Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

... I had my first bogie free round in sight today. 5 under thru 15 and on 16 I did not play the 15-20 mph wind enough and ended up in the bunker right under the lip. Blasted out to 18 feet but then I made the putt! To be honest I was already carding a bogie in my head as it was a tough putt. Then on 17 I played too much wind and it didn't come back enough this time leaving me a downhill shot thru 8 feet of fringe but rolled it to a foot and tapped in for par. Dead into the 20 mph wind on 18 hit a good drive but still had 171 into the wind. Hit a knockdown King Utility that caught the edge of deep rough around the bunker protecting the green. I could not see the ball until I was directly over it.  I just needed to get up and down from 35 feet for a bogie free 5 under round. Played it like a bunker shot and left it 7 feet under the hole. 

... Played it left edge and that is where it stayed, lipping out in an almost 360 and sat there on the edge mocking me as if it were saying "Bogie free in 20 mph winds? LOL. What were you thinking?" The golf gods can be so generous and soooo cruel. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Played 2 rounds over he weekend. The Saturday round was a fun game. We did what we call a 3x6. 3 formats, 6 holes each. First 6 was better ball. Second 6 was captains choice, and third 6 was modified alternate shot. We shot 72, finished in 4th place in our flight. Neither one of us played great, but we played ok.

The Sunday round was another interclub match. I shot 36-42 for a 78. We pulled up to the 12th tee box and the group in front of us was sitting in their carts waiting. We waited about 15 minutes, and my back went stiff and I couldn't get loose again, so I struggled with flipping everything to the right with some nasty hooks. We tied the match 3-3.

However there was a really bright spot on the round. It happened on our 8th hole, 190 yards, over a bunker so it was all carry, my partner already knocked it to 8 feet and we were highfiving because it's a really hard shot. I pulled my 6 iron, which is not enough club unless I absolutely stole it flush with a little extra, but the 5 iron will fly the green. There is only about 20 feet between the edge of a deep bunker and the flag and the green slopes away and right to left. So it has to be a perfect shot to get close. Well, I hit he best 6 iron of my life, it landed softly, and was on line, so I bent over to pick up my tee, figuring I would have a kick in birdie, and was headed back to the cart when one of the guys on the other team said it's still rolling, very slowly, so I looked back up at it to see the last few inches of roll before the yellow and black soccer ball disappeared. That's right my very first ACE. It was so cool watching it slowly roll into the hole. me and my golf temamate woke the neighborhood with the hootin and hollerin, screaming and excitement. It was so unbelievable.

So, add me to the "HOLE IN ONE" club. 8-20-17.

Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shot my best ever round of 77, beating my previous best by NINE strokes had an incredible front nine. 3 birdies (should've been 4), plus one 37. My putter was smoking hot, and chipped in from thick rough above the green on a downhill lie. Walking to the 10th tee, one of the members in my group commented on how well I played the front. I knew I played well but for some reason I added up my score (which I never do after 9) and my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the score. That's definitely where I went wrong and I started to think "what could the final score be?".

On the back, I made par from where I should've made a double a couple times, and bogey where I should've at least had a look at birdie. Oh well, I guess that's golf. Super happy my lessons and practice time are starting to show. Absolutely over the moon right now!!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... Wow, that is very impressive considering you looked at your front 9 score! Well done not succumbing to the pressure. My son has played for 1.5 years and never broken 90. We were playing last week and he shot a 40 on the front 9. The pressure was just too much and he shot a 50 on the back and doubled the last hole. You usually have to be there a few times to break thru so 7 UNDER your best score is just crazy good. Congrats! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Shot my best ever round of 77, beating my previous best by NINE strokes had an incredible front nine. 3 birdies (should've been 4), plus one 37. My putter was smoking hot, and chipped in from thick rough above the green on a downhill lie. Walking to the 10th tee, one of the members in my group commented on how well I played the front. I knew I played well but for some reason I added up my score (which I never do after 9) and my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the score. That's definitely where I went wrong and I started to think "what could the final score be?".

On the back, I made par from where I should've made a double a couple times, and bogey where I should've at least had a look at birdie. Oh well, I guess that's golf. Super happy my lessons and practice time are starting to show. Absolutely over the moon right now!!

Awesome round! Don't you wish you can bottled that :)

Congrats on the new career round, great playing!

Also, I've finalized my 4 club bag, since it's supposed to be about challenging yourself I'm taking the woods out of my bag for this one. 5 Iron, 9 Iron, SW, Putter. Gonnaa be tough giving up my length, but the tournament's for fun and the prize is the one thing I don't need more of, more golf balls!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Best score of the month for me.......42/42:84 with 20 Hcp netted a 64 at Pebble Creek......and they were punching the greens in front of us. I came in Second in our senior men's league......$15 WooHoo!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I just want to say, this thread is really inspiring for some of us who can't get out as much as we'd like to get out there and play more. Seeing everyone playing so well and seeing success every time you come into this thread is awesome! 

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

I just want to say, this thread is really inspiring for some of us who can't get out as much as we'd like to get out there and play more. Seeing everyone playing so well and seeing success every time you come into this thread is awesome!

Yeah it's great to read this thread on a rainy day or when you are trapped in the office.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Had a good but goofy round today. Bogied the first two holes, parred the next two, two more bogies. Four over after six, thought at that point that it would just be a day to enjoy the fact I was playing golf. Then I birdied the seventh hole and parred the last two to finish the front at three over. Birdied the tenth and parred the rest of the way in for a two over score. Just goes to show that even after a so so start sometimes the golf gods smile on you. Hope you all had great rounds today. For all you folks in Texas, stay safe.

Driver: Taylormade QI10

3W: Taylormade QI10

5W: Taylormade QI10

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Irons: 5 to LW Taylormade Stealth

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

Ball: Taylormade TP 

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag

Shot an even par 70 with some friends today on a very short course (there were two 450 yard par fives and I can get within 30 yards of about 4 of the par 4s with driver).  Didn't hit the ball very well but short game was pretty decent.  My distance control with my irons from good lies was absolutely awful.  Shots were coming up way short.  Like about 20 yards short, and I have no idea what is going on.  There are 5 par threes on this course, and I was way short on all of them.  But from the rough, I had perfect distance control maybe just because I was trying to swing harder to make sure I got it there? I'm not sure.  But it sure was nice to play a course where I could hit it more than 150 yards out of the rough for a change.  Not having an automatic bogey from the rough makes the round certainly more enjoyable.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Found out today that I still have some talent to play this game. Played Nassau CC from the tips and shot even par. Drove it ok but hit my irons very well and putted great on very fast greens. Special thanks to Sean Toulon for getting my Indy back to me in time for today.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

... Wow, that is very impressive considering you looked at your front 9 score! Well done not succumbing to the pressure. My son has played for 1.5 years and never broken 90. We were playing last week and he shot a 40 on the front 9. The pressure was just too much and he shot a 50 on the back and doubled the last hole. You usually have to be there a few times to break thru so 7 UNDER your best score is just crazy good. Congrats!

Awesome round! Don't you wish you can bottled that :)

Congrats on the new career round, great playing!

Also, I've finalized my 4 club bag, since it's supposed to be about challenging yourself I'm taking the woods out of my bag for this one. 5 Iron, 9 Iron, SW, Putter. Gonnaa be tough giving up my length, but the tournament's for fun and the prize is the one thing I don't need more of, more golf balls!

Thanks everyone! chisag, I've broken 40 on the front before (actually did it a round or two before), and have had low 40s on the back, but was never able to put them both together. Also just finished a set of 3 lessons with the course pro, the day before and when I came into his office and told him his eyes almost popped out of his head! Rusty, absolutely. I had a dummy double bogey in a 4 hole stretch where I birdied the other 3. The next 2 holes I made a 15' with 5' of break, and the nasty chip in. Couldn't help but smile after that hole.

