Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Fun day of golf yesterday;  got to meet fellow MGS members RexS and Carolina Golfer 2.   It was supposed to be a 36 hole day but the temps were upper 90s and some played 18 others 27 and others up to 36.     Was an up and down day for me with 3 birdies but also a couple of doubles,  triple and the dreaded quad.  I think CG2 was the smart one only playing 18;  I ended up playing 52 holes;  I had to take a couple of holes off due to the heat.  

Playing golf with golf with fellow spys is just fun!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Fun day of golf yesterday;  got to meet fellow MGS members RexS and Carolina Golfer 2.   It was supposed to be a 36 hole day but the temps were upper 90s and some played 18 others 27 and others up to 36.     Was an up and down day for me with 3 birdies but also a couple of doubles,  triple and the dreaded quad.  I think CG2 was the smart one only playing 18;  I ended up playing 52 holes;  I had to take a couple of holes off due to the heat.  

I may be adding kingcscott to my list of fellow spys this Wednesday afternoon if the weather permits. He lives in Athens, Ga. which is just a few miles from where I live. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Wasted a really good round by making a double and a triple. Just had a brain f@rt on two holes. Still shot 80 and I can't complain because that has been my best score for the last couple of months. But just taking a bogey on those two holes would have been a 77 score. My wife shot a career best 82.

My wife and I played with the Service Manager and his boss at our local Dodge dealer where I get my Charger serviced, and we all had a great time. They asked us to play in a charity scramble in two weeks. I'm not big on scrambles because of all the sandbagging, but I'm sure we will have fun, and I would support the charity anyway.

Play the scramble. Slow, ridiculous but can be lots of fun. Usually decent dinner afterwards. Sandbagging is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

41/46 = 87

Far 2

GIR 6

32 putts 1-3 putt 5-1 putts

Back to back birds, that has not happened in awhile.

Wedge game was not good today.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

41/46 = 87

Far 2

GIR 6

32 putts 1-3 putt 5-1 putts

Back to back birds, that has not happened in awhile.

Wedge game was not good today.

Great front, just got to put it together. I know I do the same thing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Club Championship weekend, rounds 2 and 3 on the year. Went 79-81. Short game struggles cost me a few and didn't make a single birdie over 36 and really no putts of consequence. Upside was I was doing everything else right, driving the ball beautifully and hitting some sweet irons. Such is life. Third in gross, t-4 in net.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

OK, golf is a strange game.

..oh wait: you guys already knew that....

Yeah yeah, I know there's ups and downs in your game, but...

A few weeks ago, on a tough hilly course (Upstate NY) with very fast and very contoured greens I ended with a +23 -- not counting a bunch of Mulligans (like 6) -- for 18 holes:

- 5 Pars (with an "almost" 2 Birdies)

- 6 Bogeys

- 5 Doubles

- 1 Triple

- 1 Quad

- with 3-putts 6 times; 1-putt once

So I was actually pretty happy with that; this was a Par 70 course (in theory!) so I ended with a 93* (again: *not counting like 6 Mulligans). Not a lot of great shots, but fewer than usual really bad ones and except for a lot of bad tee shots (from the White tees) seemed to be able to keep the ball in play and headed towards the green. Short game was good and saved even more blow-up holes.

Then this past week we're traveling in NC and first outing played 9 (North Shore CC) where I ended with a +8 / 44 - and with just 1 Mulligan. Could have played that tee shot, but had topped it and really wanted to get a decent tee shot - which I did. Started Par, Par then a string of Bogeys where I either wasted one shot getting to the green or had a 3-putt, then a Double where I had both a wasted shot and an extra putt, then Bogey, Bogey to finish. And this was despite, after the first two holes, having seven crappy tee shots (and from the Red tees!) .. so irons and wedges were working ok!

So I'm starting to let myself think... Is this it??? Is this my "new normal" of playing in the 40s for 9 or (egads!) in the 90s??!!??

(Can it be? I mean - if I could just get off the tee clean I could play this game!)

Next two outings in NC we play first the Back 9 and next day the Front 9 on a challenging - but not overly so - course (Oak Island). First day I play from the Golds and next day from the Whites. 

