What equipment are you thinking about?

Golfspy_Lukes

That's what happens with a PVD finish. My hybrids and irons have a dimonized finish, so they still look like I just got them.

...and they are a beautiful set of irons!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.pngPXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.pngPXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore (50*/54*/58*) w/DG Spinner wedge shafts 

Putter: 33”   Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

I need to be fit for a new set of irons, and with the Ping demo truck rolling through at the end of the month I am looking forward to hitting the new G's. However I have been looking at going years back and leaning towards grabbing a set of I3+ or some Eye 2+.

• Like 1

SkyCaddie SX400
Gameday
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small:King F9, Atmos TS Blue
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small:Covert 2.0 5W, 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson_staff_small:Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small:Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL:ER2
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

:ping-small:Eye 2 Laminate, 1,3,5,7
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW
:ping-small:Original Anser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I'm doing it. Got the restock email for the J15 wedges. 52/53° and 56/57°... 1° weak each.

And I'm buying some Wilson FG Tour balls, stand by for review on the OFFICIAL BALL REVIEW Thread.

And a new putter on its way. Ping Sigma Kushin (straight).

I put the new irons on hold. I struck mine well last outing. But I can't putt, and my gosh my wedges are worn out. Fixing the broken parts first!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I'm doing it. Got the restock email for the J15 wedges. 52/53° and 56/57°... 1° weak each.

And I'm buying some Wilson FG Tour balls, stand by for review on the OFFICIAL BALL REVIEW Thread.

And a new putter on its way. Ping Sigma Kushin (straight).

I put the new irons on hold. I struck mine well last outing. But I can't putt, and my gosh my wedges are worn out. Fixing the broken parts first!

Son of a! Major car issues with the wife's car. Might break the golf fund bank.

Edit: False alarm!! Game on!

- Alan

• Like 2

Well, I pulled the trigger on the irons today.  I ran through the clubs again on the launch monitor, did the custom fit thing and I have selected the Mizuno JPX 900's.

The numbers and grouping was significantly better with the Mizuno's vs Ping G Series vs TaylorMade M2's.

I did the custom fitting thing too...added 1/4" and 2* upright.  We'll see how it goes...but I'm excited.

It'll be a week+ till they arrive, and sadly - I'll be on business travel.

There's a little buyer's remorse, because it's a lot of cash for them - but if the store experience translates to the course, I'll be elated!

-- P.J.

I've got a new set of irons on the brain!  I'm traveling a lot these days, so thinking I'll leave a set in Virginia - to avoid having them damaged during shipping...

So, I currently have the TaylorMade SLDR's, but thinking of either the TaylorMade RSI2's (because I can get them for a steal), or Ping G-Series or the latest is the Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal with the Project X LZ 5.5 shafts.

What to do, what to do...Ping & Mizuno are hard to find good deals on.  I typically stay a model or two years behind the trend to get the best value.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for a deal, maybe pick up a set on 2nd Swing, Global Golf or eBay.

After all the hype, I was anxious to hit the Callaway Epic Driver. My impressions was...meh!  It's ok, nothing that made me go 'OMG - I have to have this'!  Not that I was really 'shopping' for a driver, but I was definitely curious.  Curiosity satisfied, my wallet is happy with the results.

-- P.J.

• Like 3

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: M6 irons (4-GW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR / :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

Should have not hit the JPX 900 tour irons at demo day today.

They felt great with the S330 / Recoil stiff shafts.

Looking down at the top line was THIN!

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: Stealth + 9*

:taylormade-small: Stealth + 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth + 5 wood

:callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 4i/AW

:callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50/10 54/10 58/8                   

:taylormade-small: GT Spider 

:taylormade-small: TP5X 21/22

Thinking about new wedges....although have no idea which ones.   I think I may hold off until I read more of the Ping wedge reviews and I go to myrtle beach for my family vacation and see what the PGA Superstore has on sale.  

Also thinking about a new putter/  I am keeping my eye out for either a Tad Moore or a TP Mills.  Again don't know which one,  and will just wait until I see one that appeals to my eye. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thinking about new wedges....although have no idea which ones. I think I may hold off until I read more of the Ping wedge reviews and I go to myrtle beach for my family vacation and see what the PGA Superstore has on sale.

Also thinking about a new putter/ I am keeping my eye out for either a Tad Moore or a TP Mills. Again don't know which one, and will just wait until I see one that appeals to my eye.

I just went through the same struggle. Good luck. My wife was about to slap me I kept asking her which wedges, these or those, this one or that one. Finally she got it right and I bought them. Same with the putter. Took me 2 weeks to decide between 4 different things. It's tough to change wedges, they are my magic wands, don't want to mess with it. But they don't make mine anymore, so these better be an upgrade!

- Alan

• Like 2

Someone quick tell me why I shouldn't buy Bridgestone J15 wedges over Another brand. They're in the cart all I have to do is click submit. Anyone game these things? Talk me out of it, or into it.

Have you looked or tried the RTX 3? That's what I'll be looking at if Hogan disappears when I replace my SCOR's.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: MAXFLI Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Have you looked or tried the RTX 3? That's what I'll be looking at if Hogan disappears when I replace my SCOR's.

I have, my dad has them. Not a fan, too spatula like for my taste. They perform well, just doesn't suit my eye. Ended up getting the Cobra's, hit them last year and liked them.

- Alan

• Like 2

Thinking about new irons. Looking at Ping and Callaway. After "snowbirds" leave I'll head over to local golf shop and hit a few different clubs. Last 3 months couldn't get near any golf shop.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just picked up a classic set of forged blades Powerbilt H&B Grand Slams which still had the plastic on the heads. Also picked up a Krank Golf Rage 3 wood and put a Fujikura Fuel shaft in it. Picked up a MIURA 53 degree wedge about a month ago so I'm good for a few years. Same driver in the bag for 3 years now Callaway Tour Authentic Razr Fit 8.5 degree

• Like 1

Just picked up a classic set of forged blades Powerbilt H&B Grand Slams which still had the plastic on the heads. Also picked up a Krank Golf Rage 3 wood and put a Fujikura Fuel shaft in it. Picked up a MIURA 53 degree wedge about a month ago so I'm good for a few years. Same driver in the bag for 3 years now Callaway Tour Authentic Razr Fit 8.5 degree

Would you mind posting a picture of those

Power ⚡️ Bilt's?

- Alan