Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

As soon as Easter guests were leaving I was grabbing my shotscope, bag and out the back door for a quick 9. The course was empty, I got through the back 9 in less than 1.5hrs walking. I like the layout of the back 9, takes some brain power as there are alot of creeks and a lake to cross. Fired off a +1 due to a some crappy 3 putts. Had 2 birdies and 3 bogeys, should've been a -1 or -2 but that's golf. Screenshot_20240331_171059_ShotScope.jpg.de2994a2aed383a10da3d5a80cdff40d.jpg

Scott J

PXG Driver, AP2 irons, Cleveland wedges and Odyssey white ice 2.0

13 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Played 9 this afternoon with my honey. Nice clear day with mild temps, but a steady wind came in which is into you on a bunch of holes.

The Good:

• driver - 7/7 were good or playable
  • ball striking in general
  • one 8i approach got knocked down by a strong just, but hey it was a solid shot
  • one 9i approach from 110 on a ball below the feet lie hit the green to about 8ft past the flag - made Birdie!! (.. well it is the shortest Par 4...)
  • Putting - speed control was mostly pretty good on all the first putts

The Bad:

• Green reading - was consistently over-reading break
  • The two short Par 3s - not hitting my irons here solidly and missed both short right...
  • Didn't lose a ball 😂

The Ugly:

• Short game wedges. No B's I honestly practice with my wedges way more than full swing, but I just farged (fancy Brit term 😆) every short near-green approach.....

The Lucky Save:

• My wife claimed this honor after struggling a bit on the last hole .. then landing in a greenside bunker .. from which she hit too hard and the ball ran out and into the rough behind the green .. and from there she just kinda drops the putter onto the ball .. without really lining up it or anything .. ball rolls downhill towards the cup .. slows down .. takes the break .. BAZINGA!! .. into the cup and a "zero" putt hole for her!!

Anyway like I say in the Practice thread ... Work In Progress!

Oh PS: had been playing the MaxFli StraightFli "value" ball early in the season but today switched back to the usual MaxFli Tour CG - what a difference!!

I mean even I could tell that I was losing distance with the value ball .. I'm totally guessing here but I'm thinking that to enhance "straight" they modify the aerodynamics and possibly also slow it down in an attempt to control side spin..?

You have made a lot of progress Chuck!!  I remember your early posts where it seemed like a struggle just to get to the green!!  Great job!  Looking forward to Kingsmill next month… yes, we can now say “Next Month”!!!

13 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

The Lucky Save:

• My wife claimed this honor after struggling a bit on the last hole .. then landing in a greenside bunker .. from which she hit too hard and the ball ran out and into the rough behind the green .. and from there she just kinda drops the putter onto the ball .. without really lining up it or anything .. ball rolls downhill towards the cup .. slows down .. takes the break .. BAZINGA!! .. into the cup and a "zero" putt hole for her!!

Did you teach Lisa the Monte putter shot??  Martha has been using it; in a round with the Ladies League she had a difficult downhill shot in the rough just off the green.  One of the ladies made a comment how hard that shot was… she dropped the putter onto the ball and the ball trickled down to tap-in range.

Edited by Kenny B

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played on Saturday at the local muni. Course was an absolute mud pit from all the rain we have gotten in the last 3 weeks. Straight outa the truck to the first tee. First three holes were just gross on all accounts on the score card and in my play. Basically tripled the first three holes oof. But picked it up and pared 4 of the last 6 holes. Ended up in a three way time with my playing partners and won in a closest to the pin putt off. Couple of real close birds with a few too many lip outs but overall not a bad day. Frustration really helped make those first three holes a disaster.  

Edited by PrismFlopper

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

2 hours ago, PrismFlopper said:

Played on Saturday at the local muni. Course was an absolute mud pit from all the rain we have gotten in the last 3 weeks.

Yeah, tough conditions are tough. However, hitting off hardpan and out of mud is going to make the game seem much easier when the grass comes in.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

31 minutes ago, NubianRugby said:

Yeah, tough conditions are tough. However, hitting off hardpan and out of mud is going to make the game seem much easier when the grass comes in.

Yeah and im sure the mud balls werent exactly flying straight. But hey a day on the course is alot better than a day at work so cant complain too much

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

17 hours ago, BallsLeon said:

Ended up shooting an 84 ... from Gold (4715yds)

Hey you still hadda to make all the shots! So good game 👍

..and I'm liking the fancy futuristic spaceman polychromatic ocular UV guard! 😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You have made a lot of progress Chuck!!  I remember your early posts where it seemed like a struggle just to get to the green!!  Great job!  Looking forward to Kingsmill next month… yes, we can now say “Next Month”!!!

THANK YOU!!! (..now just gotta that short game stuff going!) And yeah looking forward to this a lot!! (..and to short game coaching from The Master El Conquistador 😆)

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Did you teach Lisa the Monte putter shot??

Funny but did not... She walked away from her bag with just her putter and -then- saw her ball in the rough, but close to the edge, so she essentially just "whatdaheck"ed (very technical high end golfing terminology) the ball!!

4 hours ago, VernL4 said:

She grabbed the ball retriever and would chat with the guys as they walked. She would disappear for a hole (or three) ...

That is a GREAT story!!!
And gee at that rate of usage .. you may have to re-grip your ball retriever more often than your clubs!! 🤣

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

10 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

..and I'm liking the fancy futuristic spaceman polychromatic ocular UV guard! 😄

You can get your pair here Chuck! https://www.blenderseyewear.com/products/fortunate-gina 

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)

-TJ

1 minute ago, BallsLeon said:

You can get your pair here Chuck! https://www.blenderseyewear.com/products/fortunate-gina 

Nah remember I'm an old dude .. only you young studs can pull off a look like that!! 😆

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

13 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

That is a GREAT story!!!
And gee at that rate of usage .. you may have to re-grip your ball retriever more often than your clubs!! 🤣

Wow, I hadn't thought of that! 🤣

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

16 minutes ago, ZackS said:

I got out and played yesterday and shot an even par 72, my lowest score in about 15 years when I was a scratch handicap. I hit it pretty well overall off the tee with the new TPT shafts I am testing but really struggled with low point with the irons until the last 5 holes were I finally hit some well struck irons. What saved the day was the putter, I can honestly say that it was probably the best putting day I have ever had. I had 7 one putts on the front 9 and they were not just 1 to 3 foot putts, 5 of them were 5 to 10 footers. On the back where I started hitting the irons a little better I made a few good long putts including a 40 foot eagle putt that lipped out. That one was a bit lucky as it would have run by probably 6 feet if it didn't hit the hole. In all I had 27 putts, even if you include the holes I putted from just off the green it would be 30 putts. Probably just be coincidence but this was my first round with the Taylormade TP5 Pix which I mainly decided to go with for the Pix design with putting. 

Great round. I had my own personal best after playing the new TP5 as well. Coincidence? 🤷‍♂️🤔

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

I walked 9 holes after work last night. Not my best ball striking day, but I managed to scramble my way around to shoot a 3 over 38.

2024-04-0207_03_28-GarminConnect.png.cb5633d09e561bc0400a3144ce2165bb.png

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

I was the first golfer off yesterday morning and enjoyed a nice morning on the golf course.  I shot 75 with 3 birdies, 6 bogies, and 9 pars.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

If anyone gets rounds in today make sure you get some good photos! You could make the highlight reel for tomorrows social media post!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

If anyone gets rounds in today make sure you get some good photos! You could make the highlight reel for tomorrows social media post!

How cool!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

7 hours ago, Sam C said:

Walked 9 at the University of Georgia golf course yesterday. I think many would agree that it's by far the hardest course around. I shot a 57 and have a long way to go. 

IMG_7414.JPG

My back yard is Athens 👍

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Now I see this. Haha. Just finished up 9 and didn't snap a single photo. 

Had a pretty decent 9 and the driver swing changes are working better but have a lot more practicing to do.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

9 minutes ago, THE GOLF GUY said:

My back yard is Athens 👍

It’s a tough course to learn on for sure 

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

5 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Now I see this. Haha. Just finished up 9 and didn't snap a single photo. 

Had a pretty decent 9 and the driver swing changes are working better but have a lot more practicing to do.  

Sounds like ya need another 9. 

But if you don’t always next week! Going to be doing it every Wednesday for socials.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Sounds like ya need another 9. 

But if you don’t always next week! Going to be doing it every Wednesday for socials.

I'll get some good ones the rest of the week.  The greens may look like crap but the scenery and lake views are great. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

If only! The weather in DC has been garbage for the last 2-3 weeks. 

I don't get it, how was the weather nicer the last two weeks of February than the last two weeks of March?

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto