What/How did you practice today?

Our Sponsors

9 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Also forgot to add, nicked a wall yesterday with a swing. Am banned from swing in the house. This is my patchwork to fix the issue. ......

Hey rb.....did you need the neosporin & band aid after she whacked you upside the head for dinging the wall!?!?!?!    🤣

I think you can sand a bit off that patch!!

It got up to 39 today so I opened the pole barn doors and hit a few into the net.  A good 1/2 hour working on swing positions and making pretty solid contact.  I finished it off with some speed stick swings to tire myself out.  Then I headed to the putting green.  I had shoveled it off earlier and the sun cleaned off the ice crumbs.  Mostly I was trying to remember the putting stroke changes I worked on all Fall.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to the range today with the intention of working on one of the drills from the Strike Plan where you try to intentionally hit a toe shot and then a heel shot to develop feel for each in order t

Hard to think of a cheaper training aid than some foot spray... Worth every penny

I had to come home from work and do some touch up cleaning on my car because I found out today that my new lease is in and I am scheduled to pick it up tomorrow. I was hoping to get a full practice se

Posted Images

In working on swing changes, started to have a left hip stall issue so i wasn't rotating through the shot. Typically when I try to actively rotate, then I start spinning the right hip which is not good either. In the two gifs below, I am actually only thinking and feeling like I am making a change to handpath, but that "handpath" change is actually helping with rotation as well.

Old

768559022_animated(1).GIF.f594b22404049147f04e9f8af693ef72.GIF

New

1745127929_animated(2).GIF.3229d127b4b799659a0318a6cd6a414a.GIF

• Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

The putt-out is hands down some of the best money I’ve ever spent.  

25C6AAA8-E124-4769-B1D7-DBE9E03C72BE.jpeg

• Like 8
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Diamana FW 75 X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

2 hours ago, bens197 said:

The putt-out is hands down some of the best money I’ve ever spent.  

25C6AAA8-E124-4769-B1D7-DBE9E03C72BE.jpeg

I keep mine in my bag and practice with it on the course practice greens.

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Spent some time with my swing coach.  Worked on small tweaks to my setup and getting the club a bit more upward in my backswing.  Also worked on clearing my lead hip and maintaining better tilt at impact.  I've been struggling with rotation and hitting weak fades lately.  I have a tendency to start with my hips but not clearing them as much as he'd like to see and not fully getting to my left side as a result.  So, these are the things I'm working on.

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

13 hours ago, CarlH said:

....... I have a tendency to start with my hips but not clearing them as much as he'd like to see and not fully getting to my left side as a result.  So, these are the things I'm working on.

I've been working on the same thing this winter.  Not only clearing the lead side better but also clearing a little earlier.  I wouldn't say my upper body was ahead of my hips / legs but my hips needed to pivot a little earlier and a little more than they were.  I am guessing its age and less flexibility that is creeping into my swing.  Included with swing work are some strength & flexibility exercises this winter to try to push back a little on the dreaded time machine.

• Like 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

@CarlHand @Shapotomousi have the same issue opening the lead him/turning. Most recently I found this diagram as a light bulb moment for me. Always have had a closed stance....how can I clear my hip when I start out like this? Have since adjusted and I do not have any videos but it feels much better and hitting a straighter ball. Not sure if you potentially are doing the same but just wanted to toss out what I have seen for my own swing

147CDC84-34D5-4C87-82C7-6556FAE2282F.png

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Also forgot to add, nicked a wall yesterday with a swing. Am banned from swing in the house. This is my patchwork to fix the issue. 
84CAD71A-E869-45DE-9859-024085197020.jpeg.23b7ad1815bd9adf005ad2f849339a31.jpeg

I have a small mark on the ceiling yet to be discovered... once it is I’ll be banned too

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Haha 3

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 4-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

I've been working on the same thing this winter.  Not only clearing the lead side better but also clearing a little earlier.  I wouldn't say my upper body was ahead of my hips / legs but my hips needed to pivot a little earlier and a little more than they were.  I am guessing its age and less flexibility that is creeping into my swing.  Included with swing work are some strength & flexibility exercises this winter to try to push back a little on the dreaded time machine.

You mean... you mean... that age affects the golf swing??  Huh!  Never made the connection.  😂  

Word to anyone approaching what you think is "old age" when the ball doesn't go quite as far as it used to and you have a few more aches and pains during/after a round, start working more on strength and flexibility NOW.  Don't put it off!  The longer you wait, the harder it is and the longer it takes to improve just a little.  I waited too long.  🙄

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

You mean... you mean... that age affects the golf swing??  Huh!  Never made the connection.  😂  

A few decades ago I didn't worry about the state of my game coming out of Winter.....distances would be there, feel would be there, my muscle memory was there with very few early spring warm up rounds.

Now I am doing the winter work outs just to try to tread water in terms of my golf swing....Getting harder each year....my muscle memory is probably worse than my real memory (and that ain't good)!  😵

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I finally understand what pivot/rotation means

• Like 4

Updated 12/27/2020

The last few weeks in my basement I have been chasing a more repeatable putting stroke. Recently it seems I have had good success by focusing on keeping my elbows in - it seems to help prevent me from getting "wristy" and just rotating my shoulders. We'll see how it works out if winter ever ends.

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 10.5* (set at 8.5*) Tensei CK Orange
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Regarding my pivot/rotation comment, in this swing, I "feel" like my arms are passive during the downswing and I am just rotating hard through the shot. What I mean by passive is that I am not actively trying to speed up the arms or hit with the arms. In actuality, it looks like it is speeding up my swing by feeling like my arms are passive.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Updated 12/27/2020

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Regarding my pivot/rotation comment, in this swing, I "feel" like my arms are passive during the downswing and I am just rotating hard through the shot. What I mean by passive is that I am not actively trying to speed up the arms or hit with the arms. In actuality, it looks like it is speeding up my swing by feeling like my arms are passive.

so sweet man! Its all in the hips, its all in the hips....

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

@CarlHand @Shapotomousi have the same issue opening the lead him/turning. Most recently I found this diagram as a light bulb moment for me. Always have had a closed stance....how can I clear my hip when I start out like this? Have since adjusted and I do not have any videos but it feels much better and hitting a straighter ball. Not sure if you potentially are doing the same but just wanted to toss out what I have seen for my own swing

147CDC84-34D5-4C87-82C7-6556FAE2282F.png

Although, slightly closing your stance is a great way to hit a nice draw while keeps the hands passive

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 63. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

6 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

so sweet man! Its all in the hips, its all in the hips....

I was previously focused on an upper body/arm controlled swing in the sense that focusing on the upper body movements would automatically get the lower body to move properly. But then I was running into issues with early extension, hip stall, and many other issues. 

• Like 3

Updated 12/27/2020

22 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Although, slightly closing your stance is a great way to hit a nice draw while keeps the hands passive

There was nothing slight about mine lol 

• Haha 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

13 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I was previously focused on an upper body/arm controlled swing in the sense that focusing on the upper body movements would automatically get the lower body to move properly. But then I was running into issues with early extension, hip stall, and many other issues. 

Ya with that video your swing looks very smooth and powerful. Keep it up

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Looking at your swing you still are fighting this and from what I can see it’s because your balance points are off. Because of where your glutes are in relation to your body and your armpits you end up rebalancing yourself in the backswing. As a result you don’t create and space in the downswing and that’s what causes the the right shoulder to dip and the need the stall.

at setup if you use the marking on your fence and use the image of butt on a chair or wall at the top of the backswing instead of pushing the chair back a little you come off it and no ever get back onto in the downswing. The first pic shows your address and the second shows you at the top and where you can see the separation from that mark on the fence and the third is just before impact showing even more separation 

61CE24B7-01E2-40B7-98C0-F666DA29343A.jpeg

31DBF888-D175-43BE-B524-C35A083571AF.jpeg

8EBEF9E5-A2E8-43E9-A6B3-938FE4A32E6D.png

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Looking at your swing you still are fighting this and from what I can see it’s because your balance points are off. Because of where your glutes are in relation to your body and your armpits you end up rebalancing yourself in the backswing. As a result you don’t create and space in the downswing and that’s what causes the the right shoulder to dip and the need the stall.

at setup if you use the marking on your fence and use the image of butt on a chair or wall at the top of the backswing instead of pushing the chair back a little you come off it and no ever get back onto in the downswing. The first pic shows your address and the second shows you at the top and where you can see the separation from that mark on the fence and the third is just before impact showing even more separation 

61CE24B7-01E2-40B7-98C0-F666DA29343A.jpeg

31DBF888-D175-43BE-B524-C35A083571AF.jpeg

8EBEF9E5-A2E8-43E9-A6B3-938FE4A32E6D.png

Thanks for pointing out this issue. Definitely something I continue to fight. 

• Like 2

Updated 12/27/2020