Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Anyone get a chance to hit the new TM Superdeep??

Golfware

I was at Haggin today visiting friends, and didn't see it. Just wondering if anyone has had to chance to hit it yet.

Comes with the "real" RIP 70 so it should be freaking SWEET!

Can't wait!!

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

My rep had it in the store a few weeks ago, and would not let me hit it, as it was his only sample.... we should have the club on hand in a matter of days..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Speaking of the SuperDeep...

We're kicking around the idea of a head to head "Best Driver for the Better Player" type review. The FT-Tour and SuperDeep are obvious choices. So two questions;

• Would you be interested in such a review?
  • What other driver(s) should be on the short list?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Golfsmith had a bunch of these on the rack today. I would have taken pics, but I left the phone in the car. I didn't hit it, but I compared the R9 460, the SuperTri, and the Superdeep and here are my thoughts:

The black face makes both the ST and SD look more shut at address. All three heads were in the same setting, but the 460 looked more square/open.

The ST head looks much less triangular than the 460. I don't mind the triangular shape at all, but the ST head does look outstanding.

I walked away disappointed in the looks of the SD. The head looks "smushed" to me. It might be a combination of the black face and the shape, but it doesn't look right to me. Too small, and not "balanced" IMO.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I just hit the SuperDeep on the range, and I have found my new Gamer. That thing is the BEST driver I have ever hit. Every shot was a carbon copy of the last. repeaters. Long, flat, boring flight, with a little fade. Sign me up. I hate the price, but as soon as we get the fitting components in, I will be placing an order.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I just hit the SuperDeep on the range, and I have found my new Gamer. That thing is the BEST driver I have ever hit. Every shot was a carbon copy of the last. repeaters. Long, flat, boring flight, with a little fade. Sign me up. I hate the price, but as soon as we get the fitting components in, I will be placing an order.

Pretty high praise given that you've probably hit everything out there right now. In what ways is it better than the SuperTri?

Hit it yesterday... 600 big ones??? Ill wait but oh man this thing flew and i was in jeans and a hoody, felt a little like the tri, which was what I was going into get fitted and figured I would give the superdeep a whirl, I just don't see the practicality or that much of a difference of it costing this much, but if it may be the best driver out there but ill stick with the tri.

Callaway FT-3/ Vodoo

Callaway Fusion/ Vodoo

Nickent 4dx hybrid 17 degree

Titleist AP2 4-pw/ project x

Callaway forged 56 degre

Rife island series "abaco"

For me, the SuperTri pales in comparison to the SuperDeep. I really like a deep faced driver, and this one fits the bill. I haven't liked a TM driver since the 360, and that is going back a few years. I told my rep that I was going to order one, and his jaw almost hit the floor in amazement. Can't say enough. TM got it right. Finally.

I tested it out today, very solid feel. The deeper face is something that suits my eye, I think the depth of the Super Deep is very similar to the 9032 LD head that I am currently playing. I have never been a fan of Aldila shafts, but the RIP feels very solid. All in all, I felt that it is a very good stick for the more aggressive swinging players.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

O boy, another expensive driver I have to go hit, long, straight, boring ball flights, that sounds like heaven!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Golfsmith had a bunch of these on the rack today. I would have taken pics, but I left the phone in the car. I didn't hit it, but I compared the R9 460, the SuperTri, and the Superdeep and here are my thoughts:

The black face makes both the ST and SD look more shut at address. All three heads were in the same setting, but the 460 looked more square/open.

The ST head looks much less triangular than the 460. I don't mind the triangular shape at all, but the ST head does look outstanding.

I walked away disappointed in the looks of the SD. The head looks "smushed" to me. It might be a combination of the black face and the shape, but it doesn't look right to me. Too small, and not "balanced" IMO.

Golfsmith had them on the racks already!? Then they are being bad and jumping the release date....

We have them at GG.... but not on the racks yet.... Waiting patiently until TM tells us "okay, put them out"

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Golfsmith had them on the racks already!? Then they are being bad and jumping the release date....

We have them at GG.... but not on the racks yet.... Waiting patiently until TM tells us "okay, put them out"

That's surprising that a big box would violate protocol like that. I've seen such things at local stores because no one knows/cares, but I'm surprised Golfsmith is risking a good relationship by putting the SuperDeep out early. What is the "official" release date?

How could any store keep up with all the release dates for Taylor Made's 11 different driver models?

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

That's surprising that a big box would violate protocol like that. I've seen such things at local stores because no one knows/cares, but I'm surprised Golfsmith is risking a good relationship by putting the SuperDeep out early. What is the "official" release date?

I don't want to say anything bad on GolfSmith but.................... yea.

Official release date I am still unsure of. Must be soon... They're sitting locked up in our office still. Off the top of my head, i'm not quite sure.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

any time GrandMaster....

I hit one today at a club demo at my local range, actually got to hit the Ping i5, TM SuperDeep and SuperBurner (?), Cleveland, Cobra, and Adams Speedline. The Cobra and the TM Superdeep were my favorites, the SuperDeep has a very nice look at address, its a big 460cc driver but it doesn't look like it.

I wasn't convinced to buy, but only because I ordered an Adams SuperHybrid, which should ship next week! so after weeks of waiting on the SkyCaddie SGX now I'm waiting again! I usually don't buy the "newest coolest things" so I don't know what's gotten into me! Too much time on MGS reading about all the cool new toys perhaps?!

Hit the new Adams forged cavity backs and blades too, man, they both felt great. The blade is a bit too good for me, but that cavity back was sweet!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I drool over those new Adams irons. What did you think of the Fast 10 driver?

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

I like the Fast 10, but for some reason I really seem to notice the long shaft on it, perhaps because its so light? Plus, they only had a 10.5 degree in a stiff shaft. Cobra had a 8.5 degree and I was pounding that thing! (the black and yellow non composite model, didn't care for the composite driver much)

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

SuperDeep to the Golf course for a play test tomorrow!!!! I am very excited!!! Full report to follow.

Its not worth $600 at retail... it's got a great looking head, and the Aldila RIP 70 shaft is surprisingly stiff. Great for keeping the ball low, and it is a TRUE spin killer. But it's pretty unforgiving, even for a tour-style head.

I'm not feeling it, and I really REALLY anticipated this thing coming to market. The REAL cool thing coming from TM is the Superfast TP. With a stock Matrix HD shaft and all black head (like superdeep and supertri) still a lower launching very low spin driver, open face at address... and FORGIVING. Still working the ball great, and I don't worry about the ball going left.

GREAT driver. Hit this one before you buy ANY other driver if you've got a lot of clubhead speed. It's a beast.

MY BAG

Driver:      Titleist 917D3 9.5, Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec 74 s-flex

Fairway:   Cobra Fly-z+ 15* x-flex
Irons:        Ping i25 4-PW (yellow dot), dynamic gold X100
Wedges:   Cleveland RTX 2.0 60*, TaylorMade TP EF 54*
Putter:       Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2, name stamped, II black oxide finish

Grips:        Golf Pride New Decade Midsize +2 wraps

Its not worth $600 at retail... it's got a great looking head, and the Aldila RIP 70 shaft is surprisingly stiff. Great for keeping the ball low, and it is a TRUE spin killer. But it's pretty unforgiving, even for a tour-style head.

I'm not feeling it, and I really REALLY anticipated this thing coming to market. The REAL cool thing coming from TM is the Superfast TP. With a stock Matrix HD shaft and all black head (like superdeep and supertri) still a lower launching very low spin driver, open face at address... and FORGIVING. Still working the ball great, and I don't worry about the ball going left.

GREAT driver. Hit this one before you buy ANY other driver if you've got a lot of clubhead speed. It's a beast.

I hit the SuperFast TP. Yuck and Poo. No driver is worth $600 at retail, but $240 my price might just be doable.

Archived