First day was a mix of some ok tee shots, some not so ok - took 2 x Mulligans; some ok iron and wedge shots, some not so ok - the usual ups and downs without either side prevailing.... 4 x Bogeys and 4 x Doubles but 1 really bad blow-up hole where I hit the water TWICE .. in two different places, too .. first time on the second shot where I went too far left and missed the fairway and the ball rolled back down the bank into the creek; then on the approach where I hooked it left and caught the downside of another bank and .. yep .. the ball rolled down in to the creek..... Then to literally add insult to injury took THREE wedge shots from 80 out to get onto the green. Took a 12 (but it was the #2 handicap hole of the course). Ended at +19 / 55 (with 2 x Mulligans).

Ok, ok - just a blip, right? You're just a little tight and sore from traveling and driving and hotel beds and playing two days in a row, right? (Don't usually play consecutive days.)

Next day we're paired with a single, a nice younger guy who moved to the area from Rochester, NY; the other days it was just my wife and I. Courses down there are much less busy, and much cheaper, too, than here. So I move back to the Whites with him and first tee shot - low hook into the lateral hazard, which is marsh, reeds and gaters. Second tee shot - high slice into the trees to find a thick groundcover of vines and leaves. Two shots, two balls down and lying 5 where I drop next to our playing partner's drive. Still took another 5 to get down on the opening Par 5 for a +5 start....

Well.........

After that first hole I'm hitting every tee shot. I Par the second hole - with a GIR after two good shots - which is the #1 rated hole on the course. Go figure!!! Tee shot on #3, a Par 3, finds a bunker and I get out but ... 4-putt; Triple. Decent tee shot next hole, but then need two extra shots to hit the green on a long Par 5; Double. Another decent tee shot but ends up as a blow-up hole; Quad. Then a good tee shots but again ends in disaster as I hack out a second major blow-up hole; +6 over.

Then we get to a tough Par 3 - long, over water and waste area to a narrowing uphill apron fronting an elevated sloping green with deep bunkers right and trees - and a house deck! - left. Whiff my tee shot - take a Mulligan - and nail the second: high, straight and just a bit short landing on the upslope in front of the green and sticks. Hit the chip up onto my spot but it rolls out more left than expected, though ends pin high (so right distance) and on a fairly flat section. I don't blow the putt so down in 3 (with the Mulligan). Closing two tee shots just keep getting better and better but I can't close out the holes well, and end Bogey, Triple.

I end at +23 for 9 holes, with 1 x Mulligan. Had 7 / 9 good tee shots but then very few good iron or wedge shots, and putting was spotty.

So I'm trying to compare this to my +23 for 18 on a much harder, and harder putting, course and can only conclude: 
Golf is a strange game.

:D

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Should have stayed in bed and not played in the rain this morning. Was five over on the first four holes in the rain and even par the rest of the front nine after it stopped. Up and down on the back for two over to shoot 78. My gut instinct was to bail and watch the Open and I went against it.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

OK, golf is a strange game.

..oh wait: you guys already knew that....

Yeah yeah, I know there's ups and downs in your game, but...

A few weeks ago, on a tough hilly course (Upstate NY) with very fast and very contoured greens I ended with a +23 -- not counting a bunch of Mulligans (like 6) -- for 18 holes:

- 5 Pars (with an "almost" 2 Birdies)

- 6 Bogeys

- 5 Doubles

- 1 Triple

- 1 Quad

- with 3-putts 6 times; 1-putt once

So I was actually pretty happy with that; this was a Par 70 course (in theory!) so I ended with a 93* (again: *not counting like 6 Mulligans). Not a lot of great shots, but fewer than usual really bad ones and except for a lot of bad tee shots (from the White tees) seemed to be able to keep the ball in play and headed towards the green. Short game was good and saved even more blow-up holes.

Then this past week we're traveling in NC and first outing played 9 (North Shore CC) where I ended with a +8 / 44 - and with just 1 Mulligan. Could have played that tee shot, but had topped it and really wanted to get a decent tee shot - which I did. Started Par, Par then a string of Bogeys where I either wasted one shot getting to the green or had a 3-putt, then a Double where I had both a wasted shot and an extra putt, then Bogey, Bogey to finish. And this was despite, after the first two holes, having seven crappy tee shots (and from the Red tees!) .. so irons and wedges were working ok!

So I'm starting to let myself think... Is this it??? Is this my "new normal" of playing in the 40s for 9 or (egads!) in the 90s??!!??

(Can it be? I mean - if I could just get off the tee clean I could play this game!)

Next two outings in NC we play first the Back 9 and next day the Front 9 on a challenging - but not overly so - course (Oak Island). First day I play from the Golds and next day from the Whites. 

First day was a mix of some ok tee shots, some not so ok - took 2 x Mulligans; some ok iron and wedge shots, some not so ok - the usual ups and downs without either side prevailing.... 4 x Bogeys and 4 x Doubles but 1 really bad blow-up hole where I hit the water TWICE .. in two different places, too .. first time on the second shot where I went too far left and missed the fairway and the ball rolled back down the bank into the creek; then on the approach where I hooked it left and caught the downside of another bank and .. yep .. the ball rolled down in to the creek..... Then to literally add insult to injury took THREE wedge shots from 80 out to get onto the green. Took a 12 (but it was the #2 handicap hole of the course). Ended at +19 / 55 (with 2 x Mulligans).

Ok, ok - just a blip, right? You're just a little tight and sore from traveling and driving and hotel beds and playing two days in a row, right? (Don't usually play consecutive days.)

Next day we're paired with a single, a nice younger guy who moved to the area from Rochester, NY; the other days it was just my wife and I. Courses down there are much less busy, and much cheaper, too, than here. So I move back to the Whites with him and first tee shot - low hook into the lateral hazard, which is marsh, reeds and gaters. Second tee shot - high slice into the trees to find a thick groundcover of vines and leaves. Two shots, two balls down and lying 5 where I drop next to our playing partner's drive. Still took another 5 to get down on the opening Par 5 for a +5 start....

Well.........

After that first hole I'm hitting every tee shot. I Par the second hole - with a GIR after two good shots - which is the #1 rated hole on the course. Go figure!!! Tee shot on #3, a Par 3, finds a bunker and I get out but ... 4-putt; Triple. Decent tee shot next hole, but then need two extra shots to hit the green on a long Par 5; Double. Another decent tee shot but ends up as a blow-up hole; Quad. Then a good tee shots but again ends in disaster as I hack out a second major blow-up hole; +6 over.

Then we get to a tough Par 3 - long, over water and waste area to a narrowing uphill apron fronting an elevated sloping green with deep bunkers right and trees - and a house deck! - left. Whiff my tee shot - take a Mulligan - and nail the second: high, straight and just a bit short landing on the upslope in front of the green and sticks. Hit the chip up onto my spot but it rolls out more left than expected, though ends pin high (so right distance) and on a fairly flat section. I don't blow the putt so down in 3 (with the Mulligan). Closing two tee shots just keep getting better and better but I can't close out the holes well, and end Bogey, Triple.

I end at +23 for 9 holes, with 1 x Mulligan. Had 7 / 9 good tee shots but then very few good iron or wedge shots, and putting was spotty.

So I'm trying to compare this to my +23 for 18 on a much harder, and harder putting, course and can only conclude: 
Golf is a strange game.

:D

And fun!  Really fun!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Played at the Pinehills Nicklaus course in Plymouth MA yesterday .... #8 rated public course in MA.  

http://www.pinehillsgolf.com/nicklaus-course/

Pretty tough start but I kind of figured out the course on the back and managed to eek out an 86.

Course was PEPPERED with bunkers everywhere.... in the fairway landing zone, all around the greens.

Very little room for error on your approach into the very fast greens.  You had to drop it on a dime or else you were in either the thick rough or heather off the back.

I played a bit more conservatively on the back and it helped.

The fairways were very undulating.... as soon as you thought you hit what was a good drive you get to your ball and realize it's either above or below your feet.

The course was very nice....manicured well... excellent fairways/greens/bunkers but it was too much target golf for me.  I've played the Jones course before and like that one a lot better.

Got a super deal on Golfnow - 39.00 with cart compared to the regular 100 dollar rate.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

79 today. Played pretty poorly on the back nine but was happy with the front nine.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Another 80 today, back-to-back 80's this weekend.  And it was another could-have-been round; two doubles on the back nine, the easiest of the two nines.  If I could just focus for all 18 holes...

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tokay my ping eye2 out today, as the matter of fact our 4some play with all classic set. One play with with tommy Armour silver Scot, another played with dci, and I think my riding partner play with the zing2.

We were all hitting a few shots shorts the first few holes then we started hitting 5i instead of the usual 7i and things were back to normal. I shot well considering my anser2 putter feels a bit too light for my taste and lip out a few putts. Ended up with 71.

We all had smiles in our face hitting these clubs. We took a few mulligans hitting each other's clubs. Beryllium copper is not soft, sorry it's the harshest one out of the bunch.

Tokay my ping eye2 out today, as the matter of fact our 4some play with all classic set. One play with with tommy Armour silver Scot, another played with dci, and I think my riding partner play with the zing2.

We were all hitting a few shots shorts the first few holes then we started hitting 5i instead of the usual 7i and things were back to normal. I shot well considering my anser2 putter feels a bit too light for my taste and lip out a few putts. Ended up with 71.

We all had smiles in our face hitting these clubs. We took a few mulligans hitting each other's clubs. Beryllium copper is not soft, sorry it's the harshest one out of the bunch.

Sounds like a good time. BeCu is not soft per se, BeCu after full hard process is pretty tough stuff.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great time with Cnosil on Saturday, and it was great seeing Golfinnut as always and  meeting RexS, and but didn't get much time to chat with him, it was a large group and lots of chaos as to who was going with who and when, then throw in as mentioned by Cnosil the 2nd 18 was at a different course, so some guys ate lunch at the first course, others headed straight to the 2nd and some bailed early all together.   

As for the golf, it was a tale of two nines for me (see the Z565 driver thread that I bumped this morning for details)   But shot a 52/45 and I was very happy with the 45 considering I finished with a couple weak approach shots on 18 that led to a triple.    But the tee game improved on the back nine and the putter got hot, not quite Jordan Spieth hot, but pretty hot, with 13 putts on the back 9.  

As he mentioned the heat was over 100 degrees with index of 107 (according to weather channel app)  I only played 18, no way I could have begun the second 18 and made it more than 3 or 4 holes.  

Sending out well wishes to Golfinnut who had to call it after 12 holes and drove himself to the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital.   He was supposed to make it home last night, hope all is well with him.  

Just a reminder to everyone with another good month of heat ahead, don't mess around with it.  Drink plenty of water the day before and day of and during.  As boring as it sounds, avoid the alcohol during the round, that just makes it worst.   Take it slow and don't be afraid to stop if you're not feeling well or strong, it's not worth the risk....Ok, end of the PSA...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Played at the Pinehills Nicklaus course in Plymouth MA yesterday .... #8 rated public course in MA.

http://www.pinehillsgolf.com/nicklaus-course/

Pretty tough start but I kind of figured out the course on the back and managed to eek out an 86.

Course was PEPPERED with bunkers everywhere.... in the fairway landing zone, all around the greens.

Very little room for error on your approach into the very fast greens. You had to drop it on a dime or else you were in either the thick rough or heather off the back.

I played a bit more conservatively on the back and it helped.

The fairways were very undulating.... as soon as you thought you hit what was a good drive you get to your ball and realize it's either above or below your feet.

The course was very nice....manicured well... excellent fairways/greens/bunkers but it was too much target golf for me. I've played the Jones course before and like that one a lot better.

Got a super deal on Golfnow - 39.00 with cart compared to the regular 100 dollar rate.

Did u ever get to play Kitansett in Marion Ma.? It's another NE gem!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Did u ever get to play Kitansett in Marion Ma.? It's another NE gem!

Not yet but I will check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Played Saturday morning.  Had 3 birdies on the front for a 1-under 35 and couldn't get any on the back for a 39.  74 overall.  I was pretty pleased.  I hit the ball really well all day. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

My buddy and I played in the Member/Guest tournament at our club this weekend. Best ball format we shot 74 the first day and 76 the 2nd day. Got 4th in our flight, just 3 shots out of the money. Had a blast and this was our best finish.

