Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

3 hours ago, Dan Yates said:

This is a few days late, but playing my home course Gettysburg National last Friday after work I met up with my two regular golfing buddies Caleb and Tyler - brothers who get out at least 1-2x a week.  The starter had me go off the back on my own while the boys were running late, and I played okay - three bogeys and birdied 18 after striping a 5 iron to the front of the green on the par 5 finishing hole.  Meeting up with them on the front I started with a 3-putt bogey on the straightaway par 4 #1, parred the short par 4 #2, and they struggled a little.  It all changed on #3.  When I start on the front, how I play the first 3 holes at GN tends to set the tone for that round, but beginning on the back I was loose and had the green speed down. I hit first on 3, playing 163 with the setting sun directly behind the flag and a slight breeze into us, I hit my 7-iron on a pretty good line at the left edge of the guarding trap in the front with a touch more draw than I planned, but plenty of distance to get there.  I was blind trying to see the ball but Tyler was spotting and said, “looks pretty good - good line… REALLY good line!  Going right at it!” But because of the slope of the green and sun, we couldn’t see it.  It hasn’t rained in 2 weeks so I figured it probably rolled off the back.  Caleb hit next and also fired one right at the pin that looked better than mine, and Tyler thought it stopped right next to the cup!  Tyler flew the green into the back trap.  As we walked up I wasn’t that excited - Caleb wasn’t either.  But the closer we got we started looking for a third ball and couldn’t see it.  There was a ball 3” inches from the cup, and Tyler’s beached shot, then Caleb and I looked at each other as if to say, “maybe you?” We fast stepped to the pin and Caleb called the ball by the pin was his, and I didn’t see a ball behind the green.  He just looked at me and kind of smiled/shrugged, and I looked down and mine was in the cup.  Pretty cool.  Managed to mostly hold it together for the rest of the round and finished with a 37 on the front, for a 75 plus my 3rd ace.  Too bad the bar was already closed - I owe the boys a few next time we play.  I’m practicing to play in the PA Senior Amateur in early Aug and while I wasn’t super happy with most of the round, that gave me a little boost of confidence to do that and shoot 75 while kind of scratching it out.IMG_3830.jpeg.daf9518efe85a2f5a846fb974e0ee520.jpeg

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

2 hours ago, Byrnzee said:

Been meaning to post these for a couple days but haven't found the time until now. This will be a 2-for-1 because I had the pleasure this past weekend of visiting Arcadia Bluffs and playing both the North and South courses.

We arrived Sunday afternoon to the main course for our 3:40pm tee time. We had a great warmup on the range and tested out their practice green that is right outside the clubhouse. The views were fantastic and the weather was absolutely perfect: 70s and sunny with a slight breeze. It was just me and a buddy of mine, so we figured we'd get matched with another twosome. We show up to the starter and learn that the other twosome didn't show. Fine by us!

A nice touch was that the starter gave us each an Arcadia Bluffs divot tool at the first tee box. A nice little souvenir that also serves as a reminder to fix your ball marks! I wish more clubs would do this - it was a memorable gesture that probably costs them next to nothing.

Anyways... onto the golf!

North Course (Bluffs):

I am not exaggerating when I say this course is my favorite course I've ever played. The layout was fantastic - no two holes felt alike. The conditions were immaculate and I played one of my best rounds of the year. The only thing that I couldn't quite get working was my lag putting. Although there are enormous greens at Arcadia Bluffs, I had five 3-putts on the round, including on 18... to shoot an 80 (40-40) from the Blue tees (6913). 

Although I was disappointed in my putting, it was definitely the best ball-striking round I've had in quite some time. The driver was incredibly reliable and although I only hit 46% FIR, it was mostly due to the undulations of the course and hitting a decent drive that would run down a hill into the short rough. My irons were on point though, as I hit 14/18 (78%) greens in regulation. Now you can understand my frustration with my lag putting! Each three putt was for bogey 🤦‍♂️

That being said, the one downside of this round was the pace of play. As I mentioned before, it ended up just being me and my friend and we absolutely cruised through the first four holes. We were expecting to catch up to people in front of us and we did on the par five 5th, where we noticed a 5-some playing together in 3 carts. Now normally I'm sure they would have let us through, especially given there were only two of us behind them. However, as we caught up to them on the following tee box, we could see the group in front of them on the green. Sadly, there was nowhere to go. Our round ended up being about 5.5 hours long, but luckily we finished just before sunset. 

All in all, it was an incredible round at an incredible course. I will definitely be returning with more friends at some point in the future. If you'd like to see some pictures and videos from Sunday's round, I have posted them here.

South Course:

We originally had a 10:12am tee time on Monday for the South Course, however we were able to move it up to 8:36am to get an earlier start back home to Chicago after the round. We were told there wasn't anyone joining us and that we would be the first group on the course, which got us excited for a quick round (especially after the nearly 6 hour round the day before at the main course). However, one gentleman did join last minute with a caddie, which was fine by us. He was incredibly nice, played solid and had good banter throughout the day.

I'll start by saying the practice facilities at the South Course are some of the best I've ever seen. Beautiful range, short game area and putting green. They clearly had more land to play with at the South Course and did a great job of expanding their amenities more than the North Course could. We were told before the round that the greens were very hard to hold and that short was always better than long.

As we begun our round, I was able to get up and down for par after missing the green and being forced to pitch over a greenside bunker. Seemed like a great start and a possible continuance of my form from the day before. Boy was I wrong... they were not kidding at all about the greens and the pin placements on Monday were absurd. They would find one flat corner in the back of the green that slopes severely back to front and place the pin there. Without knowing where to land it (we didn't pay for the caddie's services so we were playing just based on what we could see), there were several times I thought I hit a perfect shot only for it to land hard on the green and skip off to a difficult chip shot.

My lag putting woes continued and I actually had a 4-putt on one hole after hitting fairway and green in regulation. Another hole was a par 5 where I had a PW into the green on my third shot, only to get too aggressive at the tucked pin and landed in an extremely steep greenside bunker. Bunker shot hit the green and skipped over it, into another bunker... thought I hit a perfect one out of there but landed once again in (you guessed it) the first bunker. Brutal way to make triple bogey.

All of that being said, the South Course was beautifully designed and we really did enjoy playing there. They have these squared off greens that I've never seen before and the course was in immaculate shape. It doesn't have the views of the lake like the North Course has, but the South Course could be a PGA Tour venue, in my opinion with those greens. I felt like I was still driving and striking my irons well, but the mistakes around the greens will haunt me for some time. I ended up shooting 90 (45-45) from the Blue tees (6932), which was pretty disappointing after my round the day before. I definitely am glad I played better at the main course though, and will remember that round very fondly.

If you've made it this far, I appreciate you reading my Arcadia Bluffs weekend recap. If you get the chance to get out there, make sure you play both courses and take lots of pictures! Erin Hills up next this Sunday... until then!

TL;DR Played Arcadia Bluffs this past weekend and shot 80 (40-40) on the North Course (Bluffs) and 90 (45-45) on the much harder South Course. Lag putting was a killer, but happy with my ball striking and the way my game is currently trending.

I agree with @Rob Person, sound incredible! I'm very excited for playing there this fall! Hopefully I'll be able to do both courses, but either one will do! The photos and videos you shared on the GMT were just awesome! Thanks for sharing!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

3 hours ago, Dan Yates said:

This is a few days late, but playing my home course Gettysburg National last Friday after work I met up with my two regular golfing buddies Caleb and Tyler - brothers who get out at least 1-2x a week.  The starter had me go off the back on my own while the boys were running late, and I played okay - three bogeys and birdied 18 after striping a 5 iron to the front of the green on the par 5 finishing hole.  Meeting up with them on the front I started with a 3-putt bogey on the straightaway par 4 #1, parred the short par 4 #2, and they struggled a little.  It all changed on #3.  When I start on the front, how I play the first 3 holes at GN tends to set the tone for that round, but beginning on the back I was loose and had the green speed down. I hit first on 3, playing 163 with the setting sun directly behind the flag and a slight breeze into us, I hit my 7-iron on a pretty good line at the left edge of the guarding trap in the front with a touch more draw than I planned, but plenty of distance to get there.  I was blind trying to see the ball but Tyler was spotting and said, “looks pretty good - good line… REALLY good line!  Going right at it!” But because of the slope of the green and sun, we couldn’t see it.  It hasn’t rained in 2 weeks so I figured it probably rolled off the back.  Caleb hit next and also fired one right at the pin that looked better than mine, and Tyler thought it stopped right next to the cup!  Tyler flew the green into the back trap.  As we walked up I wasn’t that excited - Caleb wasn’t either.  But the closer we got we started looking for a third ball and couldn’t see it.  There was a ball 3” inches from the cup, and Tyler’s beached shot, then Caleb and I looked at each other as if to say, “maybe you?” We fast stepped to the pin and Caleb called the ball by the pin was his, and I didn’t see a ball behind the green.  He just looked at me and kind of smiled/shrugged, and I looked down and mine was in the cup.  Pretty cool.  Managed to mostly hold it together for the rest of the round and finished with a 37 on the front, for a 75 plus my 3rd ace.  Too bad the bar was already closed - I owe the boys a few next time we play.  I’m practicing to play in the PA Senior Amateur in early Aug and while I wasn’t super happy with most of the round, that gave me a little boost of confidence to do that and shoot 75 while kind of scratching it out.IMG_3830.jpeg.daf9518efe85a2f5a846fb974e0ee520.jpeg

Congratulations, and it would have been really cool to see it drop.  

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Congratulations on the PB @Paul Hedrick!  That's a great score.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

9 minutes ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Yesterday I played 18 with a close friend at one of our local courses.  Of the three courses within a couple of miles, this is the most challenging.  My new Driver(Titleist TSR1), a Christmas present from my wife, and my new 4 wood (Cleveland Launcher Halo XL Hy-Wood), a present from Me to Me, performed really well.   Driver was reaching distances I had not before reached before, and 4 Wood was reaching distances between Driver and 5 Wood, which is what I was looking for with the 4 Wood. At the turn I found myself at 1 over, and was thinking for sure I could make up for that on the back nine, but alas, that did not happen.  I finished the round at 2 over, and that is absolutely  the best I have ever played.  My goal this year, as it was last year, is to achieve a single digit handicap.  I am feeling confident.

Awesome round and congrats on the PB!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

45 minutes ago, cburins said:

Hey Y'all, extremely excited to share this! I finished T3 in my second ever golf tournament. Was an absolute rollercoaster of a day, but very happy with the outcome.

Leaderboard:

(I took out the competitors names)

EE3935D3-FC99-40FA-99A0-874B28DB318B.JPEG.e66d13ac37ec1832be319506120c415b.JPEG

Scorecard:

IMG_4436.jpg.0c87b3e8f6b545a2d551cf3b54d9e6d0.jpg

Also, hole 8 I almost got a hole in one:

Resized_20240624_145757_1719270527412.jpg.5e21b111f6ec43d14c6555bf6ac3e6e0.jpg

If anyone else is interested in hearing about my round I am currently a tester for the Garmin S70 ad CT10 Sensors and made a post about it:

Congratulations 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

25 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Congratulations 

Thank you!

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M Grind)

Putter: LAB MEZZ.1 MAX

Ball: Titleist TruFeel 

GPS: Garmin S70/CT10 Sensors (Current MGS Tester) 

2 hours ago, cburins said:

Hey Y'all, extremely excited to share this! I finished T3 in my second ever golf tournament. Was an absolute rollercoaster of a day, but very happy with the outcome.

Leaderboard:

Scorecard:

If anyone else is interested in hearing about my round I am currently a tester for the Garmin S70 ad CT10 Sensors and made a post about it:

Congrats on the finish!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

11 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Had a very strange day of golf yesterday. Played 36 with 18 in the morning at a course that barely reaches 6000 and another in the evening that was playing 6500. My morning round went 3 over on the front with a bad double on a par 3. The back 9 was a mess, took two doubles and a quad. Finished with an 86 for the round,  was severely worried about my evening round because that course was tighter and my strokes gained off the tee was -6.4. Off the tee did not improve much finishing the round with -5.7. However, I chipped and putted out of my mind, +1.2 strokes gained chipping, had 9 attempts and got up and down 8 times. The reason I was able to get up and down so much though was my putting, of my 11 putts inside 15 feet I made 9 of them which equated to a +3.1 strokes gained putting. Finished the round with a 79, overall just a day where golf was going to golf.

Nice scrambling with the chipping and putting, great up and down numbers 8 out 9, Awesome

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

3 hours ago, cburins said:

Leaderboard:

Scorecard:

Congratulations, next thing you know you will be moving up with more tournament time under the belt.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

I will say the last few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions that sadly matched my game🤦🏽‍♂️. Putting was suspect, driving cost me a few strokes and the irons just need a bit of polish. Overall, 46 for 9 holes. Grateful that is was trending down unlike last week which some said my score was "stratospheric", lol.

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1x / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: Titan Elite

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Current MyGolfSpy Review - Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64979-testers-announced-precision-pro-titan-elite/?do=findComment&comment=1082733

21 hours ago, Dan Yates said:

Congrats!

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

17 hours ago, William P said:

Congrats on the finish!

Thanks! 

WITB:

16 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Congratulations, next thing you know you will be moving up with more tournament time under the belt.

