Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golfing like its 1993....

westy

So today I'm visiting a friend and having a round at a course I've never been to before go to sign in at the pro shop and spy something exciting behind the counter....

A small stack of Greg Norman Shark hats! I've been desperate to put one of these in to play and you just don't find them in the UK.

So hat bought and played in, took me back to 93 and playing in my old titleist straw Panama. best 24 quid I've spent in ages, it's now sure to rain all summer!

image.jpg

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

As Norman's clothing line is very active in Macy's I am sure that Shark Hats are still available.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I wore mine out a couple of years ago. The inside sweat band and the outside shark band were so stained that I tried to washing it. Soaked it in oxy-clean. That helped a little but the band never went back on quite right and didn't look good. Time to get a new one; I liked that hat.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well in the UK they've been unavailable for ages so to find one made my day. Better than my 80 whacks anyway.

It was an expensive trip to the pro shop; two green fees (owed my mate) and a hat - lucky I didn't 'need' anything else!

Made me laugh as I was buying the hat, another guy was buying some funky looking puma shoes; heard him tell his friend "don't tell my wife, she'll go spare".

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I could never play in those type hats and I do not think they look good on me. I am more the visor type. I think I have a "shark" visor somewhere in my stuff but then again I probably have around 100 visors. A golfing friend of mine passed a couple of years ago and he had a habit of buying a visor or 2 everywhere he went. He was always giving me some of his older ones mostly unworn when he ran out of room. When he passed his wife moved back up North and she called me and gave me the rest of them. But those hats like you have look good on some folks that can pull off the look but I am not one of them

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Stu, it's not just that but you have to consider your follow through a bit or you can clip the back - not an issue with my short swing though!

Thinking that when the sun comes out again I may pair the hat with some vintage bolle shades - now I think some hogans irons would suit my new hat as well.....

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Archived