgrading soon)

Titleist SM9 Wedges 50.08 F, 54.12 D, 60.08 M

Odyssey DFX 7 Putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

Just got my new PING 525 irons , was playing Srixon for a long time , thought it was time for a change.  Put in the Elevate shafts.

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

Irons and wedges are all Mizuno 825.  Presently I'm playing 4-GW with a 54 and 58-degree wedge.  All of the irons have KBS 130-X shafts and were custom fit by Goftec.

Being that they are eight years old this is the last season in the bag for them.  I have considerable trouble getting the wedges to stick and the roll out is starting to eat at my handicap.  

Driver; Callaway RAZR Fit

Fairway and hybrids: Callaway X2 Pro

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist is in my bag for the last 10 years. I like the fact they have quality products and still work on a two year cycle and didn't wreck the golf retail industry by flooding the market with numerous releases every year. (like Taylormade and Callaway did)

Lefty

Driver Titleist TS2 

3W Titleist 917

19 Hybrid Titleist TS2

Irons Titleist T200

Wedges Titleist Vokey SM8

Putters Scotty Camerons to many to list 

I play Srixon Z565 irons and Cleveland RTX wedges. I tested several iron brands and wedge brands side by side before making my decision with no preconceived preference towards any brands and these stood out for feel and looks at address. They have not disappointed. I'm not married to any clubs or brands so I'd say that I'd make a change to something that feels and looks better if I ever came across clubs that did that. Since I bought and game the Srixon and Cleveland clubs I'd use them as a baseline to see if something feels and looks better. New technology is wonderful provided it works better than what you have.

My current irons are the Callaway Apex Pro 19.  Waiting for the new Mizuno’s to come out in 24.  Going back to an old favorite.

This post started me thinking of all the different irons I have played over the years.  My first set were Spaulding Bobby Jones irons. I have played Ben Hogan, Macgregors, Wilson Staff, Tommy Armour, Ping Eye 2, Callaway,Titliest, and Mizuno.  
I played the old Cleveland 588 wedge for probably 10 years until they finally ruined the design, now I am a Vokey guy.

Oh by the way my golf goes back over 63 years.

Driver Mavrik Subzero set to 9.5. 
Rougue 4 wood 16.5

Titleist 818 hybrid 21

Callaway Apex pro black dot 4 through P

Callaway Jaws 50/10,, MD 4 56/10, and Titlest SM 6 60/12

SC Futura 5.5

Currently play Srixon 5 irons, TM High Toe wedges. For the heck of it, went to a Callaway outdoor fitting on Saturday. Hit the new irons with graphite shaft…hit them 18 yards further on average with similar ball flight, perfect launch angle (whatever that means), and more spin. Hitting outdoors, you can clearly see the distance, ball flight and shot shape. One word to describe the experience “IMPRESSIVE”! The only negative; feel, meaning minimal feedback off the face. Surely mostly due to the shaft. With the jacked up lofts, how is this even possible; technology is amazing. May just have to pull the trigger on these irons. 

Putter - Cameran Squreback 2. Wedges - Jaws (52, 56, 60). Irons - Titleist 200 & 150. Hybrid - Rogue 20 degree. Driver - Titleist TRS4. Ball - Maxfli & Titleist. 

Titleist irons 4-7, modern T300

George Nicoll forged musclebacks 8 to wedges circa 1977

Scotty Cameron putter

Driver FW - Titleist 917

Irons 4 to 8 - Titleist T300 2° flat

Irons 9 to wedges - George Nicoll Royal musclebacks 70s vintage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select blackout

I am currently gaming Mizuno Pro 223 irons P-5 with T22 wedges. Interestingly I was planning to get Ping i59s, but tried the 223s when getting fit with the Mizuno shaft optimizer. They were so great visually, for feel and on Trackman, I had to get them. Not sure if it’s the clubs, but my index is the lowest it has been in 2 years. 7.8 before Mizuno’s, currently 4.1. 

Driver Ping G425

4 wood Tour Edge Exotics CBX

7 wood Ping G400

9 wood Ping G400

5-PW Mizuno Pro 223

50, 52, 58 wedges Mizuno T22

Mizuno Hot Metal Pro Irons 6-GW, Cleveland 56/60, Cobra 3,5,7 woods, Tour Exotics 5 hybrid, TM Stealth Driver - got fitted for everything except the Tour Exotics hybrid - tried that one and loved it.  Thinking through changes for next year 

I live in NC, golf as often as possible, play the Amateur Players Tour when I can 

Where do I begin…6 total brands for one bag is pretty open minded 🙂

Ping / Titleist Drivers

TaylorMade 3 wood

Titleist Long Iron

Mizuno Irons

Titleist Vokey Wedges

L.A.B. Putter

Srixon Ball

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

After a good number of years playing the Bridgestone J38 CB irons, I've bagged a combo set CB/MB from Takomo. I was feeling mostly that my PX6.0 shafts were becoming a bit too soft for me, and my balls were often too high and too much "drawy" (no, not really a hook, just an exaggerated draw). And a fitter friend had told me that for my swing a stepped shaft like the KBS tour would probably be better. So.... Tour 130 in X it was, and the lie is about 1/2 a degree flatter, so less of the lefts. Well, I'm very happy with the set, feels great, the ball flight is a bit lower (still very high on my standard swing, but easy to bring down) and my draw is less accentuated.

What would it take for me to change? Well, I'd say 6 to 7 years or a drastic change in my swing...

Wedges? I'm on a set of Vokey SM7, 52 and 58. I'm thinking about a replacement fairly soon. Probably still Vokey, almost certainly still 52 and 58... I like how the short game is well coverd and that meshes well with the 47° PW.

Aim small... pray to miss small

My bag: Ping hoofer lite. My driver: Nike Vapor Pro. 4w: Inesis 500. Hybrid: Nike Vapor Flex. Irons (4-PW): Takomo 301 combo on KBS tour X. Wedges: Vokey SM7 52° and 58°. Putter: Cleveland Classic HB1. Balls: Inesis Tour900 yellow.

Mizuno irons (MP223, 4-G) and Edison wedges (55 and 59).  I had played TaylorMade irons for a long time, but my game improved to the point where I could move into a different classification of iron (super game improvement to game improvement or player's irons).  The Mizuno JPX 919s were lovely clubs and I decided to try them during a club demo day.  I hit those, Calloway Apex, and Titleist AP2.  The Mizunos just felt the best and gave me the most repeatable result.  Fast forward to most recently, and it was pretty much the same result.  I compared the Titleist T100S against the MP223, and the 223 just gave the best results in terms of dispersion, descent angle, and feel.  I will say the T100Ss were REALLY close, though.  I look at the numbers on the launch monitor, how consistently I can hit them, and how they feel.  Add those all up and...voila, Mizuno won the day.

As far as the wedges, I read about the Edisons multiple places.  I was just coming off Cleveland CBX2 wedges, and I struggled with consistency as opposed to a blade-style wedge (I know, that's the opposite of what's supposed to happen, but I don't think all golf laws apply to me, as I often slice from a hook lie! 🙂 ).  I guess you could say I bought into some of the press about their consistency, but I have found there to be some basis for it over the last year plus of gaming them.  I seem to get consistent strikes and feel from the wedges from all lies.

As far as what would it take to get me to change?  If some equipment maker wants to sponsor me as a struggling 10 handicapper, I'd be all ears!  In all seriousness, since no one's going to pay me to play their clubs, it will take better results than what I'm getting now to get me to change.  Tighter dispersion, better feel, comparable distance, more on-center strikes.  Of course, at this point, more than likely the smarter investment would be golf lessons...not new clubs.

Mizuno ST200G driver, Diamana White stiff

Mizuno ST200 Tour Spoon 3 wood, Diamana White stiff

Titleist TSR 7 wood, stiff

Mizuno MP223 irons, 4-GW, Nippon Modus X-stiff

Edison Forged wedges, 55 and 59 degree, KBS Tour stiff

Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

21 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Callaway Paradym irons (I was a Spring 2023 tester and they stayed in my bag). I have played Edison and an old pair of Scratch wedges for most of the season, but after receiving the pair of Cobra Snakebite wedges from chisag, I cut them down 1/2” and bent them to my flatter lie angle specs and put them in my bag (we’ll see how that works out, as I will be playing golf three times this week).

Sam, I also bent the loft on that 50* Snakebite wedge to 52* (more loft also means more bounce, as you know). Lately, I have gone from playing 47*, 50*, 54* and 58 or 59* wedges to 47 or 48* plus 52 or 53* with higher bounce and 58 or 59* wedges. I bent my Paradym AW back to its original 47* loft and will be playing that wedge + the 52* and 58* Snakebite wedges.

I find a 52 or 53* wedge with at least 10* of bounce to be ideal for longer bunker shots and many greenside pitch/chip shots, and 58* is all the loft that I need for playing from deep greenside bunkers and for pitch shots over bunkers, bushes, and other obstacles, plus pitch/lob shots that I want or need to check-up quickly. Adding loft and creating enough backspin has really never been a problem for me.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I am straight across the board Taylor Made, hybrid for my 3 and 4, up through LW. I am going to need to go with something I can shape with better soon, but I like them.

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

... Going to the PGA Show Demo Day every year and hitting every new iron, I pretty quickly found out everyone makes really nice irons. It just comes down to personal preference in most cases. Dealing with Players Irons, some are a little crispier feeling and some a little softer feeling. Of course spin and trajectory can be different as well so finding what works best for your swing and where you play is important. P790's may work very well on soft midwest/southern greens but not so much on hard fast desert greens. 

... The final piece of the puzzle is the look at address. I have never cared about the cavity but some do and that of course is a personal fashion issue having nothing to do with hitting golf shots. 😜  But ever since Cobra released the Amp Forged irons I have been playing Cobra's. They lean toward a softer feel which I prefer, and the shape of the head and hosel grind look like they consulted me during the design process. They just look about perfect to my eye. I am currently playing the King Tour forged irons that Rickie Fowler plays but still contemplating going back to my MIM Tour irons that are my favorite irons ever.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I game a bit of a mixed bag. Ping, driver, PXG, 3 wood and hybrid, Ping Crossover, Callaway irons and sand wedge and an Evnroll putter.

IMG_2087.jpeg.262cb82d606130e0682c913fda7e00e0.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

So I game the Srixon z forged irons. I was fit for them a few years back. I like them a lot and I would need to be fit again to switch them. 

I currently game SM6 wedges (50,54,60) and I am currently looking to switch them, wanting to do a wedge fitting. Wedges are probably the only club I buy new, just for fresh groves. Everything else I try and buy used just to save some money. 

Titleist clubs, Vokey wedges, Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter, Prov1 balls.  I do have a Ping PLD Anser Putter that I use on very fast greens.  Very loyal to the Acushnet family.  Looking to upgrade from my current T300 (2019) to the latest T350 irons.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

2 hours ago, Corey Baker said:

I have play Ping irons and wedges.  Thought about switching to Titleist  couple years ago but stayed with Ping.  Have always liked them.  Been playing them for 45 years.

I played PIng K1s in high school (a few years ago).  I carried Ping 1 irons for years.  Tried them extensively in my last fitting.  Always been a very precisely made club.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

Current irons at the Mizuno Hot Metal Pros 921's. A solid shape to my eye with enough tech to help when I need it, and enough versatility when I want to move it. Best part of playing this week for the first time in 5 weeks was hitting punch cut 4 irons off short par 4s and into the long par 3s. A fun shot to hit and one I feel confident in making work when need be.

Wedges have been a bit of a mystery for me over the past few years since returning to traditional length wedges after my one-length journey. I've tried everything and right now have settled on Cleveland CBX Zipcore and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack in my Gap and Sand wedge, and W/S Tour Grind in my lob wedge. The Clevelands just have a solid feel to them, spin well, and offered the sole types and bounce angles I needed to really maximize what I wanted to do with them. The W/S was bought on a whim but off my three wedges it has the best shape to my eye of any wedge on the market and that sole grind really allows me to confidence to get a good strike while being able to open it up around the greens.

I will say I liked the turf interaction I got on full swings with the Taylormade Milled Grid soles on my Hi-Toe set I had for a while, but I couldn't get used to the shorter shots with those shapes, I just never felt comfortable over it.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Currently - Callaway Apex CF16.    (always have Pings of some sort in reserve)

Wedges - Cleveland and Ping.

I would not hesitate to switch, all it takes is a decent deal or evidence my game might benefit.  

It's the Indian - not the arrows!

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

I started playing Miura irons a few months ago and have grown to love the feel and feedback. I'm a chop with a serious L.O.F.T and no doubt my scores would benefit from more forgiving clubs but there's nothing like the feel of a well struck Miura forging on those rare occasions when I can execute. Also in the bag are Callaway EPIC 5 and 7 woods, a pair of Wishon wedges (48 and 54) topped off by an Odessey stroke lab CS V line putter. 

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Titleist T300 irons(5-GW)

Edison 53* & 57* wedges

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Call away irons and title list wedges.  When I first started playing golf, I got the Call away Warbirds.   I've tried ping redots, then back to Call away.  Tried Wilson, Mizunos, and Titles, but always come back to Call away.  To change clubs and brands, would require a professional true fitting and being convinced are better for my game.

Right now, it's a mix of Callaway and Titleist.  But, I'm in the long-term process of changing out to all Titleist.  Will be checking out the T350s and then waiting to see if there is a new/better/revamped T400.  

Titleist drive (TS1)., Callaway Epic Star 5wood; MAVRIK hybrids, Callaway irons, Ping Sand wedge and Vokey 60* wedge.  Still using my Wilson 8813 and am looking for a new putter.  My wife's bag is all Callaway.  I retired from the USAF after 30 years and 17 moves --loved my career.