stephensafar

Suggest me the best Hybrid Iron Club

Our Sponsors

I have trouble hitting long irons, so I put in a 3 and 4 hybrid, the Nike flex hybrid. By far these hybrids are the best I have ever hit. Very easy to hit and forgiving. The sound is amazing and the best part of it is that the head is smaller than your average hybrid yet still forgiving. The Titleist 712U driving iron looks great, but for me, a little too much like a iron. I would definitely check out your local golf store and try out various iron hybrids that fit your eye and swing.

Good Luck!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

I'm guessing right around 100

Winner, winner, winner!

You got it mate. 99.8 - 100.3 mph on the Flightscope when I did the fitting for the Mizuno's this morning.

• Like 1

Winner, winner, winner!

You got it mate. 99.8 - 100.3 mph on the Flightscope when I did the fitting for the Mizuno's this morning.

I've been around the block a time or two. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Suggest you take a hard look at the new Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids look aand hit a lot like an iron and are very workable...along with their adjustable wleghting system you can dial them into your particular swing/flight pattern(s). Additionally, you can go to thier web site and get a 21 day trail of one for the shipping cost of $19.95. I converted from the Titleist 915H!

I have two of the Titleist 816 H1's

I'm not exaggerating when I say they are the easiest clubs I've ever hit. Initially I was afraid as I had tried one or the previous (maybe 910) versions of hybrids and coudlnt get it in the air.

The H1 is ridiculously easy to launch and just goes straight. My longest iron is a 6 that I will hit from about 150 yards. I almost am more confident at 160 yards and the 23 in my hand.

The Apex Utility irons are very forgiving for that class while the Apex hybrid is a nice hybrid that plays similar to an iron.  

I gotta admit after going through this thread though, I'm intrigued by the JGR option, possibly a 5i.  Might have to check some out from the Test Drive....

I am going to be trying the Bombtech 4 hybrid very soon. I got a terrific deal on a preorder so just waiting for delivery in Sept.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

A little off topic but...currently play a 19 degree Jet Speed as my only hybrid and am considering either a 19 degree Cobra Fly-Z or a Cobra King F6 as a replacement...any feelings on which is the better performing club?

• Like 1

Callaway Apex Utility and Apex Hybrid are great clubs.

That's why I carry the Apex hybrid - looks good behind the ball and I get good carry and spin with it.

• Like 1

I love my Nike vapor flex hybrid, performs solid, forgiving, and looks great! I would definitely give these a try and I bet you can get them cheap, now that Nike is getting rid all of their inventory.  Like some of my fellow spies, you should also look at going to demo days or to golf shops and hit various hybrids that fit you.  Everyone has different tastes in clubs  :D    Nike Vapor Flex Hybrid.JPG

• Like 1

The best club is the one that suits you best and your swing. And only you can answer that. What is good for one may not be necessarily be good for another.

• Like 2

A little off topic but...currently play a 19 degree Jet Speed as my only hybrid and am considering either a 19 degree Cobra Fly-Z or a Cobra King F6 as a replacement...any feelings on which is the better performing club?

Cobra F6.....for sure!

But you may want to try out the Cobra F6 Baffler 4W   16*-19* adjustable.  I have one and it's a beast.

• Like 1

I've tried a ton of hybrids and the best I've hit to date are...

1) Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro U

2) Tour Edg Exotics EX9

3) Bridgestone J15H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried a ton of hybrids and the best I've hit to date are...

1) Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro U

2) Tour Edg Exotics EX9

3) Bridgestone J15H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All sound good to me. Love the Tour Edge Hybrids. The EX9 Tour is nice with less offset

• Like 1

Try the F5 from Wilson. You can open or close the club face with loft adjustments and add draw or fade with the weight on the bottom. I've got a 16 degree that I can hit off the fairway and tee anywhere from 250-270.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Can anyone suggest me the best Hybrid Iron Club to buy i want to try it out. Also tell if they are worth buying or not.

So what did you end up with?