Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What suits your eye at address?

Moecat

• SPY VIP

Pinseeker and Confidence. I know they aren't great companies but why try those out when you love the look of the wedges you have?

Have not hit either one and it sounds like I shouldn't so thanks for that. :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one for wedges ... which one looks better to you at address?

The top one and before you say anything... it was before I scrolled down and read that it was a Vokey. :lol:

I prefer a less rounded look at address for my wedges. That is particularly true of the leading edge.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Ya. Won them in scramble tourneys. No control over them just big and heavy.

Meh. I gamed Pinseeker irons for a short while when I got back into golf seven years ago. OK, for beginners but not great stuff otherwise.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

wedge1.jpgwedge2.jpg

Here's one for wedges ... which one looks better to you at address?

See....I look at those and see no incredibly discernible differences. Yes, maybe there are some small things...but just not enough for me to care. I'm gonna play either one of those if they feel good and perform as I want.

Have many visual conditions that clubs need to meet for me to put them in the bag:

Driver: No alignment mark on the crown, I want the club to have a clean look. An open club face is also a must, at least one degree, but two is ideal. Lastly, a deeper face is a requirement for me as well.

Fairways: Same as the driver, although a slightly shallower face is not a deal breaker.

Hybrid: Minimal to no offset, no alignment mark on the top. I'm not crazy about the two tone color scheme on the Peanut that I am testing, but since they are two shades of grey, it isn't so bad.

Irons: Minimal offset, thin top line and a don't like the heel to hosel transition on the pitching wedge in Titleist or Mizuno iron sets (not sure why, but they bug me out).

Wedges: I prefer the shape of the Vokey wedges, but I am not too particular with these clubs, I can work with almost anything.

Putter: Heel shafted is a must.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The Razr X Tour is a very decent looking club. The Diablo Forged is ok, but not as nice, IMO.

I agree with you about the RAZR X Tour irons. I think people will be very impressed with them, and their looks, especially people who like clubs with very little offset. The RAZR X Tour irons actually have almost as little offset as the RAZR X Forged irons.

I myself don't mind offset at all. And the Diablo Forged, while they definitely have some, don't have as much as the X22s or X24s (which had a lot), and have less than the older FT irons.

I'm really pleased with Callaways current iron offerings. I know reasonable people will disagree, but I really like how they play, feel, and look.

Invictus.

Exitus acta probat.

Bona fide.

Archived