Exactly, that's the goal! Thanks! 

WITB:

Aha! I won today, giving me the sweep for the week with a 76. A double on 17, and 2-3putts killed a really good round.

playing well right now for some reason… I’d bottle and sell it if I knew what it was…

they paired us with a couple of beginners today that was trying- not so much that they sucked and hacked every hole to death, but their unawareness and lack of any golf etiquette was brutal- constantly blabbering, stepping in putting lines, driving their cart up in front before we’ve even hit out second shots, etc…

and it was really funny listening to them ask each other for their scores was great- like I got a bogie on that one- after 3- OB’s, bumping every like, multiple shots, and so on… we had fun guessing what they would tell each other… they probably were in the 120’s, but their cards were probably in the 90’s hehehe

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Played a scramble with a buddy. We came in 6 over for the round so over the moon with that.  Driver was fairly on fire and worked well as a team. 

Sad to see him go though as he's moving to London this weekend!

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

Played really well today despite my knee being sore. Had several looks at birdie but kept burning the edges. After my son rips his drive on the first hole he proceeds to tell me this is the day he finally beats me straight up. No handicap. At the moment, I’m a 3 and he’s a 10. He’s a little cocky because in just shot an 81 on an easy course after shooting 74 a couple days prior. He did give me a good challenge today but his putter failed him big time. He shot an 80 with four 3-putts and I shot 78 with a lot of narrow misses. At the end of the day, the good guys won (me of course) and he’s fuming because he knows he could have had me. He hit every shot great and I was pretty inconsistent for the first 12 holes. We’ll see if he can beat me next week when play down at Lake of the Ozarks. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

5 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Played really well today despite my knee being sore. Had several looks at birdie but kept burning the edges. After my son rips his drive on the first hole he proceeds to tell me this is the day he finally beats me straight up. No handicap. At the moment, I’m a 3 and he’s a 10. He’s a little cocky because in just shot an 81 on an easy course after shooting 74 a couple days prior. He did give me a good challenge today but his putter failed him big time. He shot an 80 with four 3-putts and I shot 78 with a lot of narrow misses. At the end of the day, the good guys won (me of course) and he’s fuming because he knows he could have had me. He hit every shot great and I was pretty inconsistent for the first 12 holes. We’ll see if he can beat me next week when play down at Lake of the Ozarks. 

The wise old dog looks both ways before he crosses the street. The young dog chases the ball and gets hit. Ha ha

Play like a champion today!

Got out early yesterday morning in the first group out and it was a frustrating 15 holes.  Swing felt great and I just could not get my start lines figured out with the full swing clubs and thanks to my short game I was able to keep it to one over through 15 holes.  Good drive and stuffed on in tight for a birdie on 16, 9 iron inside of 4 fee on 17 for another bird on the par three and then driver 9 iron into the par 5 18th for a finishing eagle.  Ended at -3 for the day thanks to three nice iron shots and a putter that bailed me out for most of the round.  Unfortunately not sure when my next round is since SWMBO is making me go car shopping on Saturday instead of playing golf.

WITB 2024

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS Yellow 76 TX

Fairway:  :taylormade-small: Sim 19* RDX Smoke Red 75 TX

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Rescue 22* Matrix Black Tie 85x

Irons:  :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Well,

Played 18 today, without heatstroke!!!  Things may be coming together just a bit.  On the front 6 pars, 3 bogies, even though I couldn't find a fairway not did I hit many greens.  The back was going along swimmingly with 6 pars, 1 bogie...then the collapse began in earnest.  17 is a par 3 over water with a couple of bunkers and a swoopy green.  The pin was back right.  I hit the ball with a bit of a fade into the right hand bunker.  Then to make the round normal I punched it into the bunker across the green.  Next shot barely out of that bunker.  Finally, on the green for a nice two putt.  Smooth 6 on a par 3....I know you are jealous of my golfing prowess.  Fortunately, I pulled my tee shot on 18 into the trees on the left, but I left myself a nice opening for a layup before having to carry the water and mounds before the green.  With my G wedge I put it to a foot.  Made the putt....yes, yes, it was not a gimmie for those of us with putting woes.  First birdie of the day. Carded a 78!

Good news:  28 putts!!!!  Finally, my putting didn't result in the ball going further than many of my drives.

Bad news:  the fairways became elusive.  I usually hit 11+ per round, not today.  I think I got 9.  

Because of my poor ball striking my putter was under duress...and I came through.  It was a wild time.

Edited by alii1959

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker