Adams a12

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

• 7 months later...

Callaway XHOT.  I'm sure X2HOT is good also, but my XHOT 3H and 4H have been so good for me I can't imagine there's much improvement possible.  Stock Project X shaft is great too.

Driver:  :cobra-small: F9 with EvenFlow Riptide

4-Wood :taylormade-small: Sim with Diamana LTD

3H: :cobra-small: F9 with Atmos Black

4H: :cobra-small: F9 with Atmos Black

5-GW :mizuno-small: JPX900 Forged with KBS $-Taper

56/60 :ping-small: Glide 2.0 SS

Putter:  :odyssey-small: Triple Track Two Ball

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan of Titleist 915H

• Like 2

Titleist 915 D2 Aldila Rogue 70-2.8-X

Titleist 915 F2 Aldila Rogue  70-2.8-X

Titleist 915H Aldila Rogue 85H-2.8-S

TaylorMade RSi2 4-AW

Vokey SM5 56-10 F-Grind

Vokey SM5 60-08 M-Grind

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No 3 A030149

Adams super dhy is probably my favorite. It sets up more like an iron then most of your typical hybrids so that's a plus for me. It's not a bomber but it's consistent and you can get some good distances with it if you put in the swing speed

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

The wording of the OP suggests several things, but "Hybrid Iron" suggest an iron-like hybrid. So I am thinking the Mizuno MP FLI HI's are oldies but goodies and the 712U Titleist appears to be quite popular. Also the TMag UDI is pretty good.

I am not a fan of the of the Ping and Callaway versions. And the Adams dhy were somewhere in the middle, IMHO.

Driver:      :ping-small:  G425MAX 10.5° -1° Flat on Fujikura VENTUS Blue 5S

Fairway:   :ping-small:  G410 3 wood LST & 5  Wood Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

:ping-small:  G425MAX  7 & 9  Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

Hybrid:     :ping-small:  G425MAX  6 H Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

Irons:     :ping-small:  i 500 7-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50°, 54° & 60° on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: Studio Style Newport 1.5

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X :taylormade-small: TP5 

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  

Range Finder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

The wording of the OP suggests several things, but "Hybrid Iron" suggest an iron-like hybrid. So I am thinking the Mizuno MP FLI HI's are oldies but goodies and the 712U Titleist appears to be quite popular. Also the TMag UDI is pretty good.

I am not a fan of the of the Ping and Callaway versions. And the Adams dhy were somewhere in the middle, IMHO.

I forgot about that mizuno, that's a great club too
  • Like 2

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

I have been hitting the Exotics CG6. I love the distances and ease of use. I believe it was this sight and a fellow reader were I heard about this club.

• Like 1

What's in the Bag

Bag- Sun Mountian 

Driver - Callaway Rouge 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow
Fairway wood - Ping G15 3 wood

Hybrid - Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 19* 
Irons - Callaway XR 5-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588-RTX 52* 56* 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 - SuperStroke Wrist lock Grip

Unless you swing like I do, and with your handicap that's unlikely, the best advice I can give you is to go to a demo day and find out what works best for you.

• Like 1

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

They're definitely overpriced, but other than that, the Epon AF-901 is without doubt the best hybrid / utility type club that I've ever hit.  It has no bulge and roll and weighting that makes strong lofts play substantially easier than one would expect. 

The 19º model launches pretty well and the 22º feels like it would be hittable for almost anybody.  The 25º is harder to find because at that loft, it's required to meet the  2010 groove rules and I don't believe that it does. Bend the three of them to 18, 21, and 24º, however--that would be like the old Mizuno Fli-Hi models--, and you can tell the USGA to pound sand.

• 3 weeks later...

Titleist T-MB 2 or 3 iron is a great choice. I'd been playing the 3 and 4 in the 712 U but the new 3 iron in T-MB seems to be just as easy to flight from almost anywhere on the course: rough, crud, gradu, gunk etc... Really just an incredible feat of golf craftsmanship that thing. From the fairway at 220 its basically cheating. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Depends what your after. Forgiveness or length etc. I have a nike covert which goes a long way but my Adams tight lies goes higher and straighter but is a fair be less in the distance department.

Both are easy to hit. If I'm struggling I'll play the Adams, but if I've been playing well and feel confident I'll go with my Nike.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been hitting the Exotics CG6. I love the distances and ease of use. I believe it was this sight and a fellow reader were I heard about this club.

That might have been me. That is my current gamer and it is the real deal. Adams also and you can get them dirt cheap on ebay.

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

I got to try srixon's new utility iron the other day. That's a club I'd recommend to anyone, just a great job by the boys over there and that's coming from someone who doesn't normally like their gear.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Still loving my Maltby hybrid irons...can't see them coming out of the bag any time soon.

20141221_145310_zpsv4autz5q.jpg

20141221_145436_zpsbkgzyq8x.jpg

20141221_145601_zpsdglpk12y.jpg

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Had the Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid in the bag for 2 years now and do not see it leaving any time soon.  I adjust the loft (from 17* to 19*)) based upon the course conditions and time of year.  Currently it's at 19* as a 3 Hybrid.  Gets me 180-190 when i stike it correctly.  And, did I mention?  It's UK Wildcat Blue!...Go Big Blue!

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

I just got some Adams Tight Lies Hybrids this year....very easy to hit, launch the ball...very happy with them

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :mizuno-small:M Craft Type V

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS