How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

39/40 = 79

Played my first round with the 2016 B330RXS.

Fairways 5

GIR 8

Putts 34 Two 3 putts

Wedge game was on today.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

My wife and I followed a tournament all day; really slow!!  But the day was nice, 88* sunny with only a slight breeze.  I didn't have a good start; shot 44 on the front.  My toe is still sore from having a toenail removed.  After the turn I had 3 birdie putts; didn't make any of them.  However, I had 3 birdie chips; made 2 of them and missed the third by an inch.  Shot 38 on the back nine with a double at 18.  Grrr!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Finally back to where I was at the beginning of the year 76 on Saturday and 78 on Sunday. Now just got to eliminate those doubles...

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Screenshot_20170828-085849.png

Screenshot_20170828-085902.png

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

Had a good one today with the exception of a three hole nap. We played very early this morning guess which holes weren't cut yet. Anyway it was a fun day and emptied a few pockets.IMG_0213.PNG

Driver: Taylormade QI10

3W: Taylormade QI10

5W: Taylormade QI10

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Irons: 5 to LW Taylormade Stealth

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

Ball: Taylormade TP 

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag

Finally back to where I was at the beginning of the year 76 on Saturday and 78 on Sunday. Now just got to eliminate those doubles...

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What App is this?

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Looks like Garmin connect same as I use.

Thank you.  I never really seem to know how far I hit my drives.  It would be good to know but will probably cut my ego down a good bit.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Thank you.  I never really seem to know how far I hit my drives.  It would be good to know but will probably cut my ego down a good bit.

I like the fact to can keep track of distances for all clubs so you know true average you hit each club rather than that one time you smashed a seven iron 180.

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Garmin connect doesn't appear to be golf centered. What am I missing?attachicon.gifIMG_4884.PNG

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

It is not a stand alone golf app. It downloads from my Garmin g6 rangefinder.

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Played Monday morning @ Cane Gdn.

Not sure what happened but thought I played lousy but 41-42.

Missed 3 relatively easy birdies but got one in the front that was memorable.

Hit a drive long into a fareway bunker in right side. Bunker maybe 7' deep, 110 yards out and had to go over a greenside bunker, oh boy.

Took a PW hit it as hard as I could. No way to C the green but when we got there I had A 10' footer for bird and I drained it.

Strange game

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Thank you. I never really seem to know how far I hit my drives. It would be good to know but will probably cut my ego down a good bit.

Sure is an ego deflator. Wake up call for me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

43/44. 1 double on front and one on back. Missed some birdie putts. But was able to save some bogeys too.

I've had trouble with Driver lately, so I'm hitting 3 Wood out of the box. Ever since I'm shooting mid 80's.

I'm going to fix my driver soon, but for now I've rediscovered my love for the game. Now that I'm putting up respectable numbers

PING G425 SFT 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cobra Fly Z 3 Hybrid

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

43/44. 1 double on front and one on back. Missed some birdie putts. But was able to save some bogeys too.

I've had trouble with Driver lately, so I'm hitting 3 Wood out of the box. Ever since I'm shooting mid 80's.

I'm going to fix my driver soon, but for now I've rediscovered my love for the game. Now that I'm putting up respectable numbers

Respectable round. Get the driver cooking get it down to 80!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I haven't been this happy about a 45 in a while. Two balls in the water on 9 because I'm a moron, and ended up with an 8.

To make a long story short, I have been having some back issues for the last 8-9 months. Pain is finally gone and when I was playing last week, my friend commented that my swing was all arms, so today I really focused on getting my body into the action and suddenly the irons were going the distances I'm accustomed to and I hit more GIR than I have in a while (50%).

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
7W: :callaway-small:Epic Flash 19* TourAD (can't remember the exact model)
4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 23* Recoil 780ES
5-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
54*, 58*: :Sub70: TAIII Black
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Most Recent TestFit For Golf 2.0

Sure is an ego deflator. Wake up call for me.

I played a course all summer that was soaking wet almost the whole time.  Drivers bounced back a foot routinely. This was another huge ego deflator when you thought you really caught one good, but then lasered it back to the tee and wished you never were so curious.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Well, after a couple months of playing extremely good golf, I finally lost it. Not horribly bad, but the consistency in my swinghas disappeared for a minute. I played the club championship last weekend and shot 83, 85. 4 doubles in each round, and a few 3 putts. Had a good time, just couldn't find it out on the course. I need a round or 2 of golf where score doesnt matter, and I don't need to grind over every shot. Unfortunately I have another club championship this weekend and our interclub playoff next weekend. Lots of golf, but after next weekend I will be taking a week or so off to rest

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Garmin connect doesn't appear to be golf centered. What am I missing?attachicon.gifIMG_4884.PNG

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Has to be used with a Garmin GPS that supports shot tracking. Using it with the x40 and was money well spent.

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

Ended with a pretty good (for me) score though I did NOT play all that well ... 45 / 50 for 95. 

17 putts each side for 34 putts total; so clearly still have a lot of work to do Tee to Green to keep improving.

Very happy with the end result, of course, but there are a few caveats...

1. Played from the forward tees with my wife; it was just under 5100 yds.

2. There's no Men's Rating for the Red tees but for the Whites, at (only) 5835 yds, it's 67.5/121. So not a terribly difficult course.

3. In fact, this muni course is very "user friendly"; eg. generally wide fairways which were dry so you got extra rollout, rough was cut short and also was dry so you couldn't lose your ball and it was easy to get out and you got some extra rollout there too, and the bunkers were also dry and hard-packed so it was more like chipping out.

4. No major elevation changes (a few small ones) and not really any blind shots. 

5. Gave myself a "free" ;-) first tee Mulligan (that's a 'thing', right?); otherwise counted everything. First tee shot was playable, I'd topped it, but I wanted to start out better (and there was no one behind us). 

Here's the story......

Front 9 hit Bogeys on #1 thru #7; #8 was Par but then on #9 I sliced off the tee shot, re-tee'ed and finished in 4 so scored a Double. So +9 on the Front 9 - yea! best 9-Hole score to date! - with one penalty and 17 putts. Did this with only hitting two fairways (like I said the rough was not really "rough" and not a penalty; the second tee shot on #9 did hit the fairway but that doesn't count as an "FIR") and only one GIR (#7, which I then proceeded to 3-putt to keep my Bogey streak alive [ha ha]).

Back 9 started out well with Par, then Bogey-Bogey-Bogey. Which was actually good as EACH TIME on 10 thru 13 I'd chunked the approach shot so it went a little wide and/or short and INTO A BUNKER.... :(  But I got out and 1-putted #10 and 2-putted #11, 12, 13. OK, happy enough with that.

But for some reason I let that fourth in-a-row chunked approach get to me and my attitude and focus went downhill. 

And that's when we got to Par 3 #15. 145 yds, level, an occasional light gust of wind, a big enough round green that sloped upwards towards the back and was surrounded by mounds plus a bunker across the whole front. That distance is (normally.....) not a problem for me but I managed to push/slice/hack the shot waaay off to the right and behind a stand of trees now between me and the green. No shot through them so tried to punch one low under the branches but did not execute it well and had to do one more chip to get onto the green... Almost made that putt .. somewhere like 30-35 ft maybe slightly downhill and breaking to my right; it just grazed the high side of the hole. So a Double.

(Yes, Kenny - I broke both #1 and #2 of The HH Rules on one hole...)

Next hole was a longer Par 4, dogleg right, and again with a wide open fairway. In fact, it was hard to tell the distance to the outside farther edge of the dogleg .. so a LOT of room for error there. But I manage to top the tee shot and it dribbles down the right side of the fairway and stops just short of the inside of the dogleg and behind a big old tree with lots of very leafy branches. Take out the hybrid, just a low punch out just to the left of tree and towards the far side of the fairway - no problem, right? Well I must have been carrying a lot of tension in my arms because that ball took off -- high and turning right and climbing some more and turning right some more -- gone!

Ouch. Drop one (in the same spot) and settle in and line up and visualize what I'd intended to do with the first shot and -- that ball took off -- high and turning right and climbing some more and turning right some more -- gone!! Almost an exact duplicate of the previous shot!

Ouch ouch. Drop another one (in the same spot) and just swing. OK - i miss the tree, I miss the branches, ball goes out and fades towards the hole - whew!! Still took me two chips to get on. EIGHT to get on plus two putts for a TEN.

Did consider other options for that second shot but I'd actually thought at the time that this shot was a good 'percentage play'. Guess we'll be re-evaluating those types of situations more carefully in the future! 

(Yes, Kenny .. once again, for twice in a row .. I broke both #1 and #2 of The HH Rules on one hole...)

OK ok, settle down, we're still in the game! Next up is a short Par 4, runs downhill from the tee then up to a slightly elevated green fronted by rough and bunkers but very accessible. Take out a 6i to play for position and what do I do...?? Fluff it out to the right and directly behind some low-hanging branches... Then it's like I'd never ever never hit a wedge before and it takes me three more to get on .. another Double.

(Yes, Kenny .. once again, for THREE times in a row .. I broke both #1 and #2 of The HH Rules on one hole...)

So earned myself an add'l +10 strokes in just those three holes. ((..sigh....))

Finished decently, though - good enough tee shot on #17 but a bad second shot for a Bogey, and a good tee shot and a good enough second shot on #18 for a Par.

So the Back 9 I had 4 fairways hit but still only one GIR.

Interestingly, most of my bad tee shots were topped or pulled left, except for one tee shot (#9) that I overtly sliced off ... but three bad tee shots on those three worst holes all went Right. Not sure exactly how to evaluate that other than to simply say, "Well, don't miss out to the right!"

Oh, and a few tidbits about the course:

- designed in 1925 by Everett Devereaux who did a number of public and private courses back in the day, including Nassau CC.

- quirky layout 1: after finishing hole #1 you go around the outside edge of green #4 .. so you have to go when no one is hitting up! You'd think they'd re-route this loop #1-#4 but I'm guessing that's waaay too expensive for a muni course.

- quirky layout 2: after finishing #18 .. which plays away from the clubhouse and parking lot .. you have to cross over in front of the tee box on #10!

- It was only $20 to walk for 18 .. hard to beat that!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Played with Foz and his friend Wayne today. Cart path only I think it would have been less walking to walk. 24k steps according to my phone app. Up and down mounds, wet turf, heat index around 100, brutal walk.

Fun day though no birdies but according to Foz the scores were 77,87,97. I'm not sure who had what but I'm almost certain most me was the 77. I seemed to hit it fewer times than anyone else and I didn't loose a ball.

I will confess that we played up a half a set of tees from where I normally would. It was all carry today. Very little roll.

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Played with Foz and his friend Wayne today. Cart path only I think it would have been less walking to walk. 24k steps according to my phone app. Up and down mounds, wet turf, heat index around 100, brutal walk.

Fun day though no birdies but according to Foz the scores were 77,87,97. I'm not sure who had what but I'm almost certain most me was the 77. I seemed to hit it fewer times than anyone else and I didn't loose a ball.

I will confess that we played up a half a set of tees from where I normally would. It was all carry today. Very little roll.

I'll try to hook up with u guys one of these days when I get everything working.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Unfortunately, the 97 was mine......50/47.....lost one ball. Had some difficulty hitting off the swampland like conditions, then putting on very fast greens....but enjoyed the afternoon with the Rev. Can't wait to do it again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Unfortunately, the 97 was mine......50/47.....lost one ball. Had some difficulty hitting off the swampland like conditions, then putting on very fast greens....but enjoyed the afternoon with the Rev. Can't wait to do it again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Sound like a great time guys!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I had a great day, or I made a great day out of it. Played white front and blue back nine shot 36-36 even Steven today. 2 birdies and 2 bogeys one each, each nine. Hit almost every fairways and greens, both birdies were missed eagle putts, thanks revkev. I was gonna lay up but I said to myself out loud wwrkd, what would revkev do :)

Ok, now this is what made the round so much fun for me. I had a tee time, when I went to check in there's a guy yelling at the starter outside the pro shop, clearly complaining about the Marshall. Inside the Marshall was telling his side. I know everyone there so when they were trying to see which group I said put me with the loud guy.

They, well just one guy was not happy he was loud and obnoxious. They tee from the blue playing skins among the three. I was the last to hit and I played from the white, I heard a comment about how I'm gonna suck and slowed them down. I shot even par in the front, pumped and motivated.

On the 10th tee while waiting the loud guy asked what I shot in the front. I said I had a birdie and a bogey and the rest par, he said it was easy from the white. Why don't I come join them on the blue and see what "real golf" is like. I accepted the challenge. 3 putted the last hole for a 72 to their low 90s.

Satisfied? Oh yeah!

I love it.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Ended with a pretty good (for me) score though I did NOT play all that well ... 45 / 50 for 95. 

17 putts each side for 34 putts total; so clearly still have a lot of work to do Tee to Green to keep improving.

Very happy with the end result, of course, but there are a few caveats...
1. Played from the forward tees with my wife; it was just under 5100 yds.
2. There's no Men's Rating for the Red tees but for the Whites, at (only) 5835 yds, it's 67.5/121. So not a terribly difficult course.
3. In fact, this muni course is very "user friendly"; eg. generally wide fairways which were dry so you got extra rollout, rough was cut short and also was dry so you couldn't lose your ball and it was easy to get out and you got some extra rollout there too, and the bunkers were also dry and hard-packed so it was more like chipping out.
4. No major elevation changes (a few small ones) and not really any blind shots. 
5. Gave myself a "free" ;-) first tee Mulligan (that's a 'thing', right?); otherwise counted everything. First tee shot was playable, I'd topped it, but I wanted to start out better (and there was no one behind us). 

Here's the story......
Front 9 hit Bogeys on #1 thru #7; #8 was Par but then on #9 I sliced off the tee shot, re-tee'ed and finished in 4 so scored a Double. So +9 on the Front 9 - yea! best 9-Hole score to date! - with one penalty and 17 putts. Did this with only hitting two fairways (like I said the rough was not really "rough" and not a penalty; the second tee shot on #9 did hit the fairway but that doesn't count as an "FIR") and only one GIR (#7, which I then proceeded to 3-putt to keep my Bogey streak alive [ha ha]).

Back 9 started out well with Par, then Bogey-Bogey-Bogey. Which was actually good as EACH TIME on 10 thru 13 I'd chunked the approach shot so it went a little wide and/or short and INTO A BUNKER.... :(  But I got out and 1-putted #10 and 2-putted #11, 12, 13. OK, happy enough with that.

But for some reason I let that fourth in-a-row chunked approach get to me and my attitude and focus went downhill. 

And that's when we got to Par 3 #15. 145 yds, level, an occasional light gust of wind, a big enough round green that sloped upwards towards the back and was surrounded by mounds plus a bunker across the whole front. That distance is (normally.....) not a problem for me but I managed to push/slice/hack the shot waaay off to the right and behind a stand of trees now between me and the green. No shot through them so tried to punch one low under the branches but did not execute it well and had to do one more chip to get onto the green... Almost made that putt .. somewhere like 30-35 ft maybe slightly downhill and breaking to my right; it just grazed the high side of the hole. So a Double.

(Yes, Kenny - I broke both #1 and #2 of The HH Rules on one hole...)

Next hole was a longer Par 4, dogleg right, and again with a wide open fairway. In fact, it was hard to tell the distance to the outside farther edge of the dogleg .. so a LOT of room for error there. But I manage to top the tee shot and it dribbles down the right side of the fairway and stops just short of the inside of the dogleg and behind a big old tree with lots of very leafy branches. Take out the hybrid, just a low punch out just to the left of tree and towards the far side of the fairway - no problem, right? Well I must have been carrying a lot of tension in my arms because that ball took off -- high and turning right and climbing some more and turning right some more -- gone!

Ouch. Drop one (in the same spot) and settle in and line up and visualize what I'd intended to do with the first shot and -- that ball took off -- high and turning right and climbing some more and turning right some more -- gone!! Almost an exact duplicate of the previous shot!

Ouch ouch. Drop another one (in the same spot) and just swing. OK - i miss the tree, I miss the branches, ball goes out and fades towards the hole - whew!! Still took me two chips to get on. EIGHT to get on plus two putts for a TEN.

Did consider other options for that second shot but I'd actually thought at the time that this shot was a good 'percentage play'. Guess we'll be re-evaluating those types of situations more carefully in the future! 

(Yes, Kenny .. once again, for twice in a row .. I broke both #1 and #2 of The HH Rules on one hole...)

OK ok, settle down, we're still in the game! Next up is a short Par 4, runs downhill from the tee then up to a slightly elevated green fronted by rough and bunkers but very accessible. Take out a 6i to play for position and what do I do...?? Fluff it out to the right and directly behind some low-hanging branches... Then it's like I'd never ever never hit a wedge before and it takes me three more to get on .. another Double.

(Yes, Kenny .. once again, for THREE times in a row .. I broke both #1 and #2 of The HH Rules on one hole...)

So earned myself an add'l +10 strokes in just those three holes. ((..sigh....))

Finished decently, though - good enough tee shot on #17 but a bad second shot for a Bogey, and a good tee shot and a good enough second shot on #18 for a Par.

So the Back 9 I had 4 fairways hit but still only one GIR.

Interestingly, most of my bad tee shots were topped or pulled left, except for one tee shot (#9) that I overtly sliced off ... but three bad tee shots on those three worst holes all went Right. Not sure exactly how to evaluate that other than to simply say, "Well, don't miss out to the right!"

Oh, and a few tidbits about the course:
- designed in 1925 by Everett Devereaux who did a number of public and private courses back in the day, including Nassau CC.
- quirky layout 1: after finishing hole #1 you go around the outside edge of green #4 .. so you have to go when no one is hitting up! You'd think they'd re-route this loop #1-#4 but I'm guessing that's waaay too expensive for a muni course.
- quirky layout 2: after finishing #18 .. which plays away from the clubhouse and parking lot .. you have to cross over in front of the tee box on #10!
- It was only $20 to walk for 18 .. hard to beat that!

Soooooo....... how did your wife play???    B)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had a great day, or I made a great day out of it. Played white front and blue back nine shot 36-36 even Steven today. 2 birdies and 2 bogeys one each, each nine. Hit almost every fairways and greens, both birdies were missed eagle putts, thanks revkev. I was gonna lay up but I said to myself out loud wwrkd, what would revkev do :)

Ok, now this is what made the round so much fun for me. I had a tee time, when I went to check in there's a guy yelling at the starter outside the pro shop, clearly complaining about the Marshall. Inside the Marshall was telling his side. I know everyone there so when they were trying to see which group I said put me with the loud guy.

They, well just one guy was not happy he was loud and obnoxious. They tee from the blue playing skins among the three. I was the last to hit and I played from the white, I heard a comment about how I'm gonna suck and slowed them down. I shot even par in the front, pumped and motivated.

On the 10th tee while waiting the loud guy asked what I shot in the front. I said I had a birdie and a bogey and the rest par, he said it was easy from the white. Why don't I come join them on the blue and see what "real golf" is like. I accepted the challenge. 3 putted the last hole for a 72 to their low 90s.

Satisfied? Oh yeah!

I love happy endings, kinda brings a tear to your eye.

Good job!

Rick

Left Hand, 

I'll try to hook up with u guys one of these days when I get everything working.

If I waited until everything was working I'd never get out of bed. :)

Foz and I just need to drive up and meet you at World Woods when it starts to cool down a bit. October!

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I'm out visiting family and couldn't bring my own clubs, first drive went dead straight, topped the next shot, and it just got worse from there. Shot a 54 (9 holes) which is 6-8 shots worse than I've done in several months.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Playing rentals, or a friend's clubs always adds strokes to my score. It's all about familiarity

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W