Went out to the home course today it was going to be a practice, I was going to work on the new driver. Hit 2-3 drives each holes to get the right feel and since it was all pretty good drives I decided to play the holes. By the time I got to the 4th holes an old buddy member caught up with me on the tee. So I stopped the practicing and started playing the rest of the round.

By now I'm used to the spaceship looking BB Fusion head, man I conducted symphony with that driver today, including the first 4 holes I didn't miss any fairways. Missed 5-6 birdie putts and only missed one par putt. Shot 70 including the 2 birdies from the first 4 holes practice.

In all I came away with solid memory that I can recall on each hole with the new driver which is priceless. Now I'm hoping to get out on one of the weekends round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Atrociously.

Drove the ball well, but had a real struggle with everything else. The gap between my good and bad was massive. If it wasn't a really good shot it was awful.

Had 2 birdies and still managed a very ugly 14 over. Every time I play the day after being on call I regret it. Next time I'll try to remember that.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Taking today off but my son had golf tryouts today for the fall league. Hit is really well and will be playing with the first team as the 2 or 3. Very happy for the little guy.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Tale of two. Par is 36, 35, 71. Shot 9 over on the front, couldn't get driver or putter going. Back nine I had birdie, bogey, then left birdie putt 1~2" short. So 45,35, 80

Awesome come back!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The saga continues for me. Snuck out this morning for a semi-quick round. Love my new SGD, while I don't think I need it but it really boost the driving experience. The best way to explain it is to compare the experience to the traction control. I drove the ball really well that everything else in between was on the back burners. I joined up with another member and 2 of his guests, really nice fellas.

Shot 37-36 and have no complaints, left the apex at home and went out with the raze x forged set it's definitely the best feeling clubs I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Played in the member tournament for my companies golf league.  18 hole flighted tournament.  In general I played pretty well and ended up shooting 37-42=79.   Started on 17 with a double and ended on 16 with a triple.  Rolled off 12 consecutive pars and 14 pars total on the days.   Hit a few iron shots close but couldn't convert any of them for birdies.   The triple on the last took me out of the hunt for low gross and top 5 in my flight.    

Only issue was the length of the round.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Swapped out the Cobra F6 irons for my BH ptx's today and shot 42/46:88. My approach shots were spot on the flag but 5 - 10 yards short

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Today, same bag, 44/44:88. Concentrated on approach shots and getting the right distance from my irons

So, today was the day, the 4 club tournament. Full disclosure, I made a sub yesterday after a range session. 5 iron went out, 4 wood in. Weather was cold and course was wet so I needed a bit more distance. So the bag was 4 wood, 8 iron, GW, and putter.

Shot 42-41 for 83. Should have done better. My undoing was the early start. I showed up on 4 hours of sleep after the fight last night and suffered 2 early doubles. Fought back to post +7 on the front. Back was cruising, +1 through 5, but 6 was a mental meltdown. Tried a punch 20 around 2 trees instead of punching back to the fairway and taking my chance from 85 yards and made a stupid triple. Made 2 birdies on the back with the par 5's going 4W-4W and chipping tight.

In all, a fun round, a challenging round, and in it's own way a disappointing round because it could have been even better

SIK Golf Flo-C

Tale of two. Par is 36, 35, 71. Shot 9 over on the front, couldn't get driver or putter going. Back nine I had birdie, bogey, then left birdie putt 1~2" short. So 45,35, 80

Funny sometimes how that happens. I've had it go the other way as well, shoot an awesome front and can't put two shots together on the back except for that birdie on eighteen to bring you back.

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Funny sometimes how that happens. I've had it go the other way as well, shoot an awesome front and can't put two shots together on the back except for that birdie on eighteen to bring you back.

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Funny how that happens sometimes. I've had it go the other way too, shoot an awesome front, then can't put two shots together on the back except that birdie on eighteen to bring you back.

Not really sure what happened there but I posted then it froze, closed out then came back on reposted and then it made triplets. Sorry about that.

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10