Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Brands/Products Do You Want To See for Member Testing 2024?

GolfSpy_APH

On 12/28/2023 at 9:56 AM, Owengeorge13 said:

I’m also interested in seeing some reviews on children’s sets of clubs.

As someone with an 8-year-old and 10-year-old who are getting into playing, I'd definitely be interested in seeing this.

Ping G400 (10.5*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw (50*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Taylormade TP5 Pix

On 12/28/2023 at 11:35 PM, ZJeb67 said:

Since I'm Kirkland fan boy, the Kirkland Driver and the Kirkland irons. 
And anything else they release in 2024 

5d714ca12e22af6cd5151996.webp

The Kirkland irons for sure!!!!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

Would love to see some Wilson gear, irons, putters, drivers etc have looked phenomenal the last year or so

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

7 hours ago, Kevin Santom said:

Thoughts on Stix golf clubs 

HQ is doing doing some stuff with them. I've reached out a couple times and am still awaiting a response. It is the holidays right now so don't expect responses till beginning of Jan.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, racingdaly said:

As someone with an 8-year-old and 10-year-old who are getting into playing, I'd definitely be interested in seeing this.

We have actually done this before! Was several years ago, however we may have enough new member it could be worth another look.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, Splatt said:

The Kirkland irons for sure!!!!

I wish! 

Due to stocking and such that would be a tough get! Thankfully we have some members with them already doing unofficial reviews.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Anyone tried the SF1 driver from performance golf yet?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

How about those new Masters edition Mizuno irons 🤣🤣🤣

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

I’d love to see a company called Arias get tested. They have zero offset irons which I think could be different than other dtc brands or big brands for that matter. I am currently using/testing their chipper out and love it. (I’m gonna write up a review soon) I just think among all the irons out there it’s hard to find some that have a significant difference and I think these would really be something to try. Cheers

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Wilson has recently been pushing their redesigned DTC full sets on their website.  junior sets thru seniors sets. Might be a good opportunity to test for golfers of all types.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Wilson is definitely on the radar and a company we would love to work with.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I’d love to see a way for shafts to be tested.  Specifically iron graphite shafts.  It sounds like a daunting task for some, but I think if we brainstormed and made it happen it would be cutting edge.  How about something like the mizuno shaft optimizer?  

Edited by Owengeorge13

🙃

1 minute ago, Owengeorge13 said:

I’d love to see a way for shafts to be tested.  Specifically iron graphite shafts.  It sounds like a daunting task for some, but I think if we brainstormed and made it happen it would be cutting edge.

Not sure I follow?

I have seen several replies that while great, don't quite hit the mark. This is specific to member testing. Most Wanted and the other data centric testing is done by HQ and their staff as they have those resources. 

Iron Shaft testing has in many cases been a tough starter with member testing. The cost of installing usually falls on the tester, which not all prefer, and while the Nippon Modus 115 was a good test, we have had several others that have just been really low activity and interest. Drivers and fairways are easier tests to hose and house, while irons members may need an extra set, reshaft their own and is timely. 

While I prefer that we stay away from comparison reviews (reviews imo should be more standalone with reference points, not comparisons as not everyone has the same equipment), that is what these end up being. What was the current iron shaft, get data and what is the new one, get data and feel and compare. Again I don't love that type of review as it limits the audience. 

Not to say iron shafts won't happen, but I will admit they are not something we often pursue. With us limiting the number of tests we want to bring higher engagement, newer/unique opportunities and opportunities to the forum that gets a slightly higher level of engagement than what we have seen in the past with iron shafts. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Thanks again for everyone who has provided responses. They have all be very helpful and useful... may or may have not already made contact with some of the suggested companies or items which have been suggested 😉

The important thing as a reminder is that this is for Forum Member Testing. HQ does all the most wanted testing and for broad range of products (I think I saw previous years driver winners or something along those lines) that is a great idea, but one more suited to them and one we will certainly pass along. 

We aim to get a broad range of products - golf clubs, technology, golf balls, maybe some training aids, apparel, shoes, golf club parts and much more. There are some incredibly unique and exciting ideas already in the works and scheduled with a lot more to come. 

Note we also have made a slight shift in there will be several tests that we don't run back to back seasons. While great reviews and opportunities they need provide value to the reviewer, forum and the company. So for products that haven't changed or been added with features we will not be returning to them (yet). Arccos is the prime example as this review came year over year and got extremely stale...this is not what we want at all. 

We also of course aim to get several new releases for all the major and dtc companies. These are obviously products everyone is interested in and we can look to take advantage of that to get it in your hands. 

DTC are a very high priority for us and always will be. We love working with these companies and truly enjoy the relationships we build with them. They end up being win, win, wins for them, the community and us as staff. You can be assured that we will see more DTC companies in 2024. 

As always keep firing away with suggestions and we will keep taking suggestions all year round!

Finally geo restrictions - we ask or attempt to get all tests to be worldwide. However this is not the case for all companies and the forum does not have the funding to start shipping golf clubs all over the world. I wish we did, but just not in the cards (yet). For now we work with what works best for the OEM and where they want to market the product to have the greatest impact. So for all those EU, UK and NZ/Australia members shoot me a message with companies in your area and we can see what we can do!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

As a user of single length clubs, I'd be interested in seeing where that technology is going in 2024. Thank you for your good work.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Just now, EMacK1961 said:

As a user of single length clubs, I'd be interested in seeing where that technology is going in 2024. Thank you for your good work.

I am equally curious to see if Cobra even comes out with a set. Bryson not being contracted with them (now using PING irons) was their big reasoning to even starting them and making them to begin with. I will equally curious to see if Cobra drops the concept to see if anyone else picks it up. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Last day of the year… last day this year for me to be a jack-wagon.. While still early on, with all the angst and vitriol about the possible ball roll back, maybe MGS should consider getting the jump on this possibility and line up the ability to test possible prototypes of NON-conforming balls for the edification of us wannabe rebels. 

Happy New Year’s to staff and members of MGS. 

8 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

maybe MGS should consider getting the jump on this possibility and line up the ability to test possible prototypes of NON-conforming balls for the edification of us wannabe rebels. 

This is interesting to me as well, although I'm not one of those "would be rebels".  There are a small number of balls that claim to be non-conforming, it might be interesting to see these tested alongside currently conforming balls.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

13 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

Last day of the year… last day this year for me to be a jack-wagon.. While still early on, with all the angst and vitriol about the possible ball roll back, maybe MGS should consider getting the jump on this possibility and line up the ability to test possible prototypes of NON-conforming balls for the edification of us wannabe rebels. 

Happy New Year’s to staff and members of MGS. 

Something to look into. This is the year for several brands (Titleist, Callaway, TaylorMade, Bridgestone and someone else I believe ... don't quote me as Im not 100%) have new balls coming out (conforming). 

I wouldn't expect to see true new rule balls for at least a season or two. While there are conforming balls out there which meet the current criteria, at least I checked none of them had premium covers which really makes them non relevant. 

I am sure there will be more whitebox opps which have this in mind coming closer to the 2028 date for when the ball will actually go into play. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I am equally curious to see if Cobra even comes out with a set. Bryson not being contracted with them (now using PING irons) was their big reasoning to even starting them and making them to begin with. I will equally curious to see if Cobra drops the concept to see if anyone else picks it up. 

I think this niche trend has died for the sub set of the masses, but I think some Ams will continue to play it.  

Interested to see what new driver Cobra will release this year..

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not sure I follow?

I have seen several replies that while great, don't quite hit the mark. This is specific to member testing. Most Wanted and the other data centric testing is done by HQ and their staff as they have those resources. 

Iron Shaft testing has in many cases been a tough starter with member testing. The cost of installing usually falls on the tester, which not all prefer, and while the Nippon Modus 115 was a good test, we have had several others that have just been really low activity and interest. Drivers and fairways are easier tests to hose and house, while irons members may need an extra set, reshaft their own and is timely. 

While I prefer that we stay away from comparison reviews (reviews imo should be more standalone with reference points, not comparisons as not everyone has the same equipment), that is what these end up being. What was the current iron shaft, get data and what is the new one, get data and feel and compare. Again I don't love that type of review as it limits the audience. 

Not to say iron shafts won't happen, but I will admit they are not something we often pursue. With us limiting the number of tests we want to bring higher engagement, newer/unique opportunities and opportunities to the forum that gets a slightly higher level of engagement than what we have seen in the past with iron shafts. 

I could see shaft tests making sense for woods/drivers with loft sleeves as you can easily go back and forth. Maybe if a shaft company wanted to testing with different profiles they could get results across different swing speeds/tempo’s/types. Not sure it would make sense for the company as I would think they would require launch monitor data for the test and could probably get this on their own easier without giving away shafts. A test think would be cool is “stock” vs “up charge” of the same shaft. Such as a Ventus non-velocore vs velocore or tensie av vs 1k. I don’t think this one will ever happen as they would need to be very confident the test will see a pretty significant difference in the two but would be interesting. I know these are both comparison tests which you don’t prefer but I think they would be comparisons that would get engagement. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

More golf accessories like bags, range finders, etc. 

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on) 

1 hour ago, Thegolfdean7 said:

AI phone apps, !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean

Not a Fan of AI     Keep it REAL no computer aid thinking please !!!!  Designing AI only in equipment , even that isn't right