Screenshot_20170724-141253.pngScreenshot_20170724-141301.png

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

I played an executive course par 65 yesterday. The front I shot a 44. I invited a friend that I hadn't seen in awhile, so I was more chatty and less focused. He could only play 9.

Walked back by myself and shot a 36. With 5 1 putts.

Question, when playing with old acquaintances do you normally lose focus? Or do you try to be a good host and make friend feel comfortable?

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Question, when playing with old acquaintances do you normally lose focus? Or do you try to be a good host and make friend feel comfortable?

Of course.  Part of the challenge is to be able to turn on the focus when it is your turn to hit.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

... We had a ton of rain lately so greens are very slow. But had a nice Father-Son moment on a par 4 that played 484 for him and 467 for me. Two mediocre drives left a 5 wood for me and a 5 iron for him, both of us coming up about 20 yards short of the green, him in the fairway and mine in the thick rough. He pitched to about an inch! And then I holed mine. Toughest hole on the course so it doesn't get any better than that. He shot his career low of 93 so it was a good day. I just couldn't make a birdie putt on some crazy slow greens and ended up with a bogie on an easy par 4 going from sand to sand to compliment my birdie on #5 along with 16 pars.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

So it's been awhile since I've posted or done anything here. Basically my life threw the guantlet in the past month and before that was not exactly fun.

I found out a month ago my job was moving on from me (came down to the boss wanted more friends). From then I played a few rounds but mostly packed and tried to find my next gig. I'm happy to say I landed in Fargo with a job that's awesome at least so far the last two weeks. I got out the last two weekends and the courses around here aren't awful which is a huge upgrade. I have to relearn how to walk and play golf again but I did manage to start to figure out my swing after a month off. I shot 91 and something like 60/42 the last time I played. All I know is the back 9 was a lot better than the front because the front was a disaster.

I'm just happy to be in a better place right now and hopefully playing a bit more golf before the summer season ends and I'm forced back into the simulator.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Of course. Part of the challenge is to be able to turn on the focus when it is your turn to hit.

This was my problem. I just felt like maybe by concentrating on my shot I wasn't giving an old friend time to hang out. He used to play more and beat me. Now I've easily got him by 8/10 strokes so I just didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Plus positive reinforcement to get him to play with us more

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

So it's been awhile since I've posted or done anything here. Basically my life threw the guantlet in the past month and before that was not exactly fun.

I found out a month ago my job was moving on from me (came down to the boss wanted more friends). From then I played a few rounds but mostly packed and tried to find my next gig. I'm happy to say I landed in Fargo with a job that's awesome at least so far the last two weeks. I got out the last two weekends and the courses around here aren't awful which is a huge upgrade. I have to relearn how to walk and play golf again but I did manage to start to figure out my swing after a month off. I shot 91 and something like 60/42 the last time I played. All I know is the back 9 was a lot better than the front because the front was a disaster.

I'm just happy to be in a better place right now and hopefully playing a bit more golf before the summer season ends and I'm forced back into the simulator.

Sorry to hear that for two reasons:

1. My winter vacation this year in January is Palm Springs, and I was hoping that we could hook up for a round.
  2. I lived in Fargo my sophomore year in H.S.  Worse winter of my life!!  Best of luck.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was invited to play with the group I played last week, interesting front 9, 3 of each par 3, 4 and 5. Shot 36-34-70. A little windy and it has huge greens and one of those mountain dictates how the putts rolled. Lack of local knowledge I missed a few reads that made me do the double take how the putt just broke uphill, had total of 32 putts.

Somehow the mountain course fits my eyes I hit every fairways til the last 2 holes. Loved it, it was a good rounds. 2 of the guys were retired sheriff and I just bought 2 pistols both are in dros, so we had lots to talk about. It was probably the main reason I missed the last 2 fairways:)

I went through something like that a couple years ago. Keep on truckin brutha!

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Shot 86 today... 57% of fairways, 67% of greens, averaged 2.33 putts per hole!!! Ugh!!!! EIGHT three-putts! EIGHT!!!!!!!!!! So frustrating as I actually played pretty well!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX