Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Lola 2 Heading to a Tour Player

On it's way to it's new home now. Hugh has been raving about the pictures and cannot wait to get it.

2010_06260053.jpg

2010_06260052.jpg

2010_06260052.jpg

2010_06260049.jpg

2010_06260033.jpg

2010_06260032.jpg

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

Yeah white putters are getting huge now. I like the stamping on the toe. Care to give us an idea of who will be rolling this one?

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Funny part? The white putters started for me about 1-1/2 to 2 years ago. It was just something that I loved the look of and nobody was doing it. I found the product that I believed to be the supreme finish, and went to town. I was far from the first to do it, but I like to think I had something to do with it making a return, :) .

This bad rascal is heading for the bag of PGA Pro, Hugh Royer III. For those who don't remember, Hugh played the tour at the same time that Tiger made his debut. He is an incredible player and a Southern Gentleman. Those who have met him tend to agree that he is one of the truly nice guys out there.

His game is shaping up and we hope to see him making strides on his way back to the Big Show.

This one is one of my favorites so far and I thank you for your comments.

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy, :D

Oh, and the toe stamping is our new "WAVE-T". You'll see it on all of our putters bound for tour bags, from here on out. You WON'T see it on putters made for guys who just want to own a "Tour" putter, I promise.

• SPY VIP

Great work LaMont. Although I am not a huge fan of any of the circle T type thing, that wave T is very cool.

I'll second your work in white polymer as being well ahead of the pack. There was a yellow polymer one that you did also that looked great. Should we ask TM for 10% of all ghost sales? :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

In regard to the Wave-T, we had to have a marking that separated our custom stuff from our Tour Issue goodies. Please believe that we did some serious thinking and brainstorming before it came back to this one. The wave is now and has always been a very big part of our logo and stampings. There really isn't that many letters or such that could be used to denote "TOUR", so it all sort of fell into place.

You'll get no argument from me when it comes to the word "TOUR" or "Prototype" being used, over and over on a retail level to move product. It has gotten ridiculous, IMHO. When you see an entire retail line of hybrids with the word "PROTOTYPE" engraved or stamped into the sole, knowing that you are looking at maybe one of what, 50,000 clubs that were done the same way? Nope, this stamp is going on putters that are bound for PGA, LPGA, Nationwide, Tarheel Tour or another form of professional golf tournaments. Heck, I wanted so bad to put it on my latest gamer, the "X-Boro", but couldn't bring myself to do it. You really won't see me on any tour, any time soon, I promise, LMAO!

Thanks for the comments and I appreciate all of the members here who have voiced their opinions from time to time. This is our best way of getting good R&D, for now. Forums and getting demo days in, whenever possible, is having to work.

Keep the input coming and we'll keep putting our best efforts into making putters that make you look twice.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

SSB's Custom Garage Guy, :)

White is the new black...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Very nice!

I am shopping for a new putter after noticing the glare off my matte mallet. Even though it is a satin finish, in the sun it is blinding and distracting...

Do you make a mallet? Need a tester? :)

It's not enough just to swing at the ball.

You've got to loosen your girdle and let 'er fly.

Babe Zaharias

I love the idea of the wave-t Lamont and how your keeping it exclusive to just tour members. Once again great work like always.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Very nice!

I am shopping for a new putter after noticing the glare off my matte mallet. Even though it is a satin finish, in the sun it is blinding and distracting...

Do you make a mallet? Need a tester? :lol:

We have the Yaupon and Pamlico that are mallets. The Carolina is close. We have done a test group before and probably will again very soon.

Test will probably be....Pamlico, Yaupon, Ocracoke, Masonboro, One of the Carolina Models(Carolina, Kitty Hawk, or Hatteras), Ocean Isle, and possibly a Lola2.

No time frame and I do not know if it will happen this year. It ill probably be a 10-15 per putter charge and then you pay shipping & insurance to the next tester.

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

Yellow putters to follow, with the yellow balls now?

John,

I don't fear the yellow, but it would probably have to be requested before I slapped that color on a putter, LOL, :( . I remember back in high school, when the yellow balls went around the first time. Growing up in Montana, we had a good crop of dandelions going...........you can only imagine where my first tee shot with a yellow ball wound up, right?

I do have a little inkling to give the yellow a shot, now that the seed has been planted.

Keep yer eye's peeled, B) .

LaMont in AZ

Very nice!

Do you make a mallet? Need a tester? :(

In addition to the heads that Chris listed, from time to time I get a little "possessed" and wind up in the Custom Garage until all hours of the night. Usually, this is caused by seeing a putter's new look in my mind and not being able to sleep until this shaping has been put to metal.

Chris and I have a special working relationship that has allowed me to do some very cool things with stock heads. I only make this post because I have a Pamlico head sitting on my desk, right now, that has shaping marks already in place and it will be one very sweet mallet, if the insomnia kicks in on Friday night, B) .

Hang in there,

LaMont in AZ

John,

I don't fear the yellow, but it would probably have to be requested before I slapped that color on a putter, LOL, :( . I remember back in high school, when the yellow balls went around the first time. Growing up in Montana, we had a good crop of dandelions going...........you can only imagine where my first tee shot with a yellow ball wound up, right?

I do have a little inkling to give the yellow a shot, now that the seed has been planted.

Keep yer eye's peeled, B) .

LaMont in AZ

I would imagine if you put up pictures of a yellow putter Addicted2Golf would have something to say about that. He hates yellow. :P

Archived