Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What golf gear are you most excited for in 2017?

hckymeyer

We are only a little over a month away from the PGA show in January.  I know it's not the hot bed of new product releases that it used to be, but it's still a great time of the year to learn about new things that have just been released, have only been teased, or smaller brands you might not know about.

So I'd love to hear what golf gear you're most excited about for 2017.  Could be a specific club, a brands new offerings, new shoes, a product category etc.  Whatever floats your boat and get's your golf juices pumping.

Here's my personal list of things I'm interested in for this season...

• Any new bags with a type of 'club silencer' system
  • Advances and (hopefully) price reductions in personal launch monitors
  • Shoes with BOA
  • Callaway Epic series drivers
  • New iron shafts (especially anything in a heavy weight graphite)
  • Any new custom headcover companies

So what stuff are you most excited for in 2017?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

For me I've heard some pretty amazing things about the new Callaway offerings- so excited to see what that's all about.

Looking into Arcoss versus Game Golf- I don't have a consistent method to track my distances so looking at trying one of these out this year.

From there it's just getting myself out more this year to play good golf.

Me, I would be looking at:

Shoes

Golf Shafts (driver and irons)

14 Way stand bags (Callaway to be more specific)

For headcovers, I will have to recommend Rose and Fire (www.roseandfire.com) they have some amazing designs, and they can custom design anything for you as well, Mike is amazing and customer service is simply the best.

Driver              SLDR TP 10.5* with Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60 Tour X, 44.25"

3W                  Ping G25 with Diamana White Board D+ 82X, 42.5", tipped .5"

Driving Iron     Callaway X Prototype Utility with Tour AD DI 105X

Irons               4-P Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype with KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges          Cleveland RTX-588 46, 50, 54, 58 with True Temper DG Tour X100

Putter              Odyssey White Hot Pro Tour V-Line with Super Stroke 1.0 Pistol GT Tour, 33.25"

Golf Ball          Kirkland Signatures and Chrome Soft 2016

I am excited about the Epic, but my 2017 equipment budget is zero

I hear you there. With our first due any day now I already promised my wife and myself that no new equipment next year. What little money I will be spending on golf will go towards playing it

"PGA Merchandise Show", also known as "stuff I will buy two and half years from now".

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Shocked that no one has brought up the Vertical Groove Driver!!   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

With our first due any day now

Congrats and Godspeed. Mine is finally old enough to drag to the driving range now.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Congrats and Godspeed. Mine is finally old enough to drag to the driving range now.

Maybe we can find a combination launch monitor/baby monitor...

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I think that Santa is bringing me a laucnch monitor for Christmas so really looking forward to some practice time with it.  Other than that I am hoping my bag is set, well at least until I get to hit the Epic Sub Zero that is.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Maybe we can find a combination launch monitor/baby monitor...

Patent pending. Be kind in the review.

Don't dig boa myself. Launch monitor/sim for personal yes I want a swing caddie 3 that connections to my phone. More graphite iron shaft innovation like Aerotech with consistent tight dispersion yes. Apple watch2 there are lots of cool options here....oh wait with gps on it only runs 5 hours ☹️. Continuation of BallWars. Integration of technology like gamegolf. Club silencer system

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nothing really.

I'm pleased with my current set makeup so no changes there. I'm going to install-test-use the Shotmaker in my driver this upcoming weekend. And if it works out well like the MGS Lab indicated I'll keep it. And, if it performs like I hope I may install one in my fairway wood too.

I'll continue to see my Pro/coach off and on during the year. He's been a big help. More so than buying any new equipment.

I'm now trying to shave around the edges of my game. New equipment isn't going to do that. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm most anxious to see and try again the Cobra One Forged irons.   I got to take a few swings with them two weeks ago and was very impressed.   Not saying I'll put them in the bag (right away..anyway)  but definitely would like to give them a longer look. 

Also GSM hit a good one in the Origninal Post..Personal Launch Monitors, I'll be at the PGA Show and definitely will be one of the things on my list to get a lot of info on. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Srixon Z565 irons would be awesome for the new years.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I'm going to go through a true putter fitting along with an accompanied lesson to see if it's worth a change there. My pro does Edel fittings and I like the idea of just seeing if I'm aiming correctly, let alone am I playing the right putter.

I'll continue lessons, I need to replace the Srixon carry bag, and I'll definitely give the Epic a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

All this new Callaway talk about the Epic Sub Zero, GBB, etc...

Driver              SLDR TP 10.5* with Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60 Tour X, 44.25"

3W                  Ping G25 with Diamana White Board D+ 82X, 42.5", tipped .5"

Driving Iron     Callaway X Prototype Utility with Tour AD DI 105X

Irons               4-P Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype with KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges          Cleveland RTX-588 46, 50, 54, 58 with True Temper DG Tour X100

Putter              Odyssey White Hot Pro Tour V-Line with Super Stroke 1.0 Pistol GT Tour, 33.25"

Golf Ball          Kirkland Signatures and Chrome Soft 2016

I got to hold the Epic in my hands a few days ago... Yep. I'll be giving that club a go as soon as it's possible! It looks REALLY good!

I really just plan on working with what I have....

Cobra F6 irons(4-AW), Mizuno JPX800 irons with SCOR scoring irons(41/45/49/53/57)  & Powerbilt Air Force One irons94-SW); Drivers: Cobra King LTD, Powerbilt AFO DFX & Powerbilt AFO WMD; Fairways: Cobra F6 Baffler 4W, Powerbilt 3W & 5W, Bombtech 3W; Hybrids: Powerbilt AFO 3 & 4, Cobra Bio Cell 2-3H and Bombtech 4H; Putters: Slotline SSi693, Nike Method, Ping ketsch, Scotty Cameron Kombi & Evnroll ER6.

I think that is plenty to work with this year.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I am really pumped for the 2017 Bettinardi Studio Stock line to be released. The pics are mesmerizing

Driver: TM%20LOGO1_zpsiu5rjvgi.png Burner Superfast TP 9* Fuji TS Evolution II Speeder; X-Flex

3 Wood: PingLogo1_zps9tkzkolg.gif G Series 15* Tour 75g; S-Flex

Irons: callaway-logo1_zpshbc6azir.png2016 APEX MB 3-PW; KBS Tour; S-Flex; 1/2" Long, 1* upright 

Wedges: Vokey-Design-Wedges1_zpsf6xkz8xp.png 50* 54* 58* SM5, K Grind 

Putter: betti%20loho1_zpszxuq88tc.png Bettinardi SS9 DASS Prototype/Hexperimental

I'm looking forward to seeing what Mizuno will do in 2017. I love their irons and with Nike going away, I wonder if they pick up someone huge to play their stuff. I would love to see another variation of the mp5 with maybe a touch of multi material in the long irons to make them slightly more forgiving.

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

I'm kind of anxious to see what the new Bridgestone line will look like. Not sure the new line will be as broad as the J15 series, but it should be solid.

There are rumors, rumblings and murmurs out there about a Hogan metal wood offering. That would be cool to see.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Bombtech irons

They'll be on sale for .99 cents

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm kind of anxious to see what the new Bridgestone line will look like. Not sure the new line will be as broad as the J15 series, but it should be solid.

There are rumors, rumblings and murmurs out there about a Hogan metal wood offering. That would be cool to see.

The J15 CBs were incredible!!!

Archived